Game-Labs Forum

I've been thinking about the war of Carthagena and I like the fact that this port will always cause wars even with all the alts buying goods. The port is so good that its worth sinking 1000 ships to take simply because of the income of gold it makes. Today its 12 million. I am against the OP thickness of ships atm but that is more the base thickness of the ships and not the refit itself. Maybe a bit of both to be fair. I don't really care about this in this topic because I want to talk about copper so don't talk about op thickness here for now :)

Now I think if you did the same to another port and made copper plating craftable and just as hard to craft(maybe harder) it would be a 2nd port to cause big wars. Nassau Boarders and crooked hull are not worth fighting wars over but copper might be :) 

• Like 20

20 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Now I think if you did the same to another port and made copper plating craftable and just as hard to craft(maybe harder) it would be a 2nd port to cause big wars. Nassau Boarders and crooked hull are not worth fighting wars over but copper might be :) 

Yet another way to make the rich richer? 

• Like 1

Just now, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Yet another way to make the rich richer? 

the rich will always be rich because they are smart. The poor will be poor because they are lazy. This game is not real life. In real life there is no profit without deficit. In game you farm ai and make gold. 

Just now, HachiRoku said:

the rich will always be rich because they are smart. The poor will be poor because they are lazy. This game is not real life. In real life there is no profit without deficit. In game you farm ai and make gold. 

Ok Trump. 

LOL that has to be the most ignorant statement I have seen since the US Election, or the last time Trump took to Twitter.

While some people who are rich are that way because of hard work and playing smart, others are rich because of luck and hand-me-downs.   The same goes for the poor, some are poor because they lack the knowledge and or the skills to make money, and others because of bad-luck and theft.

1 minute ago, Odol said:

Ok Trump. 

LOL that has to be the most ignorant statement I have seen since the US Election, or the last time Trump took to Twitter.

While some people who are rich are that way because of hard work and playing smart, others are rich because of luck and hand-me-downs.   The same goes for the poor, some are poor because they lack the knowledge and or the skills to make money, and others because of bad-luck and theft.

You can make millions in missions a day. Don't tell me im ignorant when I'm right

3 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Or we can just bring back copper mines and make copper plating craftable again.......because you know, just about every ship in this time period had a copper bottom and it was nothing special.  

#realism

I get you but we need something to WAR over :)

• Like 1

Just now, Christendom said:

How about bringing back regional bonuses again?  Strong hull regions / pirate refit   etc.  I'd prefer the region matter and not the item it produces that you can just obtain with alts.

that is to big of a change man. Adding copper back and making it a 1 port resource will be great for RVR man.

• Like 1

I have also noticed the Carthagena Tar wars. Great war maker. I like the idea. We need 4 such other places and 2 of these should be in the Gulf so players will have a reason to go there. If copper is one then it needs to be in the form of ore that has to be smelted and turned into sheet copper in the workshop. Then the sheet copper can be sold to shipwright to build ships. More war, more crafting and more content for a lot of players.    

1 hour ago, admin said:

that would be an interesting city.
i wonder what would be the best candidate for copper discovery

This would be a terrible idea.  

But if you had to do it, make it a shallow port so EVERY nation has a shot at taking it.  There will be PBs there every 2 days.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

I've been thinking about the war of Carthagena and I like the fact that this port will always cause wars even with all the alts buying goods. The port is so good that its worth sinking 1000 ships to take simply because of the income of gold it makes. Today its 12 million. I am against the OP thickness of ships atm but that is more the base thickness of the ships and not the refit itself. Maybe a bit of both to be fair. I don't really care about this in this topic because I want to talk about copper so don't talk about op thickness here for now :)

Ideal in my opinion would be if resources were necessary for production of Cartagena Tar, Copper Plating, and some other special modifications but they were only available in distant, nonsafe-zone ports BUT the mods themselves could only be crafted by the skilled craftsmen who reside in Capitol cities. Our "impossible" nations would be, well, impossible. They could control supply of raw materials by capturing the resource ports but they would have to have another nation craft the mods for them because they have no Capitol.

And make those distant resource ports need something from the capitols to encourage two way trade rather than one way teleport.

Edited by Farrago

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

This would be a terrible idea.  

But if you had to do it, make it a shallow port so EVERY nation has a shot at taking it.  There will be PBs there every 2 days.   

Why would it be so bad? Right now only the ultra rich and those extremely lucky from RNG have copper plating. I've seen the price as high as 60 combat marks for copper, equaling a value of 15-18mil. 

If nothing else this would provide a more steady supply of the mod. People would fight to control it, and some would sell it in free ports to make a ton of cash. 

Sounds good to me...