Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 1 for patch 10.1

admin

Its excellent that the cutter is now not allowed to attack or to join PvP battles, but since they will still be pulled if they are in the circle it changes nothing.

1 privateer with 10 basic cutters following it will still be able to do PvP cutter swarm attacks.

so, I don't get why that exception is in there, since it negates the others.

47 minutes ago, admin said:

basic cutter is a pve basic ship to get the grasp of the game. For pvp upgrade to pickle or privateer - which are cheap and provide immense fun (and safety)

Cheap? For a max rank player like me maybe!

But for a starting player, I'd say it is not.

Point is a newbie has now NO actual possibility to access PVP: he is not skilled, so he is very likely to get sunk the first times he tries to PVP. Further he has to pay the bills for repairs and - in the very likely case of being sunk - he has to buy cannons, and a new ships.

Basic cutter was a cheap way for players to learn the basics of PVP (and also to have some PVP fun without the nightmare of the grind needed to recover from a loss). So basically, another form of - newbie friendly - easy and cheap fun for players has been eradicated from the game.

Can you at least allow 1vs1 Basic cutter player PVP battles? Both parties risk nothing, so it's fair.

• Like 1

Dear main Developer! Dear Developers!
Plz read this mail. My reason to write that i like this game very much and im very sad that in this way it wont be succesfull. first of all i wanted to appologize for some of my previous letters, i was upset because of some changes. I try to explain what are the problems with ur game and give easy solutions. I do it with best regards with the feeling u should make the best game i have ever played. Im 42 years old doctor, i have played games since 25 years, and belive me, i know what the problems.
Seems this game became mmo, so....

Problems:

U have to give new and old players a constant progression. The progression on low levels should be easy to keep the new players, on high level hard (to make the game enjoyable long time). At the moment low level progression is hard (high ship prices and labour cost; basic cutter swarm; combat misson ganks; time consuming OS sailing and repair system), high level progressing is easy (low rate prices, bad new conquest system, no national balance). Top of that u have to let players to play thier own style. If they want solo or team PVE, solo or team PVP, only trade gamestyle or mixed thiese in thiere favour they should progress nearly the same way. U separed the progressions by the mark system, so nobody can play his style, nearly every player are forced to play gamestyles they dont want. Low variability of combat missons gives no opportunity to go with team or go solo PVE, as sometimes no missions for solo, sometimes dont worth to do it with team. PVE and PVP has a really boring time consuming and frustrating side effect, because after every battle u have to go back to port and to OS spot because of OS sail repair system. Players should sail with thier favourite ships but with the new chaotic ship progression system they have to sail shitload boring ships. One of the main problem, that the map is too big for this player population (plz coninue reading, i know u cant change the map), so most of the players spent thier gametime with OS sea sailing.   
I know that u cant change lot of things, like OS map, but i try to give u really easy solutions for thiese problems.

Solutions:

First of all u have to imidiately stop basic cutter ganks and combat mission ganks, those hello kittys up low level and low budget player progression, and make lots of ragequits. Till u let basic cutters into unrisky PVP, the main OS sea battle type will be like 5 basic cutter against 1-2 frigate. U think this is good? Cutters has no risk, frigates has no earn. Solution is easy, just don let basic cutters attack enemy or join to a battle on attacker side. In that way they will be attackable, so wont be super spotter, they can defend allies in defensive battles but wont make an umbalanced, unenjoyable, shame, dominant OS sea battle type. How to stop combat misson ganks? Dont let any enemy player to join in. If u do this, u will have a side effect. Players can disappear form chases by entering missions. U can easy solute this too. dont let players enter missions while they are under attack on OS. Another solution if combat missions disappear from OS after 30 sec, so if no enemy visible on OS, u wont be ganked.
U should make OS repairs as expensive as in city. Maybe make a new window like manage crew window called port repair. it should repair for the same amount of money like they enter into port.
Outpost prices should be much chepaer to help the OS move. i think it should help a lot to avoid frustrating meaningless sail hours and help solo and team players very much because u can get to PVP or silent areas easier. Like 500 k till unlock all outposts. That should really help to defend nations far ports from capitals.
The separated mark system is bad. To help players playing thier gamestyles marks should be tradable. PVE mark should be called honor mark. PVP and conquest mark should stay. They should be tradable for each otherz like 1 Conq=5 PVP mark=25 honor mark. I want one more mark in system called trade mark (1 trade mark = 1 conquest mark), but i want to talk about it later.
To help beginners, let them get low and mid level ships with (!) medium cannons from admirality for marks with progressive prices. (Navy brig for 20, Cerberus for 40, Indef for 200 honor mark. (i think 15-20 master and commander misson grind should enough for an Indef, its approxomatly 10 hour gameplay) These ships should be oak, crew space, so they can be use for PVE and PVP aswell, and in this way they dont be uniqe. Nowdays no market for low ships, so u wont hurt traders with this, as most of this ships can be buy for money aswell, and crafter and traders usually go for rates. To make long gouls, rate prices should go hihger in porgressive way to give different ship goals for players. Like for get a bellona u should spend 600 honor mark for blueprint and permit, for Buccanteur 1200, for Vic 2500, for La Ocean 3500, and u still need to craft it. This mark system should avoid that soon 2 main battle type will be in game: 25 la Ocean against 25 la Ocean in PB, basic cutter swarm against  Indef. on OS battle.
The new conquest mark system is horrible, it streghten the powerfull nations and weaken the weaks. U should give 1 conquest mark for participating in PB, and 1 more for every kill and 1/2 for assist (+1 for win if u want, but i think better if not because of the balance). If u want u can give multiplier for ports, that can focus actions on map aswell.
U have to force PVP and trading actions into certain areas to make the sea live. Ur new tradeing model solve that, but its not published enough and its not effective. To make it effective every day 3-5 freetown should give Europian trader flag. That should mean that in this port NPC (homeland) traders buy goods for high prices. On map should be signed what they wanted. They all should buy gold and silver ingot (took out gold and silver coins from craft list, they were done in mother countries), and some luxury resources like cocoa, tobaco, suggar. Make a new perk plantation mastery in perk tree and for some certain ports u should give permition to make plantation buldings. So make new resource called luxury resource just for some ports, like cocoa, tobacco, according to history. Dont make it too difficult, and dont let much port, like 3-5/nation. Need only 2-3 type of luxury resorce.  Gold ingots should be sold for highest profit with hihgest risk to let all players trade, luxury resources with lower (but high) with lower risk (to give extra profit for traders with plantation perk and luxury resources. If player sell certain amount of 1 resource to europian trader,  should get 1 trader mark with the cap of how many resource type the trader wanted. Like trader wants cocoa, gold, silver then after selling "1000 (2000-3000?) hold space" from all of these can get 3 mark, but not more. U should give 1 trader mark for delivery missions aswell.
The combat misson pool is really low. If u dont want to sail hours on OS and seek for the right target u cant progress with some levels and ships. like there should be 3x more type missions. 1v1 missons should egsist till frigates like the strongest enemy is an Indef. Fleet missions should be scaled with the number of enemies, like master and commander 1-2-3-4 mission type with 3-4-5-6 enemy and players should set enemy number with selection (but with variate ship types about same battlerating).
The ship "cross" XP porgession system is bad, just take it out. Certain ship XP could be earned only with that type of ship, maybe harder than now.
My last suggestion is that u have to implement natinal balance system. U can do it with the new mark system i suggested. Mark trade rates should be changed up on national progression. Like underdog nation change rates: 1 Conq=1 trade= 8 PVP mark = 64 honor mark.U can set it easily according to the political situation, and thats a real balance.

If u do this all, i promise :) old players come back, new will stay and server will be filled. Maybe more servers.

After all, how u can get money for this. After release u can sell marks for money. Like 100 honor mark for 1 euro. So 1 Indef cost 2 Euro with guns (fill PVE and PVP system) but to help build la Ocean is 35 euro. Fair enough? if u want, u should implement differnt paintings for ships, like 3 type: basic, improved and superior and should sell for marks like 0-100-300 honor mark. u should implement sail paintings aswell with this system and alow the guilds make thier own sail patterns. For implementing a guild sail paintings into game should cost 4000 honor mark for the guild and 400 honor mark/person wanted to use in the guild.
Thats all i wanted to say.
i still belive u can make this game really succesfull. The game is superior just some of ur mechanic make it nearly unplayable.
Best regards!
I see basic cutter swarm solved, super start!!! :)

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Burningsails says that trip should be 3.4 days (1 hour, 8 mins est) @ 19kts.   So even with the round trip that is two hours.  No one said you had to make your cannon production in Belize and or main econ port being KPR.  Move to a port that is more central for all your econ.  We went over this before when you where complaining about coal and other things.   Pick a smarter location to shorten your trip between all your resources.  You don't have to make that trip every day too.  If you get into a bigger trader or bring more than one with some clan mates make a big trip once every couple of days.   Make sure both ways is profitable for every one. 

Work smarter not harder....

so you agree its at least a 2 hour sail  round trip .. you didnt think to move the speed to something more realistic than 19kts   maybe try  11kts to take into account the wind change

and reduction in speed with cargo ...its 2 hours .at 11kts... 4 hour round trip ,,,No i dont have to make that trip everyday   but lets look at other nations

spain  islamarada  26 mins at 11 kts ..call it an hour round trip ..they can transport 4x as much coal as me in same timeframe

denmark is a 15 min round trip to road town and back ..16 times more

If you get into a bigger trader or bring more than one with some clan mates make a big trip once every couple of days.

so every couple of days 4 or 5 guys in clan lose a whole days worth of game play 2-3 days a week when we are not earning money not transporting other goods ,,, not raising hostility ,,, not doing pvp .not doing port battles ... then some bright spark asks why we didnt sail the 3 hours to defend bridgetown ,to defend ...because we need to sail 4 hours for coal ..we have spend hours looking for gold that we dont have ..we have collect other resources to build the ships ..do pve to get the money  to build the shipyards and workshops and mine / farm the resources then pvp to get the marks to build the hello kittying ships .

so lets look at your other suggestion .. put your base in a smarter position  so maybe belize is smart its got coal and iron next door ,,, but  there is no gold or silver its still 4 hello kittying hrs sail back to jamiaca to get that and other resources .. it doesnt make any differnce ,,we are not sat here with our thumbs up our arses ,, we have explored every combination ...of base location ..what can we mine and where ,, can we take this port can we take that ...

you maybe a better at working these complex problems out than me ...but are you so arrogant that you think you are better than the entire brit nation ...because no one has solved these problems .. to date

Admins best idea is rather than sail both ways just build a ship in belize everytime ...its a joke

the only viable soloution is get a spanish alt ... well i refuse to give the devs more money because they hello kittyed us over in the first instance

Edited by Grundgemunkey
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, C0deX said:

If i use a cutter with 3 trader fleet noone can attack me now?

basic cutter can be attacked

but if you sail without fleets in a basic cutter a lot of players will just ignore you.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, C0deX said:

No. As I understood it, cutters can not attack other ships, while other ships can still attack the cutter.

Edit: got ninja'd by admin. Can delete this post.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 3

Are you going to fix the BR scaling in fleet battles? Atm no one is bothering with high level fleet Battles on PvE Because its pointless the insane amount of ships put against you is unfair to the point your always gonna sink or be forced to run away.

I took my Basic cutter into a Rear admin Mission and i got a Bellona, 3rd rate and Santi spawn, so if 3 ships spawn for 1 player why does it keep going and spawn 18-20 ships for 6 players?

Just now, Bart Smith said:

No pvp in free ships. Removing basic cutters was very good step forward. 

What you state is not true, since free ships can no longer start a battle or join it, but may still be targeted. So PVP is ok versus free basic ships when YOU decide to engage being in a superior ship, while it is not when THEY decide to engage. Is this fair?

Just now, C0deX said:

no, look here above.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ironhammer500 said:

I took my Basic cutter into a Rear admin Mission and i got a Bellona, 3rd rate and Santi spawn, so if 3 ships spawn for 1 player why does it keep going and spawn 18-20 ships for 6 players?

that is a fleet mission - basically a group event

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, victor said:

So PVP is ok versus free basic ships when YOU decide to engage being in a superior ship, while it is not when THEY decide to engage. Is this fair?

Why would you ever attack a freaking cutter? 

1) its boring as hell

2) you dont get anything out of it

A free starter ship of which you could get as many as you want just shouldnt be able to "pvp", aka grief. If you dont see this, i cant help you

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 6

42 minutes ago, Rouleur said:

please can we have some fun!

It should be clear that the answer is NO. Fun will be banned from Naval Action until some people will confuse skill with difficulty and grind.

Just now, admin said:

that is a fleet mission - basically a group event

Yea im saying the spawns are broken, before they spawned fine with a fair number of ships and BR rating now they spawn like 2-3x more then a player fleet BR which is wrong this is why no one is bothering to do them at all.

Before the wipe i know AI spawned but just replace the AI slots with player ships and it is fine. We did a fleet with around 6-8 people total BR maybe around 2k and got a spawn of around 5-6k in BR.

I have reported the insane spawns before.

5 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

1) its boring as hell

To prevent the captain move to a certain port you want to blockade.
Edit: But it is a marginal case.

Edited by Suricato Rojo

Just now, Liquicity said:

1) its boring as hell

Because the average OS PVPer in this game is a frigging elists that likes very much to stomp noobs?

And the point is not that he has no interest in doing it: the point is that a high rank player is allowed to grief a noob, but a noob cannot grief a high rank player. And that's not fair at all.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suricato Rojo said:

To prevent the captain move to a certain port you want to blockade.

Ah well yeah guess you're right. But that should be pretty much the only occasion. I didnt see it since I dont do rvr.

But still, for that job id rather get a privateer or lynx which you can actually escape with

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, victor said:

Because the average OS PVPer in this game is a frigging elists that likes very much to stomp noobs?

And the point is not that he has no interest in doing it: the point is that a high rank player is allowed to grief a noob, but a noob cannot grief a high rank player. And that's not fair at all.

How can you "grief" a player by sinking a ship he can just replace for free?

I dont think any players with a bit of game experience even bother about cutters.

However, griefing a crafted ship, with bought cannons, crew, repairs etc. While being in a free starter ship is a different story. I stopped playing this charade a few days ago because of the ridiculous cutter spams forcing me to use all repairs.

Good move devs.

Edited by Liquicity

16 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Yea im saying the spawns are broken, before they spawned fine with a fair number of ships and BR rating now they spawn like 2-3x more then a player fleet BR which is wrong this is why no one is bothering to do them at all.

Before the wipe i know AI spawned but just replace the AI slots with player ships and it is fine. We did a fleet with around 6-8 people total BR maybe around 2k and got a spawn of around 5-6k in BR.

I have reported the insane spawns before.

Before patch they have all ways spawned 2-3 more ships than your side had.   The thing is your side AI was removed and they are meant to have 4-6 players in them.  So if you go in with one ships than they are going to have more ship than you.  I'm sorry if you can't sink like AI ships in a battle with 1-3 more ships than you, maybe you don't need to be in those ships.   IF you have 4 1st rates and your matched against 2 1st rates and saying 2-4 2nd rates you should still be able to wipe the floor against AI.   If your having problems with those odds you might want to take a step back and down grade to a lower tier ship and or look at the builds of your ships and how you have your perks and gun set up.  My clan has solo fought those mega fleets of 25 on open world with 12-16 1st/2nd rates and no ship lost.  That is almost a 2 to 1 odds against us.   This was almost an  instant 50-60% agro for a region and flip for port battles.    Now we don't have that many SOL's yet but I would say with current combat changes and ships builds I wouldn't try that odds just yet.   Maybe ya'll are just biting off to much than you can chew.  Stop going in there with just a few guys.  Get a full group of 4-6 guys or even 12 and do them.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

spain  islamarada  26 mins at 11 kts ..call it an hour round trip ..they can transport 4x as much coal as me in same timeframe

Yes, gold and silver too right? LOL

Most of spanish clans don´t craft ships in la habana, neither cannons. 

• Like 1

Just now, Liquicity said:

However, griefing a crafted ship, with bought cannons, crew, repair etc. While being in a free starter ship is a different story. I stopped playing this charade a few days ago because of the ridiculous cutter spams forcing me to use all repairs.

Good move devs.

Uhm .. I thought you was one of the "hardcore" players.

But It's not so hardcore ragequitting until devs change mechanics that you do not like.