Game-Labs Forum

@admin since you're working on a new interface, maybe it would come under this category... It's pain in the *** to craft ships for people within a clan. They order something, you craft it, and then they're offline when you have a ship. It would be great to either have a dock space just for clan, accessible to everyone, or have some sell queue accessible only for clans. It could be limited to port with warehouse only.

Another great feature would be to have warehouse logs filtrable by person, with longer memory :) It would allow for creation of a much more sophisticated clan economy - capitalistic, instead of communistic :)

• Like 16

Clan dock space is a must for the reasons the OP stated. t the very least allow a function that allows you to send a ship you build to a clan mate so that when they do log on that they can get it. It is very frustrating when you want to build a ship for someone that is online but you are storing other people’s ships that you have not been able to give them do to not being on at the same time and therefore have no dock space to build another ship.

It makes perfect sense to have clan docks. And makes no sense at all to not have them.

• Like 4

It is a must, thx for the post. 

* dockspace for clan so crafter can put newly crafted ships there. So I craft a ship and assign ship to mr. Xyz. When mr. Xyz online he can claim the ship, he doesnt need to trade with crafter. A dockspace of 3/5/7 upgradable with gold. 

* at least 1 more warehouse for clan, costs gold. So the clan can have another ship crafting, resource gathering port. 

* warehouse slots so to group who can take what. Officers can put repairs etc. so members can take some. Daily/weekly quota assigned for members. 

* I would love to see Clans having an outpost with warehouse, so ever clan member can use this outpost. May be just 1 common outpost for clan. Helps increase activity and pvp. 

I feel these are really needed. 

Edit: some more ideas added. I feel owning a port and rvr has really not much meaning. But these kind of improvements can increase rvr. 

* one extra warehouse once you own few ports. Need gold/cm/vm/resource tı build. 

* one extra common outpost when you once own set amount of port. Needs gold/resources etc. to build. 

* Dock space basic 3 ships / x members achieved 5 ships / x ports owned 7 ships. Craft and upgrade costs gold / resource etc. 

* Dockspace once built permanent. Warehouse once built permanent if you manage to keep that port, should be capturable port. 

* outpost can have daily fee. 

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnny Rotten said:

the clan that owns the port should get a warehouse there

This could be the place where port resources go for the clan.  They get a little of the drops of woods and other things like Cart/Cooper so they get some and can sale them back to the port to others in contracts or use them for the clan.

Clan Dry Docks would be nice I have about a dozen ships sitting on one alt and a clan mate has about the same amount of L'Oceans on his too that we have as clan back ups in case ships get sunk.  Would be nice if we had a dry dock to put ships into so that others can pull them when needed.   The other thing I brought up is maybe have us be able to make notes of ships to keep in our warehouse.  Make them cost a bunch more resources to do or have them only redeem as the type of ship you built no choise of wood types.

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

You forgot the magic word: DLC.

Honestly if they had clan dry docks for a DLC I would get it for the clan.   

• Like 1

i still see captains who do not see the need to join a clan.

so it's up to the devs to do something about that,  instead of limit or restricts clans by not having clan docks or other features

there is still a lot we need badly in the game.

so all for it .

for example :

.Taxation towards another clan from port ownership 

.Taxation income from the port for all transactions done in the port 

. clan tax on players

.port tax on privateers (independent not clan or casuals players)

.tax on foreign  nation players 

.taxation refundable % to all players of the clan automatically  ( every clan member shares in the profit of the port , but also in the dept of it)

.clan dock free port.

when you have fought for the port you get  a % of the profit from the port as a defender of the port (for now you get nothing for the title, just letters in a letter, not even price money  just a lot of bull talk)

Edited by Thonys

1 hour ago, Eyesore said:

Only clans benefit from this suggestion, everybody else just gets it harder.

Then just create your own clan. It's 600k, not a big investment. It actually promotes one-person clans.

Actually an ability of sending someone ship, as @Old Crusty described, is even better solution.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vazco said:

Then just create your own clan. It's 600k, not a big investment. It actually promotes one-person clans.

Actually an ability of sending someone ship, as @Old Crusty described, is even better solution.

yes, everybody seems to  make a  one person clan...

make it so.....one person clan is only valid for 2 weeks...

after that, you are not worthy to call it a clan or company

devs like restrictions, so this is a nice one :)

the problem of all those good ideas is that it delays the port ui every time :)

Edited by Thonys

1 hour ago, Thonys said:

the problem of all those good ideas is that it delays the port ui every time

This is the port UI in some sense :) It's also quite important for experience of new players, which is a main goal of new UI. If you join a game, are able to quickly find and join a clan that suits you and easily get a new ship, it's great for new guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eyesore said:

How bout we give everybody unlimited dockingspace then?

But if you are clanless then you are not building ships for members of your clan. I don’t understand your grief. You can build ships and put them up for sale and it clears your dock space. 

You say only clans benefit from this, but only clans need this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eyesore said:

How bout we give everybody unlimited dockingspace then?

Most MMO's are clan based hint why it's called MMO's cause Multi Users online.  If you don't want to clan up that is your choise to play that part of the game, but if you want to be involved in RvR and group style RP you need to be part of a clan.    Never understood the hatred by solo guys towards clans and how they expect to get every thing in game as large groups that work together.  It's like raids, you want that good loot your either going have to go do it or pay for it.  They tend to be made for groups only, not SOLO players

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, no one said:

I can't agree with unfair advantages to players just to be part of a clan.

Then you're also against clans having a separate chat, as well as an ability to capture and own ports I presume?

I don't understand this point of view. Clan docks is just a solution to a problem that only clans have - crafting ships for others. Also, you can always create a one-man clan and use all those "advantages".

Edited by vazco
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, vazco said:

Then you're also against clans having a separate chat, as well as an ability to capture and own ports I presume?  This statement doesn't make any sense.

I don't understand this point of view. Clan docks is just a solution to a problem that only clans have - crafting ships for others. Also, you can always create a one-man clan. Yes it is possible. But with this you  are giving all the players the ability to purchase a new way to increase the docks . What is the limit?

I have a better suggestion and is not unfair. A clan will always have 2 free dockyards in each port they control. 

This reward clans that fight for harbors. Makes much more sense. 

Players or clans should be rewarded for their actions.  Players or clans should not be rewarded just because they prefer to play solo or in a group.

15 minutes ago, no one said:

I guess you don't understand the issue. It's like a bald man complaining that people with hair have an unfair advantage of cutting their hair. It's not an advantage, it's a need.

Anyway, your concern is very easy to overvome by introducing an ability to gift one ship to anyone (with a limit that only one ship can be gifted and that it can be redeemed only in a specific port).

Edited by vazco

6 minutes ago, vazco said:

I guess you don't understand the issue. It's like a bald man complaining that people with hair have an unfair advantage of cutting their hair. It's not an advantage, it's a need.

Anyway, your concern is very easy to overvome by introducing an ability to gift one ship to anyone (with a limit that only one ship can be gifted and that it can be redeemed only in a specific port).

I understand very well the issue . And i gave you a better solution. If you didn't like, or you didn't understand why is better, it is another question

Edited by no one

31 minutes ago, no one said:

If you didn't like, or you didn't understand why is better, it is another question

It's not better - it doesn't work for most clans :) Nations have 1-2 crafting ports which are used by all clans. Your solution wouldn't work, it would only create a huge snowball effect.

There is no hatred against clans from me.

Grouped up players always will have the advantage. Yes, they need the tools to make things work.

Ofcourse, you can make a one-man-clan and have a warehouse and the other perks it brings. Perfectly within reason to invest in as a soloplayer. But then again, you can give this option to begin with (which actually would give clans a much bigger 'warehouse' as a side-effect, perhaps unfortunate? 😉 ). 

Extra dockingspace ... how many slots are we talking about? 2? As they are only ment to hold a ship briefly? What if the ship doesn't get picked up? How long can it be in storagestatus?

Or some sort of deliverysystem ... Like we can store ships in the shipmarket? Each clan-player can stock up extra ships with a system like that? Then why not give a soloplayer the same amount of dockingspace?

Why would a solo-player need less dockingspace than a clan-player? He's likely to sink more, so a bigger shipstock makes life for him also a bit easier?

Wasn't the point to try to attract new players? Of all kinds of playstyles? Casuals might like to stock up on ships, so they can burn through them when they have an active playingperiod? Would giving them the same 'advantages'  as clanmembers have be fair?