Game-Labs Forum

Important: Release information and next steps

I just placed my order on GameLabs' website for the $39.99 Alpha version, before I noticed that Steam keys will not be sent out until this Friday. This means I won't be able to log in until after the official release. Will I still receive the extras that come with a pre-order, i.e. the yacht and whatever other goodies early adopters will be getting, even if I don't sign in before the 21st?

• Like 1

I'm guessing (but I don't know, I'm just a volunteer) that you will miss out on the extras:

3. All current owners of the game will be able to start playing before Steam early access opens. Head start date is set on 19th of January. Everyone will receive several exceptional vessels for participating in the testing of the game. To receive the exceptional vessels you must login and create a character during head start. Only created characters will receive ships.

But nobody other than admin can make the decision.

~Brigand

• Like 1

I just placed my order on GameLabs' website for the $39.99 Alpha version, before I noticed that Steam keys will not be sent out until this Friday. This means I won't be able to log in until after the official release. Will I still receive the extras that come with a pre-order, i.e. the yacht and whatever other goodies early adopters will be getting, even if I don't sign in before the 21st?

I've purchased a couple of weeks ago, and as far as I can remember, they sent me the Steam keys on the next day (it wasn't a Friday).

Can anybody advise me as to whereabouts of the 'Exeptional ships'. I followed the instructions and logged on with my created character but have not seen the ships as yet.  Regards from sunny Wiltshire UK.

Ships will be awarded later. If you logged in, created a character and played around a bit, you should receive it later.

~Brigand

I'm guessing (but I don't know, I'm just a volunteer) that you will miss out on the extras:

But nobody other than admin can make the decision.

~Brigand

Turns out my post was obviated. My code arrived unexpectedly today, so I was able to install and play -- and there was my yacht.

• Like 2

Hi there. I purchased Naval Action awhile ago. But its been awhile since I last logged into the game. I have just received the email today telling me about the release of early access on Steam. The email tells me I have to log in to the game to get the bonus ships etc before 5am pacific time on the 21st. But I cant log in because the servers are down for the big pre-release maintenance.

So it looks like I am not going to get the bonus content for being a pre-release tester.

I am disappointed that I have only got the email today on the 20th and I cant get into the game due to the maintenance.

A longer notice about this matter would have helped, as it looks like I am going to miss out.

There is a long maintenance on the PvP server, but you should be able to log in the PvE server in a moment. And you can create your character, if you don't redeem the ships, you wiil be able to redeem them in the PvP server later, even with a new character/

There is a long maintenance on the PvP server, but you should be able to log in the PvE server in a moment. And you can create your character, if you don't redeem the ships, you wiil be able to redeem them in the PvP server later, even with a new character/

Thanks for that info, I've managed to log into the pve server now.

So hopefully I will get the bonus ships.

Account or character? Because I kind of removed the character I redeemed the Yacht on (I know, not the smartest move)

I made a new character and played a bit, but the Yacht's on a cooldown and the PVP server is still locked. I have a feeling that I might have really screwed things up...

Edit- Just read a new thread from Addy. The date got extended, so I think I'll be fine. 

Edited by Kookaburra

In case you didn't recieve the key yet, it will be sent today.To obtain the extras you need to create a character on any server. You may check this thread for more info about redeemables

• 10 months later...
On 1/15/2016 at 5:50 AM, admin said:

Hello Captains. 

We would like to share with you important dates regarding the release of the game.

Since beginning of the year we were focused on the infrastructure and servers. All the feature work will continue after early access launches.

kTClCGx.jpg

Release plans

1. We are planning to stop the servers for the preparation for the release on Sunday morning 17th January. They should have been stopped earlier but we wanted to give a chance for a last pre-wipe "Trafalgar event" 

2. Servers will be down from 17th until 19th of January for preparing the release databases. All character data will be deleted and wiped. This will be the last XP (rank) reset and in the future your XP will be saved and safe. There might be drops or increases in rank if the testing shows that xp will have to be rebalanced, but your earned XP will always stay.  

3. All current owners of the game will be able to start playing before Steam early access opens. Head start date is set on 19th of January. Everyone will receive several exceptional vessels for participating in the testing of the game. To receive the exceptional vessels you must login and create a character during head start. Only created characters will receive ships.

4. There will be a long maintenance on the night between 20 and 21 January. 

5. Release date is 21 January. The release date depends on the time it takes for Valve to approve the release. It usually is done in under 3 days but sometimes can take longer. It will all depend on Valve now.

Short version

1. 17th Jan - Servers stopping 

2. 18th Jan - Data wipe

3. 19th Jan - Head start

4. 20th Jan - Long maintenance (approx 9pm CET till 9am CET next day)

5. 21st Jan - Several exceptional ships given to all captains who logged in from 19-21

6. 21st Jan - Release (tentative on valve timing)

Of course we know that most plans don't survive when the meet reality. We do not discount the possibility that something might change. The riskiest date is the release date itself. If Valve is slow the date will be moved forward.

I see this is an old post now. NVM. 

Edited by Buba Smith

2 minutes ago, Buba Smith said:

TYVM for the heads up. I look forward to the final full release version of the game and, please pass along my thanks to all those involved with the developement of NA. I really mean that; I can't say enough about how well I think the test phases have gone (I'm sure some will disagree) and the countless hours and appreciation the developement teams get for all their hard work; over all I honestly think the final product will be well worth the effort and patience of all involved. 

If you ever need any help please knock on my cabin door. 

Sincerely, 

Buba Smith (PvE),

Bubba Smith (PvP)

Holy necro of necroed posts....

This was a post when the game went from closed testing, to EA as it is now on steam. Not the "real" release.