Game-Labs Forum

Is there a way to curb these English devils?

Mighty_Alex

I started plaing for Denmark and there are no other danish settlements around except for the capital. It seems the redcoats hogged everything! And the yanks seem to be allied with them? I mean, whats the point, where is a challenge in it? Just unite with Spain also and have fun with it. Seriously, this thing should be balanced somehow.

??????????? the danish conquered all ports around them, attacked all nations, set swedish down to one port and now a danish player ask for challenge. he must be new.....

This is the ballanced you search. i dont be happy about this situation but this post is a joke...

greetings fury

• Like 1

Sorry i didn´t want to talk for british. But again, first the dutch and danish attacked all british ports around north antilles and try to delete them all. And all on one weekend.......together .......  Now they do the same with the dutch and its wrong???

As swedish player i have the same feeling, thats going wrong here. But be carefully who starts this harassing.

• Like 3

??????????? the danish conquered all ports around them, attacked all nations, set swedish down to one port and now a danish player ask for challenge. he must be new.....

This is the ballanced you search. i dont be happy about this situation but this post is a joke...

greetings fury

Well, I am new. I guess this situation happened before. My point about the balance stands: ports shouldn't be so easy to conquer.

that´s right! And it´s seems they do something in the last patch. So i hope we all find our place on the map. Merry christmas all

And excuse me, Mighty Alex, for my hard words about a joke. It was a little bit overdone!!! ;)

Edited by furyGer

that´s right! And it´s seems they do something in the last patch. So i hope we all find our place on the map. Merry christmas all

And excuse me, Mighty Alex, for my hard words about a joke. It was a little bit overdone!!! ;)

It's allright mate. Merry Christmas! There is place for everyone on the map indeed. (As long as they are not Swedish, mwahaha!)

Well I must say we Dutch got rekt in the northern antilles, but it was fair play because we attacked the English first so they are just winning a war and thats a matter of firepower and teamwork, so no hard feeling you guys worked hard for it!

Edited by bramluijken
  • Like 1

It would be very nice if there were a "war archives" feature ingame where you could read dispatches from the past and get a sense of the course of the war.

New players to the game today have no concept of the original port layout, and any notable territory gained or lost; bringing them up to speed so that they can know the ingame "story" of their nation would create a stronger national identity, for all nations.

• Like 7

This doesn't have to fall on devs though, if we have impassioned enough people, they could make a Naval Action wiki or something similar that allows others to give reports on large battles, diplomatic shifts and the like.

It's a good idea in principle, but the problem as we've seen previously with this type of reporting is that details can be skewed, intentionally or otherwise, to fit the interests of the auteur.

Certain players/guilds do have their own battle reports, which I very much enjoy reading, and I hope they continue. But would be nice to have an impartial standard source of war news, coming directly from the game. Nothing fancy; I always thought WW2OL had a nice way of keeping players informed of the progress of the war.

Hm... I see you point. What if it was someone from the Neutral faction? I tend to find people who invest enough time to create a wiki or maintain anything like that are more oft-than-not trustworthy enough to be impartial.

I don't know what the development resources are like and if anything like the system you are referring can exist in their code base. The engine limitations, etc. etc.

However, I do know that players can be creative and resourceful. With a game that has as much depth as this, surely there must be some way we can collaborate to solve an information problem. 

It's a good idea in principle, but the problem as we've seen previously with this type of reporting is that details can be skewed, intentionally or otherwise, to fit the interests of the auteur.

Certain players/guilds do have their own battle reports, which I very much enjoy reading, and I hope they continue. But would be nice to have an impartial standard source of war news, coming directly from the game. Nothing fancy; I always thought WW2OL had a nice way of keeping players informed of the progress of the war.

Well, that's precisely what's going on on Wikipedia also. The whole things work because contrasting biases balance eachother out and edit wars are not worth it... with some moderating constraint, at least. So no reason it would not work in a wiki.

• Like 1

Hey guys I got an idea about the whole player driven politics and recording it, Its called: Naval Action- Archives of War.

It is a subforum that has a few categories in it: Political Situation, Important battles, Important events.

Policitcal situation

Political stuation will just be a single closed post of explaining the current political situation.

Important battles

Important battles will have a forum post for each important battle taking place and players can comment on those Battles.

I hope the game devs are willing to provide battle logs so this can be done with accurate information of the battles, I will send the Admin a PM on this.

Important events 

important events will have a post of each important event taking place (declaration of war, peace treaty's, alliances, etc.) players can comment on this and I hope to get the info from Clan leaders and other players that can provide accurate information on the situation.

This is just an idea and I hope I can work this out into a working achive of war on the Naval Action open world.

I got allot of spare time so it won't be a problem, but any additional info is welcome

Hope this works out and the Devs can help me out with this 

Cheers, 

Bram Luijken

Or we just have to find one brave chronicler. In a PvP MMO i played we had one such enthusiast. He was writing a server chronicle for more than three years. He was playing in my guild but was considered by our enemies as an unbiased and welcome historian because he gathered information from a lot of sources and was very restrained in his conclusions, trying to describe who won in what way and not just opinionate about the reasons of the loss in question. It was an absolutely marvellous achievment, documentating the change of hands of castles, the mishievious strategic successes and the rise of new forces as well as the fall of old empires. So if anyone has the time, dedication and love for objectivity - the Naval Action Official Historian position is certainly open :)

Edited by Nathaniel

As the Naval Action historian I have the responsibility to inform people with neutral and accurate information, I will take this reponsibility with great honor.

I will be starting to set things up today, but any kind of battle logs from the devs to have accurate information are very welcome.

To make it a clear tool for new players I need to create subforums and subcategories, like mentioned in the 1st post in this topic, I hope this is possible.

When EA hits I will start recording history and I will start working on it today.

Cheers,

Bram Luijken

• Like 1