Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 8 for the testbed patch 9.99

admin

1 hour ago, Farrago said:

Umm. We're actually in total agreement. One level lower is fine. I just don't think we need to worry about some player spending 2-3 hours fighting below their weight class. Their "gain" doesn't hurt the game. 

On the testbed server right now, the XP and marks you get from a battle seem to be weighted based on the BR of the ship you are sailing - so fighting an equal BR match you get more rewards than if you had done it in a bigger ship.

If it really turns out to be a problem, the devs seem to have a good fix available by just tweaking the rewards formula.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jarlath Morrow said:

If it really turns out to be a problem, the devs seem to have a good fix available by just tweaking the rewards formula.

Im hoping this statement stays true on a lot of aspects. They (the Devs) seem to have gone to the extreme to slow everything. If it proves unfun, hopefully they will listen and loosen the grip a bit. 

3 hours ago, Farrago said:

Umm. We're actually in total agreement. One level lower is fine. I just don't think we need to worry about some player spending 2-3 hours fighting below their weight class. Their "gain" doesn't hurt the game. 

Yah that is why I stated one tier level off.  I do a lot of testing with the fleet missions cause it's a pain to find a OW ships they rank you want to test your ship on.   So I take a mission.  Since the Fleet missions give you no AI support your going to want one a level or two lower.   Even than it might be harder than Live cause you have no AI support at all.  It's not that they can kill you out right, it's when they out number you.  One of the ships i lost on test was a missoin 1-2 level below, but it was 7 5/6th rates vs my 5th rate.  I got 4 of them, but I was just out gun and running out of reparis and got cocky on the 5th one that was sinking when I took on water and went under.

But I did push myself in that fight cause I wanted to see how hard it was to bounce back since I just spent most my gold doing econ.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I got 4 of them, but I was just out gun and running out of reparis and got cocky on the 5th one that was sinking when I took on water and went under

Seems like that's what happens to me when an AI gets me. That last little cocky thought and wrong decision to turn back and finish him off.

Exact thing happened to me the other day. I was taking the Surprise out for a spin for the first time on the testbed, and the fleet of brigs damn near sank me. =)

2 hours ago, Farrago said:

Im hoping this statement stays true on a lot of aspects. They (the Devs) seem to have gone to the extreme to slow everything. If it proves unfun, hopefully they will listen and loosen the grip a bit. 

I'm also a little worried about the game getting too slow.

Even if it is the right decision to slow a game down, it's hard to see it as a move forward - simply because we're used to games getting faster and/or more complex over time, rather than the other way around.

I have a friend who used to play Naval Action. Suppose he asks me how the game has changed - what should I tell him? "Slower" doesn't have a great ring to it.

That said, I support a lot of the economy changes. I really hope it leads to what we need to have a fun sandbox with a vibrant community.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Willis PVP2 said:

Ah, but thats the thing, I think devs are wanting to promote players getting skilled in one ship before they move up to another ship.

Point is that a lot of people (including me) supposed that NA was created - as any other videogame - to be a form of entertainment for customers that had - let's say - a couple of hours each day to dedicate thereto, not to become a full time work or, worse, an online educational course to get a degree in gaming skill!

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

I think labor hours should be scrapped in favor of a flat rate gold charge for labor or at least this be a alternative to compliment your own earned labor hours. Like building a shipyard is not cheap but you hardly have a shipyard and no one working there? :)

right now LH is very restrictive of building well.. alot of things. just harvesting your buildings can nearly wipe your daily limit and then what do you do? sit around or log off. if we could atleast then continue to craft by paying a charge for "hired" labor things would not be so bad. also this would be a huge gold sink

3 hours ago, admin said:

suprise does not require furnishing as it is a simple ship with almost no decorations

Well, fair enough, but the Mercury comes fully furnished, and so does the Rattlesnake on Live.

9 minutes ago, katerholzig said:

u should bring higher solo missions back

Can you please bring a friend or ask in chat to group with someone who does fleet missions too? I am sure there are lot of people who has similar problem. Even WOW does not allow you to solo group raids.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rediii said:

I see a problem with the cargo-delete mechanic. Right now you can delete 1 stack instantly and then have to wait 20 seconds for the next.

Most traders will have exactly 1 type of item in the cargo. So they can still insta-delete it

Maybe instead of deleting the cargo is spawns in floating crates while the trader is being chased so the attacker has a choice of lose the trader and pick up the crate, however the trade could have a skill for fake crates they still lose cargo as a punishment for using the skill but the attack gets say a bunch of fish not gold.

Gold i know would sink anyways but that could open up dive bells and so on..

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

atm there are no floating objects in OW. I think it's necessary to develop this but atm it would be a completly new feature so no idea about the work needed to realize this

Could just be like a ship or wreck, but a crate icon the other ship loots it like a wreck. And loots can be free for all.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, admin said:

Can you please bring a friend or ask in chat to group with someone who does fleet missions too? I am sure there are lot of people who has similar problem. Even WOW does not allow you to solo group raids.

i asked for solo missions but thanks that u r so kind

12 minutes ago, katerholzig said:

why don't you use open world bots for that? Bot distribution is pretty diverse + hunting feeling

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, admin said:

why don't you use open world bots for that? Bot distribution is pretty diverse + hunting feeling

But but that's more than pushing a button :(

OW hunting contains:

- making a plan

- picking a ship

- some player may get a thrill of hunting at least the one that use their fantasy.

- searching and sailing

- more sailing

- fighting

While missions are like:

- pushing a button (Picking a ship and making a plan is determined by mission parameters)

- sailing to destination

- Fighting

You see less mind work fast reach of goals easy mode that's why people prefer missions over OW hunting.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

But but that's more than pushing a button :(

OW hunting contains:

- making a plan

- picking a ship

- some player may get a thrill of hunting at least the one that use their fantasy.

- searching and sailing

- more sailing

- fighting

While missions are like:

- pushing a button (Picking a ship and making a plan is determined by mission parameters)

- sailing to destination

- Fighting

You see less mind work fast reach of goals easy mode that's why people prefer missions over OW hunting.

In fact you must have "luck" while "searching and sailing". Beeing in a spot 20 secs before or after usually makes the difference between hunting success, failure or even beeing yourself hunted instead.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Suricato Rojo said:

In fact you must have "luck" while "searching and sailing". Beeing in a spot 20 secs before or after usually makes the difference between hunting success, failure or even beeing yourself hunted instead.

Indeed it does. But you know, there's some tricks from air combat sims ( and even ground milsims )  that work perfectly in NA both in the OW and in combat instance.

Taking time to learn routes and habits of the enemy pays off in the long run more than roving just for the sake of picking a fight.

Ah well, prophead :)

Staggered spread at long visual to cover the most. Half way to spot a large swathe in sea and definitely a good setup for a wind bracket on the tag.

And yes I agree with you in the identification of ships. Generic at long, full details at tag range.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, katerholzig said:

Also.

Remember that we promised more PVE content in form of better events (raiding, intercepting, running away, stealing) and we will deliver. We just want to push players now to try more varied PVE in the open world, where you select your target and travel seeing the world. 

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Also.

Remember that we promised more PVE content in form of better events (raiding, intercepting, running away, stealing) and we will deliver. We just want to push players now to try more varied PVE in the open world, where you select your target and travel seeing the world. 

Final step and that would fit so well to the recent changes. Would be to dump all missions. 

As long there are mission people are going to pick missions over OW pve 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, admin said:

Also.

yeah well didnt thought about ow fleets

i just dont understand why solo missions is only avaible for the first 4 ranks

but pve with fleets its even better now because of hostility

so just scratch my first post

• Like 1