Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.65 - Crew and resource production

admin

Right before this update was released I was working on crafting parts for an exceptional live oak cerberus. When I got off last night all I needed to craft was two more crafting notes (now high craft notes). Apart from the crafting notes will I have to go back out and get more resources for crafting material or was crafting notes only change to building a ship. (delivering material to another player.)

So again traders speed was nerfed but this time it was done ninja style , before patch speed in orange color :

968146TradersNerf.png

Traders are the most easy thing to catch and the most easy way to get a lot of money quickly, yet you reduce again the speed to be sure it becomes free meat for everybody ... plus with the production buildings producing things at the minimum price we can find in shops and NPC production soon reduced or gone will there be any point in continue trading ? 

Even before the first speed nerf traders were easy meat, you nerfed them once so everybody and his dog was able to catch one and collect in less than 8 minutes ... Apparently it was not enough for those doing this all day long and getting an insane amount of money doing so by selling the loot, the ships and canons when there is some ... Now you make sure traders can be caught by everything with zero effort involved in the positioning for the tag ...

Are you really sure you even want traders to be part of this game or simply want to skip the development of real dedicated traders ships by killing this activity in game right now ? 

In comparison a combat snow with cargo fully loaded and with purple marines + purple muskets, infinite powder and ammos in oak wood gets a speed of 13.37 with 0 upgrades and 13.54 speed with a simple common/green copper plating upgrade ...All this while traders keep the same speed no matter if it is empty or fully loaded or even if canons are mounted or not ... 

Extremely disappointed to see the constant nerf of traders while they are already a extremely profitable source of income and very easy to catch with any ship in game ... And see that this time it was a ninja nerf with no mention anywhere on the patch notes on the top of this ...

So for 1x Iron Ore, it costs you 78g + 0.5 LH. It sells for up to 211.

Profit of 133 per Iron Ore.

1654 Iron Ore to break Even. 300 per Day.

5.5 real days to break even.

This is not a f* joke. Just know the economy, man! Compass Wood is nothing to make profit with (except for selling NPC trader loot).

It don't sell for 211 in our nation MAN.. Talking about what u can sell to shops. not to players..

Removing NPC resource production without giving us more labor time per real time hour.

I say it again, they will not remove NPC production if there is not enough players producing materials to feed the market. That is what the patch note says.

There is no other choice on PvE. Currently eg there are 145 players online and those are distibuted over a huge map and several nations. You have to be extremely lucky simply to find somebody to team up with.

And patches like the one we discuss won't improve that situation, since increasing grind never got mor players into a game.

Well i respect you, and all PVE players, but, really, why aren't you coming and play PVE on the PVP servers ? Well since i have started NA, i have make my lvlup without been ganked/ attaked/ killed... All pvp i get, i have look for it... You'd loose nothing to give a try to pvp server. You'd can be usefull to a guilde/ nation by crafting or trading, without enter an once in a pvp battle, or just few times if you re really unlucky. And you have the pvp option open, if one day you want try it... 

• Like 2

I ran 1 mission this morning and is it just me, or can you not lock your crew amount in the place you want them?

This confused me as well, but NO, there is not a way to 'lock in' your crew to a specific amount. All the management system does is split crew between whatever tasks you have toggled on at the time. I kept thinking it would fill up to a certain amount, then toggling it off again, and couldn't figure out why my crew started falling back down to the baseline amount once I toggled it off.

So you can have crew split between Sailing and Gunnery, or Sailing Gunnery and Boarding, or any combination or just one (up to the max number for that task, with the rest doing something else). Be warned though, that boarding takes up an insane amount of crew. It's best to only activate that one when you think boarding is imminent. I suggest leaving repair and survival on since crew are only assigned to those if they are needed.

Edited by ajffighter86

Why log off ??? Craft or Produce and go FIGHT :) All your production and craft are for just one purpose : fighting, well use them

And really, the game is designed to be played as team, like all multi-player games... I can't understand how some ppl can buy an mmo game in order to be a lone wolf :/

because i have a job...can't play all day as many others....

Impotent Notice 

Camp du Roy.

Is No Longer a Freetown.

At lest in PVP 2 So better move you stuff out ASAP

and there should be a grace time of 2 days to allow players to move there stuff out when changing a free town into a capable town.

Since some people may only get the chance to play for limited times per day.

I'm a Pirate and I tried to re-enter CDR after going out to a battle but I was refused entry. I have ships and resources there that I need to move. I teleported to my  capital (mort). Will it allow me to teleport back to CDR to get my stuff.

because i have a job...can't play all day as many others....

I have a job too, and child, and a wife... but some games, and mmo specially, need some time invest mate :/

Well if you don't have time to spend in fight i don't understand your point... the patch don't change anything in reality. 

So again traders speed was nerfed but this time it was done ninja style , before patch speed in orange color :

968146TradersNerf.png

Traders are the most easy thing to catch and the most easy way to get a lot of money quickly, yet you reduce again the speed to be sure it becomes free meat for everybody ... plus with the production buildings producing things at the minimum price we can find in shops and NPC production soon reduced or gone will there be any point in continue trading ? 

Even before the first speed nerf traders were easy meat, you nerfed them once so everybody and his dog was able to catch one and collect in less than 8 minutes ... Apparently it was not enough for those doing this all day long and getting an insane amount of money doing so by selling the loot, the ships and canons when there is some ... Now you make sure traders can be caught by everything with zero effort involved in the positioning for the tag ...

Are you really sure you even want traders to be part of this game or simply want to skip the development of real dedicated traders ships by killing this activity in game right now ? 

In comparison a combat snow with cargo fully loaded and with purple marines + purple muskets, infinite powder and ammos in oak wood gets a speed of 13.37 with 0 upgrades and 13.54 speed with a simple common/green copper plating upgrade ...All this while traders keep the same speed no matter if it is empty or fully loaded or even if canons are mounted or not ... 

Extremely disappointed to see the constant nerf of traders while they are already a extremely profitable source of income and very easy to catch with any ship in game ... And see that this time it was a ninja nerf with no mention anywhere on the patch notes on the top of this ...

You mean it's just like it was in real life?

Awesome

i can play 2 hours maybe 3 at day...so 1 day 1 fight for gold, second day i travel for resources, third day i craft, 4th day i can fight or travel for resources witing LH recharge...

so for casual player there is only sea trials.

try to play only 2 hours a day and tell me how many things or battle you do now...

just sailing to a neutral town w outpost to test it.

Even more crucial: There is no dutch town producing silver on PvE, thus no more upgrades for the dutch, once economy is purely player driven ?

For the time being, there is still town production.

You don't seem to get the part about the players deciding what resource will be made in each port.  The Dutch can have live oak in every port if they want.

i can play 2 hours maybe 3 at day...so 1 day 1 fight for gold, second day i travel for resources, third day i craft, 4th day i can fight or travel for resources witing LH recharge...

so for casual player there is only sea trials.

try to play only 2 hours a day and tell me how many things or battle you do now...

I'm sorry for you, but if i know i have only 2 free hours to play PC, i will never buy NA, or Elite, or any game i'm actually playing, and i think i'll don't get a PC gamer too, and just try to grab a PS4 with some casual games... 

thats probably a bug which is caused by the cannon effect on speed fix. New speed in the ship passport provides the the theoretical speed with standard cannons - which traders don't have.

• Like 2

You mean it's just like it was in real life?

Awesome

I'm sure a ship overloaded with muskets + marines + supplies for them + infinite ammos + infinite powder is way faster than a nimble empty trader ship yeah ...

thats probably a bug which is caused by the cannon effect on speed fix. New speed in the ship passport provides the the theoretical speed with standard cannons - which traders don't have.

So that is a bug and canons add penalty speed, i guess this will be corrected then, also why a trader snow with or without canons mounted get the same speed in battles ?

Thanks.

Edited by Kanay

PVP XP for kill and assist are increased 50%

I don't agree with this change at all. The problem isn't low rewards from winning. The problem is abysmal rewards from not winning.

l0Hpdz6.png

Oh you did 1300 damage to a trinc. Here's 63 exp.

look, you did 733 damage to Bellona. Here's 600 exp.

The reward for damage is basically non-existant now. Only sinkings count. If you lose, you get nothing. I don't see how this is supposed to make for a lively PVP environment. You're just turning winners into bigger winners and losers become quitters.

Not a fan of spending 1100k for a level 3 shipyard. That is QUITE a grind tax on crafting.

Is this really all that was added? A huge money sink to build ships? Any sort of relaxation on the labour laws? I mean if I am running a shipyard, I am not running anything else because all the labour must go into ships. Is it still one pool that drains everything?

Please make ship building fun. I am reduced to one click a day.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 2

Long timer was discouraging small scalle PvP and commerce raiding, as the guy you attacked could just call in reinforcements from quite a distance away and still have them able to get to the fight.

The oceans are supposed to be big.

Yes, of course, because its far easier to put down 5 production buildings in the same port and only have to come to them to collect once every couple of days, as opposed to the endless running about and contract management you need to do as a crafter.

I maintain my stance. It doesnt fit into the game.  guy looking for small engagements has time to finish the small pvp/commerce raiding before help arrives, if he doesnt then he faces the punishment for getting outplayed/a bad tag/whatever. It's a terrible idea that's almost but not quite as bad as allowing a trincomalee to jump into a midshipman mission letting the trinco escape his level pvp to gank a noob. Does. not. belong. in. game. You think pirates looked to fight a british line fleet? no they did line commerce raiding and if they had a patrol stumble upon them they ran or got hung. I thought the game strived for some resemblance of realism and good gameplay, the timer and mission system both are unrealistic and terrible game play.

Short timer just enourages ganking, not good pvp, not good gameplay, it encourages all the little scrublords in trincos who go around ganking low levels all day and run when they face an equal fight. Just like PB's used to and possibly still do encourage the defender to run with his tail tucked until the battle is over.

Edited by Dalriaden

yay ... more nerf for sweden... removing CdR + dont changing the resource production of the swedish ports ... /applaus

if we now get rushed again we only have gustavia, plymouth and island harbor to work with... awesome ;)

we have no way to produce any silver which is now highly needed for crafting exceptional upgrades or mid lvl ships... and no live oak... hurray! 

• Like 2

guy looking for small engagements has time to finish the small pvp/commerce raiding before help arrives

Have you tried attacking and boarding a player and capturing it in under 5 minutes? Its exceptionally hard, they dont make the same stupid mistakes AI do.

Capping a player in under 5 minutes would require an exceptionally stupid opponent.

You think pirates looked to fight a british line fleet? no they did line commerce raiding and if they had a patrol stumble upon them they ran or got hung. I thought the game strived for some resemblance of realism and good gameplay, the timer and mission system both are unrealistic and terrible game play.

Short timer just enourages ganking, not good pvp, not good gameplay, it encourages all the little scrublords in trincos who go around ganking low levels all day and run when they face an equal fight. Just like PB's used to and possibly still do encourage the defender to run with his tail tucked until the battle is over.

You want more historical accuracy, yet you propose that someone under attack should be able to recieve backup from ports, which in real life, would be days away. In reality it was extremely rare to have a friendly warship come across another under attack, and be in time to render assistance.

The timer is a stand in for the fact that the Open Sea map isnt realistically large, it only takes real life hours to sail from one side to the other, when in reality it would take days.

Edited by Tindahbawx
  • Like 3