Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.65 - Crew and resource production

admin

Blueprint learning chances were increased significantly if you are (based on player feedback)

1) higher level in crafting

2) craft an exceptional ship

Because blueprints won't be saved during potential resets (only crafting level) its not a problem. 

of course that was what has been asked for to make it more balanced so that every player that is currently crafting ships to get a bp at some point.

but from a constitution that u get 3 separate bps and even the Pavel that is not in direct line of the constitution is normal ?

In my opinion only 1 bp drops whenever u are lucky to drop one and a gradient system for higher tiers, can be anything that is in direct line of the current BP but its whatever u guys find "normal"

So it is more people get bps for smaller stuff and gets more difficult over time with higher grade ships

While I generally like changes to crafting and economy, I do have a small suggestion regarding crew management. Is it possible to add a 4 option menu to sailing and gunnery so that I can choose if I want 25/50/75/100% of capacity assigned to these tasks. Right now I can't turn yards or lower/raise sails with 0 sailors - that makes sense. If I want faster reload and want to assign more of my crew to gunnery while being able to execute basic (albeit slow) maneuvers, however, I have to switch sailing on/off repeatedly in order to maintain sufficient sailing numbers. Imagining how in real life that would mean that my crew is constantly running from gun decks to sails and back is hilarious, but I'd prefer to manage my crew more efficiently and have more options on how I want my ship to operate in a number of different situations without having to repeatedly hit on/off switch for sailing. 

Solution: unbalanced BR ratio reduces / removes kill and assist XP for attackers and boosts damage XP for defenders.  Also, some sort of loss mitigation via surrender would help.

We thought of that and have the prototype ready but it is not out for one reason.

It helps majority of players BUT allows several wonderful exploits for exploiters

For example you bring 20 ships into battle which do nothing and power level another guy who gets boosted XP

• Like 1

Anyone else notice a speed decrease? I've been trying to make the fastest ship possible. I have Fir Renommee with exception built-in speed. Only green copper plate at the moment because I'm saving up for exceptional. No speed trim yet, because I'm also saving up for exceptional. Yesterday I did some testing on it:

Listed top speed: 15.55 Knots

Actual top speed in battle with guns loaded (longs on side, carronade rear): 14.5 Knots

Actual top speed with no guns: 15.5 Knots

Open World Max number: 26 Knots

That was yesterday. 

Today I did the exact same test with the exact same loadout:

Listed top speed: 14.88 Knots

Actual top speed in battle with same gun as yesterday: 13.9 Knots

Actual top speed with no guns: 14.8

Open world Max number: 24 knots

All speeds tested at around 35 degrees, although I did try different angles.

Not sure if this was intended or not. 

Any pirates with ships or resources  stored at Camp de Roy got screwed with this patch. You can no longer enter or teleport to CDR since it is a neutral port now to move them to another port. It considers you as the enemy.

As a current french player, I have to say switching Camp Du Roy to a neutral port should have happened during a server wipe, not a patch.  I hate Pirates as much, if not more, than the next player, but this screwed over a lot of pirate players.

It's a great patch on many aspects. But especially with the PVP reward I feel like you're taking the completely wrong direction.

I also wonder if crafting third rates will become even more unattractive.

Again i don't understand the sources of your concerns

PVP Rewards for doing something (killing and assisting) were increased significantly compared to yesterday ( previous versions). 

Now if you focus fire and sink at least one ship you will be rewarded more than before. Not only that. you now get hefty financial rewards for pvp kills and assists which did not exist before. What do you mean by the wrong direction?

• Like 1

Unfortunately it will.  Gankers always get kills. Gankees almost never do (due to repair and exit mechanics).

Simpler solution: no extra rewards for gankee, but kill and assist XP is removed for side with more than 2:1 advantage. (And there is a logical and historical justification: a captain's career would not be advanced as quickly fighting only with advantage.)

Looking forward to the challenge. Going to be interesting to see what clans organize this well. Obviously some balance issues, etc. but that is to be expected. 

Primary concern going forward, that as these systems become more complex, organized, and time consuming that (potential) wipes will very quickly become serious population killers. Realize we keep XP and Gold. However, if a clan spends a couple of weeks securing advantageous areas, building dockyards, production buildings, etc... I am not going to lie even I would have issues sticking around. I fully get that we are here to test new systems, and that wipes are necessary from time to time. Just slightly worried about what is undoubtedly compounding issue. 

Only shipyards.

This is a multiplayer game sir.  One person isn't supposed to be able to do it all.   :)

Team up with some other people and rule the market!

Before I forget:

1) I just  built a silver mine in a neutral harbor. So it's not shipyards only.

2)  not on PvE server. There multiplayer exists in theory only. Pls don't forget that. It's more than annoying already that the devs forget it.

Impressions so far:

Pros:

New UI font is cleaner and crisper and looks far better.

Ships feel much more realistic in their handling in battle. 

Crew management isn't any more tedious then before.

Cons:

Graphical performance seems to have taken a large hit. Before the patch on maximum settings using FSAA and no MSAA I was getting 39-45 fps. Now I get 31-36 fps with the same settings as pre patch.

Boarding is now a bit more tedious, while increasing brace prep costs removes the just brace until you exhaust the AI preperation boredom it means you are in the button click menu of boredom even longer.

Bugs:

Trader Snows show having 11 guns showing at ports now in battle and the AI will aggressively attack you, despite only actually having the usual 6 carronades.

• Like 1

I love the changes of the new patch! But it was mentioned before that economies of scale would maybe be applied.
For example: 1 person with 5 gold mines yields more output that 5 persons with 1 gold mine.

Is this plan still being considered or out of the window?

• Like 1

I am little confused with the new crew system.

When sailing my Trinco (full crew+ extra hammocks) there was like 430 men requierement to fully man the guns department. My crew was split between sailing 80/120 and gunnery 250/430. I wanted to prioritize the sailing focus over the gunnery, but the only way I was able to do it was to turn the gunnery focus completely off.  Seems like gunnery has priority over other departments. 

Gunnery: So my gunnery department was filled with crew 250/430. The reload time was pretty quick when I was shooting only 1 broadside. When there was opportunity to fire simultanously both broadsides then the reload was weird. The reload indicator looked like everything was loaded, but only half the number of guns appeared in the circle as reloaded. I guess this has something to do with firing 2 broadsides. Teoreticaly I would need all 430 men assigned to the guns (not possible because trinco has only 330 crew) to reload all guns at max speed. So when the crew completed reloading one side, they  moved to reload the rest of the guns. This could cause the gun reload indicators issues, because nobody was probably operating some guns and so the indicator showed full broadside ready with only half guns actualy ready to fire. 

Boarding bug. All worked OK until I hit the Attack button. The prediction of casualties was missing. There was Fire power:0 and Melee:0. When the turn ended my attack did standard dmg killing 35 enemies while losing 5 men. Do you experience the same problem?

Edited by Porpoise

Again i don't understand the sources of your concerns

PVP Rewards for doing something (killing and assisting) were increased significantly compared to yesterday ( previous versions). 

Now if you focus fire and sink at least one ship you will be rewarded more than before. Not only that. you now get hefty financial rewards for pvp kills and assists which did not exist before. What do you mean by the wrong direction?

My concern is a game that only rewards winners while sending losers back to PVE grinding is a game that will have losers quit the game, leaving only winners - which then turns some of the winners into losers, who will then in turn quit.

• Like 1

Will the XP-assist earning encourage ganking?

Ganking is not bad, that make big battle :)

No money problems .
89k Gold from Battle + 5k Gold reward from Mission. Less 10k for ship repair :)

311310_screenshots_20160310173.jpg

Me i am around 50 000 for 1 days, money probleme :ph34r: