Game-Labs Forum

Are premium ships rumors real?

All game keys sold before Early Access and maybe 1 month into the EA will have the yacht. Then yacht will be taken off the sales forever and if brought back will appear in extreme circumstances as tournament prizes or special award vessel. It will be an extremely valuable boat (hopefully).

This is a snippet from a restricted area of the forums so I won't post the rest. This is the most recent information that we have available regarding the Yacht.

• Like 1

Yep, I quite agree. While we as players derive enjoyment for the game if it doesn't pay its way then the game will fold. Virtually every other game of this type (e.g World of Tanks) has a free component and also a pay component. As a player, you can choose to play for free and/or support the company providing the game.

I'm fine with that, but I want to be able to sail a pretty boat without paying as well. There should be plenty of customization options and paints and what-not, IMO. Sure, make them expensive if you want, but something a normal player can work up to. 

I can't really say why I like this ship.

I always had a soft spot for 2nd rates even though they would probably be underwhelming in this game (and RL, possibly).

Barfleur fits perfectly into a Caribbean setting, she looks nice with the older paint scheme and she has quite a long resume of Naval Actions under her belt.

How are durabilities going to be implemented for premium ships? Imho it should be that you can lose your prem ship, but you can buy it back with proper in game gold, available as a new ship in the store for the guys that purchased it. This would prevent to have 'invulnerable' prem ship fleets which players would throw into battle ad infinitum.

I think you guys could also consider some custom sails / flags further ahead for the shop, maybe some very nice premade ones or those uploaded by players (for guilds, neutrals, pirates etc), with a small fee for implementation, and previous evaluation by the staff to make sure it is accurate / fitting, like it was in potbs, although they used to let some pretty awkward stuff pass sometimes. Thats something guilds would surely pay for, although to be honest I am not quite certain about the accuracy issues it could bring.

Edited by Vega
  • Like 2

I think you guys could also consider some custom sails / flags further ahead for the shop, maybe some very nice premade ones or those uploaded by players (for guilds, neutrals, pirates etc), with a small fee for implementation, and previous evaluation by the staff to make sure it is accurate / fitting, like it was in potbs, although they used to let some pretty awkward stuff pass sometimes. Thats something guilds would surely pay for, although to be honest I am not quite certain about the accuracy issues it could bring.

Please god, no custom sails. Would ruin the beauty of the game. Custom flags and pennants, however, are entirely historical:

h01995.jpg

3083.jpg

• Like 2

premium ships, there is alot for and alot against, i am absolutely for if you listen to my reason. Most games have perks if you are willing to pay for a premium ship then this ship once payed for must be for ever in your harbour. No such thing as durabilities its for ever, you have paid for it as well as the game, the developers would benefit from these ships and the game would go on forever. The incentive would be for the normal player who advances through the ranks to harbour, sink or capture one of these ships, they would be rewarded more EXP and more GOLD by sinking them or at least 3 durabilities by capturing them, this would promote PVP playing against AI. There should not be any of these ships sailed by AI only people.

So for all those who are against think twice, i would like this game to last a lot longer than most payed for games which everybody gets fed up of and moves on to the next addition like COD, BATTLEFIELD and so on. So i appeal to all those that are playing the game at this moment in time to promote the sail of ships to help developers in their quest to develop the game ready for the open market. So new players who buy the game will be interested in playing the game for a long rather than a short time.

Regards TANKGAME

Please god, no custom sails. Would ruin the beauty of the game. Custom flags and pennants, however, are entirely historical:

Yes, you're right, I gave it a second thought but didn't edit it. Not only accuracy wise, but people with custom sails would probably make a carnival out of it.

I would be so awesome moderator or community manager!

ps.

What will happen to earlier donations, that have been send during early Sea Trialz?

Players who gave us donations (thank you very much again) will receive a unique rare vessel and/or upgrades or officers. 

• Like 1

As long as the bonuses can be obtained reasonably ingame and don't involve any "edge" above other captains, I don't see the harm. If it's purely cosmetic, even better.

From the pictures I've seen in this thread, I look forward to seeing many of these "skins" ingame.

• 4 weeks later...

Why shouldn't they be open for people to donate more to the game? Fair play to people who don't wish to but people forget this is a business as well as a passion for the game developer and making a game requires money, I have nothing against people who pay a set amount to play but I am a person who will put money into a game I actively play such as Wurthander which I have sunk plenty of money into and in return I see regular updates and stable servers plus the odd silly event, It always comes down to cold hard cash and us wallet warriors keep the welfare warriors in a game, but simply for me it comes down to my need to swagger about with items mere peasants will never have :)