Game-Labs Forum

Political Situation (PvP 1 EU)

BramtheDutch

Yes, we are now playing and having fun a real game with Dutch, who actually is playing at same timezone. Happy uncontested parades guys.

As I said before, diplomacy must not be affected by broken mechanics. You have "the timezone Bomb", ok we gave up and surrended and went to play to another place.

This is a great solution for this problem, hope you will all have some fun in that fight.

Yes, we are now playing and having fun a real game with Dutch, who actually is playing at same timezone. Happy uncontested parades guys.

As I said before, diplomacy must not be affected by broken mechanics. You have "the timezone Bomb", ok we gave up and surrended and went to play to another place.

Man you are dense, always playing the victim. Acting as tho the U.S is using mechanics that you don't have access to. Epitome of take your ball and go home when the devs and community don't cater to you.

Pathetic.

Man you are dense, always playing the victim. Acting as tho the U.S is using mechanics that you don't have access to. Epitome of take your ball and go home when the devs and community don't cater to you.

Pathetic.

No, I am only answer the allusions to another post, not to you. We were not defeated, simply we could not respond while we sleep. Every port taken by you, that port was unreachable for us forever. Meanwhile we read about the mighty power of US faction.... bullshit. All port you took... how many battles with defense were fought? 2? 3? Come on mate, there is clearly one problem here. At  least, in the south, we play with real people while we are with open eyes in eurotime.

All your ports are set in 4-6 am, not in european timezone in european server.

That mechanics is only access to you, players from other timezone, not european, because natural server for an european player is european server. And primetime in europe is the only window for fair attacks in european server. If you want to play in european server without exploiting mechanics of course.

That spoiled the gameplay to european players (spanish faction at the moment) playing in european server. I don't know where are our faction players when I am sleeping, but it's clear they are making nothing. I am asking myself even if they exist, but is an european server anyway.

Btw, I saw in a post from someone from your faction, showing that  timezone setups, inconvenient for europeans, is intended and used to purpose to take advantage to win.

If you want proofs:

"5. It  (choosing the euro server) will probably afford our nation some added security as we are able to set port timers to benefit us and confound (good word choice... lol) our enemies. (Of course this has the bi-product of them doing the same thing and making it harder for us to attack them. We will see how it plays out.)"

Taken directly from one post from one of US clan leaders:

Link, post number 189: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1242-the-first-na-society-tattered-flags-is-now-recruiting/page-10#entry186033

This demostrate that timezone exploit is intended as tactic to take advantage. That demostrate that my complaints were right about this since weeks ago. You known we can used that too, but the difference is we don't use that, we only set the timers to european time in an european server.

For last, I am only appointed a growing problem, I am a tester, not pathetic. And I am in home now, as a european citizen, my place is european server.

I understand, Justme, you don't bother about all players spoiled by this because you can play with others when spanish players give up and go to hell. You left here with a smile in your face. But for many people this is a real issue that prevent to have fun.

I have also understood from some post that this was a reason that spoiled potbs.

Again I ask how dense are you. You had the same opportunity to set time zones convenient to you. Again you flat out lie that you never had the chance to. That somehow the U.S is the only one has this magical ability.

You have the same mechanic the U.S players do. Do not blame the U.S faction for your ineptitude.

This is a Guild Allaince thread sir... not all clans adhere to the agreements here sadly.

A guild alliance thread? I am pretty sure it says political situation. Politics being at a national level; not agreements from one clan on behalf of the entire nation to another nation. 

No, I am only answer the allusions to another post, not to you. We were not defeated, simply we could not respond while we sleep. Every port taken by you, that port was unreachable for us forever. Meanwhile we read about the mighty power of US faction.... bullshit. All port you took... how many battles with defense were fought? 2? 3? Come on mate, there is clearly one problem here. At  least, in the south, we play with real people while we are with open eyes in eurotime.

All your ports are set in 4-6 am, not in european timezone in european server.

That mechanics is only access to you, players from other timezone, not european, because natural server for an european player is european server. And primetime in europe is the only window for fair attacks in european server. If you want to play in european server without exploiting mechanics of course.

That spoiled the gameplay to european players (spanish faction at the moment) playing in european server. I don't know where are our faction players when I am sleeping, but it's clear they are making nothing. I am asking myself even if they exist, but is an european server anyway.

Btw, I saw in a post from someone from your faction, showing that  timezone setups, inconvenient for europeans, is intended and used to purpose to take advantage to win.

If you want proofs:

"5. It  (choosing the euro server) will probably afford our nation some added security as we are able to set port timers to benefit us and confound (good word choice... lol) our enemies. (Of course this has the bi-product of them doing the same thing and making it harder for us to attack them. We will see how it plays out.)"

Taken directly from one post from one of US clan leaders:

Link, post number 189: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1242-the-first-na-society-tattered-flags-is-now-recruiting/page-10#entry186033

This demostrate that timezone exploit is intended as tactic to take advantage. That demostrate that my complaints were right about this since weeks ago. You known we can used that too, but the difference is we don't use that, we only set the timers to european time in an european server.

For last, I am only appointed a growing problem, I am a tester, not pathetic. And I am in home now, as a european citizen, my place is european server.

I understand, Justme, you don't bother about all players spoiled by this because you can play with others when spanish players give up and go to hell. You left here with a smile in your face. But for many people this is a real issue that prevent to have fun.

I have also understood from some post that this was a reason that spoiled potbs.

Siegfried, how many times do we have to say your timers are when we are asleep or at work.  Your position is no more tenable than us.  And actually, this is not a European server.  It is located in the EU, THAT is it.  Because it is located in the EU doesnt mean a thing.

Anyway, such discussion is off topic.

Siegfried, I see you are buying into the Spanish narrative that all the ports the U.S. has captured have been "untimered". This is not true.

Rio Seco, Tampa, Las Tortugas, Hitten Hatcha, San Marcos, and Cayo de Sal - at the very least, these were taken on Spanish timers.

We did not "choose" the EU server to gain an advantage; if you recall the devs did not reveal that there would even be a U.S. based server until after EA. At this point almost every had played during the pre-EA period and leveled on PvP1. We also have many members who have been playing years on PvP1 and have developed relationships with other clans and factions that are not going to be dropped just to obtain a meaningless ping decrease of like 50s.

The fact that the servers are named EU and US is a significant problem for the game. They are based in those locations, but the naming convention implies some sort of association with where a player *should* play, and the devs refuse to change it for some reason. That is the fault of the game design, not a malicious plot for the U.S. to winz the map (not even possible, btw, because the game doesn't define what winning the map is, or if it will exist).

Edited by 'Sharpe
  • Like 1

A guild alliance thread? I am pretty sure it says political situation. Politics being at a national level; not agreements from one clan on behalf of the entire nation to another nation.

Read back a few pages, a clear statement has been made on that at least twice.

Also read the text below the headline.

Edited by bramluijken

The big difference here seems to be that the American faction IS quite willing to set alarms to take ports at times inconvenient to us.  It does not seem that other, more vocal factions are willing to do the same.

Well that's quite funny, and im not mocking you or anything im just stated some facts.

So we set our timers to lets say around 6pm-8pm that's what 12pm-2pm US time and this is going based on assumption as America is a big country so time could vary 12-2pm setting an alarm and waking up for then is a hell alot better than 4-6am for us? Which is like 9pm-12am for you.

So it's easy for you to say set alarms but im not setting an alarm for bloody 4am in the morning when all you have to do is wake up like you normally would at 11am ish

I think the best timers for US and EU would be about 11pm-1am EU which would make it like 5-6pm US which is damn sight lot better that the 4-6am it is now and will stop this stale mate which is happening

and this is just facts/assusmptions on the time you wake up.

Were all pointing fingers to everyone else blaming them for setting bad timers, fact is they have been set now and nothing will change that until they are re-captured and we could work together to figure out best times for everyone and set them at a time which is alright-ish for everyone or atleast vary some of the port timers

Until the Mechanic is adjusted we need to figure out a work around best for all of us instead of blaming and trying say 'set an alarm'

ofcourse other factors come into play like work etc and we do have US/RUS player on during those times, but the vast majority of EU players wont be on

Edited by The Bloody Hound

Uhhh, some of the ports were starting at 5am US time.  And the others, the vast majority of us are working during this time.  It is a lot harder to get time off than it is to set an alarm and get up early or go to bed late.  And let us also remember that in the US, we get less vacation time than those in the EU.

Again, this is off topic, has nothing to do with game politics, and is only whining

• Like 2

Uhhh, some of the ports were starting at 5am US time.  And the others, the vast majority of us are working during this time.  It is a lot harder to get time off than it is to set an alarm and get up early or go to bed late.  And let us also remember that in the US, we get less vacation time than those in the EU.

Again, this is off topic, has nothing to do with game politics, and is only whining

Well im on about pirate ports (Which i assume are around 12pm ish US time) not sure on the Spanish etc, And i Agree alot of people are working etc and Sucks that US don't get more holidays tbh and aye it is getting off-topic

im just on about the comment 'set an alarm' which i find quite hilarious...  That's like me saying to you take a day off work to take a port... you not going to do it... like im not going to set an alarm for 3-4am (assuming i went bed at 10pm+)

and i know you didn't say set an alarm but heh some US players saying stuff on these fourms about timers... and visa versa with some EU players

i don't want to come of as a whinny person i just can't bite my tongue any longer on some of these comments...

Edited by The Bloody Hound
  • Like 1

In regards to the Current Spanish vs British Conflict, those clans that are allied currently with the spanish hate what certain british clans are doing to them and are trying to keep friendly relations as best as possible.

Hate is such a strong word!

Again I ask how dense are you. You had the same opportunity to set time zones convenient to you. Again you flat out lie that you never had the chance to. That somehow the U.S is the only one has this magical ability.

You have the same mechanic the U.S players do. Do not blame the U.S faction for your ineptitude.

Yes, we can set our time at 4-6 too, but hardly it would be advantage for us. Because, again is a european server. We could not set any timer because, as you know very well, original spanish ports can not be set time in it. That is the reason you have all long coast without opposition and we can't even try any attack. Exploiting mechanic and call inepts to people who is sleeping is dishonest for your part.

You can see the proof that many of you are using that as advantage. And if I must to be dense for people or devs can see this problem, I will make it so.

And we don't put time convenient to us, we set european time in european server. If I was playing in US server, then I would say nothing.

But it's so difficult to you understand.

This thread is about politics, but the problem of timer affects hard at politics, not OT at end of day. In a server without that problem, politics would be different and we would be now fighting in the coast between San Agustin and Cape Biscaino, or joining forces against pirates. All of you can agree with me in that at least?

Many of you are reasonable people who can make a debate with reasonable words.

As we said before, spain was forced to get a workaround and went to play another place with someone who they can play actually. But you can't say it was for ineptitude, cowardy or your great bravery because all of us know the real reason.

And we don't put time convenient to us,

Cough cough, Spaniards started out by setting their times to 18:00-20:00. At that time a few US players are usually online and with Early Access the nation have gotten more European players, and so we rallied our Fleet and took the ports with timers set around  18/20 server time. 

Then for some reason the Spaniards started setting their timers to 12:00-14:00 server time. This is extremely early for all the US players making it hard to gather enough ships to assault the ports. Yet, we had several US players set their alarm clocks to very early in the morning for them so that we could assault the ports. 

We showed up with about 10 and what happened? The Spaniards didn't even defend those ports. 

- Now some people might ask; "Why did the Spaniards not defend those ports?" 

Well, let me tell you a story. I'm a European. I have family that lives in Spain. 12:00-14:00 server time is actually one of the most inconvenient times for the Spaniards. 

Why? 

Oh well, the Youngsters are in school and the Adults are at work. 

Now you might think to yourself; "But why would they choose a time where 90% of their nation can't play?" 

And i can answer that question as well! Because they thought to themselves "US Players are abusing the timer thing so bad... Let's do the same, let's set our ports to the time that is most inconvenient to the US Nation!"

In fact, the US nation is using the timers exactly the way they are meant to be used. We are setting our timers to 04-06 because that is when we have the most players on.

- Oh, you could switch out Spaniards with French and the story would still be true! :o

And for the last time, we are playing on the EU server for several reasons; 

1. There was no EU server when Early Access (Headstart) opened. 

2. There is this thing called the Community. We are as much a part of it as you are. 

- We don't want to leave the Community we helped create behind and we also do not want to create a whole new community from scratch. 

As i, and many many other US players have stated here on the forums, we feel your pain. The US was in the exact same situation as Spain is (Not being able to set timers on already owned ports). 

- Not only do we feel your pain but many of us have come with suggestions as to how we might make the time zone difference have less impact on the game.

All in all, if Spain had been able to set the timers on their original ports then they would have had an easier time holding their territory. However, the playerbase of the Spain nation is not near big enough to hold that much territory even with timers. I don't think any nation has enough players to hold that many ports spread out over the whole friggin map. 

Sorry but i'm tired of reading the same bull**** comments over and over again. Please can we stop this ridicoulus discussion and just get back on topic; Current Political Situation. 

Thaaank you!

Edit; And it goes for both US and Spain players. I'm sure it's not just me who's tired of reading crap comments constantly. 

• Like 4