Game-Labs Forum

Fast teleport pirate outpost exploit.

Pirates can use a 'exploit' giving his ships to a friend then they start a battle, where the donor will capture his ship again, when he get his ship back just select the outpost where they want this ship to be.

Might be possible to deny somehow this options? Checking if the ship that you captured was yours 15min ago?

Also they can share ships with their clan for example you make a bellona, u let ur pirate friends capture you 2 times, nice now u dont have 1 bellona with 3 lives, you have 3 bellonas with 1 lives for all your crew!

#Smart Pirate

Edited by Almirante Jimi

As far as I know a consti (5 lives) can be sended to 5 outposts..? Before being lost.

constitution are 4 durability only, and who care about a constitution atm? will u go defend far away ports in a conni?

btw u can simply attack an AI ship, board him and do the same thing...

I think you will find it is an exploit because your ship is now in 2 places thus bypassing the issue of teleporting to a battle where your ship isn't.   There is of course a down side which is the duro spliting but you are exploiting a function designed to allow you to capture ships to increase you number of ships in a way it was not intended.

What is better 2 fights defended with 1 Duro Santi OR 1 fight defended with a 2 Duro Santi

it is in common use for avoiding sailing somewhere to drop a ship off....but then that should be a feature or at least you should be able to fleet your own ships with skele crews

the non exploit version of this would be the devs making a button you can push to clone your ship losing a duro in a port or a menu somewhere. 

Edited by Fastidius

If two people of the same clan each want to send a boat, one can just sail out in a basic cutter or a small ship. Let the big ship attack the small ship, just let his mate sail up to him cap that ship. In the end screen he could just commandeer the small ship and send his big ship to wherever he needs it. Costs one dura of a cheap ship, thats nothing.

Nations can do this, but they need to find a trader, usualy far outside of the capital. They need to cap the moving trader, not a guy sitting still in the water. So any big ship like santi's doing this solo, will need a bit of time to cap the enemy ship. Or need a mate with a fast ship to bring the traders sails down, the santi has to sail up next to it board it, send his ship to the other side of the map and just TP to his outpost there. This will take you 30 minutes at best for a TP. Pirates doing this will probably take 15 minutes.

I am realy curious with what the devs will come up with for the pirate nation....

• Like 1

If two people of the same clan each want to send a boat, one can just sail out in a basic cutter or a small ship. Let the big ship attack the small ship, just let his mate sail up to him cap that ship. In the end screen he could just commandeer the small ship and send his big ship to wherever he needs it. Costs one dura of a cheap ship, thats nothing.

Nations can do this, but they need to find a trader, usualy far outside of the capital. They need to cap the moving trader, not a guy sitting still in the water. So any big ship like santi's doing this solo, will need a bit of time to cap the enemy ship. Or need a mate with a fast ship to bring the traders sails down, the santi has to sail up next to it board it, send his ship to the other side of the map and just TP to his outpost there. This will take you 30 minutes at best for a TP. Pirates doing this will probably take 15 minutes.

I am realy curious with what the devs will come up with for the pirate nation....

Thats the point! Also waiting for a admin reply.

Just to be clear it does not have to be a trader it can be any ship they can cap. I will not argue the pirates can do this easier but the mechanic at the end of the day is there for everyone. Personally, I doubt this is really much of an issue to be honest. Everyone uses the mechanic but I don't think pirates are using this to somehow rapidly deploy strike teams all over the map. Pirates might have plenty of other issues but this one I'd rank pretty low on the priority list. However, I have said numerous times dating back to early open world testing that pirate vs pirate, while a cool feature, was just asking to exploited in a million different ways. It's caused way more headaches than benefits if you ask me and results in developers wasting time trying to figure out ways to address them....

Less of an exploit, more of a clever use of unfinished game mechanics in this case. It's an option that's available for any player who caps an enemy ship, and in this way the Pirates lose durability as many others have mentioned making it not a productive use for them to exploit their green on green tag mechanic.

in this way it lose 1 durability, so no exploit

You have a Bellona with 2 duras and your friend has a Bellona with 1 dura. No exploit? Get capped by another friend and you all have a Bellona with 1 dura. And you can send the ships straight to a free port. No exploit? Well there are several exploits which were also used by the pirates. Actually the biggest nation with the biggest advantage.

constitution are 4 durability only, and who care about a constitution atm? will u go defend far away ports in a conni?

I don't know how good the crafted pirate ships are but the bellonas and pavels are still better. Even crafted 3rd rates are better than any AI ship. And you can do it even faster. For sure for pirates not an issue and I bet you will never report any issues of pirate mechanics. Why should you? It's your advantage and you do everything but helping the devs.

Its because you dont understand pirate mechanics.

Pirates can attack each other, BUT - any other pirate can join the battle on side of the defender (and only on his side and they do it to sunk him than). So if you do it in front of a town, a bunch of players join and attack your ship.

Its much easier to just find a npc and do it and you dont need a partner then (even if its much easier to do it with a fast partner). And of course any other nation can do this.

Sorry but this is again just a try to misscredit pirates, but i would really like to see the pirates are allowed to attack pirates mechanic removed, one of the biggest disadvantages for our nation (you cant even sail with a trader without beeing attacked by your own nation without any convoy protecting you)...

• Like 1

With the Constitution being the strongest ship available for deep water ports that aren't regional capitals, I guess it will see a lot of use for that.

Its because you dont understand pirate mechanics.

Pirates can attack each other, BUT - any other pirate can join the battle on side of the defender (and only on his side and they do it to sunk him than). So if you do it in front of a town, a bunch of players join and attack your ship.

Its much easier to just find a npc and do it and you dont need a partner then (even if its much easier to do it with a fast partner). And of course any other nation can do this.

Sorry but this is again just a try to misscredit pirates, but i would really like to see the pirates are allowed to attack pirates mechanic removed, one of the biggest disadvantages for our nation (you cant even sail with a trader without beeing attacked by your own nation without any convoy protecting you)...

Pirates are not supposed to be a Nation in the first place...you are supposed to be a bunch of unruly outlaws!!!

Nations can do it as well not only Pirates. So let's begin from there...

Durability loss is an exchange for the apparent(!) advantage it gives. Admin/Devs are okay with this. Have been even confronted with the gun amount advantage, but still the durability loss is considered to be a counter mechanic which is valid enough not to worry about with the issue.