Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

I didn't want to involve in this thread but few things has to be said:.

1) What schock me the most:

- Russian are a part of mankind. There is nice russian and not nice russian. Russian are not an ingame nation. Calling a nation "russian" in the way to insult it or trying to show people that a nation is most played by russian is just racist.

It's like if africaner would play mostly french racist people would named us african insteed of frog^^.

Don't fall in racism pz, i love the game and it don't need it.

That's really not what racism is. The vast majority of DK-RUS players we've faced so far were RUS. They identify themselves as such. They actually put "Russian" into their clan name. I don't see any of _them_ complaining about being called Russians.

By the way, you slandering people as "trolls" for voicing their opinion is just as wrong.

Kierrip, the voice of good reasoning as usual. However I wouldn't go so far as to say that people are being racist, no one has said anything against the Russian players in our community as far as I can remember.

I wasn't surprised as soon as CSNF declared they were 'neutral' to Britain I personally knew you'd give it a week or two then declare war. It made sense to me, with Britain being the central nation, but also fighting on multiple fronts already, France was bound to jump on the band wagon and see what hey can get out of it. I was surprised that France allied with the Dane- Norge though. I was expecting an alliance with the Dutch, I guess if that was on the cards, the Swedish would've derailed that plan with their attacks on the Dutch.

It seems that the only intelligent people of the server are americans players. They are clever enough to see that they are no match for us, the British Empire. And Im quite sure that is not a matter of cowardice.

The United States Navy could swing south and recapture the Gulf and Yucatan from the British faster than the British captured it from the Spanish, and British Council knows that. That's why they approached US leadership last week seeking a ceasefire. The US, having achieved its territorial ambitions weeks ago and consulting with its allies about rapprochement with Britain, saw no real reason to deny the proposal (as it does at least solidifies American claims in the western frontier, something that could never be negotiated with the Dons).

Especially with the Royal Navy's inability to push back against the Danes and pirate hordes, I would not go insulting the only faction *not* at war with you. But then again, you're just some new player that thinks that since you've finally got a Cerberus that you suddenly know everything about this game.

• Like 1

The United States Navy could swing south and recapture the Gulf and Yucatan from the British faster than the British captured it from the Spanish, and British Council knows that. That's why they approached US leadership last week seeking a ceasefire. The US, having achieved its territorial ambitions weeks ago and consulting with its allies about rapprochement with Britain, saw no real reason to deny the proposal (as it does at least solidifies American claims in the western frontier, something that could never be negotiated with the Dons).

Especially with the Royal Navy's inability to push back against the Danes and pirate hordes, I would not go insulting the only faction *not* at war with you. But then again, you're just some new player that thinks that since you've finally got a Cerberus that you suddenly know everything about this game.

Very weird way of stating facts.  I know you enjoy rp, but quiet a different representation from the truth. :P

• Like 1

I didn't want to involve in this thread but few things has to be said:.

1) What schock me the most:

- Russian are a part of mankind. There is nice russian and not nice russian. Russian are not an ingame nation. Calling a nation "russian" in the way to insult it or trying to show people that a nation is most played by russian is just racist.

It's like if africaner would play mostly french racist people would named us african insteed of frog^^.

Don't fall in racism pz, i love the game and it don't need it.

2) We don't have to reveal you our plan neitehr our intern negociation. The choice we are macking are made in the interest on our nation. Atm, our best choice is to attack britain

3) There is no more anger with british players than it has been with dutch captain during the war. War is a bad time, many sailer will die but many players wil enjoy it as it's what the games is about.

4) About diplomacy, i see many one trying to troll this topic, english first as exepted, few french players and people around with popcorn. This thread is a diplomatic thread dealing with declaration. An official counter declaration would had have sense

Explain to me how it is going to be good for you to be fighting on the wrong side of the map and antagonising a nation that has already shown it has the capability to take a faction down to effectively one port?

You remember when RAE had 80 players down in Panama, and still lost? That was before we'd improved our tactics with countless battles against the Danes and Pirates, stocked up fleets worth of 3rd Rates and set all the timers for our best operating hours.

Explain to me how it is going to be good for you to be fighting on the wrong side of the map and antagonising a nation that has already shown it has the capability to take a faction down to effectively one port?

You remember when RAE had 80 players down in Panama, and still lost? That was before we'd improved our tactics with countless battles against the Danes and Pirates, stocked up fleets worth of 3rd Rates and set all the timers for our best operating hours.

Because while you clench your teeth, we enjoy the game :) It's much more fun to fight a new opponent and see new lands than to be stuck in the same port battle over and over and over again.

F*** politics. I wish us a merry, merry war ;3

• Like 1

It is funny to see how most of French-Dutch-Swede comments on wars and battles can be basically summed up in "GG, keep them coming", but when Brits are involved it is always insults flying around...

Edited by Wyspa
  • Like 4

It is funny to see how most of French-Dutch-Swede comments on wars and battles can be basically summed up in "GG, keep them coming", but when Brits are involved it is always insults flying around...

That's not how I recall our exchanges with PFK  :lol:

We're all Europe, please don't forget that, oh sorry it's the wrong century! lol

Let's all hug and make up, and maybe GL can create the Americas Cup sailing game for us, no battle just manual sailing  :D After all, this thread should really be Titled "France declare War on The British and no fighting ensues!"

• Like 1

This is my first multi-player persistent game - and from the start I wondered what the effect of having actual nationalities reflected in such a game would be.

And it is is getting weird - it's like people are actually taking this war seriously

I love a bit of RP but some of these posts actually sound less like RP than a real bitterness coming to the surface - perhaps we need to watch this and not get too carried away? Particularly not take the opinion of one player to be representative of all their nation?

We are just game players. We do it for fun.

• Like 6

Britain's attitude towards our common allies RAE...

There be the problem… BLACK had plenty o run ins with them RAE scoundrels back in closed alpha, lest trustworthy than a hungry monkey in a banana farm!  

• Like 6

Indeed. Definitely a cool chair. Way, way cooler than a lion with one mast stuck in his head, and the other up his...

Honestly, why hurt a poor little animal like that? Why do you have to hurt our little brothers of animal kingdom!? Is your propaganda really worth it!?