Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.09 Feedback (Released)<<<

Nick Thomadis

Bugs List.
1)  Trying to file a bug report is crashing the game, seems to be random.

2)  If two nations make peace with you in the same turn, they are treated as the same nation.

3)  Thus far I haven't lost any ships to it, but I'm having a lot more close-calls with friendly torpedoes lately.  Torpedo avoidance on ships seems to ignore friendly torpedoes (this is a problem).  Meanwhile the issue exists in the first place because too often screening vessels are still hiding behind capital ships rather than putting themselves between said capital ships and the enemy.

Example:  Playing as Germany, was at war with US and Russia, and stomping them both.  Both asked for peace on the same turn and I agreed.  Peace was made.  When screen came up for me to talk reparations it said I was dealing with Russia, and I was.  Except Alaska, Aleutians, and Panama canal were listed with Russia, as were all American ships.  To see what would happen, I asked for Alaska and the Aleutians, and got them.  Window closed and that was it.

If this is not intentional it is a bug.  If this is intentional it is a bad design choice.  Russia and USA are two separate nations and after clubbing them both like baby seals I should be able to extort territory / cash / ships from each of them separately rather than having it go into a single pool.  I had trounced Russia even harder than the USA in the conflict, and should have been able to claim the Balkans and Norway to go with Alaska and Aleutians from USA.  I was unable to even attempt it however as Alaska and Aleutians used up the "reparations pool" the two countries were apparently sharing.

General Feedback
Technologically I am way out ahead of everyone except Great Britain everyone else is either behind or very behind.  And this seems to be exposing some potential problems.  Namely that I have a hell of a time bringing any other nation to battle.  Very few missions are generated, and when they are, they are something like one of my light cruisers versus a cluster of enemy destroyers.  My BB's almost never get a crack at the enemy's.

Now I get it, the inferior force would do everything it can to avoid being brought to battle.  But this is a game, there needs to be some options to force this.  One would be to give players the option to directly choose to attack a port, rather than just park their fleet next to the port and hope Mission Generator God decides to do something. 

I must also agree with what a number of other posters have said.  Until the diplomacy system is worked out, players need some mechanism to force a conflict with another nation.  I've been trying since 1890 to pick a fight with Britain and haven't been able, instead I've ended up in prolonged wars with everyone but Britain.

Speaking of blockades.  They still don't seem to actually do anything meaningful.  I continue to watch nations that I've had blockaded for years enjoy enormous economic growth.  What is the point of a blockade in this case?  I get that a blockade won't collapse a nation overnight.  But after 4 years of uninterrupted blockade, a nation should not be enjoying a booming economy.  Would really appreciate some indication of whether or not there is intention to deal with this, or if it is working as intended and that intent is something I simply don't understand.

But...

At least it does seem that all my bitching about battleship radios weighing more than entire destroyers finally got through to someone.  So, yay.

Edited by Kane
  • Like 2

So I have reported this as a bug  for the last two updates. 

When starting a new career, if you choose a latter date (than 1890)  And choose "build your own fleet"   The game will spend a lot of time then randomly pick a country (never the one you chose) and give you an 1890 start.

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

So I have reported this as a bug  for the last two updates. 

When starting a new career, if you choose a latter date (than 1890)  And choose "build your own fleet"   The game will spend a lot of time then randomly pick a country (never the one you chose) and give you an 1890 start.

Try this 

2 hours ago, TAKTCOM said:

Turrets act strangely.

It is not damaged, but it seems to be stuck -  does not turn and does not shoot.

Same problem. Turrets get stuck in these positions.

Recently I had a big battle, and when I looked at my ships towards the end of the battle, 7 out of 8 CAs had this problem. 3 of them were practically undamaged, but the turrets were frozen in place. A lot of DDs also had this problem. Strangely, none of the battleships had this problem.

Edit: all my BBs have 360 degrees turrets. Maybe that's the reason.

Edited by Lima

2 minutes ago, Admiral Hipster said:

98% of the Russian fleet destroyed and the Russians do not surrender.
The most bizarre thing is the public opinion that seems to enjoy seeing their ships at the bottom of the ocean. 🤔

=pkl.png

Captura de tela 2022-10-21 170908.png

Because now they have a mighty submarine fleet! The propaganda was right! 

• Like 1

I am saddened by one thing. As a Turkish American the lack of Ottoman/Muslim representation kind of hits. Granted the Empire wasn't on the same level as the British or Germans but surely we had more to offer than Spain or China. Also before anyone dog piles me I also wouldn't mind seeing the Dutch getting some representation as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ecallaweht said:

I am saddened by one thing. As a Turkish American the lack of Ottoman/Muslim representation kind of hits. Granted the Empire wasn't on the same level as the British or Germans but surely we had more to offer than Spain or China. Also before anyone dog piles me I also wouldn't mind seeing the Dutch getting some representation as well.

The Greeks as well as Brazil/Argentinia/Chile would be nice too. But the bugs need to be dealt with first

• Like 3

Beta Update 6 (22/10/2022)

Warning! Saves reset! Campaign long turns, and various bugs would be unavoidable with old saves.

-  Fixed major issues of map pathfinding which were also causing severe turn lags. Now you should notice a faster resolution of campaign turns. Moreover, the ship movement on map is more consistent.
- Fine tuned Technology Research, Fuel Consumption, and various other aspects of the campaign.
- (New feature)  Gun length settings depended on technology: The maximum gun length caliber is now researchable in “Turret Mechanisms” (and can be increased a little further than before), simulating the needed metallurgy developments to allow durable large caliber naval rifles which previously were unrealistically available too early in the technology era.
- Fixed bugs of flaws mechanics which caused various issues with the calculations. Please check if late era ships have less defects and if refits now repair those issues more consistently than before.
- Battle AI & Targeting balances.
- Nearest Supply Port now takes into consideration not only the distance but also the Port Capacity of distant ports. Moreover Supply ports can be not only those you own but also those of your allies. Consequently, supplying Task Forces with ammo and fuel in distant waters can be now more effective.

Please Restart Steam to receive the new update.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Beta Update 6 (22/10/2022)

Warning! Saves reset! Campaign long turns, and various bugs would be unavoidable with old saves.

-  Fixed major issues of map pathfinding which were also causing severe turn lags. Now you should notice a faster resolution of campaign turns. Moreover, the ship movement on map is more consistent.
- Fine tuned Technology Research, Fuel Consumption, and various other aspects of the campaign.
- (New feature)  Gun length settings depended on technology: The maximum gun length caliber is now researchable in “Turret Mechanisms” (and can be increased a little further than before), simulating the needed metallurgy developments to allow durable large caliber naval rifles which previously were unrealistically available too early in the technology era.
- Fixed bugs of flaws mechanics which caused various issues with the calculations. Please check if late era ships have less defects and if refits now repair those issues more consistently than before.
- Battle AI & Targeting balances.
- Nearest Supply Port now takes into consideration not only the distance but also the Port Capacity of distant ports. Moreover Supply ports can be not only those you own but also those of your allies. Consequently, supplying Task Forces with ammo and fuel in distant waters can be now more effective.

Please Restart Steam to receive the new update.

there still seems to be a bit of a problem with the "building ships" screen freezing about 3 years into the campaign

• Like 2