Game-Labs Forum

Free town changes - Important

Having to grind up the ranks again would force players back into OW who now are just sitting in port crafting or waiting for something to happen because they're all Rear Admirals already.

I for one hope that they either wipe the crafting XP, or at least that they change it to a 0-100 rank so that level 50 crafters still keep a head start, but have to rank up a lot before they can craft 1st rates again. 

And I think there's been talk about changing the labour hours system, but that might've been only before they introduced labour contracts.

• Like 1

Having to grind up the ranks again would force players back into OW who now are just sitting in port crafting or waiting for something to happen because they're all Rear Admirals already.

I for one hope that they either wipe the crafting XP, or at least that they change it to a 0-100 rank so that level 50 crafters still keep a head start, but have to rank up a lot before they can craft 1st rates again. 

And I think there's been talk about changing the labour hours system, but that might've been only before they introduced labour contracts.

That is a weird approach. Instead the gaming experience should be expanded and the action easier to get. What you are saying is that players need to be nulified to have an OW with lot of players in them. 

The alternative for boredom is not to start all over. It is to play another game. It is that simple. 

IMO the action is to hard and sometimes also too unequal to get. This causes frustration. Few souls like to sail for hours just to see an empty PB or some fruitless ganking. 

I have posted several suggestions in here just to meet a wall of resistance from two groups:

1) the hardcore TS-clans that understandable like their timeconsuming game style (ok if you have plenty of time or need someone to talk to) to spread to more players 

2) the lonely pirate wolfs that likes the 1vs1 hunt and therefore hate long joining timers or big battles

Now I think that the game need to develop some kind of room for the third group - the casuals.

This can be done twofold:

One is to drop the OW as only playstyle and make arena-playstyle with battle setups a la Totalwar or Company of Heroes2. This can be done with ladders. Bad thing is that OW will be emptied. The two groups mentioned above hate this idea.

Another apporach is to make the action easier to get in OW. This can be done with longer joing timers or some auto-join mechanisms in PBs or rosters where you put your ship and it will TP you to the mission. Let me give you an example:

The casual player has maybe 1-2 hours to play after the kids is put a sleep and the wife needs some attention. He likes to do some pirate hunting or maybe some kind of a big battle. He takes his ship into a roster that put players into the fray every 10 minutes or so or maybe just continuesly to a "hot spot" somewhere. There a lot of action will develop as the "hot spots" will be filled with ships on different mission according to their roster. Imagine a fleet of 25 meets another fleet of 25 ships without waiting for hours on end... or maybe a roster with pirate ships has some kind of mission that a roster of patrolling ships needs to stop in order to get rank, gold or whatever.

OW is fine but steps need to be taken in order to make it more "intense" and less heavy on waiting. That is of course if you like the action part which the big casual group does as they have less time.... This game destiny will depend on them, remember!

Edited by fox2run

That is a weird approach. Instead the gaming experience should be expanded and the action easier to get. What you are saying is that players need to be nulified to have an OW with lot of players in them.

The alternative for boredom is not to start all over. It is to play another game. It is that simple.

IMO the action is to hard and sometimes also too unequal to get. This causes frustration. Few souls like to sail for hours just to see an empty PB or some fruitless ganking.

I have posted several suggestions in here just to meet a wall of resistance from two groups:

1) the hardcore TS-clans that understandable like their timeconsuming game style (ok if you have plenty of time or need someone to talk to) to spread to more players

2) the lonely pirate wolfs that likes the 1vs1 hunt and therefore hate long joining timers or big battles

Now I think that the game need to develop some kind of room for the third group - the casuals.

This can be done twofold:

One is to drop the OW as only playstyle and make arena-playstyle with battle setups a la Totalwar or Company of Heroes2. This can be done with ladders. Bad thing is that OW will be emptied. The two groups mentioned above hate this idea.

Another apporach is to make the action easier to get in OW. This can be done with longer joing timers or some auto-join mechanisms in PBs or rosters where you put your ship and it will TP you to the mission. Let me give you an example:

The casual player has maybe 1-2 hours to play after the kids is put a sleep and the wife needs some attention. He likes to do some pirate hunting or maybe some kind of a big battle. He takes his ship into a roster that put players into the fray every 10 minutes or so or maybe just continuesly to a "hot spot" somewhere. There a lot of action will develop as the "hot spots" will be filled with ships on different mission according to their roster. Imagine a fleet of 25 meets another fleet of 25 ships without waiting for hours on end... or maybe a roster with pirate ships has some kind of mission that a roster of patrolling ships needs to stop in order to get rank, gold or whatever.

OW is fine but steps need to be taken in order to make it more "intense" and less heavy on waiting. That is of course if you like the action part which the big casual group does as they have less time.... This game destiny will depend on them, remember!

Im as casual a player as the come and I dont have any problems with the game as is, exept for no cooldown teleports.

By the way what is a TS clan ?

Im as casual a player as the come and I dont have any problems with the game as is, exept for no cooldown teleports.

By the way what is a TS clan ?

A clan using TeamSpeak for voice comms.

Back to the original suggestion which was to wipe all xp (or maybe not crafting xp) on release. That is pretty harsh for casual players or players who mostly trade and craft and so split their time. The solution to get people back is new and varied content and not just to give them the same old grind all over again, which for some would be the 3-4 time going up the ranks.

• Like 2

A clan using TeamSpeak for voice comms.

Back to the original suggestion which was to wipe all xp (or maybe not crafting xp) on release. That is pretty harsh for casual players or players who mostly trade and craft and so split their time. The solution to get people back is new and varied content and not just to give them the same old grind all over again, which for some would be the 3-4 time going up the ranks.

They have said over and over again they wont wipe our xp so there dont seem to be a problem. Still not sure what teamspeak does to ruin the game lol.

• Like 1

Maybe just make it easier to see some action. Tonight I gave up finding it - we where 3-4 guys but no more on nation chat. Well - its a no go game. sry to say. We agreed on finding action somewhere else in other games.

Its wierd that on the super Godlike server you never find action and im on the evil red headed stepchild server and i never have to sail for more than 10 minites or so to fine someone.

• Like 1

They have said over and over again they wont wipe our xp so there dont seem to be a problem. Still not sure what teamspeak does to ruin the game lol.

I'm sorry you would have to be idiots to not do any fighting or port battles without team speak.  You don't need it for 1 vs 1 but even back in those days they had signal flags and such for fleet movements.  I just don't have time to type it in game, "Hay Doom go over here cause we got this guy."  Though if we where in a fight I would have to do that with you, but if I was in one with clan mates we just oranize it by voice.  Though I think he's meaning it's a disadvantage against the solo player cause we can call for help and get folks to show up even faster than say in National where there is spies that can tell when your doing things.   

• Like 1

I'm sorry you would have to be idiots to not do any fighting or port battles without team speak.  You don't need it for 1 vs 1 but even back in those days they had signal flags and such for fleet movements.  I just don't have time to type it in game, "Hay Doom go over here cause we got this guy."  Though if we where in a fight I would have to do that with you, but if I was in one with clan mates we just oranize it by voice.  Though I think he's meaning it's a disadvantage against the solo player cause we can call for help and get folks to show up even faster than say in National where there is spies that can tell when your doing things.   

I agree on the benefits of using Team Speak in the game.

I mostly play on PvP 1 in the US nation, and I am in a clan.  Not only does my clan have a TS channel, but there is also an informal TS channel for the US nation (the Tattered Flags clan TS).  Not to use TS during port battles or major open water battles is foolish.

I also have a British character on PvP 2, and while I play infrequently there, I have participated in port battles on PvP 2 from time to time.  I have usually had no difficulty finding a TS channel for those PBs.  (There was one specific time I remember where I had to ask in GB nation chat like 4 times AND pm at least 2 different players, but I was finally given the TS info).

In almost all instances even a non-clan solo player would be able to find out and be granted access to TS on either server.

Yes, almost everyone uses Teamspeak.  The reasons and benefits are obvious.

There's a few iconoclastic mavericks who, for whatever mystifying reason, flat don't want to use it...and somehow feel unfairly infringed upon when other participants in a PB or multi-ship battle desire them to do so.  I believe this is the context behind the term "hard core TS clans", which initiated this particular little tangent a few posts ago.

• Like 1

I'm sorry you would have to be idiots to not do any fighting or port battles without team speak. You don't need it for 1 vs 1 but even back in those days they had signal flags and such for fleet movements. I just don't have time to type it in game, "Hay Doom go over here cause we got this guy." Though if we where in a fight I would have to do that with you, but if I was in one with clan mates we just oranize it by voice. Though I think he's meaning it's a disadvantage against the solo player cause we can call for help and get folks to show up even faster than say in National where there is spies that can tell when your doing things.

Maybe im not sure. He just always goes off on people with ts. Hell we dont use it and we never have his problems.

I'm sorry you would have to be idiots to not do any fighting or port battles without team speak. You don't need it for 1 vs 1 but even back in those days they had signal flags and such for fleet movements. I just don't have time to type it in game, "Hay Doom go over here cause we got this guy." Though if we where in a fight I would have to do that with you, but if I was in one with clan mates we just oranize it by voice. Though I think he's meaning it's a disadvantage against the solo player cause we can call for help and get folks to show up even faster than say in National where there is spies that can tell when your doing things.

Yeah indont understand his problem with ts. Hell my clan dont use it and we donfine.

Edit. ..stupid interwebs and double invisible cloaking post.

Edited by Mrdoomed

Yah most the time a quick type of what is need or targets is good, a lot of us seem to work well without even saying anything.  We just know what needs to be done, but I think they are right it's some folks that just won't do it.   Won't join or anything.  Hell I wouldn't talk for every in my WoT coms.   Than as soon as I started to talk I got ranked up and became a unit commander and they couldn't get me to shut up lol.....that and I own the TS server they are still using even though I don't play clan wars any more in that game.   Though all the time I never spoke I still listened to the team and did what was needed.

I play IL2 online and they have different arenas for different levels of realism. Imagine a NA full realism arena where you have to look through the spyglass to read flags from the flagship or clan leader and refer to a flag signal code book to figure out what your next move is supposed to be! It sure would be a different game.

• Like 1

Dear Admin,

You stated:

1. Free town status and free town assets exchanged switched with another port - to save players time.

The free town status will switch from a port to another. All the player assets (outpost, ships, warehouse) of the ex -free town will be transferred to the new free town. Also, all the player assets of the ex- normal port will be transferred to the new standard port. This change concerns those pairs of ports:

• Island Harbour  -  Hat Island

• Plymouth  -  La Désirade

• Caño Macareo  -  Guayaguayare

• Canalete  -  Dariena

• Victoria  -  Santa Ana

• Tordo  -  Tamiagua

• Aransas  -  El Rancho

• Barataria  -  Saint-Malo

• Key West  -  Las Tortugas

• Cabo Cañaveral  -  Cayo Biscayno

• Sunbury  -  Saint Marys

If you had assets in one of those free towns (on the left), you will find them in the corresponding new free town (on the right). If you had assets in one of those ports on the right of the list, you will find them in the new port on the left of the list.

Example. You had assets in Las Tortugas. It became a free town. To save players time we moved his assets to Key west. 

I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered but I would like a clarification for the following:

Some players utilize the holds of large trading ships (LGVs & Indiaman) as storage for resources and finished parts (Carriages, canvas rolls, etc).

Admin states in his post that "All the player assets (outpost, ships, warehouse) of the ex -free town will be transferred to the new free town." 

Question:  Can you please confirm whether the named "assets" includes everything in the holds of those ships.

• Like 1

I supposed that, but is it other way to name the neutral ports?

Think of all the letters next to the names on the map as purely a curiosity. They are only there to indicate what guides the devs had when forming the new map. Now the new map has been published, the letters are inconsequential and purely for the historically interested.

• Like 1

Think of all the letters next to the names on the map as purely a curiosity. They are only there to indicate what guides the devs had when forming the new map. Now the new map has been published, the letters are inconsequential and purely for the historically interested.

I agree and understand.  Perhaps the devs might've done better to eschew the designation entirely; it has led to some confusion and misinterpretation.  I'm aware of one clan on PvE who emptied out and transferred their Clan Warehouse to another port, simply because the Free Town had a "(P)" next to its name on the various versions of draft maps.

Does someone knows what will happen with ongoing ressource transport to a port with switches? Will they also move their target? will than the price be conformisted?   e.G I sent goods to my outpost in Plymouth from La Tortue. La Tortue will be closed, the goods still have to go ~6 hours. Plymouth will be changed to Le Moule which is a "bit" farther away. Do I have to fear that I loose these ressources?

I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered but I would like a clarification for the following:

Some players utilize the holds of large trading ships (LGVs & Indiaman) as storage for resources and finished parts (Carriages, canvas rolls, etc).

Admin states in his post that "All the player assets (outpost, ships, warehouse) of the ex -free town will be transferred to the new free town." 

Question:  Can you please confirm whether the named "assets" includes everything in the holds of those ships.

all assets

including holds

• Like 4

.... Plymouth will be changed to Le Moule which is a "bit" farther away. ...

Huh?  What did I miss?  The original post says Plymouth gets changed to La Desirade.  Either you are mistaken or I missed a post somewhere changing this?

Hello Captains

Four types of change will be done to the free towns in the next patch within 15-25 days:

1. Free town status and free town assets exchanged switched with another port - to save players time.

The free town status will switch from a port to another. All the player assets (outpost, ships, warehouse) of the ex -free town will be transferred to the new free town. Also, all the player assets of the ex- normal port will be transferred to the new standard port. This change concerns those pairs of ports:

• Island Harbour  -  Hat Island

• Plymouth  -  La Désirade

• Caño Macareo  -  Guayaguayare

• Canalete  -  Dariena

• Victoria  -  Santa Ana

• Tordo  -  Tamiagua

• Aransas  -  El Rancho

• Barataria  -  Saint-Malo

• Key West  -  Las Tortugas

• Cabo Cañaveral  -  Cayo Biscayno

• Sunbury  -  Saint Marys

If you had assets in one of those free towns (on the left), you will find them in the corresponding new free town (on the right). If you had assets in one of those ports on the right of the list, you will find them in the new port on the left of the list.

Does someone knows what will happen with ongoing ressource transport to a port with switches? Will they also move their target? will than the price be conformisted?   e.G I sent goods to my outpost in Plymouth from La Tortue. La Tortue will be closed, the goods still have to go ~6 hours. Plymouth will be changed to Le Moule which is a "bit" farther away. Do I have to fear that I loose these ressources?

Well the way I read it is that deliveries of goods remains only from Free port to Free port so if a port changes to a national port you will no longer be able to use goods delivery. In your example all your assets (goods) in Plymouth will be moved to the new Free port La Desirade. So you will be able to use the delivery system from the new free port.

I can't find the post regarding this by I seem to have a recollection that when the PvP3 server was merged into PvP 1 EU, advice was given that any pending deliveries might be subject to loss (so claim outstanding ones and don't send new ones).

My recollection could be wrong though....