Game-Labs Forum

Please Stop PB Log camping before it starts

Can you please put in a pre-emptive fix before the BS begins.

I suspect that some players / clans may park outside target PB's then login as soon as it becomes available.

Currently you simply couldn't stop them.

Very simple fix. When you login you CANNOT join a PB for say 3 minutes if you have been logged out for more than say 30 mins (so if you crash...)

If this happens, can you at least pre-emptively rule that you will return the port to its defenders should a fix not be put in in time (via a tribunal).

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 25

Something is certainly needed. Another idea would be to return the player to their nearest friendly port if they're logged out for more than a certain time in another nation's county. I'm not really in favour of the open sea being a safe area whether you're logging out or afk sailing. 

• Like 4

Maybe the entry privilege should be an item that has to be obtained in a port a few hours ahead of time.

They could even be tradeable, so that clans could bribe people into giving up their spot. Hostility farming could be profitable.

Still doesnt stop the PB log out shizz

• Like 1

Well I've been ranting on against the BS cloaking devices that are currently in game that gives the game that certain Star Trek feeling I loathe so much.. And I've been proposing a fix to the general problem of using the BS as a means to ambush (wether it be ports or ships) by making the spawn point from BS random.. This way both problems would be fixed.. If any ports are given back due to BS cloaking then I'd like to start a few hundred tribunal cases for those whose ships has been lost due to basically the same exploit..

Can you please put in a pre-emptive fix before the BS begins.

I suspect that some players / clans may park outside target PB's then login as soon as it becomes available.

Currently you simply couldn't stop them.

Very simple fix. When you login you CANNOT join a PB for say 3 minutes if you have been logged out for more than say 30 mins (so if you crash...)

If this happens, can you at least pre-emptively rule that you will return the port to its defenders should a fix not be put in in time (via a tribunal).

This ^^^^^^^

Stop this before it starts 

Something is certainly needed. Another idea would be to return the player to their nearest friendly port if they're logged out for more than a certain time in another nation's county. I'm not really in favour of the open sea being a safe area whether you're logging out or afk sailing.

Please not, log out in Bermuda and be put back to Little River to sail all the way back...

• Like 1

I think if your in a hostile region the game should not allow you to log out until you are in international waters. To stop the alt F4 players your ship should remain in game until it is in international waters or sunk.

I also think we should also address the post battle screen campers as well.

• Like 5

Something is certainly needed. Another idea would be to return the player to their nearest friendly port if they're logged out for more than a certain time in another nation's county. I'm not really in favour of the open sea being a safe area whether you're logging out or afk sailing. 

This could be exploited by traders who are doing long trips far away from home to bypass a hostile nations water.

Preventing the logout might be possible (e.g. logout option disabled at a certain proximity to hostile ports, so they still have to fight through some screeners), but then they could still just initiate a fight earlier on near the port beforehand and do the same thing except with the post battle screen.

There is a difference between putting your ships in position during off peak hours and just logging in to hit the join battle timer and bringing your ships close to the PB during main contested time and trying to use battle screen for the same effect.

• Like 1

There are no sensible solutions to this except for removal of safe logoff at sea (historical)

Why isn't a block on entering port battles for 3-5 mins after login not sensible ??

That would allow a magic appearing fleet to be tagged....or at least be 5 minutes off the port entrance...

• Like 4

Why isn't a block on entering port battles for 3-5 mins after login not sensible ??

That would allow a magic appearing fleet to be tagged....or at least be 5 minutes off the port entrance...

We have some interesting solutions but some of them are too drastic to post today - need detailed description but its already too late here.  ))) 

3-5 login timer will not help if port battle entry is 10-30 mins like right now. When we tried short port battle entry timers long time ago they usually created more problems. 

But the solution exist

remind me on monday please)) 

• Like 1

3-5 login timer will not help if port battle entry is 10-30 mins like right now.

If attackers log back in near the port battle, they will not be able to join or enter the nearby port, so are vulnerable to attack (and blocking from PB) unless they all log-in together with near perfect coordination and have enough BR to stop attacks (in which case they are no different than a fleet sailing en masse from one port to another).

In fact, an across the board "can't attack or join battles" for 3-5 minutes after logging back in at sea would solve a lot of complaints about use of the end battle screen for hiding / ambushing, and would have only a minor effect on those that log out at sea simply to stop playing.

• Like 7

Tonight on PvP2 we where blockading St Agustin for the Spain (only one player showed).  We where more doing cause as Pirates we figure it's the best way to get PvP from US cause they tend to run all the time.  Well we had a great blockad set up and figure we might get some of them in our large group of about 15 players of mixed ships and spread out to cover the entrance of the port.  Guess what folks logged right in front of the port battle window and joined before you can get over there and tagg them.   I did get a SOL (can't rememebr if it was a pavel or Bellona) and a Rennon and let the towers beat them up a bit and was about to get the Renon when he was able to escape cause he was demasted and sails can't be hit half the time in that state.   Well that isn't a big deal, but when I got out the PB was filled with 25 players.  Most of them where from folks that had logged out before hand and than logged back up cause the rest of my group had a large amount of US players in battle.

The funny thing was we didn't loose a single ship, but we captured 5 US first rates from that port back to St Mary.   Not a single Pirate ship was lost but they still captured the port and lost a good number of 1st rates, but instead to PvP.   Every thing on the out side seems to work great but unless your going to do a ready room style system you need to have a block on folks that just log in from joining the Port Battle.  You all ready have the timer for folks that have agro for that port and those that don't.  Just make it where they can't enter the port battles 5 mins from logging into the game.  This will make it so they have to actually sail to the port and enter it and fight to get in.  Not just log in and jump in.

It makes doing a blcok aid completely pointless.  Cause next time what if it was one of our own ports we are defending and not just a port we are trying to get PvP at?

You'll think about it MONDAY ? - after Georges Town Bermuda is gone to the British? PB is Monday Morning Server time

Here are screen shots of three Danes logging off right in front of the dock at Georges Town TODAY (Sunday).

If Georges Town falls to this BLATANT BALONEY - I'm gone, as it will be proven this is not a game of sail and cannons - but a game of exploits.

http://i.imgur.com/IEYdSix.jpg

Taken at 66 seconds on my "cant enter" timer

http://i.imgur.com/rIVEQBG.jpg

Taken at 54 seconds on my timer

http://i.imgur.com/02D4oqq.jpg

Taken at 35 seconds in my timer - right after the other two logged off, this one logged off about 10 seconds later - I realize I should have snapped a pic of the empty bay but was fuming so much I forgot.

This is %^^^% cheating!

• Like 6

Just put in a can't log out in enemy area? With the area's in place this shouldn't be too hard to implement i think?

As a side note, can't we just for the love of god NOT ruin the conquest mode again.

PS: If nothing else is possible, just remove log off when not in port. I much rather have the inconvenience of always having to sail to port to log out instead of these exploiters ruining it again.

Edited by The Spud
  • Like 6

You'll think about it MONDAY ? - after Georges Town Bermuda is gone to the British? PB is Monday Morning Server time

Here are screen shots of three Danes logging off right in front of the dock at Georges Town TODAY (Sunday).

If Georges Town falls to this BLATANT BALONEY - I'm gone, as it will be proven this is not a game of sail and cannons - but a game of exploits.

http://i.imgur.com/IEYdSix.jpg

Taken at 66 seconds on my "cant enter" timer

http://i.imgur.com/rIVEQBG.jpg

Taken at 54 seconds on my timer

http://i.imgur.com/02D4oqq.jpg

Taken at 35 seconds in my timer - right after the other two logged off, this one logged off about 10 seconds later - I realize I should have snapped a pic of the empty bay but was fuming so much I forgot.

This is %^^^% cheating!

Bermuda is Special in that case since there is no neutral Harbour near ... and the PB is on a Monday close to the working hours of some People. So not everyone has the time to sail 2,5- 3h up there and this shouldnt prevent it from getting captured ... you are only so pissed because you will loose your only cedar port thats all :P