Game-Labs Forum

Final Leg of Le Tour de France [PVP1]

Wang

It has been a 3 week long race.  The First leg was long in Panama was initial hard fights around Playon, with the British front falling and allowing France to get a strong foothold in Panama.  The second leg was the British Nation responded in force, capturing back all Panama ports with the French escaping to the North Yuctan being handed ports by the Spanish.  The British front held throughout the week against relentless French/Spanish attacks. The third leg started off this weekend the French final bastion at Mugeres was captured.  Before it was captured a trader lynx escaped to Jagua, and the french were given a port by the Pirates.  The British responded by capturing surrounding ports around Jagua, but again a Traders lynx escaped the British Blockade to plant on another port given to the French by the Pirates at Manzanilla.  

Tonight the french were finally sent back home to Fort Royal as their last port at Manzanilla was captured.  It was a good race, that i know the British have enjoyed and glad to fight strong and organized nation that France is.  I do hope similar thoughts are shared by our French counter parts.

tourdefrance3.jpg

• Like 6

This war between the French and British has almost lasted as long as I've been on PVP1, and it almost saddens me to see it end. All the good fights with our classic historical rival, the French. However, where one enemy falls, another must take its place.....

• Like 1

Salutations to the French who tried to break the British blockade at Manzanilla today, as well as to the joint-British blockade that did not let a single French Ship of the Line through. I heard the French put up an extremely fierce fight at Manzanilla in the port battle, one of our own at SLRN even losing a Santisima in the process.

OUKLtVN.jpg

If there's one thing the French are good at, it's getting Brits to work together.

• Like 1

Funny. You are the pirates attacking? And then we get bored

Yes, did not expect that in Britain so many rude people. To play pvp decently can't. Very rare to find people who write "good fight", mostly insults. Let's respect each other.

Edited by TDS Rus
  • Like 2

Enriching experience these last 3 weeks (agree that it felt much longer).

I can now see that without a deep refactoring of PBs, the end game play is too broken to be of much interest. 

Just hope that the Land in Sight + RvR changes will come fast before players drift off to other games.....

Oh, still have outposts spread across the Caribbean so all is not lost ;) Time to put away my Bellona and refurbish my Renommee  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Manzanilla pb from my perspective...

You guys started very well that battle, staying upwind and keep defending against the british fleet. But the battle turn to your disavantage as soon as you go downwind, you guys should keep going upwind and defending against all the british fleet that will need to go against the wind to attack you. Just remenber, the british are attacking, they need to come to you, you are defenders you dont need to come to them but only try to stay upwind to prevent them to cut your line and last as long as possible, the time is on your side.

From a french following this campaign from the start, congratulations to English, you won !

Let 's hope the rules are reviewed for there may be other campaigns.

Dont hurry with the new campaign. Get some rest, we need to turn our fleets now to other 3 nations toddling around the British domain.  Anyway, gg wp and all that.

The french/spanish bought plenty of flags for Tantun Cuzimil, Tulm etc etc on the 10-12 timer that Australians defend.  We had decent sized battles at these ports.

20+ 2nd and 3rd rate ships on both sides for the battle of tulum, while the spanish sent 10+ 3rd rates for Xpu at the same time.

We jsut had more numbers :)

• Like 1

While i've been mostly taking a break the past week and a bit, i must say it was a good war at the start and i'm looking forward to coming back to playing again and versing a few new nations if at all possible. It would be nice if we got peace all around and had everyone's alliances shuffle for a change rather than it being against the Brits or US (in the case of the pirates) all the time as it partly seems to be these days from reading the forums.

• Like 1

While i've been mostly taking a break the past week and a bit, i must say it was a good war at the start and i'm looking forward to coming back to playing again and versing a few new nations if at all possible. It would be nice if we got peace all around and had everyone's alliances shuffle for a change rather than it being against the Brits or US (in the case of the pirates) all the time as it partly seems to be these days from reading the forums.

While I personally have no say in these matters, I agree. It's about time to shit alliances and move the fronts around!

• Like 1

While I personally have no say in these matters, I agree. It's about time to shit alliances and move the fronts around!

Not against the idea. But I still want that Cup of Tea! (And a British Flag, to have it has a trophy! :P )

• Like 1

Enriching experience these last 3 weeks (agree that it felt much longer).

I can now see that without a deep refactoring of PBs, the end game play is too broken to be of much interest. 

Just hope that the Land in Sight + RvR changes will come fast before players drift off to other games.....

Oh, still have outposts spread across the Caribbean so all is not lost ;) Time to put away my Bellona and refurbish my Renommee  :ph34r:

True that. It's too easy to attack ports. I always like the idea of the POTBS mechanic. And it would be more fun if we could send two big fleets out and fight each other instead of this out burning port attacking/defending and chasing multible flags. Mechanics are too broken and there are lot of possibilities for exploits for pb and flag buys.

I would like to have more action of balanced forces at sea and also smaller ships should have a big role during fights/pb.

And hopefully some pvp/pve events mission. They don't need to have big effect on the map they should just make fun.