Game-Labs Forum

The DRUNK rebellion

DrunkenSloth

Crafting materials and there are some trade routes that allow you to get rich. Come on, as Dutchman you should know the best how to trade properly ;).

I have to admit I am still rather new to the game and haven't tried my hand yet at trading nor crafting. Have spend a ridicules amount of time happily playing my basic cutter in our low level fleet and acting as a scout in the east. Just made it to my first snow and it is rather amazing so I doubt i will get into trading as it is. ;)

Following the political discussions as well. I am often guildleader in the games I play and NA sure gives alot of true options for diplomacy, unlike say Warhammer Online does.

So you got set back to one port then the danish made an argeement with you to give back the ports and stop the ganking, and you people are yelling lets go to war to go and wine again when they are set back to one port.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

its a minor faction in Sweden. They will get to it as well

I seriously don't understand this... "rebellion".

They say that Sweden lost their face, that we should be ashamed, crawling to the winner and begging for our ports...
Now, I don't know who started the talks, but I am pretty damn sure that this is the same procedure as it was done in any of the recent wars in real life. Did Germany lose its face when the allied states ended the occupation? Does noone in the world respect Germany anymore, just because they didn't cease to exist after a lost war? Same with Iraq, Serbia, Afghanistan, Italy, Austria (yes, austria was also divided in 4 parts after WWII... but only shortly), Japan... Under slightly different circumstances, but same argumentation you could also include France, China, Poland, actually all of the eastern european countries, most of the northern african countries...

PS: Meraun, you might want to read the forum regulations. I think your banner is too big.

Edited by mirror452

I would like to see an option to vote 'in-game' every day on national status ie I am British so i would vote on all other nations ' status'.  Votes are collected at maintenance - and everyone has to abide the decision for the next day. To be allied both nations would have to win a majority for 'Allied' after maintenance all allied rules apply - ie can enter ports, go pirate if you attack them etc

I would like to see an option to vote 'in-game' every day on national status ie I am British so i would vote on all other nations ' status'.  Votes are collected at maintenance - and everyone has to abide the decision for the next day. To be allied both nations would have to win a majority for 'Allied' after maintenance all allied rules apply - ie can enter ports, go pirate if you attack them etc

Not a fan of this. I like the system to be less intrusive on player diplomacy. Option to attack should always be possible but you could perhaps set an alliance per guild after which it states 'Allied' in the box with the enemies name and guild instead. Then breaking the peace will truelly matter as a deed of aggression.

What is interesting is

A) The timing between this, and the SLRN trying to rally Sweden

B The Fact you can count all DRUNK members on 2 hands.

C) The Fact DrunkenSloth here has a Union Jack in his Forum Avatar

D) The Fact he feels the need to ALSO post a Rally Thread in forums despite the obvious defeat of his nation.

couple of brits rolled sweden recently? :D

Edited by Monkey Bullet
  • Like 6

The Dutch-French agreement is may-be somewhat dull. Why stop all the hostilities? Officially (due the game mechanics) every nation is in war with all the other nations. Why not to agree about some ports in so named contested zones were ports will be captured with the intention to keep it for the nation and enough ports in the core zone of the nations to keep every nation in the game, thus the core towns of a nation being respected as to be "de jure" a part of the specific nation? 

Thus we may know that there are five essentials for victory: 

1 He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight. 

2 He will win who knows how to handle both superior and inferior forces.

3 He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks. 

4 He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared. 

5 He will win who has military capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign.” 

-Sun Tzu

What you fail to realise is that these are not directed at a nation as a whole. A small force knowing how and when to engage the enemy settles #1. Having the tactical know-how to approach both larger and smaller forces settles #2. The will of the army is the will of the men fighting, and so #3 has not been violated either. #4 ties directly into #1. #5 is the shining example of exactly what they're after.

Turns out they haven't violated these 5 points at all. This is what happens when lay-people read about war and the conduct there-of and think they understand it. Context is a very important thing, my friend. Before you begin quoting von Clausewitz next perhaps you should re-read Sun Tzu and apply some perspective.

• Like 3

Everyone who is criticising them for being 'stupid' or 'egotistic' or more bizzarely 'not understanding sun Tzu' is missing the point. people are saying they will regret it if they aren't successful or that they are ruining the game for their nation.

This is all nonsense. Its a game, no one really dies, no one loses their homes etc. If they don't want to become a small nation at peace with everyone around them and thus locked in and bored and they want to start a hopeless fight against massive enemies then good on them! they paid for this game the same as everyone else and they can do what they want.

I wouldn't want to be in a tiny Swedish nation at peace with the danes and subject to their whim. I would also join the resistance. why? not because I think I would win but because it would be FUN. the best thing about this game is the PvP. Sweden at peace will have very little opportunities for strategic and organized PvP. they will just have post missions etc. I think it might be great fun to plan and do a small insurgency in this game. why not! you all just want them to stop fighting because it would be convenient for YOU. why should they do what you want? its their game.

This is a game, the point is to have fun, let them have fun they way they want without all this arrogant superior nonsense directed against them. it really makes you all look very silly drawing these real life parallels and concluding that they are somehow morons for doing what they are doing. Quoting Sun Tzu doesn't make you clever, misapplying it to a situation where it doesn't matter isn't great either.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 3

What is interesting is

A) The timing between this, and the SLRN trying to rally Sweden

B The Fact you can count all DRUNK members on 2 hands.

C) The Fact DrunkenSloth here has a Union Jack in his Forum Avatar

D) The Fact he feels the need to ALSO post a Rally Thread in forums despite the obvious defeat of his nation.

couple of brits rolled sweden recently? :D

A) This post was made over 7 hours after the agreement was made

B ) Not really sure what you're getting at

C) It's the red ensign, which was the flag of Canada until the current flag was designed, and in my opinion the only true flag of Canada.

D) Our nation is far from defeated, two clans do not decide the fate of an entire nation.

E) Were you not the same guy upset in forums about your allies being ganged up on by Sweden and France? But now you both do the same? :P

Edited by DrunkenSloth

Im not very good in history.. Can anyone explain to me what this banner means please? GB flag and what else?

photo-16357.png?_r=1455047452

It's the red ensign, the flag of Canada until the current maple leaf flag was introduced. Also the same flag my recent ancestors fought under in World war II

• Like 5

You must truly be DRUNK. Maybe when you become SOBER, you will get some common sense.

You should know it's unwise to underestimate your enemy ;) you don't yet know our abilities or any of our tactics, however I've watched you guys in combat and fought against you numerous times, I do have respect for you even as my enemy and I know you're a large force capable of winning, I have fought against FLOT, RUS and VIE. I had a very fun battle with Bearshare and one of his comrades, after the battle I congratulated them and surrendered my ship after we fought for almost an hour, still one of my favorite experiences in PvP even though it was a loss. Moral of the story is I don't think you've fought any clan quite like us yet, we will fight you but I personally hold no grudge, it's simply good fun.

Felt I had to clarify this given the fact I've been so vilified lately.

Edited by DrunkenSloth
  • Like 4

Looking forward to what lies ahead :)

If Bearshare defeated you I shall not fear you at all, and then you are truly not equal to anything I have ever met on the field of battle before :P

I didn't tell you I was in a 350 crew 3rd rate against two Trincomalee's and a snow :P