Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.2 - Changes to mission, crafting, ROE and other fixes

admin

10 hours ago, Suppenkelle said:

Just saw yesterday that in crafting the densities of the woods for planking are reflected in the amount of ballast needed. Just to balance righting moment and displacement, I suppose.

Devs, you find me awe-stricken. Never thought, a game would even dream of involving this much depth. As a physicist who worked in fluid dynamics and as a passionate RL sailor I'm deeply impressed by this attitude without compromise towards fundamental science. Chapeau!

well, to compensate that we have polar summer nights at tropical latitudes.

• Like 1

It is a nice idea to set the game so players have to sail with goods, I like it. Recent implementation is not ideal. To produce goods one needs a lot of money. Profit from selling it is very low (either the prices are low or the sail time takes a lot) If I compare how much money I can get for minutes spent in game, the only winner now is to do the repeatable admirality missions. I would like to have back the option to be able to tow EMPTY (cargo hold) ship from outpost to outpost over night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Armored_Sheep said:

It is a nice idea to set the game so players have to sail with goods, I like it. Recent implementation is not ideal. To produce goods one needs a lot of money. Profit from selling it is very low (either the prices are low or the sail time takes a lot) If I compare how much money I can get for minutes spent in game, the only winner now is to do the repeatable admirality missions. I would like to have back the option to be able to tow EMPTY (cargo hold) ship from outpost to outpost over night.

Once upon a time pvp was the most profitable on pvp server.

27 minutes ago, jodgi said:

It's ok that nice things drop with loot.

It's not ok that important things drop with loot (copper, speed trim...)

Its fine for important things to drop from loot too, but they should be obtainable by other means than PvE farming and praying to RNGJesus as well. Otherwise we will have abominations like current copper plating costing more than majority of light frigates.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, fox2run said:

PvP server has turned into pve farming trading server. How come? 

Quite simple. Current OW PvP meta requires 600-700k gold investment for decent Surprise or 1 mill + investment for decent Endymion. Due to additive module effects and speed cap. Not many can afford losing that much, hence there isn't any PvP besides ganking in speed surprises/endymions or chasing gankers for couple hours. There are some minor exceptions (mostly very skilled players), but as long as it's too much work required for average joe to go out and have fun PvPing, things will not change.

If you don't have copper plating+figurine+refit, your ship is gimp. Average Joe can't be bothered to risk that much farm to lose it.

Edited by Aphilas
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, fox2run said:

PvP server has turned into pve farming trading server. How come? 

ech, let the farmers farm...

Lets work to stop the farmers from beating normal players by default with the tremendous gear advantage they get from bullying bots over and over and over...

The new crafting system is a fantastic step in the right direction!

5 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Lets work to stop the farmers from beating normal players by default with the tremendous gear advantage they get from bullying bots over and over and over...

I'd rather see a bunch of people not minding to lose their pixels and go out searching for PvP actively. Currenly they don't because it's either "can't be bothered to risk that much gold" or "don't have a fully kitted out ship, so I will just be a sitting duck due to ships 12 knots speed".

Killing 10 speed farming Indefaqs gets boring pretty fast.

Edited by Aphilas
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aphilas said:

Quite simple. Current OW PvP meta requires 600-700k gold investment for decent Surprise or 1 mill + investment for decent Endymion. Due to additive module effects and speed cap. Not many can afford losing that much, hence there isn't any PvP besides ganking in speed surprises/endymions or chasing gankers for couple hours. There are some minor exceptions (mostly very skilled players), but as long as it's too much work required for average joe to go out and have fun PvPing, things will not change.

If you don't have copper plating+figurine+refit, your ship is gimp. Average Joe can't be bothered to risk that much farm to lose it.

Pretty much what I see every night.

55 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Yes. I can't risk a single pvp now. Very funny. Great game (not).

51 minutes ago, Aphilas said:

see, I this this information is a bit miss leading.  

like I've been saying since almost the beginning, the problem isn't the developers or the game play mechanics.  it is the players that play the game.  the reason why these mods cost so much, is limited availability and the high demand for such items.  players jack the prices up on anything just so they can get a huge pile of money to sit on.  and some of the "chase" perm mods are very difficult to get, requiring a book from an npc drop in all.

to make pvp easier to get into, they need to make these mods more available.  then the prices will drop and people will pvp more.  despite making most of the perm mods also drop in from npcs now it has not changed the prices.

IMO, copper plating needs to be craftable.  the rare materials that are required for the refits needs to be more available.  IE for pve marks or something.

and for what its worth, a million gold can be farmed in a day with a lot of work.  I myself farm about 400k a day with ease.  I've had no problem replacing ships. Even ones with good perm mods on it. over the past week or so I've stockpiled a few pvp ships and have been going out daily for pvp.  

in short, even the way things are now with stupid prices on the market for some of these mods, (which you don't even need imo), I've still managed to go out and pvp.  to those players too afraid to lose 500k worth of pixels... buck up!  don't worry someone will come a long a dive your mission and cost you your ship eventually.  might as well go out and lose it fighting.

4 minutes ago, randommexi said:

see, I this this information is a bit miss leading.  

like I've been saying since almost the beginning, the problem isn't the developers or the game play mechanics.  it is the players that play the game.  the reason why these mods cost so much, is limited availability and the high demand for such items.  players jack the prices up on anything just so they can get a huge pile of money to sit on.  and some of the "chase" perm mods are very difficult to get, requiring a book from an npc drop in all.

to make pvp easier to get into, they need to make these mods more available.  then the prices will drop and people will pvp more.  despite making most of the perm mods also drop in from npcs now it has not changed the prices.

IMO, copper plating needs to be craftable.  the rare materials that are required for the refits needs to be more available.  IE for pve marks or something.

and for what its worth, a million gold can be farmed in a day with a lot of work.  I myself farm about 400k a day with ease.  I've had no problem replacing ships. Even ones with good perm mods on it. over the past week or so I've stockpiled a few pvp ships and have been going out daily for pvp.  

in short, even the way things are now with stupid prices on the market for some of these mods, (which you don't even need imo), I've still managed to go out and pvp.  to those players too afraid to lose 500k worth of pixels... buck up!  don't worry someone will come a long a dive your mission and cost you your ship eventually.  might as well go out and lose it fighting.

Average joe will not want to PvP if it takes him 5-6 hours to get a ship ready for it (light frigate, mind you).

Otherwise, you completely agreed with what I said, so I don't know what's misleading about my post:)

Edited by Aphilas

1 hour ago, fox2run said:

Yes. I can't risk a single pvp now. Very funny. Great game (not).

All you need for constant PvP is to make your own cannons and rig/hull repairs.  You can still buy ships off the market for a few hundred k gold.  Put you home made cannons on it and go PvP all you want.

Its not the cost of the ship that keeps many of them from PvP. It's this head game they have themselves brainwashed into that they CAN'T leave port without the BEST of every piece of gear installed on their BEST of all ships with the BEST of all mods on it. These guys aren't afraid of costs they are just simply afraid to LOSE a fight.

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin  No hotfix patch notes?

38 minutes ago, qw569 said:

I suppose that @admin teach us scientific research.

I found that all light trader ships require Small Carriage.
Did anybody find more?

I've been throught the Item Templates API file, only really looking at crafting stuff. The only real change is the four light Trader BPs (Lynx, Cutter, Snow and Brig) now need carriages. No other BPs change, no item weights change.

The only other thing I've spotted is the base price of a sealed bottle goes from 20 to 200. which probably affects the minimum contract price you can place for one.

12 minutes ago, Remus said:

I've been throught the Item Templates API file, only really looking at crafting stuff. The only real change is the four light Trader BPs (Lynx, Cutter, Snow and Brig) now need carriages. No other BPs change, no item weights change.

The only other thing I've spotted is the base price of a sealed bottle goes from 20 to 200. which probably affects the minimum contract price you can place for one.

I did go to pick up a bottle and it was 400 wieght so couldn't get it with me Reno.  Will have to go in something bigger now.

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I did go to pick up a bottle and it was 400 wieght so couldn't get it with me Reno.  Will have to go in something bigger now.

Ah, that's good to know. Guess I'd better make some more TLynxes for people then :)

1 hour ago, Bach said:

All you need for constant PvP is to make your own cannons and rig/hull repairs.  You can still buy ships off the market for a few hundred k gold.  Put you home made cannons on it and go PvP all you want.

Its not the cost of the ship that keeps many of them from PvP. It's this head game they have themselves brainwashed into that they CAN'T leave port without the BEST of every piece of gear installed on their BEST of all ships with the BEST of all mods on it. These guys aren't afraid of costs they are just simply afraid to LOSE a fight.

Forget it. I stopped playing when I lost my trading ship and had to grind pve ships. I simply didnt have the time to be bored in my sparetime. I don't have the patience to collect 2-300.000 gold in a cutter in order to equip a frigate class ship with guns. Sry m8. Other games give me more fun. Besides this games reviews are so bad that it's an offensive to have it on steam sales. These kind of unfinished and boring games shouldnt be on steam at all imho.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aphilas said:

Average joe will not want to PvP if it takes him 5-6 hours to get a ship ready for it (light frigate, mind you).

Otherwise, you completely agreed with what I said, so I don't know what's misleading about my post:)

the misleading part is the cost...  small frigates should not cost 500k to outfit and build.  I built my own and outfitted it myself for 250k.  its only 500k cause of the people that are setting the outfitting prices high because of the limited supply and the high demand.

1 hour ago, fox2run said:

Forget it. I stopped playing when I lost my trading ship and had to grind pve ships. I simply didnt have the time to be bored in my sparetime. I don't have the patience to collect 2-300.000 gold in a cutter in order to equip a frigate class ship with guns. Sry m8. Other games give me more fun. Besides this games reviews are so bad that it's an offensive to have it on steam sales. These kind of unfinished and boring games shouldnt be on steam at all imho.

If your having that much trouble then you are doing it wrong.   This isn't a simple game of checkers anymore. It's chess now. We have to think moves ahead.  If you grind in a cutter just enough money to buy a frigate and arm it and then go PvP you are likely going to be miserable.   Trader brigs are good haulers as long as no one is hunting that area and it will carry things as large as a 100-200k textile mill.  But a Trader Lynx can still carry 500k worth of Rum.  Ideally you grind out NPC traders till you get 100k starting capital.  Then you trade or farm more NPCs to get up to about 300-500k.  Then you put that money in your bank and never spend it on PvP. You use it to make more money. That more money you make is what you spend on PvP.  So when you take a loss you already have that starting capital so in a few hours you can replace all your PvP stuff.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 2