Game-Labs Forum

Sea Trials results and next steps

the cutter is a great ship.

and low number of battles in it to progress to the next ship probably helped that win rate a little.

Ironically the cutter was probably my 2nd least favorite ship so I am a bit surprised it did so well but I also agree that if you look at he number of battles, it probably has a relatively low overall number and it has been my experience that until you get in the 1000s of battles, your win rate doesn't tend to stabilize.   Still it is good info.

The main advantage is that it has a really low profile so it's able to fight larger ships for this reason.

The other fore-and-aft craft have small profiles as well.  The disadvantage of the cutter is speed, which means you have to be extremely patient and lucky when taking on anything above a Surprise.   In a storm, a Privateer can take a Constitution (if you have patience and skill), a cutter cannot.  For this reason in my opinion the Lynx is superior even though the difference in firepower.  Now just because I have said this I hope the admin doesn't buff the speed of the cutter. 

Edited by Prater

I'm guessing it is the low number of battles.  I don't like the cutter, and it is the only non-new ship I don't have 50 battles in and won't.  I mean, it is ok, armament is nice, but isn't to my taste compared to the Lynx, Yacht or Privateer.

I used to wonder - why I do not like Cutter? Differences in weaponry and sailing characteristics between it and the adjacent vessels are negligible.
And I finally realized that reason is spacing/angles between cannons.

I used to wonder - why I do not like Cutter? Differences in weaponry and sailing characteristics between it and the adjacent vessels are negligible.
And I finally realized that reason is spacing/angles between cannons.

Perhaps that is a reason as well.  For me, it is heel and speed.  It is a very smooth sailer and very maneuverable, which is nice, but I prefer fast ships over slow ones.  This is why I prefer the Brig/NavyBrig to the Snow/Cerb, the Privateer/yacht/Lynx to the Cutter, the Santisima/Bellona to the Victory, etc

I have 42 battles in the Cutter.  I'm pretty sure my win/loss rate in it is lower than most of my other ships.

Great phase, hats off to the Devs AND to those that added all of the great testing feedback and input.

Gameplay aside, you guys are tops when it comes to initiating discussion of possible features or changes. Coming up on one year with NA and this interaction with your testers has continued to exceed my expectations!

Well done Game-Labs, Looking forward to ST2 (and the TDA Boyz will get a new ribbon ;)   )

lol, I won the most battles per day award.

I have too much time on my hands. its ok though, that was just my winter unemployment time where I get to play from 3 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day. I started back to work this week so I wont be playing near as much. 

• Like 2

Can we get the stats of just the PVP players please? PVE was shockingly easy and there area lot of players that have much better stats because of playing 95% PVE matches and when they would come into PVP with a Victory or Santisima it was painfully obvious.

I'd love to see the stats broken down by type separating PVP and PVE :)

• Like 9

Pretty fun to see all those stats, I never knew that there were that many playing :)

But yeah, it's been a real blast to test the mechanics in the sea trials GL, and I'm looking forward to even more fun with the release of the next one in the near future! :)

• Like 3

as we said.. everyone will get in in 3 stages to not crash everything at the same time.

1) old testers first

2) santi owners second

3) everyone third. 

But wait won't be long as we need to do some stress testing as well. More on this will be posted later.

Could you clarify on what "old testers" are? Is it defined by being involved since a certain date, playtime, bug reports filed, of simply those with the "tester" name on their profile?

• Like 1

a mac is a PC. -_-

Nope, it's not.

They might be personal Computers, as much as mobiles are, but they aren't PCs.

Even apple doesn't want a Mac to be a PC... even when the actual differences aren't as big anymore.

but back to Topic:

We have currently the following top10 stats:

- Average Battles per day

- Largest Damage per day

- Largest Number of Battles

- Average Damage per battle

- Average Kills per battle

- Most victories

- Most prizes vs own ship losses

- Overall damage to enemy fleet

Only the bold marked top-10 rating is actually skill-based. All others can either be gimped or are just "gather" statistics.

Now you would say: But "Prizes vs Own Ship losses" is skill based.

Nope, it isn't for two reasons: a) Nr 1. has just the most "Prizes" while not having the best ratio to ship-losses and b.) it could be gimped by just running away after a kill (not yet possible but in open world it probably will be).

I would love to see in future more skill-based statistics, like eg. "Most sunken ships of the same kind or above", "Damage dealt to higher rated ships",... when such statistics are possible.

Also I would like to see some "Luck"/ "Heroic"-statistics: "Smallest Ship to sunk a first-rate", "Winning a game as last ship/ single ship against several ships of the same class or above",...

Ohh, and as soon as it is released: Commander-Statistics^^

sincerely,

Thonar

Edited by Thonar