Game-Labs Forum

How many frigates does it take to get a Ingermanland BP?

Forget about drops, lvl up your craft to 50 first. Then it will be a solid drop rate when building gold ships. 

This.

After I started on another server I had to acquire all the BP with crafting level 50 again. I would like to stress that BPs drop fine for me- usually it only takes one exceptional ship to get the required BP. I would assume this is due to my level, not only sheer luck.

I'm sure it is related to level... anyway, it doesn't make any sense for me in this way. 

It can't be based on "luck". I'm level 37 now, I crafted many frigates (6,7 gold frig to get Trinc), now I'm at 7th gold trinc and no drops yet. 

And there are many that got the bp at the first try.

So, luck can be a factor but here it is too much into account.

Once again, it doesn't make sense and it is unrealistic. There is already the leveling up to grant you a learning curve, but if I'm at a certain level I expect I can drop it or, if I'm above that ship building level, I must learn the bp by breaking it up. 

Right now, with the fact that you can't cap AI ships (and I agree with it), there are less big ships and more attention on how to use them, but if you make to me impossible or totally luck based for me to craft a bigger ship after I spent so much time crafting and learning... then it makes me unhappy with the game. 

Sorry for the long post :)

And one more golden frigate done for nothing tonight ...

Also on my last 9 ships crafted, 8 were golden ones , 8 came out with speed built in , the 9th ship was a cutter basic quality, a cheap attempt for the pickle using little hours and no notes and i sold it immediately to the npc's without even looking at stats to see if it was speed or stiffness, might have been speed and a 9/9 speed roll . 

Seriously what are the odds of releasing so many ships with speed built-in in a row ? I made 70+ ships before this lucky speed roll started, mostly gold ones, never had more than 3 speed in a row before getting stiffness again, and now 8 last ships or maybe the 9 last ships come out with speed ... 

outputs i had :

Stiffness
Speed
Speed
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Stiffness
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Speed
Speed
Stiffness
Stiffness
Speed
Speed
Speed
Stiffness
Speed
Speed
Stiffness
Stiffness
Speed
Speed
Stiffness
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Speed
Speed
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Stiffness
Stiffness
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Speed
Speed
Stiffness
Stiffness
Speed
Stiffness
Stiffness
Speed
Speed
Speed
Speed
Speed
Speed
Speed
Speed

Can't just be the lvl 50 luck or bad luck, something is messed up here, i will make another cutter gold this time for the pickle and see what happens but i bet i will again get absolutely nothing out of this like few days ago with the last cutter gold i made ... Or another mercury gold to not get he Niagara missing in my list of BP's in the end like the last time i did one  ... 

The lesson learned here is I should not go to Vegas.  I have a hell of a lot better luck with roulette and black jack than I do with this elusive BP.  If only BP's you already know still dropped, I would happily buy one of these instead.  

Wind, on 05 May 2016 - 1:46 PM, said:

Forget about drops, lvl up your craft to 50 first. Then it will be a solid drop rate when building gold ships. 

I am craft lvl 50 for quite some time now and besides the Ingermanland BP also very much looking forward to actually being able to craft a Privateer some day. ;)

Lucky you. I'm trying to craft LGV and Trinco for my personnal use. At this point crafted 3 of each and all with stiffness trim. 6 in a row almost makes me cry. This has reached the point where i would better just buy the ship than actually craft it :/ .  Also seeing my luck and what are people reporting, I'm not even starting crafting frigates for Inger BP. I would probably get one in 2020 and some grey hair with it.

Made a brig gold today trying the Navy and mortar brig BP's that i miss in my collection, came out with speed again, the lucky speed roll continues, at least this time i got the mortar brig BP + 1 low grade note, sadly no luck for the Navy brig, will try a quick cheap quality cutter with the note dropped and see if i get any luck for the pickle, then will see if i go for the ingermanland again doing frigates or do something more useful for the Nation instead ...

I can confirm I got an Ingermandland BP drop on my FIRST frigate, a basic one on top of that at craft level 27! On the other hand before that I crafted 3 - 4 gold mercury's to get a surprise or ren BP, but got nothing for it.

I can confirm I got an Ingermandland BP drop on my FIRST frigate, a basic one on top of that at craft level 27! On the other hand before that I crafted 3 - 4 gold mercury's to get a surprise or ren BP, but got nothing for it.

That's RNG for you I suppose.  I just wish I knew (roughly) to what degree quality/crafter lvl affected drops.  

Maybe a system (like has been proposed before me) that let's you choose a BP every 5 levels or so would be better.  You wouldn't be able to make all ships, but you could at least choose the ones you did want to make.  It might make crafters more specialized.  It would also be cool if certain crafters could unlock skills like making speed upgrades, etc.  I don't know.  It would be nice to have some more crafter skills.  However you run the risk everyone just choosing whatever helps the current flavor of the month.

Edited by McFatts

That's RNG for you I suppose.  I just wish I knew (roughly) to what degree quality/crafter lvl affected drops.  

Maybe a system (like has been proposed before me) that let's you choose a BP every 5 levels or so would be better.  You wouldn't be able to make all ships, but you could at least choose the ones you did want to make.  It might make crafters more specialized.  It would also be cool if certain crafters could unlock skills like making speed upgrades, etc.  I don't know.  It would be nice to have some more crafter skills.  However you run the risk everyone just choosing whatever helps the current flavor of the month.

The good thing with the current system is that it motivates crafters to create ships, and put them on the market. If you could choose a BP every 5 levels, they would just build trader cutters forever and only build big ships if people order them or if they need one themselves. This mechanic keeps the economy going, it puts ships on the market, etc.

It would be good to have an insight in the game mechanics behind it, if it indeed depends on the craft level, quality of the ship, etc...

Would be good to have a chart, so people would understand why they don't have the ingermanland BP after 12 or more frigates.

With the new crew system comming, we could implement a research building option, so you can put X crew in there for X amount of time to create a blanco blueprint you could use when building a ship, and get your chances incresed for a blueprint drop or multiple drops.

I have built a lot of Frigates ... also 2 exepts ... and no Ingermanland BP yet

I think in future there shouldn't be the chance at only one ship to drop a BP ... or it should be possible to get the BP by capping an Ingermanland-AI-Ship.

Regards

Berend

10 exeptionals and still counting 

lvl 45 now 

no inger and trinco

i have team mates who gave up,  me included...,

this is one of the dumbest things in this game .

also known as RNG

overhaul please

Edited by Thonys

10 exeptionals and still counting 

lvl 45 now 

no inger and trinco

i have team mates who gave up,  me included...,

this is one of the dumbest things in this game .

also known as RNG

overhaul please

I thought making 6 wants bad to get the Trinco BP but 10+ without either, that is rough.