Game-Labs Forum

Sweden declares war on France

sveno

France is welcoming many new player aswell as vets that didn't play with us for months. We are enjoying pvping with them pveing, showing them the game and make them discover this one. Loosing ports is part of gameplay and we don't have succes so far to build enough 1th rate to make everyone ready to risk them in PB withtout organisation. Time will come as aga time came last patch. We are slow, it's a fact, we will deal with it

About PAP, it was useless for us to let the port french and risk people that may have not heard we won't show and it would have make french lost points in victory map what was useless to. It was then decide to just let the port.

Sweden is not interest in fight or they would have attack danish. We thought they will be happy to fight npc, it's still better than empty ports.

Bests regards

Kierrip

1 hour ago, rediii said:

You are attacking brits, despite failing you attacked a nation earlier than we did.

That france isnt doing anything isnt our fault. After MONTHS they should have 25 1sts available. Alone in kingston we saw 10 1sts and 2nd rates grinding the port from ONE clan. It wasnt even EdR which I guess is the biggest clan in france. (If you didnt notice yet it was no assetwipe)

Apart from that it should have been clear that we are looking for guadeloupe since we had it before. atleast since we took deshais. France still took the whole island this weekend and now give it up because didnt think we disagree with that move? Bad joke or something?

Ok, my turn :

I saw that at least 2 more big clans joined the swedes (thanx for the genius Forged Papers system), particulary cabal, letting the Dutch nation as nearly dead, like pirates US and Spain, creating more and more unbalance...
I saw swedes flipped TDB and PAP in nearly 30 minutes, maybe less, assuming that they have at least 4 fleets of 10 ships doing the work, still far more players (counting the inexperimented ones) we can line up...
I saw between 40 and 50 swedes ships (1st rates and Wasa) near Basse Terre when we took it, once again far more than what we can line up...
I saw Swedes flipped PAP at 20H, french time, for player vs player PB (strangely, for the TDB PVE port battle, time was more suitable for us but then we can't catch the guys possibly waiting in the port), being the lunch time for a lot of french players...

finally i see you my dear Redii being more hypocrite as ever, reproaching us not to figth the way you are while you are at least twice our number.
and i see Sveno being detestable and dumber as ever, in pole position to steal the title from a well known former pirate...

As sing Roger Waters, you just fight a war with "the bravery of being out of range", don't reproach us if you don't "feel the warm thrill of confusion" you expected, and just do what you have to do, all the pre map wipe considerations are still up...

56 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I can't bieleve that with 700+ online players France cannot find 25 1st rates or even 4th rates! Not mentioning that Wasa is redeemable and you choose woods, no need to sail, craft, what's the excuse then? Maybe you need some cannons for ships, these you still cannot buy with combat marks. I bet if you ask rediii, he will provide some cannons for French.

The problem is that with 700+ online players, whitout speaking about alts and guys who don't participate in KvK for any reasons, the big majority of players are concentrated in 3 nations : Brits, Danes and Swedes... France, having only french players participating in KvK, is far behind, and other nations sadly don't seems to exist anymore (for Kvk at least)...

Beside that, the problem is not to have 25 1st rate or not, it's all about bringing them in the PB, considering that people don't necessarily live in this game, and all i wrote up, this is pratically impossible...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vil Coyote said:

Ok, my turn :

I saw that at least 2 more big clans joined the swedes (thanx for the genius Forged Papers system), particulary cabal, letting the Dutch nation as nearly dead, like pirates US and Spain, creating more and more unbalance...2 big clans? which one? just cabal recently joined sweden.
I saw swedes flipped TDB and PAP in nearly 30 minutes, maybe less, assuming that they have at least 4 fleets of 10 ships doing the work, still far more players (counting the inexperimented ones) we can line up..i was part of PaP flipping. we took alot more than 30 mins, cause we were just around 7-8 ppl in 3rd-1st rates.
I saw between 40 and 50 swedes ships (1st rates and Wasa) near Basse Terre when we took it, once again far more than what we can line up...ya, we were around 40. nearly each swedish player with a decent ship online...
I saw Swedes flipped PAP at 20H, french time, for player vs player PB (strangely, for the TDB PVE port battle, time was more suitable for us but then we can't catch the guys possibly waiting in the port), being the lunch time for a lot of french players...rofl? rly? french lunch time? u think neither brits, swedes, germans, poles and everyone else in europe dont have dinner around this time???

finally i see you my dear Redii being more hypocrite as ever, reproaching us not to figth the way you are while you are at least twice our number. ? defending is easier than attacking. PB means: 25 vs. 25, so its even!
and i see Sveno being detestable and dumber as ever, in pole position to steal the title from a well known former pirate...plz, arguing with the comparison of "that well known former pirate" disqualifies urself

As sing Roger Waters, you just fight a war with "the bravery of being out of range", don't reproach us if you don't "feel the warm thrill of confusion" you expected, and just do what you have to do, all the pre map wipe considerations are still up...

The problem is that with 700+ online players, whitout speaking about alts and guys who don't participate in KvK for any reasons, the big majority of players are concentrated in 3 nations : Brits, Danes and Swedes... France, having only french players participating in KvK, is far behind, and other nations sadly don't seems to exist anymore (for Kvk at least)...

Beside that, the problem is not to have 25 1st rate or not, it's all about bringing them in the PB, considering that people don't necessarily live in this game, and all i wrote up, this is pratically impossible...

in total:

of u cannot defend ports with 25 ppl, then dont take ports. 

Edited by troody

France, and several other nations, are simply outpowered, and "sadly" have to do with it.

Going or not in this PB is not a choice in this case, but a simple statement.

And as far as game mechanic will go-on tyhe same way, making the strongest nations stronger and the weakest nations weaker, the game will go from map reset to map reset.

Players generally want to play where it is easy to do it. And as a consequence, many of them are choosing Sweden, for having easy capability of fighting 3v1.

This migration was sawn this time and after the last wipe, by entire clans. It will be the same next time, increasing game instability, and Killing RvR in advance.

If SWE just want to wipe out FR, just do it.

You can.

Have fun.

Edited by Eléazar de Damas

You are the DEFENDER, what means you dont need more than 25 players to fight that PB.

What does it matter if we come with 100 ships, when only 25 can get into the Portbattle. "Outnumbered" is just a dumb excuse from people who are feared to lose their ship in PVP on a PVP server.

And where did the devs make Sweden stronger and France weaker? You got 8? Cities which are in a safezone and are uncapturable while Sweden has 2.

I barely see people sinking in frech waters. Most are sinking in Swedish and Danish waters.

6 minutes ago, Eléazar de Damas said:

Players generally want to play where it is easy to do it. And as a consequence, many of them are choosing Sweden, for having easy capability of fighting 3v1.

Who came to Sweden again? i think the most are people who are looking for PVP and Sweden aswell as Danmark and Great Britain offer this content to their players. Like rediii said, why should people come to France, when you dont offer anything?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Abram Svensson said:

You are the DEFENDER, what means you dont need more than 25 players to fight that PB.

What does it matter if we come with 100 ships, when only 25 can get into the Portbattle. "Outnumbered" is just a dumb excuse from people who are feared to lose their ship in PVP on a PVP server.

+1

12 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

A port battle is a fair 25vs25 battle with huge advantage of defending side. You cannot get screened out, you have forts and towers and best joining position. Kierrip said that lots of good players came to back to French nation and now your PB fleet is strong again. I was expecting something more than just abandoming the towns captured by French... 

This assumes that the defender fleet is in advance in the port. It is not. The present game mechanics are dispersing the "small" nations fleets, if these nations just try to do something.

Yesterday evening, 60+ ships were waiting to intercept our PB  fleet. Going to there would just have been offering a suicide fleet, no more.

And anyway, there would have been no PB.

The choice made was the best for France, but I agree, not for Sweden.

Sweden was in a big shit many times.
One ported and camped by both our neighbours, each one of them having the mutlitude in numbers of our fleet.

Did we ever give up and were we whining over and over?
No, we got up again, fought, held fast and won, more than once.

You ask yourself why France is in a such bad shape?
Get your act togheter - FIGHT and eventually win.
Even you loose, you will learn doing things better next time!

The path you are riding will make things worse for you, not because the Swedes, but because the damage your doing to your own community again and again.
This is a wargame, you are on a PvP server, do play the game rather to do anything in reach just to grief the guys looking to play with you.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, sveno said:

Sweden was in a big shit many times.
One ported and camped by both our neighbours, each one of them having the mutlitude in numbers of our fleet.

Did we ever give up and were we whining over and over?
No, we got up again, fought, held fast and won, more than once.

You ask yourself why France is in a such bad shape?
Get your act togheter - FIGHT and eventually win.
Even you loose, you will learn doing things better next time!

The path you are riding will make things worse for you, not because the Swedes, but because the damage your doing to your own community again and again.
This is a wargame, you are on a PvP server, do play the game rather to do anything in reach just to grief the guys looking to play with you.

I agree Sir.

And this does not include suiciding fleets in hopeless fights.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Wait, are you trying to tell me that as defender you couldn't get your ships to defend port? Do you always keep them in capital instead of the frontlines? Are you also trying to say that Swedes had 60+ ships waiting for 24 hours outside for you to come? I feel that you've got a huge imagination and lack of strategic common sense.

Around Kingstown we saw 2nd and 1st rates grinding hostility for a 4th rate port.

1. Maybe safe on Buccentaurs and build 1st rates instead.

2. You dont need 8 2nd and 1st rates grinding a 4th rate port. take 8 Wasas if you need to be 8 and leave the 1sts and 2nds in your north

4 hours ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Wow, Sweden wants to curbstomp a nation again within 1 week of reset?

Wow, just wow. 

And then they are insulted that that nation doesn't want to fight at this time? Well, duh.

we attacked a port we've held for the last two months, you dishonest spindoctor.

2 hours ago, Vil Coyote said:

Ok, my turn :

I saw that at least 2 more big clans joined the swedes (thanx for the genius Forged Papers system), particulary cabal, letting the Dutch nation as nearly dead, like pirates US and Spain, creating more and more unbalance...

You got it the wrong way around. 

We left the dutch because the dutch nation was already dead pvp/rvr wise.

1 hour ago, Quineloe said:

we attacked a port we've held for the last two months, you dishonest spindoctor.

And before those 2 months? And the conditions when you took the port 2 months ago? Don't get me started.

1 hour ago, Aegon Targaryen said:

But why not try to defend ports in 25vs25 PBs? Instead you give up and do nothing?

1 hour ago, Bart Smith said:

Quite disappointed. War finish before even starts.

I'm not surprised. They don't have a fleet ready. Having ships =/= having a fleet. And then to fight against a numercally advantaged and more experienced opponent would destroy the fragile "rebooted" french nation. So you going after a weak france AGAIN to curbstomp them AGAIN and secure your south border by wrecking a playerbase = sign of weakness to me. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

You cant destroy a playerbase anymore since safezones got introduced except danish and swedish.

If they take ports they cant defend its their problem.

lol, good defense on beating a dead horse:D

Next target is Pirate i guess:rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

But why not attack nation able to rvr with your experience? Fear to risk a Wasa? You can make that from sitting on your ass in a host mission..

I can't say I disagree.. But I'm not swedish..

23 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Danish didn't attack Swedes either. It is very pointless to attack nations with huge reinforcement zones. They are very weird at the moment and not logical. Swedes would have to attack Danes on Haiti and Danes would have to attack Swedes... close to French nation? It would be all messed up.

Especially when reinforcement zones practically touch.

But what I am trying to say is that war will come soon enough. Let all build up a bit before declaring full on war. You want worthy opponents or your victories will be empty.