Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

Actually my theory of the devs Kowtowing to the CCP is supported by the fact that China owns Tibet during the game. Tibet broke away from china during the Xinhai revolution and was only reannexed by the CCP during the 1950s. It was an independent country from 1911 through 1951. Any mention of an independent Tibet is strictly forbidden in the current day CCP.

Please, Pleeeease @Nick Thomadisaddress this simple issue and make China what it should be. 

wrong china.png

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Fishyfish said:

实际上,我的开发者向中共磕头的理论得到了中国在游戏中拥有西藏这一事实的支持。西藏在辛亥革命期间脱离中国,直到 1950 年代才被中共收复。从 1911 年到 1951 年,它是一个独立的国家。当今的中共严禁提及西藏独立。

拜托,拜托@尼克托马斯解决这个简单的问题,让中国成为它应该成为的样子。 

错误的中国.png

I assume we can all agree that this forum (especially at here, feedback for newest beta) is not a good place to debate political issues. I understand that you have a unique view based on your personal position on certain facts in history, but in any case, please do not vent your political opinions in this place where more important issues should be discussed. We already have a GENERAL DISCUSSION sub for you to post your opinion. Hope you enjoy the game!

• Like 1

Quick question: Do we need to start a new campaign after every hotfix, or we can still use the old saves unless otherwise specified?

When I run the newest version with my old save, my ships still looks drunk on the sea. Also, when I was asked to build ships for foreign countries, I cannot click "yes" and when I click "no", the campaign will be frozen, I cannot do anything so I have to alt+F4 to desktop (I even cannot go back to the main menu because I cannot click any "yes") and reload the save, then this problem will be solved. I assume this issue happens when the current building work is over my shipbuilding capacity. Another minor issue is that my conquest or invade icons are also removed from the game so I cannot track the progress of it. 

Update: The selling ship issue happens due to I have reached the max shipbuilding capacity. Maybe you can fix this request or add a small check before it happens, or you can just remove this.

Edited by Xteam25Boyz
Important update info

Pretty long standing issue here, but the enemy is still able to run away at great speeds despite being out of feul.
XqNNJHr.png
HMS Grafton here is out of fuel, But Is Still Making 90% Of Her Design Speed.
It took almost an hour to catch up to this little bugger, as my BC's had to chase him into the shadow realm, a bug I thought was fixed a few patches ago, but still seems to be happening.
irKTSC7.png
I'd also like to mention that "Command and Control" of a taskforce is more of a myth than an operational reality at this point, as despite very clear orders coming from my mouse and keyboard, my ships are still fishtailing around the ocean shooting at whatever they feel like rather than what I'm explicitly telling them to.

• Like 2

1930s German Campaign

I have started a conquest against Lithuania in which I am allowed a Port Strike Mission.

Upon finishing the mission, the game hangs up on the loading screen while displaying "...battles..."

The bug report icon is missing, the main menu is available, but none of the buttons do anything once clicked.

Attempting to auto-resolve the battle results in the after battle screen summarizing loses being locked, and the save being unable to load once reloading the game.

@Nick Thomadis Is it possible to add a feature of selling already built/obsolete ships to minor nations? I suggest allied minor nations being able to oth order latest designs from shipyards and buy obsolete/already built ships. Non allied minor nations are being able to buy only obsolete ships.

Edited by Zuikaku

I don't have any specific feedback here, but holy f*** the absolute state of this game is atrocious. It was atrocious in the last patch, and it hasn't gotten any better with this beta, we've just traded old bugs for new ones. Please, for the love of God, Stop Adding New Features and Rebalancing Components Until Every Single Bug is Fixed. Adding New Content Shouldn't be the Priority when the Current Content Doesn't Work Properly. Please, Just Slow Down, and Fix Everything That's Currently in the Game Before Adding More.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, SodaBit said:

У меня здесь нет никаких конкретных отзывов, но, черт возьми, абсолютное состояние этой игры ужасное. В последнем патче было ужасно, и с этой бета-версией лучше не стало, мы просто заменили старые ошибки на новые. Пожалуйста, ради всего Святого, прекратите добавлять новые функции и перебалансировать компоненты, пока не будут исправлены все ошибки. Добавление нового контента не должно быть приоритетом, если текущий контент не работает должным образом. Пожалуйста, просто притормозите и исправьте все, что есть в игре в данный момент, прежде чем добавлять новые.

Developers don't have dozens of testers to roll out a 100% finished product to us. We perform the role of testers, and we ourselves agreed with this. Adding new features and rebalancing components requires communication with a large audience, and developers, by the way, react quickly enough and correct errors. Patches are coming almost every day, it's very cool. If someone can't bear to play at all, roll back to the previous version or wait a week until everything is fixed. And I'm ready to suffer a little, especially if the developers promptly correct the targeting reset and allow the sale of outdated ships.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spinaker said:

Developers don't have dozens of testers to roll out a 100% finished product to us. We perform the role of testers, and we ourselves agreed with this. Adding new features and rebalancing components requires communication with a large audience, and developers, by the way, react quickly enough and correct errors. Patches are coming almost every day, it's very cool. If someone can't bear to play at all, roll back to the previous version or wait a week until everything is fixed. And I'm ready to suffer a little, especially if the developers promptly correct the targeting reset and allow the sale of outdated ships.

Yeah I don't mind suffering for 'the cause'. But in this case there is no point of continuing when I can't control the task force. Everything else is secondary to that. So here we are at the 2nd hotfix and it hasn't yet been addressed? It is the #1 issue, which brings a screeching halt to my testing anyway.

• Like 4

Glad to see that the incorrect Spanish flag has finally been adressed. Speaking of flags, you're aware you can get into legal trouble in Germany for marketing a product with the Nazi Germany flag on it, don't you?

@Nick Thomadis I strongly advise removing Nazi Germany flag before the update goes live. Since I'm surprised that this game is apparently coming out from the hole it was 1.0.9, I wouldn't want it to sink definitely by a lawsuit coming from Germany.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The PC Collector said:

Glad to see that the incorrect Spanish flag has finally been adressed. Speaking of flags, you're aware you can get into legal trouble in Germany for marketing a product with the Nazi Germany flag on it, don't you?

@Nick Thomadis I strongly advise removing Nazi Germany flag before the update goes live. Since I'm surprised that this game is apparently coming out from the hole it was 1.0.9, I wouldn't want it to sink definitely by a lawsuit coming from Germany.

No. 

You are four years out of date, they lifted that ban specifically for videogames in 2018.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45142651

Edited by Knobby
  • Like 3

10 часов назад Fishyfish сказал:

На самом деле моя теория о том, что разработчики преклоняются перед КПК, подтверждается тем фактом, что Китай владеет Тибетом во время игры. Тибет откололся от Китая во время Синьхайской революции и был вновь аннексирован КПК только в 1950-х годах. Это была независимая страна с 1911 по 1951 год. Любое упоминание о независимом Тибете строго запрещено в нынешней КПК.

Пожалуйста, Pleeeease @Nick Томадисрешить эту простую проблему и сделать Китай таким, каким он должен быть.

неправильный фарфор.png

Отделена ли Украина от России? Да, сделайте его неиграбельным и все. Или предположим, что Венгрия отделена от Австрии, Пруссия, Бавария и Саксония также отделены. Почему так?

I finished a campaign (in 1898). After a war with the UK as Italy my income became $NaN and the following turn, by consequence, my funds became $NaN. 

The following turn I got the screen "The campaign has ended". Don't know if it's relevant to the end game, but in this campaign China, Spain, Austria-Hungary and the British Empire all collapsed within 10 turns from one another.

• Like 1

Another wish to the developers. If it is impossible to give the player the opportunity to place ships at the beginning of the battle, then at least increase the distances between them. Very often it turns out to be a dump, ships ram each other and get tired of solving the same problem every time.
Second. The button for selecting the distance between the ships does not seem to work. No matter how you switch from Tight to Loose, the distance does not change. Of course it's not critical, but it needs to be corrected.

I have tested more and TF clashes definitely work MUCH better. It's just a HUGE change.

Just remove the drunken ships to make it almost perfect.

I tried landing many times, but it only worked once. The rest of the time, a large number of my ships are standing next to the right shore and nothing happens.

So far things have worked much better, even the targeting is better (despite the problems you're already working on). Once i had the game stuck on updating missions, but otherwise no major blocking issues with the 2nd hotfix.

The main thing i've seen is that ships still can't stay in formation in battle, they start wiggling around behind the lead ship of their group even if they're in the right spot, regardless of setting the ship avoidance functionality and completely ignoring the distance setting.
Also whenever i make a ship turn it then wiggles back and forth a few times before going straight, this definitely didn't happen in 1.9 and makes battles rather annoying because it limits accuracy while maneuvering way too much and you can't do precise maneuvers like before.

41 minutes ago, spinaker said:

Another wish to the developers. If it is impossible to give the player the opportunity to place ships at the beginning of the battle, then at least increase the distances between them. Very often it turns out to be a dump, ships ram each other and get tired of solving the same problem every time.
Second. The button for selecting the distance between the ships does not seem to work. No matter how you switch from Tight to Loose, the distance does not change. Of course it's not critical, but it needs to be corrected.

Just to build off this with a few things.

1. Ships of different classes should never be in the same division unless explicitly directed by the player.  Time and time again I see 29 knot BBs stuck behind 22 knot BBs and they get wrecked because they cannot use their speed to help them stay alive or the slower ship drags the  rest of the division down.  Something that can easily be missed in a battle with a lot going on.

2. If a system is going to be implemented where the player can create their own starting formations (like a classic Battleship board game grid), allowing the player to save custom formations along with having a few presets would be needed.

3. There should be an in battle command for all divisions to abandon the formation and attack at their own best speed.  For example, given a formation where BBs are forming a battle line, BCs are following, CLs are screening, and DDs are scouting, one command should tell all divisions to form there own battle lines, spread out and to attack at their own best speed.

Please note, I do not want this to be implemented until all other bugs have been addressed.  These are nice to haves, but are not mandatory.

• Like 1

So drunken ships is still a thing, but targeting is a bit better still needs work. I'm curious since we have never had drunken ships bug before is it something to do with the targeting problem? If so can we expect it to not be fixed until the targeting gets completely fixed? If we can get this drunken ships bug fixed this update seems to be heading in the right direction

4 minutes ago, Revanchist95 said:

So drunken ships is still a thing, but targeting is a bit better still needs work. I'm curious since we have never had drunken ships bug before is it something to do with the targeting problem? If so can we expect it to not be fixed until the targeting gets completely fixed? If we can get this drunken ships bug fixed this update seems to be heading in the right direction

The way I see this issue, and I could be off base here, is this is what the ships were doing in the 1.09.3 version where they would zig zag behind the division flagship.  Except now the issue has extended to the flagship as well so at least we can see just how much _insert favorite alcoholic beverage here_ the helmsman has had before taking his post.  

A workaround for now is to point your ship in the general direction you want the division to go and once they have made that turn, lock the rudder to manual input using the checkbox next to the rudder graphic at the bottom of the screen.  They then sail straight as an arrow.  Obviously, this is a pain in large battles; personally, I struggle with 2 or 3 divisions, let alone more than that.

36 minutes ago, Suribachi said:

The way I see this issue, and I could be off base here, is this is what the ships were doing in the 1.09.3 version where they would zig zag behind the division flagship.  Except now the issue has extended to the flagship as well so at least we can see just how much _insert favorite alcoholic beverage here_ the helmsman has had before taking his post.  

A workaround for now is to point your ship in the general direction you want the division to go and once they have made that turn, lock the rudder to manual input using the checkbox next to the rudder graphic at the bottom of the screen.  They then sail straight as an arrow.  Obviously, this is a pain in large battles; personally, I struggle with 2 or 3 divisions, let alone more than that.

The zig zag behind the division leader has been a thing for a really long time. I'd honestly kind of forgotten that at one point it wasn't so much of a thing way back. I wonder if custom battles are having this bug too?