Game-Labs Forum

Whats your ships name?

Mass

In Potbs i had ship names just like Dirty Cat, Wet Cat, Angry Cat etc. Wet Cat was most rarely sunking gank ship :) Guess i will stick with that tradition, if I buy this game somewhen.

a friend of mine used his Wenden in Portbattles and managed to get an DR of 24 or 26 on the boardside.

in the end we named it things like "Graf Spee" because it was an Panzerschiff in these battles or "Großer Kurfürst"

i miss these times

I am a big fan of the "I" boats.  When the Royal Navy was naming their first battlecruisers prior to WWI, they came up with quite a long list.  It started with impressive-sounding names like "Invincible" and "Indefatigable", but further down the list I found such comic entries as "Inconceivable", "Invisible", "Inflatable", "Inconsiderable", Inflammable, and Incircumcisable".

I once named a tramp steamer the SS Silverfish.  An even smaller smuggler was called Willie Maykett.  For those of you who know the song, there's always the Good Ship Venus.  My German destroyer Z-25 was "Der Zee-monster".

Currently HMS Royal George, however I will forever hold dear to me the weatherly and sturdy 38 gun HMS Leonidas; there is no equal to cruise the open sea for enemy ships to sink, burn, or take! 

I'll name my ships with greek islands names such as Ydra, Spetsai, Psara etc.

I'll surely name a frigate if i get one with the name Karteria.

And the SOL by the name Anastasia or Constantinople.

Small fast ships will probably take one of the 2... Salaminia or Parallos.