Game-Labs Forum

1 hour ago, monk33y said:

To fix the alliances, reduce nations to one allie only each.......! Let's test how strong our bonds really are!!!!

Well, even that would not satisfy some.  

If two nations with too many players in the same time zone (say North American players) were to ally then you would still have others griping about nations/alliances being "unbalanced" and about the dreaded "n"nightflips word.  

Edited by Chijohnaok

Agreed but restrictions of allowing only one allie for each nation (both nations must vote for each other) would help regulate the brig nations allieing together. The map is huge, it takes time to set up outposts for combat. Combat ports generally have no resource value, large nations would in theory struggle to protect all borders if there allie is located on the other side of map. (this would only work with our outposts being reset tho)

On 3/7/2017 at 5:41 AM, Hethwill said:

IMO 3 points are nurturing this "community split"
1. Alliances. There's no point in being this or that faction anymore.... it is truly ridiculous the point we have reached. All for a opportunity to plaster a boasting screen on the forum. nothing else.

2. Regions. There are no limits to allied nations. Everything is accessible the same way. Looking to history even allies would ensure Trade Protective laws to ensure other nations didn't access everything. But nooooooo... don't you dare touch my cheese !!!!! I want it all.

3. No population meter for factions when creating new character. This is just a grain of salt in the entire plate.

So, solving number 1 - either revert the Alliance system to the old community made diplomacy - or- only 1 ally per nation and cannot be repeated in consecutive alliance cycle. And to hell with "wannabe kings and emperors and clan leaders that think they ARE the nation".

Solving number 2 - Allies can use the ports for outposts/ship naval base. No crafting, no buildings. Yes, allies can buy and sell stuff. They ain't smugglers heh.

Number 3, I like the undisclosed info but it provokes overpopulation.

1. I have brought up that while your in an alliance you can only use the ports to gather resources.  You can't build ships in those regions.  So this will make it so you have to help the little nation get there own regions while they can get resources from the bigger nation helping them.  This will also give certain regions more importance to be owned by other nations than just one that every one shares.

2.  They need an end game to be honest cause if no one makes a move to fight they can make the game very stalemate.  The regions and alliances really should reset every 3 months.  You keep all your stuff, but if you have a port in an enemy zone you have to recapture it back after the reset and you have to make those alliances back.  I'm going to bet you will see more changes instead of the same old alliances over and over this way.  Though I think they need to balance out the regions a bit more so some nations don't just have  capital to start with.  Only nation that should be like this is Pirates (yes I'm a pirate), but that would mean they need some real raid mechanics and not the crap we are getting so far for pirates.  Give us kids and a few scattered Pirate ports around the map for econ reasons and than the use of free ports and let us get our ports (not regions ) by doing raids.   Not just be another nation with a bunch of limits (like no alliances or help in PB or battles).  Also would be nice if there was some tax for a region, you don't get enough upkeep/tax's and such the region can fall into chaos and become neutral for other nations to capture.  This will make it so nations that grow to big and can't support all there regions can loose them and they can be snatched up easily by smaller nations.

3.  Incentives to join smaller population nations.  Give the small pop nations a xp/credit boost and maybe the high pop nations get a nagitive since they are so over populated.  Allow pirates to be like Privateers (none outlaws) and fill in small nations Port Battles and fights.   We can join other nations fights in OW right now, but we can't join the port battles.  Let us be able to fill them if they aren't filled after the first 5 mins.  Since there is all ready a 2 min limit for those without agro, make it so pirates can join after 5 mins on any empty side.  So say you have a US vs Brit fight and there is 20 US and 21 Brits but we have 10 pirates on the out side screening and being a pain in the butt.  Well 9 of those can pick a side and join.  Hell make it a 10 min limit before we can join.   

8 hours ago, monk33y said:

To fix the alliances, reduce nations to one allie only each.......! Let's test how strong our bonds really are!!!!

I realy don't mind the two alliance system, but there needs to be a longer cool down.  Say every 3 weeks of alliance you have 2 weeks of cool down your neutral before you can be in an alliance again.  With that make it so you can not put agro on a region to flip it (you can still grind agro) unless you are at war with that nation.  If you do put agro on a nation that your neutral with and you hit 100% you go to war with that nation for one week.  Than you can vote to keep that war or they go back to neutral.   

• Like 1

On 3/5/2017 at 1:01 AM, Major General La Fayette said:

PvP 2 US has been made for you guys, to let US players play with a good ping (Server based in New Jersey) and at their prime time, enjoy it

It's up to the players on which server to want to play. Who you think you are to tell people which server they are allowed to play and which not? Some lose ports some win ports. It has been always the same and will always be. Get used to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CptEdwardKenway said:

It's up to the players on which server to want to play. Who you think you are to tell people which server they are allowed to play and which not? Some lose ports some win ports. It has been always the same and will always be. Get used to it.

Of course it's up to the players to chose but the US are always complaining when we flip ports during the day, if they don't want this to happen, they must change server, we hate night flips but we can't change server, we're already on the EU one, but if the US players are bored of "day flips" they must change server, if they don't, stop complaining.

The devs have created a server based in the USA especially for the US community and they aren't using it, they are playing on the server based in Europe and complaining about our "day flip"... This is non-sense.

Edited by Major General La Fayette

15 minutes ago, Major General La Fayette said:

Of course it's up to the players to chose but the US are always complaining when we flip ports during the day, if they don't want this to happen, they must change server, we hate night flips but we can't change server, we're already on the EU one, but if the US players are bored of "day flips" they must change server, if they don't, stop complaining.

The devs have created a server based in the USA especially for the US community and they aren't using it, they are playing on the server based in Europe and complaining about our "day flip"... This is non-sense.

LMAO.......The only people I have seen complaining about Port Battle Timers are the YMCA brigade of Exploiters. I have not seen 1 post in response to the US complaining of day timers prime EU times.... I can happily find lots from The Danes, French & Spanish.

Enjoy your Night battles just like the EU alliance will enjoy defending the US during your PB flipping times.

As I have stated in numerous threads, AUS, US, China etc are entitled to play on whatever server or fight for whichever server they choose! No one here including you can tell people in an internet multiplayer game what to do!

Here, I have started it off for you... but.... "Build a Bridge and get over it!!"

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/11/2017 at 9:51 AM, Major General La Fayette said:

Playing on dead servers. Seriously? There are also players from asia and australia. I can't see servers for their location. Again it's up to the players which server they choose. And it makes sense to choose the one with the highest population. 

And sorry but I don't see US players complaining. It were always and will always be the same players who complain. Maybe next time you choose your enemies and your allies more wisely. Have a nice day, sir!

Edited by CptEdwardKenway
  • Like 4

On 3/11/2017 at 2:51 AM, Major General La Fayette said:

Respectfully,

You must play a little closer attention to what has been said in the many arguments above. The US has not complained about day flips other than to point out the hypocrisy that has been shown over "night flips". We have been called abusers, exploiters etc because we schedule PBs at our time which is inconvenient to Euros while they schedule PBs at their time which is inconvenient to the US. Its just shear hypocrisy and that is what you find the US complaining about. Just remember that at one time there was only one server. There was no NA server. When multiple servers were built, those on the original, for good reason, wanted to stay on the original and we did and it was a good choice because pvp2 looks boring. The name EU was given to pvp1 at that point.

I do understand your perception about EU server verse NA server but it is a misconception. The servers were created in different areas of the world for ping purposes but we don't have any issue with ping on the EU server. It was always meant to be a global server and even Ink's message said it would return to one. They specifically said in past posts that the server names had nothing to do with who the servers were for.

I think the argument that you made that was fair was when you said that you can't change servers. This is true. Only one server has a player base that plays during your timezones and that is the EU server so I agree that you cannot move as you would find yourself in the same position. Well, I guess there is the Chinese you could fight. But why does people moving have to be the only option? Why can't one of the myriad of ideas that have been posted be used so that we truly can have a global server? Is it because you have become so convinced of your own ownership of this server that you expect others to change to suit your needs, or because you have lost faith in the devs to actually input a solution to the mechanics that would prevent night flips?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Aria said:

Yesterday pb on Castrie at 00h30 AM

14 marsh Pb Morgan's bluff  02h53 AM

15 marsh Pb basse terre 01h22 AM.

Cumana, puerto plata, Wilmington all at 7 - 10am US time and Wilmington was troll no show by the French.  And as far as bass goes, you guys screened us out of Castrese so yes i took my 25 guys and went and made another PB, but only after the french refuses a 25v25 OW fight with their PB fleet :P

Edited by Augustus Charles Hobart H
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

Wilmington was troll no show by the French

There were several players that entered the PB and several more that tried to sail there. Calling it a troll PB is utterly stupid. If you want the PB, then don't screen. Your player base is vastly larger than ours.

• Like 1

If I ever quit, it will not be be because of how other players play the game and how that may make my life hard in it. I will quit because of the management of the game by the devs who can't seem to set their alarm clocks to work on the game or are spending most their time on some other project meaning this game likely has no future.

#setyouralarmclocksdevs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

There were several players that entered the PB and several more that tried to sail there. Calling it a troll PB is utterly stupid. If you want the PB, then don't screen. Your player base is vastly larger than ours.

same for Castrese then in regards to screening, and 4 people join and no one was grabbed by the screen.  So if no one was screened out did they just decide not to sail or not to log in?  And we can agree to disagree on the troll part of Wilmington, but i think we can agree the PB time argument is moot.  And i dont see the US taking to the forums to bitch about it.

Just now, Anolytic said:

are you saying that their team got screened out or that only 4-6 Frenchies showed up? If only 4-6 guys showed up then I think its reasonable to see it as a troll flip, not that I care if it was or wasn't.

10 minutes ago, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

same for Castrese then, and 4 people join and no one was grabbed by the screen.  So if no one was screened out did they just decide not to sail or not to log in? 

Castries wasn't a troll. As far as I heard the French screened you when you tried to get there.

Also, no one screened at Wilmington? I was screened at Wilmington. Ask slaugthererer. I have his Indefatigable as proof of it.

We ended the battle right before the PB would have started and I was in range of the PB, but by that time I had heard that the french had determined they couldn't get their main fleet past the screen at Little River because of the sheer number, so I TPd to port instead. I believe they went out in other ships and fought against some of the screeners.

Also, afaik only 1 player was logged out in the vicinity of the port, and he didn't come home from work in time to join the PB.

10 minutes ago, Johny Reb said:

are you saying that their team got screened out or that only 4-6 Frenchies showed up? If only 4-6 guys showed up then I think its reasonable to see it as a troll flip, not that I care if it was or wasn't.

More than 25 people intended to join that PB. That, by definition, makes it not a troll flip.

Edited by Anolytic

24 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

That his enjoyment in the game has been ruined.

How exactly is this our fault?  Only one of those PBs is a US one.  And that is a port that was taken by the other side at 10 or 11am.  And not even a swede port....

In the past couple of weeks outside US primetime we have had........  Cumana, Morgan's Bluff multiple times, Wilmington (no show), Islamorada, Ays, Nassau, Little Harbor, Puerto Plata multiple times...not to mention some brit and dutch ports.  None of us are quitting.  Boohooo

and surely Rediii isn't attributing the dupe exploit to the US nation.  I think we were the last ones to find out.

i know we were screened at Castries i was leading the fleet, that was a your alliance screens too so you must not want port battles.  And we watched between 10-15 players log off in the two days leading up to the battle but they french fleet was sailing from little river?  No one was grabbed by the screen that was on TS in front of the harbor.

And you logged out for how many port battles in a row and bypassed the screens, but for this on the french wanted to sail? 

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

It's just the current state of the game that is not fun anymore, atleast for me. The only nice battles you get are portbattles, because OW pvp is dead and/or a huge time investment without nice battles (talking about relativly equal battles or atleast only a bit unbalanced).

That is a downside to this game. It is hard to find nice fights. It happens but not very often. Of course, for me, the time zones is an issue there as well. I go out late at night my time and the only ones up at that time our your traders that are getting up before work to do some quick runs.

What I miss is the arranged battles in PotBS. It was quite common for us to do that in the red zones but here when you offer the same thing the opposite side is more likely gonna stick with the gank.