Game-Labs Forum

the death of port battles

balz

2 hours ago, Bearwall said:

In a fictional world with fictional factions that might have been possible.. In a world tied to real nations, real geography, real history - it's just another moronic statement.

And that right there is why you can't get any help.  You know keep believing that mister.  What nation are you again?  Cause I will make sure to let the rest of PvP2 know to /NOT/ help yours out.

2 hours ago, Lord Vicious said:

I heard from pvp2guys that they received this offer:

how many accepted so far?

b9ba8ebee5.jpg

LOL that might of worked if the French hadn't beat them to it.  We have been getting a few them to help us in Port Battles the last few weeks in our SEA/US time battles so we figure on slow nights we can come over and help them in US Prime time port battles.   I figure it's like I'm still really just a Privateer so I'm not loosing my Pirate roots.  Just working for free ships and money is all until something better comes along.

2 hours ago, Lord Vicious said:

How about, nothing of this? no deals with exploiters and  ppl wich words value 0.

I think our coalition will be busy testing the pb timezones #earlyaccess 

you now we wanna improve the game and like the danes  needed to "test" warsupply bomb over and over, i think it  will take us a bit of time "experimenting and testing" the timezones in the pb enviroment.  you now we working hard but we do also for you, for improving the game, exactly like you teach us  when you "tested" firstrates in 4th rate battles and it got fixed

the game needs testing properly ...one nation needs to be knocked down to regional capital ..to see what happens if their capital is taken ....seems the way to do it is for the US to hammer the danes in the US primetime ...lets not skimp we need to test properly

9 hours ago, Guillaume Longueheuse said:

After a fair fight in Caracas between the two alliance, at normal hour...

La Vega / Puerto Plata 
Danmark - USA 
28/01/2017 02H06

Ponce / Ponce 
Danmark - Verenigde 
28/01/2017 23H58

Orinoco / Santo Tomé de Guayana 
Sverige - Great Britain 
29/01/2017 00H01

Trinidad / Puerto de Espana
France - Great Britain 
29/01/2017 01H25

Margarita / Pampatar 
Danmark - Verenigde 
29/01/2017 02H02

Feel a bit disgust... You demonstrate in the past your capability to win whithout using some tricky hour like that. So what? Empty pb and easy battle, its your way to the victory?

Really, I don't understand. Its an ego problem? A manner to have some sad advantage in the diplomatic meeting?

The reason for this is that we wanted PB's at the weekend, lots of players were of course at Caracas so it took longer than expected to wind up the ports, one of them had some anti-hostility going, the intent was for them all to be ~1hour earlier, but if you get to 80% you gotta top it off, we did in fact leave one that was gunna be daft late (we left it at 90%+ btw).

Oh and all this 'people leaving the game' the number of people at peak and on average has gone up almost 10% in the last month. Now, this is a far cry and no recovery from the drops last Easter and in October, but still, up is better than down :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeheil said:

The reason for this is that we wanted PB's at the weekend, lots of players were of course at Caracas so it took longer than expected to wind up the ports, one of them had some anti-hostility going, the intent was for them all to be ~1hour earlier, but if you get to 80% you gotta top it off, we did in fact leave one that was gunna be daft late (we left it at 90%+ btw).

Oh and all this 'people leaving the game' the number of people at peak and on average has gone up almost 10% in the last month. Now, this is a far cry and no recovery from the drops last Easter and in October, but still, up is better than down :)

This week it went down quite a bit. And I expect it will go down more ere this situation is over.

Just now, Kloothommel said:

This week it went down quite a bit. And I expect it will go down more ere this situation is over.

At one point it jumped up by 20+ captains instnatly...oh wait that was someone testing you could still login and insta attack a port.

We have hit medium often this week, that didn't happen at all a month ago.

As Anolytic said, the 'russian' Danes mostly stopped a while ago, so their is no Ruski exodus in this weeks numbers.

It would help if you looked for solutions (Tommy Shelby pretty much called it, find a deal in game or wait for the game) rather than sow salt. Anyway, the game is definately struggling for numbers, the Dev's are on a longer timer than us, 6 months of plans at least pre-release, they just need enough of us to test.

FOR A SOLUTION I WOULD LIKE NA TO GIVE AWAY 30 DAYS FREE ACCESS IN A HUMBLE BUNDLE TO PULL FOLKS IN. However this may not be in the Dev's marketing strategy for reason I am blissfully ignorant of. (note I suggested this to the dev's twice over 9 months ago in fourms and mail to mods).

Wow peoples behavior is just embarrassing. Where is all this hatred coming from? Are you guys (boys) for real? I am seriously chocked about the comments all over this forum these days. It is just unbelievable to me that a game can make you feel this way to fellow gamers.

I will anytime admit that some of the stuff that my side (Danmark-Norge) pulled off earlier wasn’t very nice or fair to the US and indeed didn't do anything good for this game and the player base. Maybe what's going on now, is what we needed to come to that conclusion and in that perspective all this make sense. I can easily accept than some retaliation is very tempting (and to some extend okay) when someone has been bullying you. But we have already admitted that we will not be able to defend our ports during the night – and that you can take them all without us being able to do anything about it. We have learned the lesson!

What I find ironic is that the US are accusing us for doing the same to them earlier. Then they should be the first to acknowledge how much night-flips destroys the game for the victims – even more when not even your allies can help defending. When we did it we apparently became scum of the earth. Why does this only apply to the Danes?

We all surely share the same interest; to make this game as good as possible and make it fun to play. We need each other for this. How fun is a PvP/RvR game without opponents? I cannot understand how some very childish hatred is so much more important

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

the game needs testing properly ...one nation needs to be knocked down to regional capital ..to see what happens if their capital is taken ....seems the way to do it is for the US to hammer the danes in the US primetime ...lets not skimp we need to test properly

FInallly we agree on something

we need to test properly what happens if a nation get reduced to 1 region only, i remember myself doing it to usa of course for "testing" (twice since first time results not where definitive)  purpose but was in a different port system, so imho we need fresh data and who better then usa? who tasted it at their expense and now can finally enjoy the ehm "testing" from the  other side.

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And that right there is why you can't get any help.  You know keep believing that mister.  What nation are you again?  Cause I will make sure to let the rest of PvP2 know to /NOT/ help yours out.

Hey why not bet?
1. He`s dane.

2. He`s dane.

3. He`s dane.

Which one you choose?
And you wonder why they have problems with recruiting people?

19 hours ago, Surathani said:

Bugged, then rather than sailing out, Lenin stayed to exploit. I am sure DAS has some solid records on this. That bug turned into an exploit.

19 hours ago, Christendom said:

I was in the battle.  He put sails down and charged the enemy along with the rest of the Danes.  I believe 1 or 2 ships did not make it out, he fully intended to fight the battle.  There are bugs and then exploits.  When you find a bug and take advantage of it....it becomes an exploit.  he took advantage of it and then the Danes laughed in our faces as we retreated.  

Thats not true. You were leaving already.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lord Vicious said:

FInallly we agree on something

we need to test properly what happens if a nation get reduced to 1 region only, i remember myself doing it to usa of course for "testing" (twice since first time results not where definitive)  purpose but was in a different port system, so imho we need fresh data and who better then usa? who tasted it at their expense and now can finally enjoy the ehm "testing" from the  other side.

So what are you actually testing? How to take regions which are not defended? In the middle of the night?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leku said:

Hey why not bet?
1. He`s dane.

2. He`s dane.

3. He`s dane.

Which one you choose?
And you wonder why they have problems with recruiting people?

Because you keep opening your mouth and spreading vitriolic lies about us all the time?

on-nom-nom-house-popcorn-this-is-gonna-b

Edited by Kloothommel

1 minute ago, saintjacktar said:

Doesnt really make sense to run, if it was an even fight. but if a 1st rate entered a 4th rate battle that make sense. you re grasping at straws

What does not matter is what you say. Because you have heard things and you were not there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fenris said:

What does not matter is what you say. Because you have heard things and you were not there.

Because the Dutch are trustworthy people and nobody would trust what you have to say father then they could throw you :)

Edited by saintjacktar

38 minutes ago, Fenris said:

So what are you actually testing? How to take regions which are not defended? In the middle of the night?

Same thing you where testing with 7 aggression bomb i suppose.   see what i did here? 

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Edited by Lord Vicious

1 hour ago, Kloothommel said:

Because you keep opening your mouth and spreading vitriolic lies about us all the time?

on-nom-nom-house-popcorn-this-is-gonna-b

I dont have to. You and few others are doing it far better then i would. And you are king of it.

1 hour ago, Fenris said:

Thats not true. You were leaving already.

I was on ts where was fleet sitting. I didnt heard that they want leave till 1st rate joined and refused to leave after few minutes of kindly asking to do so.

Also your core says that all you want is fair balanced 25v25 battles. That wasnt one.

But i wasnt in pb personally ( didnt manage to log in time and attend ) so maybe i kinda misunderstood what was happening with only voice com ( hardly to believe ... ).

18 hours ago, Lord Vicious said:

Same thing you where testing with 7 aggression bomb i suppose.   see what i did here? 

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Uhm what..?:huh:

You mean in the old PB system  it was "unfair" to buy 4 flags and attack only 1 port to confuse the opponent?

Whats your point?

You desperately try to convince somebody, i do not know whom, that Danes are such evil exploiters. I guess you are only jealous that your clan/nation,whatever, didnt/couldnt do such effort first.:)

Wow - this thread just set a personal record. 10 posts in a row from people on my ignore list.

If I was a new player to NA and just visiting this forum for the first time, I would be sincerely doubting the wisdom of having bought this game.

Edit: My new signature - "This is why we can't have nice things."

Edited by Angus McGregor

Ok after much talking with my clan mates we have decided to pick a different nation from the french.   I will no longer be known on PvP2 as  "Monsieur Texas Monsieur"   instead I will be known as "Senor Tejas" We have not picked a clan name, but expect to see more of us on during the US prime times to help out.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Ok after much talking with my clan mates we have decided to pick a different nation from the french.   I will no longer be known on PvP2 as  "Monsieur Texas Monsieur"   instead I will be known as "Senor Tejas" We have not picked a clan name, but expect to see more of us on during the US prime times to help out.

By your new name I presume that you are rolling to the Spanish nation.  Good luck with that!

I presume that we may/will see you around the waters of Cuba and other areas of the Spanish realm.

Edited by Chijohnaok
  • Like 1