Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

Oh cmooone, wai my question is ignored? ;d

Its needed to be a 1 dura ship for some time.

We also plan to disable some other ships this patch to see how 1 dura ships are treated by players. 

We also plan to disable some other ships this patch to see how 1 dura ships are treated by players. 

Disable some ships? 

I think i might be misunderstanding this but does this mean that some of the ships won't be available for a while (Eg. Bellona is disable and so we can't sail Bellona anymore after the patch)? 

Disable some ships? 

I think i might be misunderstanding this but does this mean that some of the ships won't be available for a while (Eg. Bellona is disable and so we can't sail Bellona anymore after the patch)? 

I think they will disable the option to buy for example the bellona in shops so you have to capture one, which only has 1 dura.

If they did this with the trinc it would be very interesting hehe

• Like 1

I have only captured ships always anyway... It feels more valuable for my, more adventure and save money only for cannons. I don't buy modules 5000 gold or more too.

I only bought a Cutter one time at first because in that time I only did exploration and I feared to be teleported to capital if I sink.

• Like 2

Culling is the removal of objects (visually) that would otherwise render to improve performance.  It's usually done with distance so the game still looks good up close, but also runs smoothly on a machine that otherwise couldn't handle the load of rendering every object including visual effects that are "far away" in terms of in-game distance.

So my guess would be Reflection Culling is the removal of rendering reflections (like reflections off the water) from objects that are beyond a certain in-game distance to improve your graphical performance.  But that's just my guess.

I honestly don't like this idea at this point in development.  Trying to find a decent ship takes forever.  You can easily sink as well, especially from a crash or bad judgment on your part.

The amount of time you spend shopping for a 5 durability ship is often extreme.  Now we have to do that every time we sink?  The game is going to turn into Naval  Supermarket Sweep instead of a Naval Action Combat game.  I already don't sail the privateer because it has 1 durability.

This experiment would be fine if the economy is in the game.  But until then, it will just mean we spend hours looking for ships (we do this with 5 durabilities now), instead of actual fighting.  People will avoid pvp as well, because they don't want to lose that hard found rare ship they found.

• Like 3

Can we get the information on what ships are to be disabled from the shops so we can avoid sailing for hours to try to find some thing that is not a option for now ?

Three close questions about IA and Bots in OW instances :

- What can we expect from the group and individual tactical skills of IA bots in combat in the future, especially in terms of sailing ? 

- Will it be possible to simulate complex human tactics ?
- WIll / do bots have different levels and types of skills in combat ? 

(Because IA seems quite simple right now, despite some smart moves)

there is already a kind of skillspread between the bots.

You can see it when they start shooting. some will hit you with their first ranging shot while others need three or more.

So yes there is definately a difference between the AI.

Pre-patch the AI was using manual skipper. I am not sure if I saw it this patch or if it was a player in the instance but that may be another distinction between AI-skill.

how dev will continue finance the game after ? i heard about premium ship ? will it become a pay to win ? 

There will also be a store. See Payment Model

Is New Edinburgh fixed yet, or are you still trapped in an underground pond when you try to sail from it?

New Edinburgh is fixed.

Can we get the information on what ships are to be disabled from the shops so we can avoid sailing for hours to try to find some thing that is not a option for now ?

Trinco and Privateer aren't in the stores.

Any possibility of player being able to rename their characters - perhaps on one occasion?

regards

Rename opportunities will happen after data wipes.

When will more people be able to access the alpha/beta, because my friend got in, so I can't play it with him yet.

Thanks,

Goldenfury

Welcome Goldenfury. If you are ready to help testing the game and to support the product, please send a mail at info@game-labs.net

Exploration needs further design. It will be looked at after the crafting and trading prototypes are implemented, and after the rules of engagement are tuned according to the feedback.

What's the development status right now?

Is trading on the making? Or are the dev still focusing on the open world current mechanics?

Thanks in advance!

The RoE and bug fixes are being worked on (see Current list of planned fixes and known issues).

Which developer design and create the ships?

Admin supervises a 3-people art division.

WHAT!? I thought it was only one person creating the ships. MY LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE! D:

Edit: I can't view the link you gave out, it says I don't have a permission to see it  :ph34r:

Edited by Principe

Sorry for the double post but ... 

Will we be able to reserve our name/ign for the release?

How long will the dev keep updating this game? Even after release?

Will this game have an expansion eventually?

To be more specific, will they add more regions someday?