Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.9 - Officers, Fishing, Provisions and other things

admin

Would like to present the perk:

- Attention:

Officer knows how to scout: Detects other ships more far away on the open sea than regulary by scouting from the crows nest. (For the trader/smugler)

EDIT: I did not find the threat to post this. :D

Here http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14356-officer-perks-heavy-moderation/

Just had time to get one fish and board a trader to see if tp was still possible or not, got my answer for this last one, hopefully soon, officer perks i did not seen them after hiring one, too less time to test so maybe i missed them, some seems like great advantages.

Saw repair and medic kits craft-able with different qualities, low, medium, high or something like this, not sure to what the levels corresponds too yet.

Waiting for the hot-fix to be deployed then look and test this more, hopefully next content patch will have new ships too ^^ 

20% reload bonus against pirates sounds pretty much over the top as well. It renders pirates kinda unable to play 1v1 or any kind of even-numbered fights, if the players know what they are doing. Basically promoting the ganking instead of real fighting

I really like the idea of officers, but i think the perks all need a lot of tweaking

Pirates will also get something exciting too

and of course there will be a lot of tweaking :) 20% could be too much but we need to add all the perks first.

• Like 6

• Determined defender – Officer knows how to prepare the organized defence on boarding. Your ship can only be boarded if the attacker has 40% higher crew. It also gives you the option to use the defend command for free (during boarding) 

I think this is way to overpowered. I normaly board ships which already have more Crew than my ship can bear. But my crew is better equiped and better trained so its okay. Boarding equiped ships already got enough disadvantages in the fight by beeing equiped on boarding (you first have to get their). I still have to get the ship low on speed and I do have a lot crew less to sail and to help reloading the gunnery. This perk just takes the boarding totaly out of the game by making it to hard to handle. Please be so nice and take that out of the game as soon as possible (better right now).

Edited by Twig
  • Like 3

Sorry to be impatient but does my suggestion for officers qualify for the reward? I saw coward on your guys list and it looked similar to mine.

Nyurtle - PvP 2

1. Grapple Meister - Increased ranged of grapple and cooldown reduction, or max speed to grapple                    increased to 3.7
       2. Flag bearer - this player can plant the flag faster than 120 seconds or at a greater range from the port.

----->3. Coward - Can escape battle if hasn't taken damage from an enemy in 1:20

4. zealous engager - appears 10% closer to the enemy when pulled into an instance when they are the one targeting the enemy 

By that, do you mean only 1 officier per ship (since we could see 3 officers slots per vessel) but you can have 24 officers if you have 24 ships. Or only 1 officer that you'll have to switch from one ship to another ?

Nelson's first lieutenant followed him across multiple vessels. 

You will have a first officer assigned to you. He will always travel and switch ships with you - even in battle.

• Like 8

I think the officer Bonus is a bit too overpowered. We are trimming our Ships like crazy just to get it 0.25 Knots faster and +1Knots is just too much. Also the Defender bonus is bit too strong too. The Officers should give you slight advantages but not make it too unbalanced

This.

Some of those bonuses just reek of magic.

And Determined Defender will revolutionize everything.

• Like 3

THANK YOU for putting proper latitude and longitude coordinates on the map. (zoom in and you will see the grid labels) :)

Before anybody starts, they are not proper, because of the earth curvature.

But as I glanced at them, they are a very welcome addition. :)

I'm almost ready to start filing for the removal of F11 coordinates. :P

I'm missing officer nationality bonuses.

Things like:

Dutch Officers - Trade bonus (born traders).

English Officers - More reload shock resistance (good ol English morale).

Swedish Officers - Better boarding offence (Vikings herritage!).

Danish Officers - Better boarding defence (Vikings herritage!).

French Officers - Better food... uhm :P More cannon accuracy?

Spanish Officers - More cannon damage (they just had everything bigger in those days :P).

I'm sure I forgot something, but just saying that giving nations unique perks would be fun. Balancing hell for dev, but fun. :P

• Like 2

• Officer can level up with the player opening new possibilities and options

What are the benefits of leveling my officer? Do stats slowly increase? or there are hidden perks?

leveling the officer gives points every level - officer gets xp when you get xp

you use points on opening perks - every perk has its own price

• Like 4

I'm missing officer nationality bonuses.

Things like:

Dutch Officers - Trade bonus (born traders).

English Officers - More reload shock resistance (good ol English morale).

Swedish Officers - Better boarding offence (Vikings herritage!).

Danish Officers - Better boarding defence (Vikings herritage!).

French Officers - Better food... uhm :P More cannon accuracy?

Spanish Officers - More cannon damage (they just had everything bigger in those days :P).

I'm sure I forgot something, but just saying that giving nations unique perks would be fun. Balancing hell for dev, but fun. :P

Pirates - faster sailing?

Hell yeah screw diplomacy and pirate rework!  We have realistic fishing map of the Caribbean!  Got this play back...

As long as you are not getting tired of whining I will try not to get tired of explaining it to you.

Some things take more time to develop than others. Developers have a roadmap of things they want to implement for the game. Some things take longer than others. We were promised a content patch every month. And that is what we are getting. So be grateful and patient. Stop the crying.

As you may have noticed: your post was the first troll post in this thread :-(

• Like 12

its coming

it was not switched off for other reasons (bug related)

hmmm well ... fine ... it will be instant brutal death for the game if you have to sail everything by your own ... i mean .. i dont play a game ... to watch a big santisima sailing for like 10 hours just to get it somewhere else i mean ... i play a game to get rid of boredom ... not to be bored

• Like 6

Hell yeah screw diplomacy and pirate rework!  We have realistic fishing map of the Caribbean!  Got this player back...

You are a true tester. We appreciate you are helping us build the most beautiful naval game of all times.   

• Like 9