Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.1 - Changes to conquest

admin

2 hours ago, fox2run said:

But Im also a solo player and dont like to sit in hours in front of a mic heering teen-talk. My kind of players are the MAJORITY in here - but you do nothing for us at all... Sry to say.

I have to agree with this- stop forcing us to play in groups- there should be room for solo players too. I still think 2 dura ships would help out- maybe only 4th rates and below?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sparkydog said:

I have to agree with this- stop forcing us to play in groups- there should be room for solo players too. I still think 2 dura ships would help out- maybe only 4th rates and below?

Becourse single players are not allowed to join port battles and do line-ship battles? Its such a crappy view IMHO.

Congratulations! this is the way u can ruin ur game again. Conquest marks for daily and port multiplier!!!! thats streghten the pros and make unplayable port battles for weak nations. Just see what u did. Spanish seems has the best (pro) player base. Now they get like 90-300 conquest mark a day while other nations 30-100. How do devs think this imbalance can be playable. nobody can beat spanish, and with every defensive and offensive battle they have they will have far more marks then otherz. How u cannot see this. Atm 6 things are in game what kills it fast: basic cutter swarm, new conquest system, OS repair system, combat mission ganks, slow low rank progress, not any nation balance, bad ship prices (should be far more expensive first and second rates.

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sparkydog said:

Why do you have to play in groups?  I been solo hunting off hours when most my clan members aren't on and I been getting tons of PvP and trade goods off lone players making runs.  You just have to go out there and then pick spots that aren't going to have heavy traffic where they will have back up. I also been getting a lot of solo play in the shallows of the Bahamas.  

44 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Becourse single players are not allowed to join port battles and do line-ship battles? Its such a crappy view IMHO.

RvR isn't meant for solo players.  Any games that have such you will see it's mainly Clan vs Clan base, though nothing stopping that solo player from getting a ton of agro and going to the port battle.  Yah if you show up in a crappy ship your prob going to get screamed at.  We all ways have about 5 slots open in our port battles that are filled mostly by clanless are small clan players.   Not every port battles has to be just about one clan.  Get a bunch of small clan members and solo together and flip your own port. If you get all the agro points than you will all get in before any large clan members.   Why should a solo player that did nothing reap the rewards that a large clan work did?  So you want in than get off your arse and do some agro to flip a port so you have your slot to fight in that Port Battle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparkydog said:

Dont know what is all fuss about not being able to solo. I solo everyday. There is nothing wrong with pvp mechanics m, ROE and no teleports etc. Your area of conflict is localized and you will get your fun in a specific area of players interest. Problem is.. there are no point of interest on the map. Devs need to work on regions and how they attract players.

One way is to create trade hubs that are linked and thay located near resourse reach areas. Players will natuarally gather around those hubs and their surroundings

Another is to create exploration areas that gives decent rewards, but also requires time and could be visited by others.

There is tons of content that needs to be added to localize conflicts. You will fight in one area of your choice for few days / weeks. Then relocate to another. Not instantly. But with some preparation. 

6 hours ago, admin said:

There are no patch notes if there is nothing significant.

Then please just give us that update, for example "Patch 10.1 bugfix 1: Stability update" or whatever. That way people don't need to guess. Can be good for us players to have an idea about if this "new" thing we experience (could be running into a pre-existing bug or something) has to do with the recent patch or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrZoidberg said:

Spanish seems has the best (pro) player base. Now they get like 90-300 conquest mark a day while other nations 30-100. How do devs think this imbalance can be playable. nobody can beat spanish, and with every defensive and offensive battle they have they will have far more marks then otherz. How u cannot see this

Maybe you're taking about Euro server when you say the Spanish have the best pro player base. There are very few Spanish on Global Server.

But irregardless, the map was "set" when the current conquest mark system was implemented. Players only get conquest marks for successful attacks or defenses after that date SO although Spain starts with a lot of regions, they will only earn CM pensions for those regions after they have successfully defended them. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Why do you have to play in groups?  I been solo hunting off hours when most my clan members aren't on and I been getting tons of PvP and trade goods off lone players making runs.  You just have to go out there and then pick spots that aren't going to have heavy traffic where they will have back up. I also been getting a lot of solo play in the shallows of the Bahamas.  

RvR isn't meant for solo players.  Any games that have such you will see it's mainly Clan vs Clan base, though nothing stopping that solo player from getting a ton of agro and going to the port battle.  Yah if you show up in a crappy ship your prob going to get screamed at.  We all ways have about 5 slots open in our port battles that are filled mostly by clanless are small clan players.   Not every port battles has to be just about one clan.  Get a bunch of small clan members and solo together and flip your own port. If you get all the agro points than you will all get in before any large clan members.   Why should a solo player that did nothing reap the rewards that a large clan work did?  So you want in than get off your arse and do some agro to flip a port so you have your slot to fight in that Port Battle.

RvR is not for solo-players. Well. Thats true. But that shouldnt mean that solo-players are limited from certain things in game. Its a wrong approach. RvR could be enhanced in other ways than limiting vital core mechanics for the majority of players. Once I had the oppportunity to get into a PB with a 3rd rate. It was cool and fun. I logged in, found myself a battle and fought it out. Easy, simple, fun. Now I have to be a memeber of a clan (a big one . not a small one with 15 members like the one I created). Also I need to spend many, many hours of doing things, I really dont like. 

And why? Simply becourse hard cores didnt want loose gamers to "spoil" their OW and PBs. 

The problem is that the lack of meaningful RvR is killing the rest of the game completely. The game is RvR-based only. And that is only for very, very hardcore RvR. A few guys.

You must do something about this. Please!

Make an OW that is fun for all and then do something extra for RvR but please do not make everything dependant on grinding and RvR as it is now. Its simply too much!

On 6.6.2017 at 6:27 PM, Jon Snow lets go said:

We need on of those regions between Sweden and France imo

Exactly that is what is needed.

a region valuable, providing 3 CM per day and player, so we can grind CMs in empty Portbattles.

In the end, we all sail bigger ships, but nobody wants to lose them.

Awesome mechanic.

I don’t post so often here, but maybe this time to give one 800 hours player opinion:

Progression:

I seems “normal” that you have to validate some skill in 7th rank ship to sail some 6th rank , some skill in 6th rank ship to sail some 5th rank , and so on… But I don’t understand why the type of 6th rank ship is imposed to me to validate the 5th. My proposition should be that, for validating one level of any rank, you must validate before this level in the previous rank. This preserves progression and gives more freedom to players to choose his favorite ship in each rank, with increasing difficulty with rank progress. Today, for instance, the Navy Brig is useless for progression. This is an excellent ship but the one I built 5 days ago for the French players (Caguairan/Sabicu - 70,000 gold), did not find user…

RvR:

I saw no fair and real Port-Battle video on YouTube since the wipe. All were either without opposition, or so unbalanced that the weaker side had to escape instead of fighting really. This seems to be a concern. The RvR does not work properly today. Is this temporary? Don’t know, but don’t work.

PvP:

Most of PvP I personally live were only ganks. The last balanced fight was an agreed fight between Sveno and I (Sveno wins), but this was an agreed fight, in the test-bed period. Maybe, rules of engagement could be modified, so that the stronger side of a battle can’t be reinforced, and so that a too much unbalanced fight (BR ratio bigger than “something”) cannot be set-up. Not so easy, because the BR of traders is very low and you have to be able to attack a trader brig with a Surprise. But why allowing five Surprises vs a single trader?

PvE:

Grinding is boring most of players…

I do not like the PvE, PvP, and Battle mark system, but this is only one opinion.

Today, this system is only made to be exploited by (some) players.

Trading:

The new system is difficult, but a strong guild, such as the one I personally belong to in French nation, can match its gold objectives. Just match, no more. A single player can’t.

Mine/  forest exploitation is very expensive. This makes me crazy every evening, but this seems to work… LOL.

WTH (for “Where’s The Fun?”, obviously)

This is a game , not a full time job.

Guilds are obliged to fix and survey players personal objectives, crafting quantities, gold revenues and so on…

Please dear devs (I know your job is not easy), think about players that have only one hour per day for enjoying Naval Action…

Faithfully yours. ;-)

• Like 2

Prince de Neufchatel privateer was chased by seventeen enemies in one of her cruises. The day she was took was faced against heavy frigates and a 74. If Villeneuve had linked with the Martinique station fleet Nelson might have been in a tight spot... maybe. Alas it didn't and we have Trafalgar dreams of balance...

There is no balance in the age of sail. Just chance encounter and planned battles hoping for the best and Pray that when you have to make a decision the wind is with you.

Can we simulate the unkown process of war in the high seas during the age of sail, please ? Thanks.

This is what stinks that I paid for a game that has been developed for someone else not for me and others like me. At least a thousand of us players have been left out by the new developments that came with this wipe. It's more than unfair!

This game is nothing like the game I bought and enjoyed a couple of years ago. It has lost all colour and enjoyment. Really a zero.

How many people like the game as it is? I doubt more than a hundred. A few hundred more put up with it because they have the time to spend on it and put up with the useless grind. Totally unfair and unethical to take the money and do as you please.

Edited by Lannes

Wanna balance and equal chance to win with your fancy ship? Go World of Warships, don´t bother with Naval Action. MMO that wants to recreate authentic age of sail world cannot push for balance fights themselves.

I would go in PvP in NA only if the chances to win are equal or bigger to chances to loose. Loosing ship now is very costly and reward of winning random PvP is very low. IMHO devs can tweek the game only indirectly by availability of resources.

On 20/06/2017 at 11:07 AM, Armored_Sheep said:

Wanna balance and equal chance to win with your fancy ship? Go World of Warships, don´t bother with Naval Action. MMO that wants to recreate authentic age of sail world cannot push for balance fights themselves.

I would go in PvP in NA only if the chances to win are equal or bigger to chances to loose. Loosing ship now is very costly and reward of winning random PvP is very low. IMHO devs can tweek the game only indirectly by availability of resources.

I am infact playing WoW and enjoying it very much. I might not play NA until big changes occur to take it back to what it was, or the game is finally completed.

(Just a note: lose means losing; loose means unravelled.)

• Like 1