Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2 US] Political Situation's and Port Battles reports

Sir Texas Sir

4 hours ago, ElricTheTwo said:

One update to the battle.  There were 4 GB players sitting outside the port who did not join.  Shame on them - it was have made the battle nearly equal.

We been noticing that a lot even before they just stopped showing.  There would be several others that could join we know was there just popping in and out.   Looks like a good turn out, I wasn't expecting that many Danes showing up that far south.  I almost showed with mine cause of that, but I needed a good night/morning sleep for once.  I didn't even stay up past server maintenance last night like i normally do.  Well lets hope we get a decent turn out at Pitt's tonight. It's 4th rates and we are welcoming any of the small clans to come have fun.  If the numbers are way off and we are going to win it any way I'm sure we could arrange some equal fights in one of the cap circles so it's not just a curb stomp slaughter.   So if any one is wanting the fights show up on the GB/Dutch/US to have some fun.   Even if the big clans are telling you not to show. 

Bottom line, don't let anyone tell you that you can't fight if you're in GB, Dutch, or US.  You deserve to PvP if you want to.   If the big clans choose not to fight, it's on them.  If you don't have the numbers and sink in battle against us, your not only going to gain our respect but we may see that your ship is replaced.

• Like 3

To all players from US, Great Britain or Dutch: If you want to participate in port battles, if you want to fight other players, IGNORE all the more "influential" players or clans. They have nothing on you. you paid 40 bucks just like they did. Do whatever you want!!!

Last time I checked there were no kings or even mechanics for leadership so ignore those said "influential" players or clans.

• Like 3

The most frustrating PB I'm been in for months.  The ping was awful.  We had one player disconnect, my computer froze just after boarding started - not good.  It's frustrating to see 350 of 500 crew are gone before you can do anything....  grrr..  200-2,000 ping.  the game stuttered and spluttered.

696DC1E44724E13DC99B8BE7A587977B2C6E0B0A

Pitt's 4th Rate Port Battle:  ZERO BRTIS, but 7 US did show vs 21 Pirates.

We capped both B&C while the US took control of A at start.  We had a few guys showing up late and was going to do some 1 vs 1 cause it was only 2 US players in the start.  When more showed up we moved our B circle forward and had a little fun brawl.  We almost had Lionshaft...I think there was a little bit of a gang bang going on him and he laughed about it.  Maybe the next one we can get a few more US to show up.  We pretty much gave up on seeing any Brits or Dutchs.  They would prefer to go pick on small empty ports battles instead of fighting it seems.  We figure most of them would go to Cayes and not show up for Pitts.

Port-au-Prince 4th Rate Port Battle:  Zero Danes vs 19 Pirates

This was a swap of regions through our alliance with the Danes.  We asked for it to help get our stable zone around Mort.   We did get a little fight right out side with some of the DD guys from US.  I give the guys credit as they came out number. I forgot to screen shot that but it was a good 2 or 3 vs 1 match up.   Yustapir, SKyHG and the third guy thanks for showing and PvPing with us.  Sorry about the slight communication issue about your computer issues.  Yustapir remember to buy some batteries for that mouse.

• Like 1

@Sir Texas Sir Im beginning to like these DD guys :)

We should find out who the leader is and ask if they need anything to help their newbs. And offer if they want to have some organised fights with us? Maybe we could come and flip a port of their choice, so we have full numbers on both sides? Just for the sake of fighting. They can take it back afterwards

Edited by koltes
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, koltes said:

We should find out who the leader is and ask if they need anything to help their newbs. And offer if they want to have some organised fights with us? 

Im fine with mending relationships with what was opposing factions. But do not set up pvp. This is an MMO sandbox. Hit people in open world. Dont sit in commonly used ports. Actually go hunting into their waters and their trade routes. Help develop their open world skills and not just Port battling tactics which is something a clan should develop in house. If you want awards you would get from port battles go do pvp events. I know for a fact the shallows are always open. Setting things up in a perfect back and forth scenario is nothing but reinforcing carebear tendencies in certain individuals. Help improve the pvp on the server rather than confine it. Make guidelines or codes if you must. 

1 hour ago, koltes said:

We should find out who the leader is and ask if they need anything to help their newbs. And offer if they want to have some organised fights with us? Maybe we could come and flip a port of their choice, so we have full numbers on both sides? Just for the sake of fighting. They can take it back afterwards

Wow, I might have to wipe away a tear or two here.  So touching.

I think what's really happening here is you guys are proselytizing by pretending to be friendly.  That's how it all starts.  Next thing you know the forum is lit up with who converted to who for what reason.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jean Ribault said:

I think what's really happening here is you guys are proselytizing by pretending to be friendly.  That's how it all starts.  Next thing you know the forum is lit up with who converted to who for what reason.

The ol' "we give you something, now you owe us" jargon? :P

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

There we come again. No matter have we good intentions or bad intention it all treated the same. If you tell a person his is a fool over and over again he becomes a fool. Are you 100% sure you are not the cause of this?

59 minutes ago, koltes said:

Richbeard is there leader. I haven't talked to him, but I been keeping an open window with a few of there other members.    The last two fights we PB's we had they had some guys show up (to brits and dane ports) and we sent a small fleet to fight them and not every one.  We will continue to encourage them to go against the old fart carebear guys that don't want fights.   This is how there clans will grow and get better.  I'm glad they have finally venture out of the shallows.  They where just coming to life when I was still US and have pretty much been a shallow water clan cause of there lower rank memembers, but they are getting up there in level with these OW fights.  They where the guys that fought us along the coast of US during that operation.  Give them big props for coming out many times way out number or under gunned.  Than again that is how you get to be a better player.

14 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Im fine with mending relationships with what was opposing factions. But do not set up pvp. This is an MMO sandbox. Hit people in open world. Dont sit in commonly used ports. Actually go hunting into their waters and their trade routes. Help develop their open world skills and not just Port battling tactics which is something a clan should develop in house. If you want awards you would get from port battles go do pvp events. I know for a fact the shallows are always open. Setting things up in a perfect back and forth scenario is nothing but reinforcing carebear tendencies in certain individuals. Help improve the pvp on the server rather than confine it. Make guidelines or codes if you must. 

You mean like Brits and DUTCH wanted to do with Windward until we took it and they flipped out.  We only took it so we could give it to France.  Dutch wanted it to suppose do PB back and forth with the brits.  Though I think half that is BS cause they have never broke that alliance other than the cool down week.  To be honest I don't expect them to.  Brit/Dutch alliance would be good.  US should pick up Spain.  That would make a great three way alliance with Pirates in the middle.  If every one has the min of 5 regions that is only 40 of the 71 regions on the server.  Leaving 31 regions to fight over, so why can't we pick a none important regions and fight over it?   That stimulates PvP and fights.   Remember many of these guys are left out side screening for the 4th and line ship battles so they don't get to enjoy the port battles cause the older guys won't let them in without giving them the third degree.   So nothing wrong with setting up a few arranged fights.  Unlike some folks we are trying to get this server to grow.  DD has been the ones pushing to give Spain regions of the US.  So they are helping out a small nation.   We even offered to capture regions and let them take them if they wish, but they don't want to be spread to thin.  Look how long it too them to grind up one region with the small number of under a dozen players.  They can't get to spread out or the rogue clans of US not on board (every nation including pirates has one or two of those clans).   And no one is saying perfect match ups.  All we are saying is hay does any one even use Santa Fe (south Cuba shallow that was Pirate at start)?   Ok lets flip that and you bring your guys and we bring ours and fight.  Who ever wins wins.  Than the other flips it back over next week and we do another fight.  It's not a regions that has a regional crafting bonus and I think it's just basic mats you can get there so it can be a buffer/DMZ region between two nations to just fight over.  This stimulates game play for player sand give them something to do other than sit in a port and count there gold coins and mats....this game needs things for folks to do instead of being bored.  Up there for a while there was zero port battles on all sides until the Danes got woken up (the sleeping dragon) and the Pirates started to get numbers back.  When was the last time you seen 200 players   We seen that twice in the last few weeks.  The last time we had numbers that high was the silly treasure fleet events when they first came out the first two had over 200 players on.   So something must be going on that is right if our numbers are up.  Though as soon as folks stopped showing up and fighting the numbers started to dip back down.  So guess who's not showing up and causing the numbers to go down.  Cause it's not our numbers that are going down?  It's the other side cause folks got on cause there was something to do.   This works for all sides.  If you stop doing stuff they stop showing up and logging out.  Which means this whole ignoring us is only hurting the Nationals cause we are still getting tons of OW PvP right now.

We have even started to talk about doing some arranged Small Battles on nights that no Port battles are arranged to get more folks out and playing.   I been planing the small ship one for ever and just need to pick a day and weekend and do it.  Notice who's doing this stuff?  It's the Pirate players trying to get the server growth up.  Look at Joba's March Madness post.  We all ready have folks donating rewards from other nations.  Though most of them are donated by BLACK Clan members as we are coming up with player content to give folks something to do.  Please pass this on to your guys and encourage them to get involved.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

With all due respect... This conversation was mentioned Texas asking HIS opinion addressing US new clan guys, not Dutch or old US clans.
We know for a fact there will be no way to agree to anything sensible with you people. Like @Jean Ribault just said. Any our intentions will be considered as bad ones and turned and used against us. So just relax and step aside. We dont offer YOU anything.

Edited by koltes

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You mean like Brits and DUTCH wanted to do with Windward until we took it and they flipped out.  We only took it so we could give it to France.  Dutch wanted it to suppose do PB back and forth with the brits.

Issue was with that was we dropped that idea after we talked with you. Rather than bother people not France we were going ahead to give it off to the French. Before anything could be finalized, Pirates.

The idea for flipping ports is nice and all cuddles but does not help the server being pvp. 

I will also not step aside. This is a public forum not just a pirate forum. 

23 minutes ago, koltes said:

There we come again. No matter have we good intentions or bad intention it all treated the same. If you tell a person his is a fool over and over again he becomes a fool. Are you 100% sure you are not the cause of this?

No.  I am not 100% sure I am not the cause of this.  That's too many negatives to absorb, and I shouldn't drink so much at work.

Your intentions might be great, I can't really say, but all intentions must be treated with skepticism.  Especially since your own intentions might be overruled or ignored by others in your faction or even clan.  That is the nature of MMOG where very few people know anyone else and we are all in a fake world with phony politics, all vying for the trump card.  But you're no fool I'm sure.  Here, check out this shiny necklace in my right hand and pay no attention to the pistol in my left, uh-huh, harmless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jean Ribault said:

Wow mate I've given away 8 first rates in a week since coming back after 4 months  not playing to help new people who came to the server and asked for nothing in return. Some where nationals too who asked as I put it in global. 

i think it's more like you guys are jealous that Pirates are trying to help this server yet wish the nationals did it first. It's no competition but a team effort. We invited everyone to participate.

Do I have to remind you how Pirates gave French and Dutch ports and took ports off US for Spain again. Tell me something good the nationals have done on this server for server health. Enlighten me. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Loco Bandito said:

...Tell me something good the nationals have done on this server for server health. Enlighten me. 

Beware, another meme is coming

Edited by koltes

6 minutes ago, koltes said:

Beware, another meme is coming

ye of little faith

10 minutes ago, Loco Bandito said:

Tell me something good the nationals have done on this server for server health. Enlighten me. 

If given the time from external forces my clan along with the coordinated effort of a few others would have ended the triple alliance and allied attempted to set up alliances with smaller factions to help them grow. Also attempted to set up meetings first between national factions and later planning to set up meetings with all factions to help better the community. Still on the board if anyone wants to although as of right now tensions are a bit too hot. 

PS. Whoever created the Apple standard mouse should be dragged out into the street and shot. This thing is awful.

Edited by Davos Seasworth
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

ye of little faith

If given the time from external forces my clan along with the coordinated effort of a few others would have ended the triple alliance and allied attempted to set up alliances with smaller factions to help them grow. Also attempted to set up meetings first between national factions and later planning to set up meetings with all factions to help better the community. Still on the board if anyone wants to although as of right now tensions are a bit too hot. 

I applaud you for trying to organize a meeting I remember the meeting last year of the small nations and I think it was Harley or something like that who organized it and received a lot of flak especially from the US who had over 140 ports and wouldn't spare 5 for Spain lol.

But I will say giving Spain some ports bought back a clan to the game so in turn it worked we got some player pop back.

I don't care what nation your on but anything to suppport more players on this server I will help.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Loco Bandito said:

I don't care what nation your on but anything to suppport more players on this server I will help.

Same here. Have ideas that beneficial to the server? We are open for discussion