Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.64 - Small Battles and Account XP

admin

We are deploying the patch tomorrow 12 Feb.

Due to XP rework the deployment will take longer and maintenance will start at 11-30am kiev time.

We think it is a last minor patch before new content starts getting in. 

What's new:

New account XP system

Old system had a lot of problems and confusion. It did not give enough flexibility and it created a huge burden of work for the dev team with the tornado of tickets. 

New system is elegant and solves the majority of player problems and questions letting us focus on development more.

Rules of the system

• Rank, Craft level and Labor hours are synchronized on steam account (learnt blueprints are not)
  • Steam account sync is independent of the player name 
  • You can have different nations on different servers
  • You can have different names on different servers
  • In summary you can delete a player and create another one with another name keeping XP

We know some players will say it can lead to this and that but we are not worried. It solves a lot more problems than it creates. In the future it might change but right now it is the best choice.

New small battles/large battle timers

A lot of players had problems when both sides did not want to lose the ship in events. Causing long waits and claims of trolling.

• Small and large battles have received battle and exit timers. This will allow players to exit the battle if both sides do not want to wait until the end.
  • Battle timer is 30 mins
  • Exit timer is 2 mins 
  • You still cannot exit during first 30 mins. But if the battle is not resolved during that time after that you can exit the event using the exit timer rules from the open world.

Other fixes

• Port battles with no damage bug fixed
  • A lot of players were trolling others by destroying friendly derelicts. You cannot destroy the friendly derelicts any more. 
  • Damage calculations are more optimized in large battles. 
  • Battle exit logic is improved and several bugs fixed
  • Ship no longer dissapears when sank enemy exits the battle
  • Mission rewards fixed - missions now give fixed 5000 gold: favoring young players and giving no advantage for higher levels who have other options to make money
  • 4th rates and higher vessels repair prices increased 50%
  • Assault flags prices upper price level increased
  • Compass wood supply tuned
  • Carriages production levels decreased
  • Small events no longer feature bots that are unavailable at open sea.
  • Certain server tech was replaced - server crash like yesterday will happen a lot less now.
  • Like 22

• Mission rewards fixed - missions now give fixed 5000 gold: favoring young players and giving no advantage for higher levels who have other options to make money

Expected, but disappointing news.  I was happy for 2 days. 

When AI selling Resources for a Fixed price, No one cares if  ppl have money or don't.  Inflation would never happen.  

Now ppl have to grind 3 times longer.   If this is a good or bad thing is up for a debate. 

Edited by Benass
  • Like 1

"Mission rewards fixed - missions now give fixed 5000 gold: favoring young players and giving no advantage for higher levels who have other options to make money"

Well it will turn out to frustrate "young" players, because they will have to wait ages until they will be able to pay crafted ships as prices for i.e. Exceptional will go through the roof. Seen that before...

Basicly, doing missions makes no more sense, so most ppl will go back to fleeting. And as new ppl hardly will have highers to push them, it will be frustrating. Simply said, 5k is a bad decision...

• Like 3

In summary you can delete a player and create another one with another name keeping XP

This one is going to need a cooldown or you can expect so much bad mouthing and spam in chats. But im happy that players have chance to change their names now!

Edited by James Thomson
  • Like 1

Expected, but disappointing news.  I was happy for 2 days. 

When AI selling Resources for a Fixed price, No one cares if  ppl have money or don't.  Inflation would never happen.  

Now ppl have to grind 3 times longer.   If this is a good or bad thing is up for a debate. 

I am on your site, because while it is true that higher people have more options to make money they need to pay way more money too.

And with the buff of repair cost for 4th rate and higher it cost even more.

And if they want to say now trading well low player can trade too.

• Like 1

"Mission rewards fixed - missions now give fixed 5000 gold: favoring young players and giving no advantage for higher levels who have other options to make money"

Well it will turn out to frustrate "young" players, because they will have to wait ages until they will be able to pay crafted ships as prices for i.e. Exceptional will go through the roof. Seen that before...

Basicly, doing missions makes no more sense, so most ppl will go back to fleeting. And as new ppl hardly will have highers to push them, it will be frustrating. Simply said, 5k is a bad decision...

Yeah i mean now they have to do an a hole of 5 missions or so to buy a ship... Seriously this is a good roll back and shows that devs at least monitor the situation somewhat. As soon as people saw the insane increase in mission rewards everyone just uped the prices for mats and crafted stuff astronomically, heck some people even refused to trade stuff for gold saying its worthless and asking for BP's and other rare to get valuable stuff.

• Like 1

Carriages production levels decreased

So everything is super expensive on iron and hemp again? I'm already unable to find hemp anywhere, even 2h away from port Royal

And if I had hemp, I'd convert it all into Carriages right now.

Edited by Quineloe