Game-Labs Forum

TDA Map: Route Planner [NEW], WebApp, & In-Game Version available

Prater

• 1 month later...

Got some bug reports for ya,

On a 2560 x 1440 resolution monitor and Google Chrome browser, zooming in and out results in ship marker placement never being directly where you intend to place it. A bit of a pain for tracking one's course over long ocean voyages.

It also seems to lag a bit when zooming in and out on this resolution. 

Other than that, it's a gorgeous thing!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

v. 0.907

Most ports are in, just missing a few.  Once tdamap.com is updated I can easily figure out discrepancies.  
Extended the map south to include the southern most port in the Gulf of Darien.

Updated https://namap.neocities.org/ with new map.

Waiting for Obi to update tdamap.com.

No update to ingame map yet until I completely finish the out of game map.

Will upload resources.assets tonight if I can remember so you can easily put my map in game.  It will take about 5 hours to upload.  It is a 1.5gb download and will require me to update and reupload every time the game is updated.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 4

Gracias Tiburcio

How to easily get my map in game:

1. Launch Naval Action
  2. Check your game version.  The part underlined in red in the image below is what you are looking for.  Ignore x86 or x64.  Close Naval Action once you know what game version you have.
    WvHK0R3.jpg?1

3. Check the version of my map on this page with the part marked in red.  If it is the same as your game version, you can download my map.  If they are not the same, it will not work.  Either update your game, or wait for me to update my map to the current game version. 
    YtJqlLY.png

4. Download my map by clicking on the link for Revision xxxxx CleanOWProd.  This will download a unity assets file called resources.assets.  It is 1.5gb.
  5. Find your Naval Action Client Data Folder.  If you don't know how, watch the beginning of this video.
  6. If you have a resources_original.assets file, delete it.
  7. Rename the resources.assets in the Client Data folder to resources_original.assets
  8. Put the resources.assets that you downloaded from me in the Client Data folder
  9. Launch the game.  If you followed the instructions, you should now have my map when you bring up the Naval Action Map
  10. You have to redo these steps every time Naval Action is updated because each update uninstalls my map.  I have a full time job.  It may take me a day to update my map to the current version of naval action, so please be patient if your game version doesn't match my uploaded version.

To Uninstall

Updating the game automatically uninstalls my map.  If your game has not updated and you want to uninstall, do the following.

1. Delete resources.assets in the Client Data Folder
  2. Rename resources_original.assets back to resources.assets
  3. Launch Naval Action.  You should now have the default Naval Action Map
  4. If all else fails, check the integrity of the game cache for Naval Action.
Edited by Prater
  • Like 4

I think it's a lovely map, and I would love to have it in-game. My only issue is the amount of clutter in some areas (e.g. Lesser Antilles), so I'm thinking that the in-game map could do without the port names since they are already there through the UI. Then all the islands could be named instead (St. Thomas and St. John aren't named in the map currently for example).

• Like 1

I agree, the game map shouldn't have written port names, it conflicts with the UI port names.

Though personally, the Lesser Antilles is my favorite spot on the map with all the text clutter, at least when I view it from namap.neocities.org.

Edited by Prater

Just delete resources.assets and rename resources_original.assets back to resources.assets and you will be good.

edit.  Admin, any way we can get caribbean-map moved from resources.assets to a smaller shared assets file so people can easily upload their own maps?  Siegefried, Shadow Recluse and I could easily distribute our maps then.  Right now it takes me 5+ hours to upload the 1.5gb file.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 3

Updated game version to 36599.  Please continue to let me know if you ever have problems with it.

tdamap.com is now updated to the new map and working correctly.  If you are getting skewed ports, you probably need to hit ctrl-f5 while on the map.  This should load the new code and clear out your cached version.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sveno said:

Hey Prater

Are you using UAEBETA 0.3 (BETA 1) 3/26/2014?

Because all i get is crashes when i try to open the resources.asset.

Many thanks!

Do you have windows 7? Otherwise the tool to open the asset file crashes all the time.

Edited by z4ys

8 hours ago, sveno said:

Hey Prater

Are you using UAEBETA 0.3 (BETA 1) 3/26/2014?

Because all i get is crashes when i try to open the resources.asset.

Many thanks!

I use Beta 3.  Pretty sure my win 7 device is 64 as well.  I just used beta 3 last night and it was working.  I've tried all 3 versions and can't get any of them to work on windows 10.

Edited by Prater