Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 2 for patch 10.00

admin

Captains

• Trading resources weight increased to provide the opportunity for more players to trade. Current supply of trading resources across caribbean remained the same - average profit remained the same. Only weight changed. Traders won't be able to clear out the whole port alone as before. Giving others the chance to buy the resources.
  • Protractor tool added to map in the open world
  • Tow to port TEMPORARILY changed. Due to teleport bug (that we are still fixing) that can send you across the map (sometimes to the pacific) we have changed it back to capital (increasing cool down to 6 hours). Otherwise player were stuck on the other side of the globe sometimes without the option to return
  • Cannon weights fixed
  • Morgan bluff can now produce coal and iron again
  • PvE server received even more NEUTRAL counties with coal - where all nations can build factories and fast travel to. 

• Like 29

1 minute ago, Borch said:

We are not able to capture AI ships to haul the loot to port. In case of AI traders wont that cause people being constantly unable to load the loot on their small ships?

this will be tuned, current workaround is to hunt traders in a boarding fitted trader brig/snow or in LGV
we are also considering allowing to install cannons on trading ships to act as bait

• Like 5

@admin sorry for asking here but if i understands this correctly

Victorious port battle defenders now properly receive conquest marks. To receive conquest marks you have to damage any enemy ship (any ship even one ship) above a certain threshold. Empty port battles will not give conquest marks. Conquest mark distribution. 3 for lineship ports, 2 for frigate ports, 1 for shallow ports

if my nation is attacking empty pb we still take port if we win but dont get any marks right?
Or is attacking and killing forts/towers same as killing enemy ship?

Thanks in advance for your kinds answer :)

5 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

How do you capture ship after battle or take charge of , I have lost more ship and cargo after battle the I'd like to say not seen any prompt or widow open after boarding battle but exit battle??

PvP servers you cannot capture NPC ships (unless in a player fleet).

To capture (where you are able) and take cargo, you now need to be close to the  ship, be less than 2.5 knots (which you will be after boarding of course, but can be a problem if you didn't board), look at it and press x.

You can claim cargo for a short time (too short, imo) after the ship is killed.

1 minute ago, admin said:

this will be tuned, current workaround is to hunt traders in a boarding fitted trader brig/snow or in LGV
we are also considering allowing to install cannons on trading ships to act as bait

I can see LGV cause I used one as a trade hunter, but that a little hard as majority can't make ships yet.  You can't really trader hunt in the snow or brig cause of there guns.  Snow maybe kinda, but it will take for ever, done it before though took a Trader Brig with a Trader Snow, but most likely it will escape before you ever got it slowed enough to do such.

Now the bait thing I would love to see.  *HINT HINT PIRATES*  Where it says I'm in a trader snow in OW but when I tag you or you tag me than it changes to the proper ship in battle.

4 minutes ago, Leku said:

@admin sorry for asking here but if i understands this correctly

if my nation is attacking empty pb we still take port if we win but dont get any marks right?
Or is attacking and killing forts/towers same as killing enemy ship?

Thanks in advance for your kinds answer :)

ask everyone to shoot forts. to get rewards you must do some damage to enemies (i think forts are included)

Tutorial on how to loot NPC ships

Once NPC structure (middle bar) is down (it is sinking now), slowly start following it. Drop speed to Battle (B) and hit T , once close enough go to Dead Slow with T enabled. Once you see Battle Over message stop your ship next to recently killed NPC and use your camera to search for X. Hit X, then drag and drop everything from NPC hold to yours. You must be quick.

When boarding 

Repeat same procedure, but make sure to check 'sink ship' after you transferred all goods. It will get you the kill and xp.

P.S. Maintain speed over 4-5 knots and don't get boarded. 

Enjoy. 

Edited by Ned Low
  • Like 1

@admin

We have portbattles today, we are a little bit worried about that bug that crashed the PB when you destroy forts with mortar brigs.

Has that been fixed? If not or unsure we will refrain from attiaching the tower and miss the only conquest marks we could do....

3 minutes ago, admin said:

ask everyone to shoot forts. to get rewards you must do some damage to enemies (i think forts are included)

Thanks for your fast answer.

I`ll post results after todays port battles or sveno/redii will do it faster, as i`ll propably will not get inside to check it by myself.

4 minutes ago, sveno said:

@admin

We have portbattles today, we are a little bit worried about that bug that crashed the PB when you destroy forts with mortar brigs.

Has that been fixed? If not or unsure we will refrain from attiaching the tower and miss the only conquest marks we could do....

we fixed it - hopefully completely. 

I don't know why I bothered to come back to try this game. Do the developers actually appreciate the amount of time we devote to working out how things work by trial and error only to have the details arbitrarily changed. Hundreds of hours of my time spent creating spread sheets for trading and calculating ship loading are now useless due to changes in ship capacity and weights of goods. All that effort of mine wasted. I think this just shows the comtempt the developers have for the players. They just don't care about wasting our time and effort. This game is no longer uplifting, it has become soul destroying because of the stupid arbitrary changes made by the devs that simply wipe out hundreds of hours of effort by the players. I really really hate what this game has become now and the stupid grind that devs have imposed on us and the fact that whenever we work out some little part of the game, they change it and make that hard won knowledge useless. Stick your game.

Edited by Wynkyn de Worde
Spelling mistake.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wynkyn de Worde said:

I don't know why I bothered to come back to try this game. Do the developers actually appreciate the amount of time we devote to working out how things work by trial and error only to have the details arbitrarily changed. Hundreds of hours of my time spent creating spread sheets for trading and calculating ship loading are now useless due to changes in ship capacity and weights of goods. All that effort of mine wasted. I think this just shows the comtempt the developers have for the players. They just don't care about wasting our time and effort. This game is no longer uplifting, it has become soul destroying because of the stupid arbitrary changes made by the devs that simply wipe out hundreds of hours of effort by the players. I really really hate what this game has become now and the stupid grind that devs have imposed on us and the fact that whenever we work out some little part of the game, they change it and make that hard won knowlegde useless. Stick your game.

That is why you only create those after game is released and not during development. 

• Like 1