Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.8 Rx5)

Uploaded repaired version x5 including the following:
- Auto-Design optimization (it is faster and more effective).
- Campaign's ship repair logic optimized. Ships will not travel to ports of distance more than one turn, if none available is nearby. 
- Fixed issues of power projection logic that could not evaluate some  sea areas correctly, and consider them with own ports.
- Fixed problem that made naval invasions to be limited versus the same major nation.
- Fixed issues that could potentially make saves unstable and not store territory conquering consistently.
- Added radio stat to all destroyer towers that was missing it.
- Iron armor is now more cost-effective.

Please restart Steam to get the update fast

• Like 13

I think this patch broke the AI a bit. They're not moving, AI control doesn't do anything, and my ships come to a dead stop as soon as they sight an enemy.

EDIT: Hopefully it was just the one battle, second battle seems to be going more normally.

Edited by Schmitty21
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Admiral Donuts said:

When I choose an option that increases or decreases my unrest, the actual unrest I receive or lose is different than reported. For example: I just chose an option that increased my unrest by 3, but it went up 4.5.

It gets multiplied by your government type multiplayer ( ex: democracy with centre party government has -30%, with right or left wing +30%)

• Like 2

Please allow us to mark designs as not for Export.

I will gladly make some cruisers for my minor allies, but maybe I don't want to export my big 10 inch heavies, and would rather export a 8 inch heavy that is well balanced.

Maybe I would like to design a lighter battleship that does not take up as much ship building capacity as my large Super Battleships, and would rather minors buy the lighter ships.

This could be as simple as a check mark. Checked is allow export, and the default. This also prevents degradation in relations due to denying them asking for the same ship I do not want to sell six turns in a row.

• Like 7

I think conquered territories, at least the home regions of (formerly) major nations, should still contribute some to shipbuilding capacity. Maybe less than before, but at least add something.

After all, isn't one of the main reasons for invading/conquering another nation to take control of its industries?

• Like 4

I'm experiencing a bug concerning in battle movement. If enemy ships are spotted my divisions only move when they are actively targeting enemy ships. Enemy ships seemingly suffer the same problem, but worse. Some enemy divisions especially CA or BB divisions do not move at all, furthermore the ai does not shoot at my ships, they do use torpedoes though. When targeting ai ships with torpedoes, the aim is as if the enemy ships are moving. 

This bug started only in the new update and does not seem to affect NA battles.

Some of the latest examples of how the AI builds battleships, its always a joke of a main gun armament. Can a minimum size of gun be set for a hull? I know maximum size can be set at least. No capital ship with the word "modern" in it has any business using smaller than 14in guns.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Almost every patch mentions some auto build refinement, can some additional decision weight be added to using appropriately large gun size? Also over 95% of the time the auto built ship has mere dual turrets, never triple, and only quad on a french hull or 2.

• Like 4

I think that, ultimately, the only real remaining problem game design-wise is that auto-design still turns out lemons. The balance of the mechanics works fairly well, and I've come to really enjoy the process of designing ships, but the payoff of building something well is seriously undercut by the fact that the AI's designs look like Lovecraftian horrors and generally aren't fun to play against. This game's strongest suit is its looks and the ability to get a really good visual of what designs in the period looked and felt like. As such, as my one major request, we need pure Shared Designs to work in campaigns, and we need the option to easily import and use community Shared Designs - the community is fairly dedicated in that regard already, and I don't think it should be too difficult to implement the current custom battle forced shared designs into the campaign rather than the potluck you usually see with design uptake.

Anyway, still enjoy the game regardless - but that's really the major barrier for me to really enjoying the campaign, and probably the only really unfinished aspect of the game.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Stormsword said:

I think that, ultimately, the only real remaining problem game design-wise is that auto-design still turns out lemons. The balance of the mechanics works fairly well, and I've come to really enjoy the process of designing ships, but the payoff of building something well is seriously undercut by the fact that the AI's designs look like Lovecraftian horrors and generally aren't fun to play against. This game's strongest suit is its looks and the ability to get a really good visual of what designs in the period looked and felt like. As such, as my one major request, we need pure Shared Designs to work in campaigns, and we need the option to easily import and use community Shared Designs - the community is fairly dedicated in that regard already, and I don't think it should be too difficult to implement the current custom battle forced shared designs into the campaign rather than the potluck you usually see with design uptake.

Anyway, still enjoy the game regardless - but that's really the major barrier for me to really enjoying the campaign, and probably the only really unfinished aspect of the game.

Þere's a lot more unfinished, such as þe lack of a wrap-around map, Þe fact þat all late-war superstructures are þe same and you get 100% þe same þing every time beyond gun choice, lack of ability to directly interact wiþ minor powers, AI still being moronic and colliding wiþ allied ships every oþer second, literally all of þe guns are off-scale (usually being larger and longer þan þey should be), gun and torpedo launcher collision in shipbuilding is way off for most everyþing, etc.

I would suggest as a fix for þe same-y ship designs: let all superstructure designs be used on all hulls. To prevent clutter, put þem into sub-menus like þe guns are. Many superstructure components are just scaled up or down variants of oþer ones, so þey can all be under þe same menu. Additionally, place þem into sub-menus based on national origin first and have AI favor þeir own superstructures.
If þe game weren't being abandoned half-baked (not saying it's þe devs who decided þis) þen I'd suggest a more in-depþ meþod of customizing superstructure components would be in order, but þere's absolutely no time for þat unless 1.4 is going to be 2 years away.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Panzergraf said:

I think conquered territories, at least the home regions of (formerly) major nations, should still contribute some to shipbuilding capacity. Maybe less than before, but at least add something.

After all, isn't one of the main reasons for invading/conquering another nation to take control of its industries?

So no point on A-H right now? I mean, if they have made that you can't expand your shipbuilding, it means that de facto there are only 4 playable countries now...

Edited by The PC Collector
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The changes to army logic should be reverted ASAP. It is impossible to wind a land war outside your homeland borders, because like 75% of your army stays there doing nothing, and thus making the land army as useful as a set of blinkers in a submarine.

The changes to the contribution of captured ports to shipbuilding capacity should also be reverted.

• Like 3

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9)

Hello Admirals,

This is an update which aims to be stable and enjoyable enough before the major update which will become available first as a beta, at sometime in late August or Early September. We will of course offer any required hotfixes if they are needed. Please read what this update includes:

v1.3.9.9 Update
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1069660/announcements/detail/3647404642078080883 

Please restart Steam to get the update fast

• Like 6

I see after testing the update that (as suspected by the patch notes) Army being useless due to 75% of it remaining on homeland doing nothing has not been fixed. And neither has conquered provinces not contributing to shipbuilding capacity anymore.

While they're not bugs, those are game crippling issues which must be fixed.

• Like 7

@Nick Thomadis I (will speak for myself here) appreciate your work and fixes but game still feels to be 0.80 or 0.85 it needs a lot of work.

There is aloot of adjustments and fixes needed and whole game feels like it was beta alpha atempt before real deal - i assume that this is due unity not supporting this type of game

I am worried that next update will be just tokken new features some of which were promised earlier with many that are important for this game such as abillity to effortlessly download other people designs for campaign, ai tactics fixes and soo on being ignored with stamp of

JOB DONE

Could you please anwser in any way to address my worries?

Game desperatly need a lot of new QoL improvements, deeper army simulation with our abillity to help army (give us deployable marine core for example) 

A lot new hulls and i do mean at least 50 and some more imaginary i mean for and aft castle for example, tumblehome designs, we are restricted in the way we design ships and in the end only ships that are fun to design are early game terrible ones becouse atleast you may use your imagination

• Like 2

@Nick Thomadis Thanks very much nice to see we will have a good update soonl

PLease address those fallowing

beginning of the Campaign is repetitive  and so contain,we need a lot of new hull for 1890-1910 ... and each Nation should have it own style like France. New tower, and again a Nation flavor.... This is the parts of the game the most played and the less covered.

In tech tree again we should focus on gun size, having the choice to developed 2inch and not 3 , 6 and not 7 etc

We are playing the role of a admiral .... so it is the first think to do is to have the choice of ships position before each battle. Lot of collision and due from replacing ship each time. So some sort of before action screen , just to position ship

Invasion never work for me, it is obscure even for minor or major nation

For me those are the 4 points needed to address the sooner.

Thanks

• Like 4

"Fixed issue which allowed, wrongly, to receive orders from allies for refit designs."

But why? What was wrong with it? So I kinda already came to terms with the fact that we will never get the constantly requested feature of building refit designs for ourselves.

But at least building refits for allies was possible, giving the ability to sell them latest ships, which actually enables them to fend for themselves until player forces arrive in the region. 

Now every time I make a refit of a ship class I have to make a copy of the design for export purposes and delete the old copy, which will be a hassle and will also flood the ship design list with double the designs for no apparent reason

"The refit designs can already be sold as used refitted ships."

Sure, but the alternative option of just building them was nice, and at least for me saw a lot more use

• Like 4

Up until now (pre 1.3.9.9) I've consistently and with 99.7% successrate been able to provoke TF fights (Meetings) by intercepting hostile TF or sending my TF to their destination, and the following turn created a battle.

I am now completely unable to provoke fights on the map.

I know something changed, but how?

Ok, so apparently by sitting still at my TFs destination for one turn provoked a fight with the nearby hostile TF I had been chasing.

Engage testmode

Yup, sitting near the hostile TF (inside the outer circle) through a turn creates a battle (Meeting). 10/10 successrate of creation. 

Edited by MDHansen

I'm playing a China game and increasing the size of a 4" secondary to 4.5" makes it weigh a LOT more than a 5" gun, so i think there are still issues when it comes to weight scaling.
The same issue appears with other small calibers as well.

• Like 5

I do not know if it was present in a previous update or introduced in this one but, the fact that the game continues to process a campaign start while your OS is focused away from the game itself is MASSIVE.  While it would be ideal if the game did not minimize itself during this, this a huge step in the right direction!  Looking forward to more.

EDIT: This works for processing turns as well.

Edited by Suribachi
  • Like 5