Game-Labs Forum

Britain vs France - The Friendly War

Captain Underpants

San Andres last night was great. French were heavier, made the mistake of capping towers not destroying them and we managed a valient defence once we got there (Spanish screening fleet thought we would come from a different direction).

There was no smacking in chat, just tipping of hats and pleasantries exchanged.

Edited by Mighty Bouff
  • Like 2

I have to say I have encountered nice and friendly people when I could fight... Did some OW battle and my first shallow port defense at Haulover yesterday. It was fun!

But it's not over I hope :) We still have a few fights to come.

Haulover was excellent. Our late reinforcements won us the battle, you had it up till then

You call that mud?

Capturing replacement ports is a tactical necessity for France. If they defended battles instead of taking new ports, even a 50:50 win/loss ratio would quickly see them lose their fragile footholds in the region. Britain has plentiful forts and fleets compared to France, and you are blaming them for not playing to your strengths?

More like throwing pink skittles, not mud.

Yep, not defending ports and taking new ports has been working SO WELL for them. Try pressing M in game once.

Besides, you're remarkably misinformed if you think it's just the French. There are full 25-ship fleets of DK-RUS and Espana fighting along with them.

Edited by Quineloe

No salt here but I must say that this attack has once again shown how broken these PBs are.

Not going to go through the long list I've posted to many times already on this forum but I'd like to point out the following concerning this campaign.

- The English realized that they could not win a war on 3 (or more!) fronts so they smartly screwed all the timers by putting them at 4am. Lousy fun but hey, logical move.

- The French think that hey can defend 14 ports at once and put all the timers at the same time. Disaster of course.

Now that we are all back home, maybe the smart generals can think this over....

And don't tell me that this lead to massive fun and battles because the area out there is far to great for 50 plus ships to defend. Most ports where captured with no defense and people started getting bored and decided there was better things to do with their play time.

My 2 cents (not salts, hey ;)  )

• Like 4

San Andres last night was great. French were heavier, made the mistake of capping towers not destroying them and we managed a valient defence once we got there (Spanish screening fleet thought we would come from a different direction).

There was no smacking in chat, just tipping of hats and pleasantries exchanged.

We pulled this battle out of the fire. Shout out to SINK. Only had to ask one person to relax in the battle :P  [not even sure if he was a member of SINK]. I had a blast sailing and battling with all of you this past weekend.

• Like 1

Sigh. I know you've lost a lot of heavy ships, but do try and not be too salty. It has been an excellent fight. We were fighting for hours against you yesterday and it was excellent.

I don't care about pixel, if i don't want to lose a ship i can go on pve.

We had good fight because we have taken your ports during the night at 4am and we  put normal timer at 20 pm. That is the ONLY reason  we have good fights.

And after you place again shit timer. 

Edited by Aria
  • Like 4

We had good fight because we have taken your ports during the night at 4am and we  put normal timer at 20 pm. That is the ONLY reason  we have good fights.

Britian is under attack from 4 different nations. France, Danes, Spanish, and pirates. It is in our best interest to end the fight as quickly as possible. Our nation also is spread out over every time zone on the server. Timers are being set that way to end the fight so we can focus on other areas. Sorry man that's how it's gotta be till RVR gets reworked.

Good fights though. I loved bringing the cavalry to save the day and Haulover!

Britian is under attack from 4 different nations. France, Danes, Spanish, and pirates. It is in our best interest to end the fight as quickly as possible. Our nation also is spread out over every time zone on the server. Timers are being set that way to end the fight so we can focus on other areas. Sorry man that's how it's gotta be till RVR gets reworked.

Good fights though. I loved bringing the cavalry to save the day and Haulover!

I keep reading the same petty excuse even though you can set timers that please everyone, It is obvious by now that it has nothing to do with the player's timezones in your nation, it's plain abuse of game mechanics (Or exploiting as some like to call it) to basically cancel out everyone else.

• Like 1

It has been pretty great so far. Even if there was some minus: some day without real Resistance from your part, probably trying to stop the Pirates and cie.

There was also some timer, but hey. I guess it's War. (In fact, for sometimes, we were bored because they was NO resistance. :/ Same thing happened yesterday probably because of the period we are in.)

You're right that we didn't defend at some points and also right that this was because we were fighting on so many fronts and had to concentrate our forces. Unfortunately that did mean we could not give you guys the attention you deserved! I think you are also probably right about the port-timers and I expect the British leaders felt that they had no other option. To be fair, all nations do this when pushed - it's certainly not exclusive to any faction.

Generally I think it makes better sense tactically to set timers staggered during peak time as the defending nation should then always have 25 ships available to defend against 25 attackers whereas numbers cannot be guaranteed at night either way and it only takes a few extra attackers staying up to attack successfully.

Please keep this thread friendly guys and free of saltiness and arguments etc - that iwas not the purpose of my post.

Edited by Captain Underpants
  • Like 1

I keep reading the same petty excuse even though you can set timers that please everyone, It is obvious by now that it has nothing to do with the player's timezones in your nation, it's plain abuse of game mechanics (Or exploiting as some like to call it) to basically cancel out everyone else.

"everyone" is supposed to exclude those who aren't European of course, because our 18-22 timers are early morning for them.

Call it a petty excuse all you want, you can't deny the world is round

We Danish had the same problem, that we had to wake up in the middle of the night to fight a port battle with the brits, while all ours were set during the day. People can only do it ever so long before they totally burn out. And clans had to bitch alot to get players onboard with it. I see the smaller nations burning themselves out now. They often have to scrape together enough players to just have enough for one PB, without much of screening. They rarely get influx of new players, like the ones now comming over from PVP2 who joins mostly brits and pirates. And I predict that pretty soon most of the players will be playing either British or Pirates.

The only success that the smaller nation have had so far, have only been thanks to the dedication of a small group of hardcore players.

Edited by Erik Eriksen
  • Like 10

And here comes the bickering and arguing. So few people can simply say 'good game', 'we'll have you next time' etc.

Yes, it is interesting how the "good game, old chaps!" usually comes primarily from the winning side.

Is it true that port timers are being adjusted to times that are outside of when the war actually occurred? Doesn't sound like PVP1 is a very fun place to be.

What's troubling me is that the British nation ports are spread throught all the possible timers, being the 10-12 Timer the one that has the most ports and that exact timeframe being when there are least players overall on the whole british nation/server. This is a serious flaw of the game that is actively driving people from the game.

What brits don't get is that people is not really complaining about port timers because they cannot win it's because they cannot even play the game the way it's right now. I've taken ports at those timers and there is literally nobody coming to defend them.

• Like 7

I quite enjoyed the fights even when i was getting my ass handed to me by the french when they first came down. The french players have been most enjoyable to fight, The pirates who fight to the last ship and then end the battle with "GG", "Fun battle" are absolutely second whether win or loss they stay the same. Anyway, Shout outs to Bougainville and Charognard! Enjoyed the fights and exchange of pleasantries i've had with you both and the other french players over the weeks.

• Like 2

European server, european timer. 

European LOCATED server. International/Global playerbase. There are/were even chinese players(or so i've heard) on the server. The server is not locked to only European IPs to join it, if you set only European timers you eliminate the playerbase in a different way instead. There are problems with timers both ways. The US nation on PvP 1 being mostly US players would have trouble for example. Edit: Even if there was only EU players on PvP1, Russia for example has 9 time zones, you could probably similar timers still because of certain Russian players peak times, it can't be helped unless the timer mechanic itself is changed. And yes, i'm well aware that not all timers set in awkward times for EU players are set by  or for people in other time zones, several nations are or have done it for various reasons. It's appearant that things do need to change with timers though.

But anyway, This thread is NOT a port battle timer or EU people only on PVP1 type of discussion.

Edited by Alexander Reher
  • Like 1

What's troubling me is that the British nation ports are spread throught all the possible timers, being the 10-12 Timer the one that has the most ports and that exact timeframe being when there are least players overall on the whole british nation/server. This is a serious flaw of the game that is actively driving people from the game.

What brits don't get is that people is not really complaining about port timers because they cannot win it's because they cannot even play the game the way it's right now. I've taken ports at those timers and there is literally nobody coming to defend them.

I have to agree on this, we probably lost half of the French forces when we had to take empty ports / 4AM ones.

European LOCATED server. International/Global playerbase. There are/were even chinese players(or so i've heard) on the server. The server is not locked to only European IPs to join it, if you set only European timers you eliminate the playerbase in a different way instead. There are problems with timers both ways. The US nation on PvP 1 being mostly US players would have trouble for example. Edit: Even if there was only EU players on PvP1, Russia for example has 9 time zones, you could probably similar timers still because of certain Russian players peak times, it can't be helped unless the timer mechanic itself is changed. And yes, i'm well aware that not all timers set in awkward times for EU players are set by  or for people in other time zones, several nations are or have done it for various reasons. It's appearant that things do need to change with timers though.

But anyway, This thread is NOT a port battle timer or EU people only on PVP1 type of discussion.

Problem is, because of theses timers. People are actually LEAVING the game, and not on US or Australian side, but ALSO on EU because of that.

So yeah, if I had to choose over loosing US and Non-EU player, or everybody from everyplace. I'd rather have EU only.

People on US are leaving other PvP server because some already did that and thus the PvP 1 got bigger population. AND IT CREATE EVEN MORE PROBLEM.

Seriously, if every US go back to US server, the population on other PVP server woud already be much better.

People on US are leaving other PvP server because some already did that and thus the PvP 1 got bigger population. AND IT CREATE EVEN MORE PROBLEM.

This is one reason I have held back from moving to PVP1:

It's going to be a Euro server so even when you don't have players being intentional trolls when setting port timers, actual legitimate port timers will be too early in the day for US players to fight in and vice versa. I would attack a port and set the time to 02-04 which is going to be way too late for most Europeans to want to attack but is a good time for me. (04-06 is legit prime time for U.S. west coast.)

Moving to PVP1 really does not solve anything and seems likely to make people quit the game even faster overall.

The real fix is going to be "a better system for port flipping" but that's going to take time.

Edited by Slamz