Game-Labs Forum

WAR!!! Great Britain Declares War on the US Nation!

Christendom

21 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Back in WoT we had a rule....if me or one of the other leaders aren't the first to die than we did something wrong.  That is cause we lead the fights from the front not the rear.   We fight like this in our clan on here.  You won't see any of the leaders or officers in the back (Ok maybe when I'm in a mortar brig, but that is it).  You see us in the middle of the fight with the rest of our clan members. The only way your going to get better at the PvP/RvR is to fight.  You do not get better by sitting in your port, rolling empty ports and picking on smaller nations that can't even fill a Port Battle with 25.  

This is one of the best pieces of mmo logic I have read on these forums.

Ofcourse, you know pirates can't just sit back while the rest of us war and have all the fun. I for one am looking forward to BLACK's grand entrance. Keep the powder dry and the keel wet! o7

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jean Pual Vilvenue said:

Can I use my forged papers to join the US and stop the British, then when the British give up, can I rejoin Pirates again ???

Wait wait hold it right there matey!   Are you inferring that the free Pirate Republic needs some special permissions to war on the world or even just the tea sipping British?!!   Whose permission ye be lookin fer?  Some High born king? Some fat rich parliament leader?  Maybe it's your dear ol mum?    If ye canna belt out a YARRRR! like ya mean it turn your parrot in at the door.  Don't make me burn a forged paper to come back and show ya how it's done.  Thars pirating to be done.  If some English bloke is deserving you go right ahead an spit in his eye...  (The Curse Allister Bach...retired)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Galt said:

And in response to the notion that "The U.S./GB alliance is too strong, it kills the game!" I think it's been proven, when GB (the member of such a strong alliance) was one ported. I think that taking nations to such ineffective levels kills the game. I don't feel that one porting a nation, yes even the rats, is really such a good thing (because in the end we are all just playing a game so have fun.) But GB was certainly on hard times and between attacks from the rats and the Danes, we weren't exactly winning (at least on PvP2.) so to say that the alliance was too strong is just an alternative fact.

It's good you acknowledge that the US/GB alliance had nothing to do with strength. Being "strong" (lol) wasn't the issue, it was that it shut down some of the dynamics of the open world sandbox as well as probably trapping unwilling parties into forced neutrality. There's no way you could convince me that there weren't US and Brit players who'd of had no problems with fighting one another given the opportunity. So I'll repeat that the removal of the really bad diplomacy mechanic from the game was one of the best decisions the Devs have made. It was bad for the game and the PvP2 US/GB (Then US/GB/VP) alliance was a very brightly shining example of why. 

This recent war declaration by some GB clans is a fun development to see within the rather stale RvR environment on this server. It's needed more PvP, and if a conflict between some factions within the US/GB does that, it's a win win. 

Like I said before, if you don't like it. Don't participate. Find another part of the sandbox to pee in. 

Edited by Rhodry Heidenrich
  • Like 2

On 6/23/2017 at 5:03 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm calling BS on 3rd largest.  Before the Merge PvP2 US had the largest population with GB second and Pirates third.  Just GB/US is 2/3's of the serer population.  Now I'll say GB has moved into number one spot, but US has way more population than PIrates have, who are prob number three as largest nations. The problem is the majority of your name aren't PvPer and ya'll spend most of  your time doing trade and crafting.  Though seems not very well if ya'll are showing up to Port Battles in store bought ships and such lately.  

Again defend and keep what ya'll can.  US doesn't n need over half the map (well not that much).  Do like pirates are and pick a zone to protect and keep that area protected.  US expands there selves way to thin.  If you can't defend those ports than you don't need to own them.  This isn't PvP2 any more it's a whole new game.  So take your clan and get with a few others and set up what area ya'll want to keep and protect in the Gulf and do so.  By what I'm understanding is they don't plan to attack you along the east coast so your safe there.    

^^^^^^ Well said!! ^^^^^^

On 6/24/2017 at 1:19 AM, Galt said:

and that we need to get the French out of the area.

You'd probably be better off with France in there as a buffer. The Haiti French are avid PvPers but aren't interested in flipping ports.

You're opening up your border to the Danes and eventually they will start taking your ports. They won't PvP you but they'll just start scooping up your ports, which they will only attack at 8am eastern. They'll do it even as they call you an ally, "for your own protection".

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

So is this what your war looks like?!!!! You guys need a lot of help if this is your idea of a war!!!!

I know. So far the French v Dane contest has had two major sea battles and almost constant small unit surface action all over.  SOLs have been risked and lost. 

This Brit v USA thing is looking like a snooze fest.  There must be some confusion too. So far the only thing they did was take a French port. If you need to know where the USA is I could provide a chart? :)

Cmon guys mix it up!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bach said:

I know. So far the French v Dane contest has had two major sea battles and almost constant small unit surface action all over.  SOLs have been risked and lost. 

This Brit v USA thing is looking like a snooze fest.  There must be some confusion too. So far the only thing they did was take a French port. If you need to know where the USA is I could provide a chart? :)

Cmon guys mix it up!

So far in the war my HMS Jackalope (Lynx) has captured 3 prizes, 2 traders brigs and a trader cutter.  Then the HMS Needlefish (privateer) has taken 1 Pickle as a prize.  

But this was just in the first day of the war.  There are already plans of this British Privateer taking many more prizes.

7 hours ago, Bach said:

Cmon guys mix it up!

Yah we are doing our thing around the Keys taking some ships off the hands of those we can (got an Aggy last night).  Though it's mainly been the US side, but I'm sure the Brits won't be safe either.  We kinda want to see how this war goes before we put pressure on either side.   As you can guess we are more just staying out of the Dane/French thing.   Sooner or later we will switch out of OW PvP mode and make that entry your waiting on.  Just want to see how all the cards drop first before we decide on our first big move.

48 minutes ago, Hodo said:

So far in the war my HMS Jackalope (Lynx) has captured 3 prizes, 2 traders brigs and a trader cutter.  Then the HMS Needlefish (privateer) has taken 1 Pickle as a prize.  

But this was just in the first day of the war.  There are already plans of this British Privateer taking many more prizes.

We been doing our part in taking of the prizes.  Though we don't discriminate on who we been sinking around the Keys.  Though honestly it's mostly been the US.   Though I did get a Brit trader around the event area.   We are just doing what pirates do best....lol

On 23/06/2017 at 5:51 PM, Christendom said:

Hostilities will cease when the Gulf has been returned to it's rightful owners. 

So like the Spanish (aka Dave) or the Aztecs - what are we aiming for here? :P

I mean Im a Brit but that line keeps cracking me up ;)

Sorry @Hodo I shouldve read the thread. Didn't actually know you already went for that one...

Edited by JollyRoger1516
  • Like 2

Christendom is just trying to get some marks. He thinks that he will be successful. Man can't wait for them to set a port battle. Ready to bloody their cowardice, treacherous noses. Traitors that went to a bigger faction. Classic

Edited by airborneguy
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

So like the Spanish (aka Dave) or the Aztecs - what are we aiming for here? :P

I mean Im a Brit but that line keeps cracking me up ;)

Sorry @Hodo I shouldve read the thread. Didn't actually know you already went for that one...

I thought it was a troll masterpiece.  

20 minutes ago, airborneguy said:

Christendom is just trying to get some marks. He thinks that he will be successful. Man can't wait for them to set a port battle. Ready to bloody their cowardice, treacherous noses. Traitors that went to a bigger faction. Classic

Bring brigs and teak ships this time please.  But really brah, it's a game   Chill out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, airborneguy said:

Well some one got some fighting spirit, maybe you can find like 25+ more to have the same spirit.

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

I thought it was a troll masterpiece.  

Bring brigs and teak ships this time please.  But really brah, it's a game   Chill out. 

Hell I would just be happy if they show up with 25 if anything.   Oh and we where glade some showed for Nassau in the shallows.  Had a little brawl to give our guys some more taste of the fight.   I'm sure we will be thorn in each other side on OW while this is going on.

8 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Sooner or later we will switch out of OW PvP mode and make that entry your waiting on.  Just want to see how all the cards drop first before we decide on our first big move.

It should make a statement but nothing to gawdy.  Maybe like opening with a nice gut kick or a solid piratical pistol butt to the bridge of the nose. But nothing too foo foo like that kung fu crap.  You know something that says YARRRRR!

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

guys... make your own thread. this is GB declaring WAR on US thread

This GB/US thread doesn't have enough drama. Eventually this thread will convince both the US and GB to stop fighting. Their is no way the US and GB end up with any real fights. If any of these clans really wanted to fight they wouldn't have played GB or US to begin with.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Vllad said:

This GB/US thread doesn't have enough drama. Eventually this thread will convince both the US and GB to stop fighting. Their is no way the US and GB end up with any real fights. If any of these clans really wanted to fight they wouldn't have played GB or US to begin with.

they're just doing it to "flip each other off" for Conquest Marks. pfft!<_<

devs should investigate accounts doing the port flipping so no alts are the ones doing them. >cough< exploit abuse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

devs should investigate accounts doing the port flipping so no alts are the ones doing them. >cough< exploit abuse.

Ahh, that makes sense.

The irony is if either GB or US had any real fight in them they could beat the other down until one or the other is no longer a zerg. Most players play in a zerg simply because it is easy. A few days of mass attacks would eventually drive those players away and up and joining the (insert your next zerg here).

Why risk that when you can just beat on smaller nations?

In most games two zergs never fight each other unless the game forces them to. Show some screen shots of this great war between GB and the US otherwise it really doesn't exist.  

• Like 2

Well I know I have still been hunting on the US east coast.  

The total for the HMS Jackalope is now..

5 Trader Brigs, 1 Trader Cutter, 1 Pickle and an Indefatigable.   

1 Trader brig and the Indefatigable were assisted captures with the help of Captain Sid Berret and his Renomee.

1 hour ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

We are?  Do you have any proof of exploit abuse?