Game-Labs Forum

pirates selling ports to other factions

1 minute ago, Borch said:

I was thinking more about conquest marks in the old game mechanics. French came and decided to sacrifice some derelict wrecks to their allies from SORRY ( situation like US army target practice with derelict junk ). Who are we to decide in "sandbox" game how French would like to spend their time and money? According to the new mechanic trading is the same minus French players sacrificing junk ships.

Why was SORRY demoted then?

To make an example of them. Then the rule changed so no PvP marks for PBs so shrug

9 minutes ago, Borch said:

Who are we to decide in "sandbox" game how French would like to spend their time and money?

Indeed, You don't decide how french like to spend their time and money. 
Community brings offenses to tribunal and developers decide based on the game rules.

If someone decides to sacrifice junk ships for xp, money or marks or to benefit from that there is an rule on that and their progress will be reset. 

How is it relevant to political port trading? Please stay on topic and don't derail the conversation from now on.

2 minutes ago, Borch said:

Ahh,so the game rules now decide that political port trading (without sinking French captains) is not in game offense while back then political port trading (with sinking French captains) is not?

This is relevant as the mechanics of conquest marks gaining changed. According to you there is no more farming now. For me it's just elegant cover for endless farming (without need to sink anyone inside PB). 

And just to clear this one for the future so nobody gets banned by accident. Are we allowed to stream political port trading now?

You should read forum and game rules. Its all there. Damage, XP and Money farming is not allowed. French were not fighting thus it was farming. It was all streamed live

Also - please last time - stay on topic. You seem obsessed by undergunned french captains (who you even stressed in bold). Is it a story for @Pagan Pete corner?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

And?
You can come and stop it. Sink them during hostility, take the port. Or keep coming every week for pvp. 

And if your part of one of those nations and don't agree than sink the other nations ships.  The game is turning more to Clan based politics over national politics so you can actually have civil wards within Nations where one group doesn't agree with an Alliance.  Say clan A in Spain makes agreement with Pirates to flip a port.  Well Pirates come to grind than Spain clan B doesn't agree so they come to sink the Pirates ships.   Hell they might even get pirate clan F that hates Pirate clan E and they come to sink every one.....Pirate or Spanish.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And if your part of one of those nations and don't agree than sink the other nations ships.  The game is turning more to Clan based politics over national politics so you can actually have civil wards within Nations where one group doesn't agree with an Alliance.  Say clan A in Spain makes agreement with Pirates to flip a port.  Well Pirates come to grind than Spain clan B doesn't agree so they come to sink the Pirates ships.   Hell they might even get pirate clan F that hates Pirate clan E and they come to sink every one.....Pirate or Spanish.

[Sir Texas Sir]

Pure Gold...

Norfolk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain Lust said:

Kinda waiting eagerly for SORRY to be banned forever... :D Your game is awesome... would be even better without the filth...

How is this not a banable offence, this forum users over the top language is getting out if control.

(see what I did there)

On 2017-6-8 at 11:13 AM, admin said:

Exchanging land is allowed between nations. Its a sandbox and nations can do anything they want with their regions 

yes come and make a new pb in our region we have....

Fir  forest (very rare)

and hemp (extremely rare)

oak forest (best quality in the Carribean )

stone blocks (the best cut stones you can get)

and not to forget a lot of fish...

see you all.......(dont forget to bring your picle we have to fight on equal terms)

Edited by Thonys

On 6/8/2017 at 11:13 AM, admin said:

Exchanging land is allowed between nations. Its a sandbox and nations can do anything they want with their regions 

This being allowed by the dev's coupled with the Conquest Marks mechanic, i just a clear sign that this is so very very broken.

It allows nations to farm enormous amounts of Marks and just steamroll other nations.

and once they have the Marks, you're doomed.

It allows these nations to just grind others into a little nub, without much that we can do about it.

Fix this mess already.

Edited by Yngvarr

3 hours ago, Yngvarr said:

This being allowed by the dev's coupled with the Conquest Marks mechanic, i just a clear sign that this is so very very broken.

It allows nations to farm enormous amounts of Marks and just steamroll other nations.

If everyone is exchanging ports who is steamrolling who. I don't get it. Explain to me as if i am five. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, admin said:

If everyone is exchanging ports who is steamrolling who. I don't get it. Explain to me as if i am five. 

just a question :

after wipe there was a system that improved pvp and rvr in open world through the need of conquest mark received winning a port battle.

now there is a system that promote immobility and port flipping and infinite conquest mark generation without the need of even fighting the enemy.

WHY?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elite92 said:

just a question :

after wipe there was a system that improved pvp and rvr in open world through the need of conquest mark received winning a port battle.

now there is a system that promote immobility and port flipping and infinite conquest mark generation without the need of even fighting the enemy.

WHY?

Lets say port generates 2000 marks per 2 weeks
Lets say you flip it once a week - so you get 1000 and give away 1000 to someone else

First question
why would you do it? 

Second question
If you would do it why should we care? If you are interested in world peace ... why complain?

If you are not interested in the world peace - you have all the tools to change it. Just raise hostility and take the port and keep it and don't flip it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, admin said:

The Spanish, for example

If we would want to conquer the Cartagena De Indias region, the Spanish just show up in a full fleet of line ships, while we have difficulty of even filling a port battle with 4th rates.

Why do we have this difficulty, because the spanish have had crucial resources since day 1, and because they make agreements with other clans/ nations to trade regions, enabling them to get large amounts of Conquest Marks.

Anyway, this has been mentioned so many times on the forums, and every time we get the same answers.

So, it's quite obvious this won't be resolved because "it's allowed", even if a large portion of the players who don't agree with that.

And it seems our grievances with this system are not severe enough that it will be changed by the dev's.

Edited by Yngvarr
  • Like 1

Just now, admin said:

Lets say port generates 2000 marks per 2 weeks
Lets say you flip it once a week - so you get 1000 and give away 1000 to someone else

First question
why would you do it? 

Second question
If you would do it why should we care? If you are interested in world peace ... why complain?

If you are not interested in the world peace - you have all the tools to change it. Just raise hostility and take the port and keep it and don't flip it. 

i dont care about flipping, for it ask to LV.

i care about the game and the balance in the game that will make more ppl enjoying it and more ppl buy it u know. so if conquest marks were limited as before and not free for bigger clans like now all the game would be more balanced also for smaller clan or nations. first rates would be rare and u will make ppl happier. if  it was good why change it? and if it wasnt good pls tell me why?

u understand what it means that big clan can make infinite permit thx to this mechanics? would be better to make them fighting for it! pls think about it and save rvr...

• Like 2

Simply put, some of these mechanics were introduced to reduce the availability to get 1st rates.

To make it more difficult to get these kind of heavy ships.

Guess what, because of their backchannel diplomacy, and a messed up Conquest Marks system,  Spain has had 1st rates since week 2 after the wipe.

If it even took that long

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Yngvarr said:

The Spanish, for example

If we would want to conquer the Cartagena De Indias region, the Spanish just show up in a full fleet of line ships, while we have difficulty of even filling a port battle with 4th rates.

Why do we have this difficulty, because the spanish have had crucial resources since day 1, and because they make agreements with other clans/ nations to trade regions, enabling them to get large amounts of Conquest Marks.

Anyway, this has been mentioned so many times on the forums, and every time we get the same answers.

So, it's quite obvious this won't be resolved because "it's allowed", even if a large portion of the players who don't agree with that.

And it seems our grievances with this system are not severe enough that it will be changed by the dev's.

Spain got the advantage in the fight of Sant Iago. The English attacked with a fleet of 23 inde and 2 to mortar brig and we defended with an inferior fleet. We won the battle and were rewarded with CM (old system, without pensions) and with those CM we built a fleet with which we defended Cartagena from a Dutch attack.

The advantage we got was fighting, working hard and coordinated, it was not for exchanging ports. Try to do it yourself and you can fight, instead of constantly complaining.

15 hours ago, Yngvarr said:

Simply put, some of these mechanics were introduced to reduce the availability to get 1st rates.

Guess what, because of their backchannel diplomacy, and a messed up Conquest Marks system,  Spain has had 1st rates since week 2 after the wipe.

First rates from week one or two!!  Do you actually think about what your writing or does it actually just fall out onto the forums!!! 

Yes certain nations Currently have access to more resources than other (just like gb of old), BUT I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH! It still takes the same volume of resources and money for everyone to manufacture ships.

Some clans are building bigger ships faster than others but that's because they are pooling resources.

By your own very twisted logic. Gb by its sheer size and access to a wide range of resources and massive population. Should have had 100 first rates within 12 hrs of the wipe! But as it doesn't work like this, please stop beating your ridiculous drum!!

Edited by monk33y

17 hours ago, Yngvarr said:

no use complaining ...you wont be listened to ...get on with it ,,,

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:32 AM, admin said:

If french did not come (empty port battle) nothing would happen, surrendering port to the enemy is ok in the times of war sometimes.  But arranged farming of pvp marks is not allowed.
If you see players doing it report them. We will reset the bastards and if happens again ban them forever. 

'Tis the right of Pirates to be bastards and I takes the lynching of me crew, just or unjust, without asking quarter, mercy or showing me wet nurse tears.

'Tis my experience that them that looks for respect from their perch, rather than earns it, will easily pay slander but by time will earn only contempt. 

Buster (Spits in bucket)