Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Coalition war issue Sept2016

Celtiberofrog

Please consider the below comment from a player and not on behalf of the Spanish faction: 

NA PvP1 Alliance system has acknowledged the former coalitions conflict.

Today Dutch nation is being severly pushed back into its homeland.

Yesturday the Spanish were in same situation, so have been the Sweeds, the French etc...

We all can agree on the fact that these type of heavy agressions are discouraging the player community that are suffering it, any newcomers would quit the game or change nation.

It could be interesting to think about a small and simple general agreement between nations (apart from Pirates) valid untill the next patch (or further), where each nation would define a group of adjacent ports including capitals as « Secured Zone ». These ports could not be under attack by all means and by any nation (apart from Pirates).

I guess the number of secured ports of each nation zone should be the same, tricky but fair.

Is such a suggestion feasible I wonder, but what I am sure is we've got to preserve gameplay above all.

Thank you for your comments or for any other ideas to solve this type of issue

Frog

• Like 11

Please consider the below comment from a player and not on behalf of the Spanish faction: 

NA PvP1 Alliance system has acknowledged the former coalitions conflict.

Today Dutch nation is being severly pushed back into its homeland.

Yesturday the Spanish were in same situation, so have been the Sweeds, the French etc...

We all can agree on the fact that these type of heavy agressions are discouraging the player community that are suffering it, any newcomers would quit the game or change nation.

It could be interesting to think about a small and simple general agreement between nations (apart from Pirates) valid untill the next patch (or further), where each nation would define a group of adjacent ports including capitals as « Secured Zone ». These ports could not be under attack by all means and by any nation (apart from Pirates).

I guess the number of secured ports of each nation zone should be the same, tricky but fair.

Is such a suggestion feasible I wonder, but what I am sure is we've got to preserve gameplay above all.

Thank you for your comments or for any other ideas to solve this type of issue

Frog

this is not  the best solution, the curren national hubs are alredy crowded with people, because hte only have to sail to 3 ports to build their 1strates

I also agree with frog. At this stage every nation has been thrashed at some stage, possibly apart from GB and even they've had their bad times. We've got nothing to prove by wiping out factions, or humiliating player bases. An agreement of this nature would help player bases and also might help reduce some of the bad feeling between factions and the accompanying toxicity. It would certainly be a tricky thing to realize but I think worth a shot.

• Like 4

Having experienced being reduced to a single port twice now, I'd disagree, there might be some initial shock and sense of helplessness since these scenarios often involves overwhelming opposition, but the tangible consequences aren't really as bad as the typical player would expect - or, well, not anymore at least, ever since smuggling made it easier, and now the alliance system making it a breeze. Experiencing it firsthand isn't a bad way to curb the uninformed fearmongering.

...It could be interesting to think about a small and simple general agreement between nations (including Pirates) valid untill the next patch (or further), where each nation would define a group of adjacent ports including capitals as « Secured Zone ». These ports could not be under attack by all means and by any nation (including Pirates)...

All players should indeed have same safe zone possibility, first idea was wrong when you consider it from pirate point of view.

But anyway, the main stream would be to find a system that could limit the destruction of a nation homeland.

• Like 1

If the Dutch dont want to fight, the problem is theirs alone. GB has to deal first with some annoyances. 

The only major issue here is DN, once the Dutch removes them, they will reconquer its territory quite easily.

The Dutch are strong fighters, they will prevail.

Edited by Admiral Horatio Hornblower
  • Like 1

The dutch are currently tasting their own medicine, and they don't like it which is understandable - maybe too bitter.

However weeks ago, when they almost crushed Spain together with Brits, they had no problem, as a matter of fact, it was the nature of the conquest game. Now when they see their territory shrink, they talk about "safe zones" etc. e.g. their recipe of their own medicine is way too bitter now they have to gulp it down.

• Like 2

That's a noble pursuit, Frog, but I guess it is simpler to just wait for new port mechanics and port reset. Those with common sense will stop attacking empty ports, those who have pleasure of doing that, may continue (who cares?). As for Dutch, do not worry, spirits are high, we'll be back.

The alliance system has some interesting points, but with current port mechanics, it made steamrolling somewhat easier. Anyway, waiting for port reset, new port mechanics and whatever those will bring.

• Like 5

The dutch are currently tasting their own medicine, and they don't like it which is understandable - maybe too bitter.

However weeks ago, when they almost crushed Spain together with Brits, they had no problem, as a matter of fact, it was the nature of the conquest game. Now when they see their territory shrink, they talk about "safe zones" etc. e.g. their recipe of their own medicine is way too bitter now they have to gulp it down.

OP is Spanish not dutch. We dont cry on the forum when things go south :lol:

• Like 2

IIRC that "medicine" was invented by Denmark. So please stop with your BS.

As I have stated over and over war needs to have a winning condition other than make a population quit the game by one-porting them.

For this round before the port reset. Not a lot of players left that really care about RVR and are willing to invest a lot of time and resources to stop you from taking empty ports.

I believe that giving players too much safety will not help struggling nations, but rather make all our player bases complacent. 

In terms of port ownership (ignoring that ports do not actually matter at all - and even less since in-game alliances) the Dutch are far from crushed and still hold their eco-zone and a decent number of ports. VP holds more ports now than Sweden used to own for months and months. 

In terms of PvP-strength, I do not see that the Dutch are defeatist. I do not see them complain a lot, and from flag pulls and allied reports there are still Dutch captains who are fighting. Being attacked on multiple fronts only allows them to chose when and against whom they want to fight.

My one and only worry is that a lot of Dutch players might soon come to realise what useless allies GB are and wish to change sides. We really don't want more allies, we want more enemies.

• Like 8

i agree with frog whats the fun of this game when a nation has 1 port left and alot of people will change or leave

True!

In my opinion it's a choice whether we want total annihilation of a nation before being able to claim victory, or another way of defeating a nation. For instance, that each nation has a zone around their capital which cannot be captured, but instead once a nation is pushed back to this area, That nation being pushed, shall be considered defeated and the winning side are allowed access to the defeated nations ports maybe and subsequently the two nations winning / defeated, cannot attach each other before a cool down. Only after the cool down can the defeated nation start claiming back lost ports etc.

• Like 1

Funny. If you want to see more fights i strongly suggest to pull less then 5+ flags at once. After all you are looking for good pvp right?

Funny to see how alliances are broken atm. Imo there should be only 1 ally allowed and some kind of neutral state not white&black like we have now.

And nice push you did guys in to dutch teritory. Dont worry we'll survive and back stronger.

• Like 2

Scipio wrote:

but instead once a nation is pushed back to this area, That nation being pushed, shall be considered defeated and the winning side are allowed access to the defeated nations ports maybe and subsequently the two nations winning / defeated, cannot attach each other before a cool down. Only after the cool down can the defeated nation start claiming back lost ports etc.

This sounds like a good idea to me, thank you for that suggestion Scipio. (as a large bunch of players play that game with the need to achieve a win goal)

Let's hope Devs will consider this issue within new mechanics of next patches.

My one and only worry is that a lot of Dutch players might soon come to realise what useless allies GB are and wish to change sides. We really don't want more allies, we want more enemies.

ask Spain who they have been fighting in the Southern Carribean I think you will find it is the British that are there trying to help the Dutch. The announcement of a port wipe has literally cut our numbers in half of those willing to fight in a far off land not to mention defending our home waters against Danish gank fleets around KPR at the same time.

• Like 1