Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.09 Feedback (Released)<<<

Nick Thomadis

27 minutes ago, Plazma said:

As I said, this is a balance issue not a bug issue for me. The AI sometimes don't want risk anything. With this same situation 3 BB vs 5 CL I will also run away with 3 BB, because of torpedo, lack of spotting ability, too risky(low profit compared to be able lose 1 BB in stupid way) and also even if I win, the 3 BB will be repair for 1-2 month and that is huge stop, I could be blockaded by the enemy in the next turn. And I will run away not only because I was afraid, but to keep the distance as long as possible. The BB charging into CL is a bad idea in my opinion. 

Why risky the fight 1 vs 1 when we can run away and try 2 vs 1. (especially when they have numerical advantage and disadvantage in quality). I think the AI behave very different depends on something. Example in my campaign Russia run away, but Chines navy engage most of the time, only in situation 1 vs 2 they run away. 

If you are faster you decide when the fight should have a place, but in transport convoy they should engage more often in general.

Don't forget that this is a game, and as a game, it's purpose is being entertaining. Without absolutely any acritude, if you legit find fun having an endless chase on every single engagement, I'm honestly happy for you. But for most of the playerbase, that is an annoyance at best, and judging by the reaction to my posts, I'd say that is majoritarily considered an very serious issue which completely cripples the gameplay to the point of making the game not worth playing. And as such, it should be adressed ASAP.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The PC Collector said:

Don't forget that this is a game, and as a game, it's purpose is being entertaining. Without absolutely any acritude, if you legit find fun having an endless chase on every single engagement, I'm honestly happy for you. But for most of the playerbase, that is an annoyance at best, and judging by the reaction to my posts, I'd say that is majoritarily considered an very serious issue which completely cripples the gameplay to the point of making the game not worth playing. And as such, it should be adressed ASAP.

Are you using ships with torpedos?

From what I have seen so does it seams that the AI is super scared of torpedos and will avoid battle if it does not have equile or greater numbers of torpedos than you do. This has I been able to observe in earlier versions of the game also so it is not new.

If the AI has a bounch of torpedos and your ship do not then they do seams to be overconfendent and try to get into torpedo range as fast as possable to get to use torpedos.

Note that they will still run if there are to high of a chance that all their ship would be sunk before being able to launch torpedos which mostly affect ambush battles. (Due to DD and TB low survivebilety ageinst to many sec/casemate guns).

This has meant that I did not put torpedos on my pre-dreadnought ships which resulted in the Russian AI to fight me in battles with their ships which were overfilled with torpedos. In one of the battles I fought which were 2CA, 5CL vs. 2CA, 3CL the AI still tried to fight and lost all ships due to my ship having better crew and was gun/speed focused.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The PC Collector said:

for me long barrel guns should be addressed ASAP it is not funny when you have face opponent too strong or too weak.

Only when I generate via AI ships one time per year I am able to have balance fight until something too strong will generate.  

And about chasing turn AI on and SFX sound next start watching movie/anime etc. and go back when you hear the shooting sound or even don't come back to game, your ships will win it anyway, because AI is too weak. 

Chasing a enemy is realistic, if you know that the enemy is too fast, retreat also and end the battle. This take something like 30s. 

Anyway another solution to this issue is enable x30 for all the situations. In this way the chasing will be 3-6x times faster. Additional they can run out of fuel and because that you will catch them faster and weaker. 

As always, thanks to the dev team for trying to patch things up.

As others have said, the refit times have gone up exponentially. Even just to apply a new mark of gun, the refit time is now the same as the build time. I don't think that 30 months to add radar is accurate.

There is an exploit, as long as the ship is at sea, you can order a refit, and it takes little to no time.

Also have seen when building ships, once completed, they enter the "commissioning" phase and then go into repairs for almost a year.

The latest patch seemed to stabilize some of the turns freezing, but there are some that still hang up. Mostly on "building ships". Sometimes you can exit to the main menu, but others require the game to be forced to shut down.

Edited by DieselPower
grammar error

Though they should adapt the research techs and the slot as a whole accordingly. Because of the added in techs for unlocking barrel lengths that whole slot is slowed down considerably and you'll get access to tripple maingun turrets for example only waaaay past when they came in historically with the Tegetthoffs and Italian ships.

• Like 2

I am the USA, fought with Japan. I finally managed to bring the game to a peace agreement.

When offering peace, I chose "Fight to the end" option, however, peace was still concluded. I was not offered any territories (that is very bad for the US).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lima said:

I am the USA, fought with Japan. I finally managed to bring the game to a peace agreement.

When offering peace, I chose "Fight to the end" option, however, peace was still concluded. I was not offered any territories (that is very bad for the US).

Japan currently only have 1 provence which is japan it self and the only province ships can be produced from so there were no territories which can be taken from them.

Okinawa could be split of from the province of japan so it can be taken so the port of Naha can be gained but that is if the devs chose to split the province in the first place.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TAKTCOM said:

ASAP it has already happened. Long barrel guns now it's tech.

Yey! And because of that AI in 1900 making -7% length barrel gun on CA and on BB +7% length barrel each 9", the effect? CA can't hit BB in the range of 2km, but BB shooting at range 10km in CA without problems. 

In other words:

-10% length barrel is like 1/2 gun with +0% no matter how you look.

and

+10% length barrel is like 4  with +0% no matter how you look.

at least

in the end your 1 BB is like 10 BB enemy or like 5 BB or like 1,2 of the enemy BB. Because of length barrel. The only downside of this is the penetration of deck, but this is too small disadvantage to balance it. 

Bug found: Unable to mothball ships > forces recommissioning and repairs.

I found a bug playing as US. I wanted to mothball some of my BBs at start and found that I'm unable to do so. I tested it again and it is consistent. After setting them to mothball, they automatically enter "commissioning" the next turn and then "repairing" after that. See screenshots below. The first is the turn I set BB Maryland to mothball. The second is the next turn where she's automatically commissioning. (Can't post both screenshots, will post against with 2nd screenshot)

Screenshot 2022-10-24 102232.png

• Like 3

Well i have one small thing - nations that start in 1890 without ability to build bbs need a smaller hull of pocket battleships or something like that due to the way power projection is calculated.

China which is very close to fight agains Japan is best example of it. I mean i would not mind being unable to build BBs but i get blockaded 1st turn of war...

Edited by Grayknight

11 hours ago, Danz_Von_Luck said:

wth is going on with this game, I have Germany Britain and USA just grouping all of these ships into single stationary doom stacks. Germany and Britain's are right next to each other in the North Sea generating no tension between them. Meanwhile I as Japan am desperately fighting off Russia with little hope of winning giving how broken?? the VP is now I just sunk a heavy cruiser and a light cruiser for the loss of 2 out of 8 old TBs defending a convoy (which was unharmed) and got just 68vp (the Russians got 274 for my 2 TBs). I gotta be honest I'm about ready to give up

ye VP r just ridiculous, I just tried to break the Russian blockade by engaging there fleet, I sank all of the Russian ships - 4 BBs, 2 CAs, 4 CLs & 7 TBs for the loss of 2 CL and 15 TBs and got just 16 VP more than them. Meanwhile they get 500vp a tern arbitrarily. See you all later when this game makes some semblance of sense

• Like 3

It looks like we need a bug report button on the loading screens because this is where a majority of my issues are at the moment. Constant hang ups after battles and between turns that never end.

Also ships in formation seem to have absolutely no control over their speed if the lead ship changes its own.

The map desperately needs to be stitched to connect the two halves of the Pacific and the map center should always be centered on the player's nation. Japan is so far to the edge of the map that the UI overlays much of the area they operate in.

Otherwise I'm really enjoying the improvements made so far. Keep up the work.

• Like 1

Another bug that I'm forced to report here, since trying to do it via in-game bug report crashes said game.

Its taking way too long to get new ships into service, because as soon as they exit the "commissioning" stage, they go straight into repair stage as if the entire ship is having to be rebuilt from the keel up.

Its like my captains have confused the concept of a shakedown cruise with a demolition derby.

Also, as others have said, what the hell is up with these huge refit times?  Should upgrading from Mk-I to Mk-III guns really take as long as it took to build the ship?

No.  No it shouldn't.

• Like 2

Feedback: Gun Layout Research is out of order. Superfiring turrets should come after 4x centerline turrets. Also "superimposed" is not "superfiring", should be renamed.

I don't think this is a bug, but it just makes no sense. Superfiring turrets were born out of the desire to avoid using wing turrets and to be able to still have an equal broadside to contemporary ships while keeping displacement down. USS South Carolina (BB-26) was the first capital ship to have super firing turrets for these reasons. She matched the broadside of HMS Dreadnought and other nations' first dreadnoughts and also met the US Congress' tonnage limitations. To my knowledge she is the first capital ship to have superfiring main battery turrets. From a gameplay perspective, I also don't find any real use for having a barbette option in game when I'm limited to 3x main battery turrets. The few older pre-dreadnought hulls where this might be useful don't allow you to place barbettes and the dreadnought hulls all have plenty of room for 3x main turrets with room to spare for a lido deck. Some of the hulls already have a superfiring barbette position built into the hull at it is (USA Dreadnought I for example).

And before someone brings it up, yes, there were earlier designs with superfiring turrets, but not large, main battery turrets. Henri IV (1899) had a superfiring aft turret, but this was a 5.4in secondary battery gun. Some of the US pre-dreadnoughts had superimposed turrets but this is not the same as superfiring. (Kearsarge and Virginia classes) They literally just built a second gun-house for a pair of twin second/intermediary guns. The rotated with the main turret and frankly turned out to be a very stupid idea both times; they didn't work. In short, 4x centerline main battery turrets were contemporary to superfiring main battery turrets and more importantly were designed specifically to allow  for the proposed 4x centerline turrets so they should come as a concept before superfiring turrets.

Lastly, the name of the research should be changed, as "superimposed" is not what you're actually researching.

Beta Update 7 Hotfix (24/10/2022)

- Fixed bug that caused AI to insist on trying to build invalid designs (ships with higher tonnage than allowed in campaign) creating many delays in turns and in campaign generation. This was one major reason for turn delays, but probably not the only one. We need your continuous feedback to fix any remaining issue.
- Fixed bug that did not allow saves to be deleted with the button. This bug probably could corrupt some saves, which when reloaded could cause partial overridden data and the permanent destruction of the save.
- Fixed bug that caused the background of "New Campaign" to interfere while editing inside the Save window, and so accidentally some of your defined settings would change to another value (for example, start a campaign with a different nation than the one chosen).
- Reverted Refit Time estimation code to an intermediate stage because it needs total refactoring. Version 6 always calculated time equal or higher than the ship construction time. Please note that sometimes the simple refit may need more time only when it traces invalid parts, which have to be re-adjusted automatically and are counted as measurable changes for the time evaluation.
- Fixed bug that could cause the Research Tech Tree interface to clone itself when you loaded a new campaign after another.
- Further fixes/improvements for the formations.
- Further balances to minefield damage and prevention against them.
- Further technology research speed up.
- Other minor fixes.

Please note the following

- Saves/settings have been reset (except Naval Academy and Custom Battle saved designs).
- The new hulls have to be postponed for the next patch, as well as the province border improvements (you see now lacking province borders or with various inaccuracies). Our target is to fix all major bugs and fully release the patch this week. Then we will progress on the next one with many new hulls and various scheduled new features.

Please Restart Steam to receive the new update.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

- Further balances to minefield damage and prevention against them.

Thank you for your work. Can you explain this point in more detail? Should ships take damage from mines while being away from ports? Is it possible to remove enemy mines with the help of minesweepers?