Game-Labs Forum

Hotfixes for several annoying issues

admin

I enjoy the changes in this patch!

But, I also must address my concern for the large increase in gold gain for missions, I feel that in some instances you could cut the gold gain by half right now. XP increase is welcome for players who do not have large amounts of time.

Guys why is there MORE money per mission? Its actually discouraging because it was already very high reward amount. MORE than enough and now you`ve buffed it even further. Whats the point of grinding or doing missions when after 4-5 lgt-comm missions you get a new ship?

there really shouldn't be much of a point in grinding. This is supposed to be a pvp game iirc

Oh, and Gatsu, you do kown that prodcution will be Playerbased at release right???

Yes but that is no reason to not judge the changes of the game based on its current state, right?

if most people are like you, why are you the only one ranting here?

read the thread and u'll find plenty of people disagreeing with most of the changes this patch brings...

I am not sure I understand what the developers intent is with the current economy. I understand that they are wanting to move towards a more player driven economy in the future. If this part of the game is to change radically in the future then I do not suppose there is any sense in traders wasting their time on the mechanics in the meantime. I have played almost solely as a trader and time and time again I feel incredibly burnt by the economic changes made in the patches. I am going to save myself the frustration and maybe revisit this side of the game when there is clear intent on the direction the economy is going to take. Well, I will revisit it if I'm not already burnt out on the game, because with the changes being made so far I may be in a 1st rate by the end of the week.

I was hoping that the economic side of this game was at least in a playable state so that I could enjoy that as more features get implemented. I assume the devs have decided to focus on other aspects of the game, and in the meantime they are just going to give each nation all the resources they will ever need. If this is not what they are doing then it is quite frankly maddening to watch them make changes to the economy and the methods being used will never achieve any sort of balance.

Production needs to be tied to consumption. The resource needs of Denmark vs USA are far too great and wont be solved by making sweeping changes across the board. I understand Denmark or other small nations may have experienced resource shortages but you will never make changes to correct that imbalance in the way that is currently being done. When you increase production to address shortages of smaller nations you are simultaneously giving the larger nations an over abundance of resources. Eventually there wont be any reason to capture new ports other than bragging rights.

Edited by Long Ben

I am not sure I understand what the developers intent is with the current economy. 

Abundant supplies have to be tested to properly judge the production buildings (mines, etc) effects and calculate their production capacity with real data. 

• Like 3

This patch did not go far enough. In the game's current state, we are suffering from a 1st rate crisis. There are no ports with exceptional 1st rates for sale, especially at a reasonable price.

Playing for a week with no 1st rate is way too grindy for my taste. Clearly, the game is broken.

I don't like games that creates winners and losers. My battles never result in a victory for both sides, and that makes me a sad panda. Everyone, at least, deserves a participation trophy, a mountain of gold, and 2000 oak logs.

• Like 3

But tahts only YOUR Opinion. You want to force the Dev to refert something soley on your Opinion? Tahts extremly arrogant...

Tahts waht i mainly critcise: You dont want to test it. Tahts it. and tahts a wrong approach in a EA:

Maybe your right and its wrong. So waht? The Dev change it bacl.

Maybe the Dev's are right: And now were are actually able to buy Oak in ports were it gets Produced. Or, god forbit: I can place a Contract for Oak in Gustavia and  a Trader can sell it to me with profit after he bought it in Codrington for example. As of now, nobody was able to do taht. Because YOUR contracts in town wich produced Oak killed every change of a healthy good cycle.

City produces=Traders Buys =Trader sells for better price= my contracts in Gustavia are able to buy Oak=i build ships for Guild and market= People buy them= people lose their Ships=

And back to start

This didnt work before patch...

And you don't think I'm allowed to share my opinion or what are you saying? I'm not trying to force anybody to do anything, I'm simply persuading my opinion with real constructive criticism. I explain with reasons why and this is probably what you missread as me trying to force them to change to my way.

Thank you for confirming that my argument has strength and thank you for the personal insults towards me.

We have already tested these types of changes and as my screenshots show you, iron is now worthless. It has no value anymore due to a similar patch. This patch will do the exact same thing to Oak, Fir and Gold. We should learn from previous mistakes.

I was not the only person getting oak from cities but I was one of them who did. This because I focused a lot of time on trading. It wasn't a cakewalk, it took many hours of sailing around with a lot of valuables in my cargo which is yet another aspect of the game that dissapeared with this patch. All those hours I spent to get my resources made me deserve them compared with all who instead were out getting xp. If you people wanted oak you could have spend your time really trying to get it.

There is no longer any trading for profit with iron, the same will happen with oak. It's because Marigot will have 2500 oak for sale at 75g each. It will then not be possible for traders to buy all that stock (from all the oak producing ports) which is the one thing preventing people from being able to sell for profit. As long as that other port has NPC prices for lower then what you want to sell for profit in Gustavia you won't be able to do it. I hope this clears up some of my concerns.

I think it worked before patch since the people who spent an effort were the people able to reap the rewards from that effort.

Edited by Gatsu
  • Like 1

Yes but that is no reason to not judge the changes of the game based on its current state, right?

read the thread and u'll find plenty of people disagreeing with most of the changes this patch brings...

which js why I said "ranting", but I see now this is getting nowhere.

Abundant supplies have to be tested to properly judge the production buildings (mines, etc) effects and calculate their production capacity with real data. 

Well I truly hope you all gather whatever data it is you need, and I hope that we can quickly get to a point where the in-game economy becomes a meaningful part of the game. Are the servers going to be wiped once we move on from this $40.00 test environment?

Edited by Long Ben

You should really look at which resources makes people use how much LH from your current blueprints and set a LH value per resource for each crafting branch. You must also see which branch is the biggest money sink, which crafting branch has the most used consumables to get an accurate LH value/resource type. Use this value to balance rareness of resources.

To have ports producing lots of resources that has high LH value will then be overflowing on the market while underproduced low LH value resources will be rare due to lots of usage, and balance whatever type of resource production system you choose to use in the different map regions. I don't think you have to ruin the current market allowing people extreme wealth when you eventually swap to another production system to get these data. It's not fair.

No matter the current resource gain, whats crafted and used in which magnitudes will be relative. I'd even go and guess that overflowing market with resources will mess up your data as I now easily can afford any upgrades the shop has to offer along with whatever ships and meterials players has crafted since they now will be much more cheap. Being able to buy everything is not normal but being able to just buy and use up what you really need is the way to go. Reduce all productions and mission rewards and see what data your getting to calculate LH values of resources.

Because without LH, resources are not usable at all. I also suggest that you find a way to alter resource productions based on gameservers player activity.

How about this idea?

Edited by Gatsu

which js why I said "ranting", but I see now this is getting nowhere.

When Admin reads my posts I am getting what I want here...

Gat is your typical wannabe hardcore player. Claims he wants it harder then if gets what he want leaves because it's to difficult.

sure, whatever you say bro

@Gatsu

I was trying to count the number of time you participated in this topic... I stopped counting after 15 posts... With one post where you are saying that you give up...

I am sure developers are listening. I have never seen developers reacting so fast to the players demands than in this game... And I am sure they got your point. You may need to keep your cool and read in your head others people answers and then see if you really need to add another post. ;)

Look who's talking ;)

And you don't think I'm allowed to share my opinion or what are you saying? I'm not trying to force anybody to do anything, I'm simply persuading my opinion with real constructive criticism. I explain with reasons why and this is probably what you missread as me trying to force them to change to my way.

Thank you for confirming that my argument has strength and thank you for the personal insults towards me.

We have already tested these types of changes and as my screenshots show you, iron is now worthless. It has no value anymore due to a similar patch. This patch will do the exact same thing to Oak, Fir and Gold. We should learn from previous mistakes.

I was not the only person getting oak from cities but I was one of them who did. This because I focused a lot of time on trading. It wasn't a cakewalk, it took many hours of sailing around with a lot of valuables in my cargo which is yet another aspect of the game that dissapeared with this patch. All those hours I spent to get my resources made me deserve them compared with all who instead were out getting xp. If you people wanted oak you could have spend your time really trying to get it.

There is no longer any trading for profit with iron, the same will happen with oak. It's because Marigot will have 2500 oak for sale at 75g each. It will then not be possible for traders to buy all that stock (from all the oak producing ports) which is the one thing preventing people from being able to sell for profit. As long as that other port has NPC prices for lower then what you want to sell for profit in Gustavia you won't be able to do it. I hope this clears up some of my concerns.

I think it worked before patch since the people who spent an effort were the people able to reap the rewards from that effort.

This is what happens in the Swedish territory, it is not what happens in all the other territories, with Iron so low you will have no problem to come to Plymouth or at Camp du Roy and sell it with still a good profit to French players since it cost twice this here, Oak is still empty everywhere after this patch for us, gold saw now his price increase in all cities, yeah it doesn't take long here to see the speculators at work with flawed contracts system ... and you are lucky to find 25 pieces of it at 206 per unit in producing cities already... 32% inflation compared to all days of the last week higher prices, just a few hours after massive injection of gold in many players pockets ... 

I don't have much cash in my pocket right now, will change in a couple of days, but i will be more than happy to buy your the over produced iron you get at so low price, same for  oak and gold if you get some  ... and so will many French players on the PVP 1 server, or just put selling contracts in free tows ... you will make profit and it will still be cheaper than what we can get around ... 

Edited by Kanay
  • Like 1

So far your fix for the fir shortage has not stopped the exploiters of BUY contracts from keeping the shop empty. Get rid of buy contracts. They are the single worst aspect of the economy.

or at least list them out, so you can see who has put what buy contract up, for what volume and at what price.

• Like 1

It is a shame to see this game take such a sharp turn away from fun. The game had been very playable for the last couple of weeks, but the volatility created by a "let's take a shot in the dark" development strategy has rendered the game unplayable. I paid $40 with the reasonable expectation to play a game that has moved past the concept stage of development.

If the steam community truly has this kind of influence, I suppose I will take my perspective there to warn others not to waste their time and post an appropriate review.

It is a shame to see this game take such a sharp turn away from fun. The game had been very playable for the last couple of weeks, but the volatility created by a "let's take a shot in the dark" development strategy has rendered the game unplayable. I paid $40 with the reasonable expectation to play a game that has moved past the concept stage of development.

If the steam community truly has this kind of influence, I suppose I will take my perspective there to warn others not to waste their time and post an appropriate review.

Early Access Game Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

This is what happens in the Swedish territory, it is not what happens in all the other territories, with Iron so low you will have no problem to come to Plymouth or at Camp du Roy and sell it with still a good profit to French players since it cost twice this here, Oak is still empty everywhere after this patch for us, gold saw now his price increase in all cities, yeah it doesn't take long here to see the speculators at work with flawed contracts system ... and you are lucky to find 25 pieces of it at 206 per unit in producing cities already... 32% inflation compared to all days of the last week higher prices, just a few hours after massive injection of gold in many players pockets ... 

I don't have much cash in my pocket right now, will change in a couple of days, but i will be more than happy to buy your the over produced iron you get at so low price, same for  oak and gold if you get some  ... and so will many French players on the PVP 1 server ... you will make profit and it will still be cheaper than what we can get around ... 

Isn't this how it should be? Drive people towards port control for the resources? I don't see why this is a problem in the game that has to be fixed by spawning free resources in your cargos.

I don't think the Oak overflow has taken effect yet since pleny probably have LH to use due to lack of Oak. Wait maybe 3 days and people will be sitting with 0 LH, not buying resources, letting Oak, Fir and Gold replenish in all ur ports.

If I saw a reason to have a lot of gold in this game I'd actually bother going there selling you thousands of iron but now I don't so why bother.

1. The changes to the the repair packs used at sea are not as big deal as long as the prices for the repair packs are increased as well to ensure the same port repair price vs at sea repair price.

2. An irrelevant buff as all rank 2 players will still be using the basic cutters, which are free

3. An interesting concept to help players craft more coin neutral (as in not lose money for the ships they sell back to the ports).

4. The changes to the exp. are very good and give the players the option to chose their missions based on the rewards they want and need. The gold should be reduced to the pre patch levels for the higher tier missions or create a cap for the gold rewards (so newer players get some nice gold to start, while the higher ranked players will chose to do the higher ranked missions due to the higher exp gains and the opportunity to sink or capture better ships)

5. Unnecessary nerf that is supposed to make chasing traders less of a pain. This is totally a change in the wrong direction and lowers the skill cap of the game. The fact that the trader AI is already so predictable makes these fights already a total joke and I don't see the reason of this nerf.

6. This is a welcome change that adds to the realism of the game. Seeing ships with close to 0% armor a filled with holes that still have full gun batteries is weird.

7. The production changes to oak fir and gold are more the necessary. Everybody that points to the iron ore stacking up to the celling needs to understand that a lot of players could not craft any ships because of these shortages. With more oak and fir we will be seeing more ships being crafted and we will see the demand for iron increase accordingly. The most important point here is that the player numbers are increasing steadily, while the production of resources is flat, because we don not have player resource production building yet. Please be aware that everything that is happening right now is for testing and balancing purposes.

It's good to see so many people getting excited about the changes and it shows that people really care about the game and want it to succeed.

TL DR: The changes are fine, only real issue is the increased gold gains for the higher ranked missions, which need to be capped.

• Like 1

Early Access Game Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

Yes, I intend to inform potential buyers of this game's "current state", which changes dramatically for the worse each week. I'll let them know that they should only purchase early access if they are willing to pay $40 to perform the tasks that should be executed by professional game testers while the developers clumsily implement wild changes that erase any sense of progress.