Game-Labs Forum

1st Big content patch information.

Not a clue on the different shot type, though it would be very useful, but as for the focusing on a specific deck, that's pretty much already in. At present of course you can hit f1 to f4 to select or deselect gun decks, but with the more dynamic crew management, guns not in use should, in theory, not need crew. I have no guarantee that this is true of course, but it at least lends hope to all the post captains on constitutions out there right now.

However the existing mechanic should not be the same as for toggling what deck is crewed. Right now you might toggle decks on and off simply because the guns have different ballistics and you need to change your aim for each deck fired.

I am really hiped on those changes about the clause hauled sailing, the low tier ship planking resistance and canon rebalance,  I love the priv can't wait!

I do hope this also concerns the AI too, because the turn rate and speed of the AI Constitution and AI 3rd rate are just ludicrous as it is now.

Removing the fire deck option does not sound very good, as has already boarded is very simple and has few options. I would like more options for a variety of processes. But on the other hand, I initially assumed that when the enemy team becomes Defence - it's time to press the "throwing grenades." How times can change the rules of the game so that the grenades instead of FDG were countermeasure for def. In my understanding, the remaining options Contra ideally complement each other. Muskets work well against grenades, grenades against the defense, protection against an attack, the attack against Brace, brace against grenades - full circle, everything is simple and clear (though I would not give up 10+ different teams).

I can not believe the post here, REALLY guys!!!!!!!!

They tried to give a bit of a timeline, GOOD ON YA DEVS.

But RL happens, ADMIN is not well (Hope you are better soon).

But the "to and fro" is really becoming quite comical!!!!!

Unfortunately the generation that is to lazy to eat cereal because it has to wash the bowl and spoon is now in college and old enough to buy games. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/23/this-is-the-height-of-laziness/

Edited by Dalriaden
  • Like 6

What's black magic voodoo saying about today's release? I have a good feeling! 

I'll ask my personal psychic about it, he's always right...

... He says "Patch will be deployed today... Or it will not."

Learn to use manual sails.

Just because I didn't mentioned it doesn't mean I don't know how to work manual sails, you can keep those haughty comments to yourself.

And It's actually because the AI can still outturn me and yet also outrun me despite the use of manual sails that I'm commenting on this.

I'm all for the reduced performance of big vessels like the Constitution and higher described in this patch. But the AI should get the same treatment to at least keep a statu quo in the missions.

It's already quite frustrating to deal with the same ship as your in a mission except for the part that they are as manœuvrable as a Snow, 

Unfortunately the generation that is to lazy to eat cereal because it has to wash the bowl and spoon is now in college and old enough to buy games. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/23/this-is-the-height-of-laziness/

Im so glad someone else read that. When i saw that article i felt so bad for all the parents who are going to have the plug pulled on them or put into nursing home and turned into soylent green because the kids dont want to be bothered to take care of them.

• Like 1

Just because I didn't mentioned it doesn't mean I don't know how to work manual sails, you can keep those haughty comments to yourself.

And It's actually because the AI can still outturn me and yet also outrun me despite the use of manual sails that I'm commenting on this.

I'm all for the reduced performance of big vessels like the Constitution and higher described in this patch. But the AI should get the same treatment to at least keep a statu quo in the missions.

It's already quite frustrating to deal with the same ship as your in a mission except for the part that they are as manœuvrable as a Snow

I have completely dis-masted AI ships, and still had them turn faster than i could with manual sails... or get up a good speed that required me to run them down.

Any suggestion that the AI doesn't cheat insanely is just utter rubbish that anyone that fights them regularly is well aware of. 

You can routinely see AI ships go zooming across the wind without even adjusting their sails.

Heck... check their crew stats... with numbers that are impossible even with a full set of Exceptional mods.

• Like 2

I have completely dis-masted AI ships, and still had them turn faster than i could with manual sails... or get up a good speed that required me to run them down.

Any suggestion that the AI doesn't cheat insanely is just utter rubbish that anyone that fights them regularly is well aware of. 

You can routinely see AI ships go zooming across the wind without even adjusting their sails.

Heck... check their crew stats... with numbers that are impossible even with a full set of Exceptional mods.

Just as we get negative penalties for under crewing, is it possible that they are getting bonuses for extra crewing? And thus making them a harder enemy? Is this intended?

Just as we get negative penalties for under crewing, is it possible that they are getting bonuses for extra crewing? And thus making them a harder enemy? Is this intended?

The bonus is you don;t loose anything for getting crew dmg until all extra crew are dead. Technically all ships are crewed to the maximum efficiency, adding more would only means one guy is sittign on the canon because there is no more room to help, same thing as adding more guy on a job is sometimes counter productive (look agt most City workers) as only one plumber can fit in the hole, all the other are leening on their shovels pretending to watch, etc.

Edited by crisaron
  • Like 2

Unfortunately the generation that is to lazy to eat cereal because it has to wash the bowl and spoon is now in college and old enough to buy games. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/23/this-is-the-height-of-laziness/

My asshat little brother wouldn't rinse out his cereal bowl when we had the house for the weekends growing up. So of course I waited till the last moment every time to do dishes Sunday, and had to scrape dried on honey bunches of oats of his goddamned bowl.

This defines the gap between generations perfectly. Thank you.

Get well.

• Like 1