Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.9 - Officers, Fishing, Provisions and other things

admin

On the position, I wish it`s just a tease. Here`s how i think it should work

If you somewhat near land, you have coordinate, after all you are a captain and should know a bit about navigation

You should have an officer perk that should be something like Carribean Cartographer or something like that: He spent his career in the carribean and can give you corrdinate as soon as you see land mass and even a bit further.

Then you could could have a perk that could be sailing master and he comes with a chronometer that give you longitute all the time and lattitude at noon every day. heck he could even mark a spot on the map at noon.

• Like 1

On the position, I wish it`s just a tease. Here`s how i think it should work

If you somewhat near land, you have coordinate, after all you are a captain and should know a bit about navigation

You should have an officer perk that should be something like Carribean Cartographer or something like that: He spent his career in the carribean and can give you corrdinate as soon as you see land mass and even a bit further.

Then you could could have a perk that could be sailing master and he comes with a chronometer that give you longitute all the time and lattitude at noon every day. heck he could even mark a spot on the map at noon.

OK, this sounds cool and it sounds fun and adds a little more closeness to era.  But functionally for this game, I don't see it serving any purpose.  What good does it do you?  Why would you want it?  Can you elaborate why?  Not sure why I need to find myself every day at noon.

Edited by Jean Ribault

OK, this sounds cool and it sounds fun and adds a little more closeness to era.  But functionally for this game, I don't see it serving any purpose.  What good does it do you?  Why would you want it?  Can you elaborate why?  Not sure why I need to find myself every day at noon.

Well it`all depends if we have coordinate of our ship at all time like right now. I suspect this will be removed at some point and there will be perks to get your coordinate.

So you could have 3 levels of coordinate acquiring

default -you get your coordinate when you are fairly close to land mass

1 st level officer perk (for local travel) you get your coordinate when you see land mass and even a bit further

2nd level officer perk (for long travel) you get coordinate anywhere on the map but only once per day

I think with the addition of 3 more resource units it should be time to re-think the level of building ownership.

Adding crew medkit crafting has added new requirements to the resource list but it is difficult to output what is needed.

With only 5 buildings currently allowable it is very hard to be able to support all the current requirements, would we be interested in this -

1/ Each outpost owned has a max of 2/3 buildings per with a max outpost holding of 6 ?

2/ Lift the current buildings limit to 7 in total to allow for the extra crew crafting mechanics.

Either way we need extra access to resources to compliment the need created by recent additions.

Thoughts ?

Absolutely agree with the increase of the building limits. The new crew thing increased the basic resources a captain have to gather.

At least 1 more slot should we be allowed to open.

Well it " should" encourage people to have to work together and for an acual economy but unfortunately this is an era of selfish gamers who just want to forgo any team play or community in favor of fast as possible gameplay.

That being said im sure they will just add more slots to ensure people still dont have to interact in a mmorpg game.

• Like 5

unfortunately this is an era of selfish gamers who just want to forgo any team play or community in favor of fast as possible gameplay

??? When you play alone, it takes much more time to reach a goal in this game ...

Why are players allowed to fish in the protected zone at capitals on PvP servers? It is a PvP server, can we keep it that way? Too many PVErs camping outside their capitals.  B)

Fish all you want in your Capital zone, but unless something is bugged, you're not going to catch anything until you leave it.

Fish all you want in your Capital zone, but unless something is bugged, you're not going to catch anything until you leave it.

It is bugged.  There is a ring around the ring where you are inside the capital defense ring but can still fish.

??? When you play alone, it takes much more time to reach a goal in this game ...

I wish this was true but its just not the case. First off thier is no "goal" in this game other than having fun.

Instead of living the hard solo life all you have to do is read these forums the last 6 months to see that people instead demand easier missions , faster missions, more xp and gold fr missins, safe zones to do missions from to reduce the risk of human interaction, teleports so rather than building a region they like into a hub of activities they can just cover the entire Atlantic Ocean in 6 minites to do easier task alone, they ask for more buildings so they dont have to buy from people they ask for a.i fleets so they dont have to interact.

The entire reasons these games fail on a daily basis is that they are mmorpgs that end up becoming single playet games with " raids" once a day with humans.

So no i have to disagree the solo player has it so hard.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1

I agree work together. Organize trades with other players. If you have a building of each there would be no market or economy everyone will make their own stuff. Having limitations creates economy amongst players.

Do you people not get it?

As a clan we have interaction with other players constantly, we have many buildings to supply our needs but now with the added crafting there is not enough resources available to accommodate.

As with many clans they already had crafting regimes organised but now it all has to be re-planned due to the added crafting requirements. 5 slots only seems a restriction on clan trade & should be lifted - not ridiculously but to accommodate the extra crafting that has been added.

Just because someone makes a post doesn't mean it is a selfish request as most of you quickly label it, it is an identified problem that a player or players have & want clarification.

The devs add new content that relies on established mechanics but no extra functions are added to that mechanic to accommodate.

When crew was introduced, a new crafting mechanic was introduced to replenish men, so extra function in the mechanic but no addition to support it.

It is a game - please try & distance it from Your Real Life.

• Like 5

Do you people not get it?

As a clan we have interaction with other players constantly, we have many buildings to supply our needs but now with the added crafting there is not enough resources available to accommodate.

As with many clans they already had crafting regimes organised but now it all has to be re-planned due to the added crafting requirements. 5 slots only seems a restriction on clan trade & should be lifted - not ridiculously but to accommodate the extra crafting that has been added.

Just because someone makes a post doesn't mean it is a selfish request as most of you quickly label it, it is an identified problem that a player or players have & want clarification.

The devs add new content that relies on established mechanics but no extra functions are added to that mechanic to accommodate.

When crew was introduced, a new crafting mechanic was introduced to replenish men, so extra function in the mechanic but no addition to support it.

It is a game - please try & distance it from Your Real Life.

Lmao. I play solo and am in a clan of 5 solo pirates and have zero problems.

If you need tips on how to play dont be shy just ask.

• Like 1

I wish this was true but its just not the case. First off thier is no "goal" in this game other than having fun.

Instead of living the hard solo life all you have to do is read these forums the last 6 months to see that people instead demand easier missions , faster missions, more xp and gold fr missins, safe zones to do missions from to reduce the risk of human interaction, teleports so rather than building a region they like into a hub of activities they can just cover the entire Atlantic Ocean in 6 minites to do easier task alone, they ask for more buildings so they dont have to buy from people they ask for a.i fleets so they dont have to interact.

The entire reasons these games fail on a daily basis is that they are mmorpgs that end up becoming single playet games with " raids" once a day with humans.

So no i have to disagree the solo player has it so hard.

well the full potential of the game will only be reached if you know the game well...

i do see captains who are already in their fourth rank

and do not even know how to build a ship or know how to make a knee or plank

the biggest problem with them is also ,they dont care at all

mostly they have no interest in a clan (for various reasons)

cumming to ts is a problem for them because they think they can manage on their own (and when they end up in a fight, and get sunk ,they aint thinking "why do i get sunk" as well)

the ignorance is huge for some player who are not willing  to cooperate  and at some point they will get bored and disappointed as well

for me as a clan member i have time to short to do everything so i do believe that being a member of a clan is a must in this game ,and if you are without a clan you have to find one immediate,its a must other wise you get sunk every time you get out of the harbor.

seeking for knowledge is better then to learn nothing , and to learn from someone else his mistakes give you a step a head all the time ,but you need contact for that with other players ,it does not come with the wind.

• Like 1

Pagan,

Come back to the game.  You can easily avoid ai fleet players.  I think I've been in 1 battle with them so far.

This is correct. I support PP on his 'crusade' but it is not that bad.

Well said in many aspects.

It really comes down to the most experienced to share the experience and NOT force anyone to go through the ranks without learning basics.

After facing rear admirals not using manual to full potential, or not at all, I wonder what kind of clans they are into. Don't they duel to learn ? Don't they skirmish together or against each other in Small/Large battles ?

Guess ganking is more to the point and makes everyone feel efficient ;)

New crew system

First of all I am happy that there is a crew system now, as it was somewhat unrealistic to come out of battle and "whoooosh" like Jeany out of a bottle, the crew which was just decimated in battle, had miraciously reappeared.

However, the amount of money that it costs to rehire crew, makes it - again - much more difficult for casual players (and I call all players casual, that cannot spend more than an average of 2 hours a day on the game).

Imho it would have been good nough for the game expirience to say you can only refill your crew in harbors (so not op pen sea), maybe even only in reginal capitols, but still for free - or for a way lesser fee (e.g. 20 or maybe 50 gold per sailor). Medikits than, could have been introduced, to enable you to replenish your crew on high seas or in non capitol habors. That would still make them very intersting kits, but helps casual players to have fn in the game too....

Because as it is, every battle you fight will turn out even faster to cost you money instead of eran you some and boarding of e.g. NPC traders does not pay anymore at all.

So I appriciate the crew system highly - mostly becasue of the better realism - Imho the price is way too high and should be adjusted.

Fair winds and following seas,

Commodore Harry McHackou

Confused

In the former patches there were some changes to the wood and how it effects ships characteristics. It was said, among others, that reagrding amor it is now as follows:

• Fir -7 cm
  • Oak Standard
  • Teak +4 cm
  • Live Oak +7 cm

And if I am not mistaken, before it was reagarding Speed

• Fir Speed bonus
  • Oak Slight speed penalty
  • Teak No speed penalty
  • Live Oak High speed penalty

With patch 9.9 we now got the exact values shown in the ships overview (mouse over on the ships in the home screen) and i found the following:

Suprise

• Oak wood
  • Build strenght
  • Speed
Speed 12.35 +40

Side armor 4000 +600

Suprise

• Teak wood
  • Build strenght
  • Speed
Speed 12.35 +40

Side armor 4000 +400

So according to this, a ship of Teak is NOT faster than one of oak, but less strong??!!! This is different from what was said??

So I am confused and would be very gratefull for an explanation why the values are shown like this (faulty??) and what the real + an - of the different wood types are!

Thanks a lot!!!

Commodore Harry McHackou

To clarify the confusion that many appear to be having, the difference between wood types is in the 'Armor Thickness' (ONLY) as indicated to the right of 'Side Structure HP'. With increased armor thickness comes a reduction in speed (ONLY). The only way 'Planking' (Leak Protection) and 'Build Strength (Structure HP) can be obtained or improved is through selecting either one of these Trims and the overall Quality of the ship during its construction.

To summarize Wood Types themselves Do NOT provide individual Trim characteristics and is the only way increased (or decreased in the case of Fir Wood Type) 'Armor Thickness' can be achieved.

NOTE; Building your ship with Fir Wood Type will give you Decreased Armor Thickness (compared to Stock or Oak Wood Type) but an Increase in Speed.

Yours Kindly

Commodore InversoSk3lo.

*Edit* With all this said in regards to trim characteristics through wood type. Obviously if you have thinner armor thickness for example will result in more penetrations throughout the decks or thereby smaller calibers resulting in high structure HP loss and therefore more leaks. 

Visa Versa. Cheers.

Edited by InversoSk3lo

Doh!!  Have you F11'd this?

Not this one now, it was on a thread Admin was responding, he first said it was not possible to fish in those areas and i said it was, and my example posted and linked here was an answer at Barberouge who like you have the "Staff " icon under his avatar followed by " Developers " and asked for one example with coordinates, so i assumed this will be taken care directly from there without having to F11 it ;)