Game-Labs Forum

Travel Advisory for the Lesser Antilles

Slamz

18 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

Enjoy sailing for hours on end between freeports while you nation crumbled. Your Crafters must be stoked.

Most of France's pure crafter-traders were in ICS and they went to Denmark before the fight started.

But also, France has always been the hunter and so we have had very little in the way of ship loss. We choose the fights so we pretty well judge our own risks. Our need for crafter-traders has been relatively slim. (Add to this that we don't really like 1st rates and I think most of our clans just don't have any dedicated crafters. There's not enough demand for that. We are all PvPers who do a little crafting on the side.)

It's part of why you find me being baffled in other threads, in other forum sections, over what the hell it is other people do in this game, if they aren't PvP-hunting. I just can't imagine having been a crafter-trader for the last month because what do you DO? There's not enough demand! Some people have got to just be sitting on 30 million gold and 50,000 iron ingots and haven't the foggiest idea what to do with it all. Nobody is losing 1000 labor hours per day of stuff in this game.

....well, maybe the Pirates are.

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 4

On 8/6/2017 at 8:49 AM, The Boneless said:

On to the 4th page! Seriously, thank you Vernon for doing your part to fill Slamz' post with so much meaningless gibberish that it becomes the most viewed post on Naval Action. Once Vllad and Barbancourt get back from eating crayons and trying to be awesome, please pass my thanks to them as well. With the help of lesser-pvpers like yourselves we can definitely make this happen. Slamz has done so much for the Naval Action community as I'm sure you'll agree, and I can't think of a more fitting shrine to his greatness than a ton of pages filled with absolute rubbish. This is the least we can do for him.

In fact, I was in the middle of my prayers to Slamz in between my poor attempts at PVP last night, and I was thinking - if we could just throw some more meme's up here I bet we could draw this post out further in a less amount of time. They are larger and cover more space on the page. Plus there is the added benefit of you not actually having to generate a cogent argument or use your brain and the page just looking more colorful. Less head pain - more color!

What say you? Shall we progress to page 5 together? For Slamz?

P.S. Shoutout to PURGE for sailing that Bellona all the way to Christianstead and then handing it over last night. I'll bet you can guess who I INSISTED we name it after?

Nothing drys as fast as a tear....

23 hours ago, Timjim2 said:

With all the trading ships lost by Sweden and Denmark its good you have efficient craters..

What happened to BLACK, anyway? They left all the MT pirate clans swinging in the wind and now are doing the same to the Danes.

I thought we'd see them boiling out to fight us on the open sea but with few exceptions, BLACK, BLOOD and SOB have been AWOL. We're sinking other pirates and lots and lots of Danes now but the big pirate conglomerate is nowhere to be found. Wondering if they've largely quit because they mainly wanted 25v25 port battles and nobody is giving it to them -- the Brits may not be capable of it anymore and the French aren't interested.

(If so, it does serve them right. BLACK and friends were the ones who engaged in quite a lot of what I'd call "metagaming actions" leading up to port battles, which really seemed to be a sore point with the US clans and the Brit clans, judging by the forum posts back then. BLACK "won" by making all the other PB-interested parties so disgusted that they quit playing. Now all that's left are the people who love open sea PvP, which BLACK doesn't seem to enjoy, or even log in for.

Maybe next time, rather than "win at all costs", just play the game normally so you don't run off all the people who like the same 25v25 gameplay you do? Just a thought.

Extra credit funny: all the French ports, including the ones attacked by Pirates, were flipped in off hours. I'm sure this was done to "teach us a lesson". Problem is all it did was prove to the few remaining French who actually wanted port battles, that the whole system is broken and not worth bothering with anymore. They have either quit the game, joined the Danes or joined the rest of us in open world PvP raiding, finally agreeing that 25v25 PBs are a waste of time to even try to do.

BLACK wanted 25v25 1st rate fights but everything they have done since the reset has driven off the very players they needed to stick around to give them that kind of fight. The rest of us do not care for it.)

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Slamz said:

What happened to BLACK, anyway? They left all the MT pirate clans swinging in the wind and now are doing the same to the Danes.

I thought we'd see them boiling out to fight us on the open sea but with few exceptions, BLACK, BLOOD and SOB have been AWOL. We're sinking other pirates and lots and lots of Danes now but the big pirate conglomerate is nowhere to be found. Wondering if they've largely quit because they mainly wanted 25v25 port battles and nobody is giving it to them -- the Brits may not be capable of it anymore and the French aren't interested.

(If so, it does serve them right. BLACK and friends were the ones who did the most to exploit mechanics related to port battles, which really seemed to be a sore point with the US clans and the Brit clans, judging by the forum posts back then. BLACK "won" by making all the other PB-interested parties so disgusted that they quit playing. Now all that's left are the people who love open sea PvP, which BLACK doesn't seem to enjoy.

Maybe next time, don't exploit the game so badly that you run off all the people who like the same 25v25 gameplay you do. Dummies.

Extra credit funny: all the French ports, including the ones attacked by Pirates, were flipped in off hours. I'm sure this was done to "teach us a lesson". Problem is all it did was prove to the few remaining French who actually wanted port battles, that the whole system is broken and not worth bothering with anymore. They have either quit the game, joined the Danes or joined the rest of us in open world PvP raiding, finally agreeing that 25v25 PBs are a waste of time to even try to do.

BLACK wanted 25v25 1st rate fights but everything they have done since the reset has driven off the very players they needed to stick around to give them that kind of fight. The rest of us do not care for it.)

Oh we can fill PBs, but not at 2am.  They like the blame the availability of fleets, but somehow we managed to flip 2 ports back to back in the span of 2 hours.  It's simple, the Pirates don't want to fight offensive battles where they might lose, so they set them when no one can defend.  Empty ports are the best ports for BLACK.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Oh we can fill PBs, but not at 2am.  They like the blame the availability of fleets, but somehow we managed to flip 2 ports back to back in the span of 2 hours.  It's simple, the Pirates don't want to fight offensive battles where they might lose, so they set them when no one can defend.  Empty ports are the best ports for BLACK.

Hey they are a serious RVR clan.  PVPing is optional.

3 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Busy with Cartagena.  I'm sure they'll roll their Santisimas over here eventually. 

Wouldnt be so bad if they would just be like the French, and be pirates.  BUT I guess that would be to much to ask.  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Everybody nightflips and workflips if they can.  It's just a wacked system when port battes can be set so quickly and easily and timed like that.  They'll have to make big changes eventually.

One of the flaws in the RvR game aspect is that it does not require a sustained open world presence to succeed.

You can literally log in for a 1-2hour flip and log off and then log in again the next day for 1.5 hour PB.  There is no need to play the game in the hours in between if all you are going to do is the PBs.  No one is hiding or any of that stuff. They are just playing other games waiting for the next PB. With the teleports still in game its only a matter of sailing the seas to build up the RvR fleet. After that you don't even need to be on the seas. You can just sit in the ports until its time with minimal if any OW movement required.

Game needs some tweaks.  One of those tweaks is some addition to RvR that occurs slow over time on the OW. There needs to be more methods of RvR than just the PBs

• Like 4

We dont nightflip. We play in our primetime. This is a global server unlike the nanny server with windows for such things. We know the system needs fixing. The only way that happens is by showing it doesnt work.

Im all for PVP but most of the ganking happens outside my timezone

Edited by BallsOfSteel
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BallsOfSteel said:

We dont nightflip. We play in our primetime. This is a global server unlike the nanny server with windows for such things. We know the system needs fixing. The only way that happens is by showing it doesnt work.

Im all for PVP but most of the ganking happens outside my timezone

Sounds like you should fight someone in your time-- oh right, you joined them.

While I don't think you have, your mates have been very loud about how we don't show up to port battles, aside from the fact that we have decided not to, we also just can't fight a port battle outside of our timezone.

When the pirates and danes make port battles outside our timezone and you know you did, it's showing us that you don't want a fight, you just want safe space.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

Sounds like you should fight someone in your time-- oh right, you joined them.

While I don't think you have, your mates have been very loud about how we don't show up to port battles, aside from the fact that we have decided not to, we also just can't fight a port battle outside of our timezone.

When the pirates and danes make port battles outside our timezone and you know you did, it's showing us that you don't want a fight, you just want safe space.

Yes Im happy to pvp those in my timezone and I will be going after them on my return at the weekend. 

Im sure your new allies will bleat when we start annoying them.

19 hours ago, Bach said:

You can literally log in for a 1-2hour flip and log off and then log in again the next day for 1.5 hour PB.  There is no need to play the game in the hours in between

And I think this is going to get even worse in the upcoming clan war system, which is bringing back flags. Sitting for 30 minutes to plant a flag is a lot less time than was required to be on the OS grinding fleets, or acquiring the stuff for war supplies.

Unless a "flag" is actually something like 100 war supplies, in which case we might be catching a lot of BLACK traders (or more likely, alts) on the open sea...

Im honestly okay with the ability to pop in and out of the game and only play short bursts. Busy life and other interests as well. I do not much care for being cemented down daily to a single game. Currently just working on rebranding a few companies for example which takes a great deal of time depending on the company. With the French all over Danish waters my focus in the game is just getting the last few stragglers of my former Dutch clan over to Danmark and prepping for the clans future plans. So even though I am not logging into the game I still somehow am busy with the game. From what I been told as well from a few members is Eve is similar in this way. Difference is population. 

News from Denmark is that The French have captured 5 ships from JOJO (CCCP) alone.  How many more can they have.  Danish chat is quite toxic..well not really since CCCP rarely say anything ( worth reading that is ).  The Free Danes applaud the French efforts.