Game-Labs Forum

Pirate Mechanics Vote

985 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pirates be able to capture ports, and if not, should they be able to raid instead?

• Port Capture Only.
    • Raiding Only.
    • No Port Capture or Raids.
  2. 2. Should Pirate crafting exclude 1st Rates (Santisima, Le Océan etc)?

• Yes.
    • No.
  3. 3. Should Pirate crafting exclude 2nd Rates (Pavel etc)?

• Yes.
    • No.
  4. 4. Should Pirate crafting exclude 3rd Rates (Bellona etc)?

• Yes.
    • No.
  5. 5. Should Pirate crafting exclude 4th Rates (Ingermanland etc)?

• Yes.
    • No.
  6. 6. Should Pirate crafting exclude 5th Rates (Frigate, Belle Poule etc)?

• Yes.
    • No.

In case y'all missed this from the other thread.  (Only posting because the topic keeps driving around in circles, with the "pirates shouldn't build big boats" or "Pirates shouldn't capture ports") 

This I think is the most salient line in the post.

"In a sandbox everyone has access to same tools and can use them the way they want."

If we want pirates to be more pirate like, we need mechanics that CAN be used by any nation, but WILL be more favored by those who want to be pirates.

I don't think stripping any ability or access is on the table.

And that's the problem. This is not a historical open world sandbox game which is what was originally advertised. Turns out the devs definition of this is a historical setting with historical ships and fantasy gameplay. The truth is they want to appeal to the short attention span generation in order to increase profits because heaven knows that's all that matters.

And another thing. They keep saying that if people want changes they should make proposals for changes to improve the game. This thread and several others have made numerous proposals that will definitely improve the game, but these are ignored because it means changing the game and raise cries of "unfair" and "You're stripping features from the game." What about all the additional features that could be added that will make the game much more interesting and fun. No, that's not on the table. Only proposals that don't change anything are welcomed. Which is just another way of saying, shut up and go away. And it doesn't seem to matter if the vote is overwhelming in favor of such changes, I guess because the great silent majority has the final say.

I say fine. You want another run and gun MMO with absolutely no redeeming value to anyone but the most shallow of players, then just go right on the way you're going. You'll find many will leave. And with waning popularity, the servers will be taken down and you won't be able to play for very long.

• Like 1

And that's the problem. This is not a historical open world sandbox game which is what was originally advertised. Turns out the devs definition of this is a historical setting with historical ships and fantasy gameplay. The truth is they want to appeal to the short attention span generation in order to increase profits because heaven knows that's all that matters.

And another thing. They keep saying that if people want changes they should make proposals for changes to improve the game. This thread and several others have made numerous proposals that will definitely improve the game, but these are ignored because it means changing the game and raise cries of "unfair" and "You're stripping features from the game." What about all the additional features that could be added that will make the game much more interesting and fun. No, that's not on the table. Only proposals that don't change anything are welcomed. Which is just another way of saying, shut up and go away. And it doesn't seem to matter if the vote is overwhelming in favor of such changes, I guess because the great silent majority has the final say.

I say fine. You want another run and gun MMO with absolutely no redeeming value to anyone but the most shallow of players, then just go right on the way you're going. You'll find many will leave. And with waning popularity, the servers will be taken down and you won't be able to play for very long.

I don't think that's quite fair. The fact is every game goes through the same cycle, some more rapidly than others.  Games with larger appeal will either spike and fall quickly, or spike and endure for years. Niche games however tend to simply plod along without major shifts in popularity or funding for years upon years.  It sounds to me you would prefer the latter, while most developers would like to shoot for the former, and hope the spike is not of the "fall quickly" variety.

I also don't think they are ignoring all the good ideas, but rather evaluating not only the will of the community as previously defined, but also the complexity of introducing those new mechanics onto the designs already in place, and the amount of hours required to make those changes. I suspect that "easy" changes will get more traction than dramatic, difficult, and risky changes with unknown outcomes.

I'm a developer by trade, and anyone not a developer would be surprised at just how hard it is to shoe horn in some new features.  I am always explaining to laymen who have requests the rather dramatic difference in development time that one request has from another. Often they seem like nearly identical in difficulty to others, when in fact one is a 5 minute fix and another would take months of development to grind through all the permutations.  Work that could be avoided with a subtle change in requirements.

Bottom line, its impossible to know exactly how much work would need to go into any one of our suggestions.  All changes are not equal, and with a small development team, very often you have to focus on the low hanging fruit.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken
  • Like 2

Pirates will be no issue as soon as we will get some patches concerning port battle mechanic.

All battles against them are really eaysy the only problem is numbers and numbers will start  decline when their ports will be cleared.

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1

Quantity has a quality all its own. Strategy doesn't necessarily mean anything if you have the numbers to overpower smaller nations. Pirates are very near #1 population. And every time a nation is defeated, large amounts of players turn pirates. If pirates want a game in which everyone, or the majority of the people are pirates, continue with your current mindset, but it will mean the ruin of Naval Action.

I agree to BLACKIE and his suggestions.

Playing PIRATES is hugely frustrating as I personally feel "NERFED" in the sense that I cannot play as a true pirate.

How can the devs can create such an amazing battle machine and fail to launch a true game in the open world?

MY BEAUTIFULLY crafted PRIVATEER is of no use, and thats the reason the game is already "nerfed" for me....

I am reluctant to sail anything beyond Frigate, and right now the game forces me to GRIND only for a 3rd rate....

For me, the GAME is OVER, as simple as that.

And yes, replying to this guy ("I will deinstall the game if I cannot craft a 3rd rate", for sure, I deinstall the game if I CAN do so....)

The game will be taken over by the kids and, of course, kids WANT IT ALL and NOW and for everone.

The MARKET forces the devs to remain the game this way and they will introduce more bullshit to the game (as PREMIUM SHPIS later on).

Just imagining they introduce the Ingermanland (Russian) into the Carribean makes me .......uahaha.....

Well, there is no FEEL to the play as a Pirate as there is no FEEL to be British or Dutch in particualr.

Why not restrict the nations to their original ships?

And here is the answer....the market forces them to open up the game for ALL, anyone wants it all and unlimited at every time....thats the main reason why

there will be no sophisticated gaming experience.

It is just the area of sandbox and WoW-gaming and not of historical-realistic naval action.

It is a shame, but I personally found pleasure in watching all documentary films on Pirates and the age of sails while

brainlessly sailing for hours with no interaction or fear getting caught......

Despite, the 37 Euro was well spent for the odd experience (I did not know that the Danish and Swedish had colonies !),

I put the game to bed and will have a look at it in 1 years time.....

BRAVO, GENTLEMEN, BRAVO!

• Like 1

Able seaman is right, too.

The new patch tells the story. There will be so much work to do to balance even little changes.

I suppose there will be no place for our perfect "Pirate MMO-dream" in the future.

It will take 1-2 years. I personally enjoy Sid Meier´s game and if I have the feeling to need to fight with big guns

I turn to Naval Action Small battles for 30 minutes.

Time will tell.

Guys, dont GRIND !

Waste of time...

Pirates will be no issue as soon as we will get some patches concerning port battle mechanic.

All battles against them are really eaysy the only problem is numbers and numbers will start  decline when their ports will be cleared.

Says british-zerg) lol

Sorry for the bad English.

I do not remember that in Cuba and other islands of the Caribbean Gulf shipbuilding flourished as it is booming in the game. And there was such an abundance of all kinds of resources. All ships fetches from different parts of the world, and the resources were imported from the mainland. Limited to one, and the rest are fairly limited.

Sorry for the bad English.

I do not remember that in Cuba and other islands of the Caribbean Gulf shipbuilding flourished as it is booming in the game. And there was such an abundance of all kinds of resources. All ships fetches from different parts of the world, and the resources were imported from the mainland. Limited to one, and the rest are fairly limited.

Fantasy gaming....

After playing this game for nearly 800 hours in total i changed my vote.

Like Prater said every person have a right to change their opinion so thats what i did.

I see pirates going nowhere with current mechanics besides turning to another big fat nation.

( I was arguing this before and i have to apologize i didn't think this through )

Most of the time i find game more interesting when sailing in small ships, ganking in missions or attacking traders.

Its is a shame that big ships does not understand it and trying to attack us in like 4 trincomalees with renomme/surprise support (i have lots of fun screens and videos of that)

So my vote was raid ports only but give 4 ports that can not be captured to gather materials for craft.

Remove all crafting ability for rank 6 ships and higher.

Also i would say  remove ability to sail those.

Make only pirates can capture ships and use them.

Remove all deliveries and make buildings available in free towns.

Make 4 ports that can not be captured for building mines/foresters etc

Because the way pirates mechanics works now. we might as well all play for Brits or Denmark :)

That is my opinion after playing all this time as a pirate.

Edited by Toothless Jack
  • Like 5

After playing this game for nearly 800 hours in total i changed my vote.

Like Prater said every person have a right to change their opinion so thats what i did.

I see pirates going nowhere with current mechanics besides turning to another big fat nation.

( I was arguing this before and i have to apologize i didn't think this through )

Most of the time i find game more interesting when sailing in small ships, ganking in missions or attacking traders.

Its is a shame that big ships does not understand it and trying to attack us in like 4 trincomalees with renomme/surprise support (i have lots of fun screens and videos of that)

So my vote was raid ports only but give 4 ports that can not be captured to gather materials for craft.

Remove all crafting ability for rank 6 ships and higher.

Also i would say  remove ability to sail those.

Make only pirates can capture ships and use them.

Remove all deliveries and make buildings available in free towns.

Make 4 ports that can not be captured for building mines/foresters etc

Because the way pirates mechanics works now. we might as well all play for Brits or Denmark :)

That is my opinion after playing all this time as a pirate.

Do you realize that you still can do all the things you want as pirate right now, sailing in small ships, ganking in mission, raiding in small group with only frigates? I ve never been myselft interested in sailing in sol, and I always sail in OW in frigate class ( even if i reach max rank long time ago).  I saw alot of people just want biggest ships, with biggest guns and stay just in front of the capitol to show off their big ships, what it s amuzing is those are also the same people that complain on the forum that they dont want to see everyone in first rate.

Some people think pirate should only do piracy, it means fighting in small group,raiding, robbering,ect but there are also some other people (included myself ) believe that pirate could also be more than just a bunch of rascal that destroy, rob, plunder everything on sight. Pirate could build up the most democratic anarchy utopia world where freedom is the foundation and where every men are equal despite their original countries, the Republic of Pirate.

When you suggest to change the game mechanics it will just make pirate confine to only 1 play style which is piracy when right now players are free to chose the playstyle that suit them most.

• Like 1

Do you realize that you still can do all the things you want as pirate right now, sailing in small ships, ganking in mission, raiding in small group with only frigates? I ve never been myselft interested in sailing in sol, and I always sail in OW in frigate class ( even if i reach max rank long time ago).  I saw alot of people just want biggest ships, with biggest guns and stay just in front of the capitol to show off their big ships, what it s amuzing is those are also the same people that complain on the forum that they dont want to see everyone in first rate.

Some people think pirate should only do piracy, it means fighting in small group,raiding, robbering,ect but there are also some other people (included myself ) believe that pirate could also be more than just a bunch of rascal that destroy, rob, plunder everything on sight. Pirate could build up the most democratic anarchy utopia world where freedom is the foundation and where every men are equal despite their original countries, the Republic of Pirate.

When you suggest to change the game mechanics it will just make pirate confine to only 1 play style which is piracy when right now players are free to chose the playstyle that suit them most.

I am doing exactly the same and im sure no captains would tell you that they saw me in huge ship :) I have 1 trinc for xp farming and used it month ago lol.

All im saying if they would actually change game play for pirates there would be ONLY those who likes that style. And no nation is scarred to 'become' a pirate by targeting own nation because its a heaven :) At the moment it depends on players and if we really want those pirates be different they have to change it.

Because from hard mode it became ' very easy' mode :) With my post i was trying to show how my opinion changed since my first posts where i was defending pirate game style as it is now.

EDIT: Sorry for my chaos in writing. Doing 10 things at once :)

And also thp.. if you would like to team up on small raids please pm me in game or here?

Edited by Toothless Jack
  • Like 1

They say youth is wasted on the young. I might add that history is also wasted on the young who for the most part have no real sense of history any more because it is no longer taught in schools. All you get is what your government wants you to hear, and that for the most part is scary or boring. You never learn actual history that has much to teach. For those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat.

As it stands now, this game is an accurate historical sailing simulation with Disney game play, which has been pointed out by others. World of Tanks and World of Warships and World of Warplanes are all perfect examples. Successful because they pander to the lowest common denominator, those who don't know history and don't care. Just give me the big guns and watch me blow stuff up. The only thing to learn here is the biggest ship wins. The largest clan wins. Power is everything. Which of course isn't true at all.

The only way many of the naval officers and pirates can play is in PvP battles or single player. And it's a shame really because a true historical simulation could be enjoyed by all, and we would all learn something that can be carried over into real life. The truth is losing teaches far more lessons than winning. But there are so many other factors involved. Like bravery, comradery, brothers in arms, teamwork, tactics, strategy, and never giving up.

A battle is never the end all to any war. You have to have a reason to fight. If it's just give me the biggest ship and the biggest guns and let's see who's the best, that gets boring real fast. Why have a huge open world game where you can go anywhere and do anything in an RPG environment, and all you do is look for weaker players to destroy? What's the point? What have you accomplished? To be the biggest dog in the yard for an hour?

Wouldn't it be far more fun to have nations in the game with historically accurate ships, unique abilities, and played completely different than other nations with different goals and interests? Wouldn't be far more fun to feel like you belonged to that nation and roleplay a captain living as they did in the age of sail with the same concerns, worries, and missions? And to be able to play as different nations to have a completely different game experience? Why not add treasure hunting, expand trading, introduce exploration and discoveries, include a whole variety of faction specific missions, and create character development to advance in naval ranks with perks and rewards. There is so much that can be done to enhance gameplay in an historically accurate simulation that is far and away better than any power makes right, biggest gun wins arcade game.

If you just want to feel like you are superman you can always play in the quick battles using the biggest ships any time you want. Why completely turn this game into a World of Warships grind just for the sake of low expectations. Come on people. Expand your minds, expand your horizons. Grow up for heaven's sake.

I agree with every thing you say but would add that prior to open-access there was no such ambition to wipe out other clans and nations.

Alliances would come and go. The pirate/danish alliance is however set in stone and can be thought of as a nation with no limit to ambition and the numbers to enforce it. 

For the first time world domination seems to be the plan with no regard to the long-term health of the game

PS I would stay a frigate captain for ever if I could but that would be denying my clan the (eventual) resource of another SOL - which they need due to the above threat. The game mechanism is broken

would exclude Russians and also Americans. No Ingermanland 3rd rate or St. Pavel and no American Constitution.

Heresy :)

Great and beautiful vessels will continue to be added to the game.

You claimed somewhere that we do it for marketing. The answer is - NO. We are doing it for the ships.

This game is for those who love age of sail ships. 

Most likely a Venetian ship and Christian could win the votes and will be added to the game. 

I agree with every thing you say but would add that prior to open-access there was no such ambition to wipe out other clans and nations.

Alliances would come and go. The pirate/danish alliance is however set in stone and can be thought of as a nation with no limit to ambition and the numbers to enforce it. 

For the first time world domination seems to be the plan with no regard to the long-term health of the game

PS I would stay a frigate captain for ever if I could but that would be denying my clan the (eventual) resource of another SOL - which they need due to the above threat. The game mechanism is broken

Lets put the pirate discussion aside for a second. Because if pirates become outlaws and are limited by certain rules they will just reroll to other nations. Assuming there are no pirates at all, your concerns will still remain. 

Currently it is a Grand Wargame with no limitations - pure sandbox. 

The problem with sandboxes is that there are only one Hero, the rest eventually become his vassals until he dies (leaves the game bored). Then his empire is broken into pieces by others. You are experiencing the rise of the large empire, which depend only on player desire and willingness to fight.

Of course there might be some mechanics that are not working properly or are not finished (port battles BR and quick wins etc) but even if they are fixed the problem with sandbox will still remain - there will be a group of people who will want to rule the world (in our case Caribbean) and will use their resources to dominate others. People will join this group because they want to be a hero as well. 

PS. regarding frigates. frigates are awesome in small group pvp and i know a lot of people who sail them exclusively. They don't care about SOLs.

• Like 1

Admin said:

"Lack of port capture is not going to make pirate gameplay interesting. Henry Morgan captured a lot of towns using his own forces (at some point he had 1400 infantry under his command - all buccaneers), if henry morgan could do it (he had funds and could hire people on the promise of riches) then any JackSparrow111 could do it too if he has enough funds and friends. But you can try to persuade us to the contrary."

Well Henry Morgan operated in an earlier time, 1650's - 1680s when there was more government sanction of pirate activity against an enemy nation. Pirates in the core time period of NA operated much differently.

Hopefully implementing the other game features such as the land in PB, etc will create more incentives for gameplay some pirates want - raiding in smaller ships etc, without a bunch of special rules or nerfs.

Lets put the pirate discussion aside for a second. Because if pirates become outlaws and are limited by certain rules they will just reroll to other nations. Assuming there are no pirates at all, your concerns will still remain. 

The problem with sandboxes is that there are only one Hero, the rest eventually become his vassals until he dies (leaves the game bored). Then his empire is broken into pieces by others. You are experiencing the rise of the large empire, which depend only on player desire and willingness to fight.

Of course there might be some mechanics that are not working properly or are not finished (port battles BR and quick wins etc) but even if they are fixed the problem with sandbox will still remain - there will be a group of people who will want to rule the world (in our case Caribbean) and will use their resources to dominate others. People will join this group because they want to be a hero as well. 

PS. regarding frigates. frigates are awesome in small group pvp and i know a lot of people who sail them exclusively. They don't care about SOLs.

I could not agree more with this, I think  sometime people care too much about winning or losing and forgot that we play games for fun.

I love frigates alot too, for the OW i dont want to sail anything else than them. SOLs well they are what they meant to be, for big battles against other nations in battle line, I will only use sols if i must fight in port battle or big battles that imply many other sols, but i dont really care if other people like to sail with those ,everyone is free to do what they want.

Human's nature always amazes me, some people always want the biggest the strongest and deny others to have to same things.

" I disapprove of what you "sail", but I will defend to the death your right to "sail" it'".Voltaire

Heresy :)

Great and beautiful vessels will continue to be added to the game.

You claimed somewhere that we do it for marketing. The answer is - NO. We are doing it for the ships.

This game is for those who love age of sail ships. 

Most likely a Venetian ship and Christian could win the votes and will be added to the game. 

Well, SIr, If you claim it is only about the AGE OF SAILS (which the homepage claims...) right, but if you also claim it is

"Currently it is a Grand Wargame with no limitations - pure sandbox" then it is completely misleading.

The homepage

http://www.navalaction.com/#open-world

says....

"You can sail under the flag of nations that historically had presence in the Caribbean (had at least one port from 1600 to 1830)

• Britain
  • France
  • Spain
  • United States
  • Denmark
  • Holland
  • Sweden"

assuming that there is some sort of "historical" connection. Why did the devs care about history if they finally want to mix everything up???

You need to get the concept right and make a decision.

Either you stick to some sort of Carribbean setting and historical relations or "open" the sandbox with no limitations.

Then, yes, do the majority community votings (which I believe are not always good) and bring in everything into the game.

For RvR-reasons, it might help to balance the game. Bring in Venice, Ottoman Empire, Brandenburg/Prussia and Russia

as nations into the carribean to balance the RvR-battles and the corresponding ships.

But dont mislead the customer with claims like "historically had presence in the Caribbean".

If you want "fantasy gaming", here you go. A historical, well-looking map might not help.

Sadly, if you go this way, it is another game that stupifies the individual. Another American kid

will believe that all European nations had been in the Carribean by that time to fight for ressources.

Why not add Russian/German troops into

http://www.ultimategeneral.com/

???

OFC you listen to the customer/market and those kids want Russian/Brandenburg/Venetian/Ottoman ships

to be in action. But this kills the game and any Carribean "feel". Not talking of the "Pirates"....

What remains, a run-and-gun-game that can only be played in "small battles", turning it into a copy

of World of Tanks or Total War Arena. The Open World concept is broken then and is only fantasy gaming

on a historical looking Carribean map....

I feel like a bit "misled" by the studio, assuming I´d sail only ships who historically had been sailing

there by that time.

Maybe I should have watched more youtube-vids and researched more about the ships.

Well, my wrongdoing.

Finally, stay away from Alpha-games,

if you don´t want to buy a pig in a poke.

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 2

Have you given consideration to the longevity of these empires, and how you intend to dissolve or influence division of these empires if they remain dominant for too long?

Once they get to a certain size, the conquest mechanics become fun only for the "Hero" as you called him.  

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Well, SIr, If you claim it is only about the AGE OF SAILS (which the homepage claims...) right, but if you also claim it is

"Currently it is a Grand Wargame with no limitations - pure sandbox" then it is completely misleading.

Its not misleading at all. Its about age of sail and current prototype is based on the Caribbean map.

Age of sail sandbox is based on what players do with it whether you like it or not.

Also

OFC you listen to the customer/market and those kids want Russian/Brandenburg/Venetian/Ottoman ships

to be in action. But this kills the game and any Carribean "feel". Not talking of the "Pirates"....

Don't insult the community - you just called a bunch of grown up men kids. Some would take it as a complement though

dWWd7RV.jpg

You have your own vision in your head we have ours. There are a lot of people who want krakens and magic this game is not for them. Its a realistic age of sail sandbox and we deliver what we promised - beautiful ships and excellent combat and dramatic conquest for map domination where you can even force enemy to retirement. Caribbean is just a map, it could have been another area. If people like you stop whining and start working on making the game better with us, North sea and Mediterranean could happen too tying it all together.

In one of the posts you proposed to make Santisima a purely spanish ship for example. It is impossible in game because it increases the required amount of content 8x which is extremely expensive and time consuming. Most players are fine with the fact that they can sail this ship and many other vessels, they don't care what you think.

We focus on making happy players happier - if player likes what he sees we will improve features for him and he will be happier. We are not interested in converting those who are unhappy with the basic things. Based on what you post here it just seems that your game of the dream is in another castle. 

• Like 1

Have you given consideration to the longevity of these empires, and how you intend to dissolve or influence division of these empires if they remain dominant for too long?

Once they get to a certain size, the conquest mechanics become fun only for the "Hero" as you called him.  

Well for some overcoming the difficulty is the most interesting gameplay. 

Lets be honest - testing shown that pure sandbox is too punishing and checks and balances have to implemented. People want to feel good about themselves even in the sandbox environment.

Well for some overcoming the difficulty is the most interesting gameplay. 

Lets be honest - testing shown that pure sandbox is too punishing and checks and balances have to implemented. People want to feel good about themselves ;)

As long as there is in fact a way to overcome the slippery slope.  Professional Chess games usually end in a surrender long before the end game is played simply because the slippery slope and outcome is very well known.

With enough perpetual comeback mechanics in play that "could" be the most interesting part of the game play.  With too much slippery slope the whole thing becomes hopeless and results in the same thing it does in Chess, surrender.

From what I have seen on PvP2, the more likely outcome of empire dominance is national and clan fatigue.  

People jumping ship looking for greener pastures seems to be the trigger for massive port exchange shifts.  I would not myself rely on that, because eventually you will find a clan that is organized and stable enough to prevent the behavior.

There are already a couple of natural comeback mechanics that could be enhanced.

NPC traders that match both the national and cargo composition of the ports around them. This way a nation on the edge could get resources by hunting around ports they know produce the resources they are short on.

Increase the average cargo carried on traders that belong to the larger nations as a natural representation of their wealth, and you have a natural outlet for coming back, as well as a reason for other nations to start harassing the top dog nation.

Invert that, so that weak nations traders have practically nothing on them, demonstrating their poverty, and offering less reason to harass and engage them.

I am not complaining nor "whining" ) if u check the posts, take it as it is, I am fine with the money spend...)

I did make some contributions. (especially do i believe in the DLC policy...) and also understand that

Santissima for the Spanish only....hm....why would this not work? You can capture the ship as being

English and keep it? Thinkin about it again, I do believe it is 100% !!! workable.

Pirates = no crafting, purely capture and own and refit the ships

Nations = limited to crafting their 2-3 national ships, rest can be captured only...this would invent

a massive "incentive" to the game to go for PvP and raids...and keep your Santissima as a Dane

you heroicly captured from a lonely Spaniard during a night raid...okay, I am dreaming...

Also, this could make the SERVERS different from each other. Why not play this style on PvP servers,

PvE go for the "we craft all" route...???

I just have the feeling, that the game will not develop the way I want it.

Nothing wrong with me raising my voice as 1000 others do it also.

But surely, I am not about to spoil the party for anyone here. If the majority of Pirates

are happy the way it is, I have no problem with it.

Also, I understand that most players are more interested on focussing on ship technology

"DO I want to see this awesome ship in battle"?, then caring about historical gameplay.

(Oh sure, I did read the shipyard thread...), If the most want to see the awesome

ship of the line of Peter the Great in battle, the Ingermanland, so let it be.

I do not need to like it, sorry for being sarcastic about this topic. For me, it simply

does not make any sense. as I am part of the narrative (roleplaying) type of player.

I just simply don´t get the story then anymore.

And no, I do not intend to insult others (kids, I am one myself, surely, thats why I play), these,

you get ingame a lot (please, invent deactivat battel chat), the reason I stopped playing PvP

and do only grind money through trade. Many, many seem enjyoing insulting other players....

And yes, if you want to silence critics, here we go.

I will stop posting....

Edited by Wilson09

Its not misleading at all. Its about age of sail and current prototype is based on the Caribbean map.

Age of sail sandbox is based on what players do with it whether you like it or not.

Also

Don't insult the community - you just called a bunch of grown up men kids. Some would take it as a complement though

dWWd7RV.jpg

You have your own vision in your head we have ours. There are a lot of people who want krakens and magic this game is not for them. Its a realistic age of sail sandbox and we deliver what we promised - beautiful ships and excellent combat and dramatic conquest for map domination where you can even force enemy to retirement. Caribbean is just a map, it could have been another area. If people like you stop whining and start working on making the game better with us, North sea and Mediterranean could happen too tying it all together.

In one of the posts you proposed to make Santisima a purely spanish ship for example. It is impossible in game because it increases the required amount of content 8x which is extremely expensive and time consuming. Most players are fine with the fact that they can sail this ship and many other vessels, they don't care what you think.

We focus on making happy players happier - if player likes what he sees we will improve features for him and he will be happier. We are not interested in converting those who are unhappy with the basic things. Based on what you post here it just seems that your game of the dream is in another castle. 

​Could you at least add customization for ships? This will fix all this crying. Let people change their ship and sail colors and you will kill 2 rabbits in one shot. Everyone will pick the color they like and by doing so we will see many different ships in the game (same but different).