Game-Labs Forum

Is there a way to curb these English devils?

Mighty_Alex

Post is live but Devs, moderaters, and admins, to make this work I need to be able to created subforums and closed topics and sub-subforums beacause im planning on this structure

▼NA-AoW

[welcoming text]

[small help and suggestions topic on AoW]

↓Political situation

Closed topic on the current political situation.

Comment topic.

↓Important battles

A topic on each important battle which has the option to place a comment.

↓Important events.

A topic on each important event which can be commented on.

I hope to get the information needed by Battlelogs, Clan leaders and Important persons (PM me if you have interest in providing information to me)

Also every help is welcome so I you have an Idea pls PM me since the small help and suggestions topic is to be created.

Edited by bramluijken

I would like the Devs to give bram moderator rights, however what i think would work out for a start (and to gather some reputation in the eyes of the devs) would be simply two topics. One like "bramluijken's information gathering" where players from all nations would share with you data about the events of the day and you could ask them additional questions and the other topic the Chronicle proper, which would hopefully become a sticky and where you would only be posting your analysis in entrances (possibly also expanding the sfrist post). Subforums and devdata may always come later.

Edited by Nathaniel
  • Like 1

Thank you for all the positive replies, my first pilot post to test the format of the section Important Battles is out, hope you like it.

It was a battle I participated in beacause I know that the information is accurate when I am an eye witness so it is reliable.

Please give feedback and I hope this does not have the hue beacause I am an independent historian, and I seperate my History work from my work in the Dutch navy.

Cheers,

Bram Luijken

Edited by bramluijken
  • Like 1

History of the Caribbean Sea should be more accurate

Ideas about  less city-war and more sailing and trade. (sailing age 1690-1815)

1.  Trade routes should be fixed automatically and established early in the game.

2.   Could be at least 4 routes. Convoy of 5 or 6 ships. Every capital Spanish, French, English and Dutch need one route to Europe or America.

3.  They will sail towards the exits-scape, outputs, of the map. One scape north to trade with USA Boston and three outputs to Europe Cadiz , La Rochelle, Porthmouth, Amsterdam.

4.   Players who want to trade with Europe can sell their resources, at once, to these routes in their capital city and receive extra money .

5.  This Big routes system provides time or chance to sell everything goods in one day without travel. These trading routes can be protected by several players so that teamwork is encouraged.

6.  Individual and faction’s wealth and trading may improve with this system. However, attacks ports every day must be reduced, this is not historical.Every war should be start with a official declaration, and finish in a treated. The Caribbean was a business for all countries and nobody wanted destroy cities of their neighbor everyday because them needed each other to do business together. Game must be historical accurate as well. City map can not change ten cities owner everyday.(as it´s happened right now).

Please see the complete war history of the caribbean:

Wikipedia

1700. Most of cities were under Spanish power.

(1700 - 1750s) Caribbean colonies prospered in sugar, tobacco, and rice farming. Trade between colonies and nations prevalent

(1741) Jenkin´s ear War. British fail taken Spanish Cartagena de Indias in major defeat for the British Navy and Army.

(1750s) Turks and Caicos captured by the British

(1761 - 1778) British captured Dominica from France

(1763) Britain captured Havana during the Seven Years War. Britain traded that one city for a large area of land in Florida, including St. Augustine.

(1778 - 1783) French forces recaptured Dominica

(1762 - 1783) British and French forces contested Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

(1775 - 1783) French and Spanish Caribbean naval victories over the British (Pensacola) aided revolutionary war efforts for the Americans. American Revolutionary War weakened British power.

(1791) A slave rebellion against French forces, dubbed the Haitian Revolution, established Haiti as the world's oldest free, black republic.

(1800) Spain still kept most of the power in the Caribbean based on best strategical territories and cities.

That´s all the conquest in one hundred years. Basically the Sea was rule for Spain, UK,  France, Netherland and Pirates.

Merry Chritsmas to All players, and special THANK YOU to Naval Actions STAFF !!

Happy 2016

Edited by Marques

History of the Caribbean Sea should be more accurate

Ideas about  less city-war and more sailing and trade. (sailing age 1690-1815)

You certainly are on about your campaign, eh? Well, this thread 'ere is probably not the best place for it.

Granted, it sort of derailed into a player keeping history of the player history of the game instead of how to stop us English Devils. Point remains, we are talking about player generated history and not that of actual history. 

Edited by Scorpio Shirica

• 3 weeks later...