Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

6 hours ago, Ink said:
6 hours ago, Ink said:
  On 7/17/2017 at 9:35 PM, admin said:

Hotfix 4 (07/28/2017)

• Some survival upgrades rebalanced (significant boosts to repair time reduced)
  • Leaks rebalanced (it will be possible to sink ships with penetrating holes under waterline again)
  • Ship capture from NPC returns to PVP servers. All ships from rank 7 to rank 5 are captureable from NPCs.

Leaks returned is GREAT! Fighting for the wind will be important again now.
Repair timers needs to be increased as well. Battles are turned into never ending chase due to constant sail repairs -  double it.
Ship capture up to rate 5 is not helping making money off PVP. Now everyone is gonna capture 5th rates and sell them. Up to 6th rate trader ships only would be better

Edited by koltes
  • Like 5

On 2017-07-17 at 11:35 AM, admin said:

Ship capture from NPC returns to PVP servers. All ships from rank 7 to rank 5 are captureable from NPCs.

NOOO, bye bye my traders brig crafting emporium.

but in all seriousness, Will be interesting to see what happens to the economy. 

Edited by Demsity
  • Like 1

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

Would be great if all captured ships were crew space...

Servers are up, time to find out. Hope so too.

On 2017-07-17 at 11:35 AM, admin said:

Hotfix 4 (07/28/2017)

• Some survival upgrades rebalanced (significant boosts to repair time reduced)
  • Leaks rebalanced (it will be possible to sink ships with penetrating holes under waterline again)
  • Ship capture from NPC returns to PVP servers. All ships from rank 7 to rank 5 are captureable from NPCs.

So ships that are non craft-able, like the Indefatigable can now be captured and used again? Then I must ask, what is limiting ships in the engine, if we can capture and use them but not craft them?

7 minutes ago, Aegir said:

...Even more backtracking. Missions. SOL accessibility. And now ship capture.

...What's next? Duras coming back? Free town teleports? Ship towing/teleporting?

<_<

Duras I wouldn't say (people got familiar with the actual system)  ... FT teleport neither (it would be a dramtic change that impacts on a lot of things) .... I'd bet on towing (but with restricitions)

Just now, Demsity said:

So ships that are non craft-able, like the Indefatigable can now be captured and used again? Then I must ask, what is limiting ships in the engine, if we can capture and use them but not craft them?

Indefatigable is craftable. Just need a permit that you buy with marks.

26 minutes ago, springby said:

• If you make the game too easy it will become boring.

No the game atm is boring because of too much grind. I loved old NA because you practically could do whatever you like to. You could concentrate on crafting, trading or fighting. Now you are *forced* to do stupid pve missions or you can't afford meaningful things.

BTW: you need over 20 frigate missions in a row to afford a lvl2 shipyard, mats aside

Edited by mikawa

26 minutes ago, springby said:

I think that you perhaps underestimate the general player just a tiny bit

• Sure, the new player is weak by default, but player have chosen to play this game and this means that player isnt complete bonehead :):)
• Players learn, many learn very fast these days
• If you make the game too easy it will become boring.
• RvR is a numbers game -the largest and/or best organised group wins.

If I look at the number of players of each server after the "mega hardcore patch" I see that te playerbase is not growing, rather it's sinking.

That is quite enough for me to conclude that:

1) this game is not so "newbie friendly"  ATM;

2) if the game wants to survive, it shall find a way to be more "newbie friendly" in the future.

PS: As far as the boredom is concerned, actually I hardly believe that you can make the game more boring than it is now (due to the endless grind needed to do with profit each single thing in game). Actually to have a relevant economic result and/or to have a half hour of PVP fun, you have to grind a couple of hours.

Edited by victor

9 minutes ago, mikawa said:

*forced*

This is misguiding at best, but I recognize it is the easiest way to do. Easiest meaning less risky.

What the "nostalgic old days" didn't have was risk. Risk was reduced to a bare minimum.

Now, this need to grind can be reduced of course if the present situation of having to put yourself in the line of fire every time you want to move/sail anything anywhere.

By the way, ranking XP works hand in hand with ships knowledge. Whomever redeemed the XP simply bypassed the rank but forfeited the ship knowledge. By the time a newcomer hits RA he will have a lot of ships knowledge, ranging from 3 slots up to full 5 slots in some.

Money comes in a variety of ways. Easiest and safest being quick runs in local waters with a schooner doing 50 - 60k profit at each leg. Next easiest is missions. At the very opposite of spectrum is the commerce raiding / seizing enemy shipping.

But yes, *forcing* newcomers to adopt a single way of playing the game, simply because we get comfortable with one single mode of playing the game can be very detrimental.

There's not one true way to play. There's easier ways and riskier ways.

2 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Now, this need to grind can be reduced of course if the present situation of having to put yourself in the line of fire every time you want to move/sail anything anywhere.

if you mean by that that I could easier get marks & money by doing pvp - I must dissappoint you. You have the great risk of losing your one dura ship which only leads to new mission grind to afford a new one.

1 minute ago, mikawa said:

if you mean by that that I could easier get marks & money by doing pvp - I must dissappoint you. You have the great risk of losing your one dura ship which only leads to new mission grind to afford a new one.

Dont sail ships that you cant afford to loose. Simple as that

4 minutes ago, mikawa said:

Not you nor me, specifically, but whomever plays the game.

Let's say that 700k is just an Attack away. Or that a 1st rate in materials ( ready to assemble ) is just around the next bay. ( in the time that takes to run from one Freeport to another Freeport, not bad for one hour of gameplay )

I agree some smoother way for the first four ranks should be considered. But not in the way that wrong lessons are learned.

2 minutes ago, Demsity said:

Dont sail ships that you cant afford to loose. Simple as that

Don't tell me that I have to earn 100 k (you need this at least for a light frigate plus cannons) every day to sail out with that. This is ridiculous.

Just now, mikawa said:

Ok what do you mean by that? I don't get this ...

Commerce raiding. Inside enemy territory. Where "it should be safe".

The more the risk the more the fun the more the profit.

Schooners and brigs are the best bang for the buck. No need for frigates.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mikawa said:

Don't tell me that I have to earn 100 k (you need this at least for a light frigate plus cannons) every day to sail out with that. This is ridiculous.

Thats not what I´m saying, I make sure that I can  always afford to replace my ship should it get sunk, trading if I cant afford that.

You can make 100k really easy by trading.

Edited by Demsity