Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

only 41600 tons

8 17.9in guns

33 knot top speed at partial efficiency

Tiny citadel with relatively poor pitch and role, but huge weight savings

I heavily armored the 2/3 of the ship not containing the citadel, otherwise even light guns would drain structural hit points like crazy. Still weighs much less to do that rather than have a larger citadel.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

compared to a traditional UK BB

heavier at 44200 tons, more expensive by 24,000,000

only 8 15in guns, but very rapid firing

30 knot top speed at full efficiency

large citadel encompassing 3/5s of the hull, minimal pitch and roll, very stable gunnery platform. Minimal armor on the small extended deck and belt.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This all seems about right to me, realistic give and take, strengths and weaknesses.

1v1 the UK BB trounced the super heavy quad turret french BB 5 to 1, the reload time was simply to long on those big guns, and even those huge shells rarely penetrated the citadel, wile those 15in UK guns could send debilitating salvos ever 24 seconds, and were inherently like twice as accurate, even before factoring in the far superior stability of the UK ship.

Another conclusion i drew from this is that all the guns 16in and up need an accuracy buff, its been slashed to much, the french BB here should have done a bit better. If you increasing the barrel length any to compensate your reload time becomes 1 salvo every 2 minutes.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

*UPDATE 19 * (28/6/2022)
- Fixed various bugs of the campaign that were reported recently by you (and thank you).
- Fixed an old and serious bug of the campaign which caused maintenance costs to be higher than they should, and were repaired only when you selected each ship for each turn (needs testing).
- Fixed an old bug that sometimes could produce false-positive errors on ships when you opened them in the design interface (needs testing).
- Fixed various problems caused by the citadel in weight and instability calculations. Now ships with a short citadel should not have so huge pitch/roll and generally the whole system should work as it should.
- Improved further the Auto-Design system. Ships that are auto-designed should be the most efficient ever and they should also be auto-designed faster.
- Fixed collider errors which caused undesirable too strict collision, preventing guns on barbettes to be closed one above the other, plus causing other issues.
- Various other minor fixes as per your feedback.

3x NEW  HULLS

• “French Experimental Battleship” available from 1899 to 1916 with a displacement between 17,700 and 22.500 tons. This hull can recreate the Danton-class Battleship.
  • “French Experimental Dreadnought” available from 1905 to 1916 with a displacement between 19,750 and 24.500 tons.
  • “French Large Armored Cruiser” available from 1907 to 1921 with a displacement between 14,800 and 16.500 tons.  

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO RECEIVE THE UPDATE. (Saves had to be reset again, old saves will not work, please do not use or if you use, do not report anything to us... :) )

This build is considered the first release candidate as all the planned content is added. We will continue to provide fixes as per your feedback and when all is well, we are going to release.

I'm curious to know what campaign fixes were made. One thing I continue to notice with campaigns is that in this example, almost all of italy's fleet was destroyed, but both sides have relatively close numbers of victory points. In the previous version campaign something similar would happen but both sides would keep headbutting eachother until the negative economic growth destroyed one country. Right now italy's growth is still strong even though it has no fleet. 

This isn't a bug necessarily but I don't feel like the VP system and growth rates are reflected in the fact that France more or less destroyed 90% of Italy's fleet. With the way battles are fought, if one side's ships are badly damaged but none sink and the other side has lots of sunken ships, how close are the VPs? 

Not something that be fixed thoroughly for 1.06 but worth thinking about in the context of preventing the AI from destroying itself before the player gets a crack at them. Italy should really have sued for peace by now. 

image.thumb.png.f68bd4c85fc399aa88022a6a13d3c1bd.png

image.png

I think transport losses are not accurate to the war situation. For example - when playing as Italy in 1930 Britain has only 1 CL and 1 DD in the entire Mediterranean, with multiple Italian fleets lurking outside their port with "Protect" duty but I lose up to 8 transports per turn, but with multiple Italian battlecruiser task groups in the north sea and english channel Britain only loses 2 transports per turn.

• Like 2

Also if there are multiple wars where some of the participants on a side are not in an alliance the war state will keep getting reset. For example, wars restart after peace is already accepted implemented (not just failed negotiation) if someone who is at war with someone you are also at with also proclaims war on the country you are no longer at war with.

I have also noticed similar behaviours with wars ending without any peace negotiation when another non alliance country makes peace with the country you are at war with.

• Like 1

When a division becomes seperated and you reduce speed to allow it to reform the last ship in the formation will reduce it's speed to the target speed first (or even some arbitrary lower speed), then accelerate to rejoin the formation after. Instead it should maintain it's speed until it is closer to the main formation before decelerating.

Ships can become seperated by 10s of kilometres when dodging torpedos, and then essentially never be able to catch up because of this.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aloeus said:

Pitch and roll seems broken on some hulls. I can't get the DD1 hull under 50% pitch and 50% roll, and if I designed it how I would have in patch 18 I have a 70% pitch and 80% roll. I know PandR will generally be greater witht he new weight system, but this is sort of broken. the penalties are still there for high P and R after all. I also had a 70% pitch on some of the early french light cruisers. 

I agree. Once again, it is impossible for me to start my customary 1890 campaign because the starting Italo-British TB hull is locked at 100% pitch and roll with nothing on it. I need some of these vessels for an effective campaign. Every combination of towers, funnels, guns, and torpedo mounts does absolutely nothing to move the 100% down. This has to be bugged...I don't get why "citadels" should even be modeled on ships that inherently don't have any armor.

It would be nice for the devs to release "guidelines" in the help section, where the starting pitch, roll, offsets of all the hulls are listed, before anything is added. That way we can check what the game UI is displaying to start with, against what the game is supposed to say in theory. Right now, the game is simply an infuriating seesaw of broken ship stability stats...

• Like 3

Wars keep "breaking out" over and over again without ever having ended. I am 2 years into a 1910 campaign as France and war with Germany has just broken out for the 3rd or 4th time. There has never been a peace treaty

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Makko said:

Wars keep "breaking out" over and over again without ever having ended. I am 2 years into a 1910 campaign as France and war with Germany has just broken out for the 3rd or 4th time. There has never been a peace treaty

I saw this in patch 18 was hoping that had been fixed. It screws with diplomacy a lot because it stacks the penalties. 

15 minutes ago, Aloeus said:

I saw this in patch 18 was hoping that had been fixed. It screws with diplomacy a lot because it stacks the penalties. 

Ironically it is the only thing keeping me allied with the UK who are furious that I dare to send my warships to any sea region  to fight the people we are actively at war with

8 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

*UPDATE 19 * (28/6/2022)
- Fixed collider errors which caused undesirable too strict collision, preventing guns on barbettes to be closed one above the other, plus causing other issues.

I'm very glad that this issue is being addressed, but there's still the issue with the Modern BC hull for Germany. The largest towers on that hull, Main Tower 3 and Rear Tower 4, can only fit guns up to 14" in caliber on its attached barbette, despite the hull itself being able to support guns up to 18" in caliber. I think there's a few other German hulls with this kind of issue, like Super Battleship 1, where the hull can support much larger guns than the barbettes attached to the towers, and if you want to use larger guns, you'll have to provide separate barbettes for them, unless you're planning to go with an A-X turret layout, and make what is essentially a gigantic Deutschland. 

Diplomacy seems to be wack when war breaks out. I had like 7 wars break out over 2 turns (because multiple wars keeps happening) and despite going to war with Germany multiple times Britain now hates me (-99 rep). Each war with Germany should give me like 30 positive rep with UK but apparently does the opposite?

Edit: wars and diplo are all sorts of messed up. I just had a message to cause me to go to war with Britain, but instead I'm now at war with AH and Italy??? Before turn end I was apparently only like -12 rep with AH but now I'm at war with them. at this rate I'll be at war with the entire world. 

Edited by Aloeus
  • Like 3

It makes sense that you wouldn't capture "surrendered" enemy ships (the crew would scuttle the ship and get in the lifeboats) but I feel like if my ships surrender, but I win the battle, maybe I should be able to recover those ships? (This would apply to the AI too.)

I also am seeing odd peace/war starts ends. Hard to report as a bug because of the lack of information we get on wars. Overall the diplomacy system being used is not working to allow multiple wars with changing participants and alliances. We can't give you specifics but if you play several campaigns yourself or watch streams of others and watch the data we are provided you will see it happen. I can't see our reports giving you data enough to fix this as it is right now. Hopefully you can solve this one internally.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, o Barão said:

In this example, it is clear that turrets stop tracking the target because the ship is turning.

In the gun's accuracy panel in the right, we can notice the gun's losing the accuracy and the target. The moment the ship goes in straight line or a gentle turn then will acquire the target again and the turrets will start tracking.

I have this issue a lot. When my ships are highly maneuverable the turrets seem to stop turning until the ship stops turning. It makes it difficult when trying to doge because your guns stop firing for quite awhile. I have to sail in a straight line for my turrets to aim. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, o Barão said:

In this example, it is clear that turrets stop tracking the target because the ship is turning.

In the gun's accuracy panel in the right, we can notice the gun's losing the accuracy and the target. The moment the ship goes in straight line or a gentle turn then will acquire the target again and the turrets will start tracking.

Hull stability & tower is at -45.7%, could be canceling out all the aiming parameters? Would like to see if when you stopped maneuvering, aiming re-starts. If so then stability on light ships seems like a reasonable mechanic.

3 hours ago, Skeksis said:

Hull stability & tower is at -45.7%, could be canceling out all the aiming parameters? Would like to see if when you stopped maneuvering, aiming re-starts. If so then stability on light ships seems like a reasonable mechanic.

Something I didn't notice at the time. The red line tracking the target vanish during the maneuver, and later reappears when the turn ends. So there is something that is making the ship losing the connection to the target. I will run a later test with a good stable hull and modern techs to see if I can find any difference.

UPDATE:

Same thing. Great hull, techs, crew level. All the best.

At first, the turrets track the target doing the turn. But at some point when the turning circle is so tight, they will stop tracking and will start doing some left and right small movements, it seems. The ship never lost contact with the target, but that made no difference.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 2

@Nick Thomadis and I lost the long range, low quality shadows in the recent update. 😒

I have no idea why this happens, since I am always playing at ultra quality settings.

The new update shadows draw distance feedback.

LlibFhg.jpg

HQ shadows

1NwQge9.jpg

LQ shadows

KWab6RX.jpg

LQ shadows already disappearing at this distance? Why?

For comparison, this was 2 weeks ago.

F7BwM6Y.jpg

HQ shadows

E1diEfz.jpg

LQ shadows

qSJR4uP.jpg

LQ shadows still visible at long distances.

Could be possible to add draw distance shadows option in the settings for the player?

Tried to recreate another historical sip - Bayern class battleship. 

Bayern and Baden were regarded as exceptional sea boats by the German navy. Bayern and her sisters were stable and very maneuverable.

In UAD not so much... 

UAD_Bayern.jpg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ZorinW said:

Tried to recreate another historical sip - Bayern class battleship. 

Bayern and Baden were regarded as exceptional sea boats by the German navy. Bayern and her sisters were stable and very maneuverable.

In UAD not so much... 

UAD_Bayern.jpg

Here is one BASIC problem with the Dreadnought III and Battle cruiser IV hulls. They are unbalanced before you touch them. It should be like it is on the Battlecruiser V. BY default the center of mass should be dead center of the hull.

Though this 6% offset can't explain the 100% fore offset once the build is finished.

UAD_COG.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ZorinW said:

Here is one BASIC problem with the Dreadnought III and Battle cruiser IV hulls. They are unbalanced before you touch them. It should be like it is on the Battlecruiser V. BY default the center of mass should be dead center of the hull.

Though this 6% offset can't explain the 100% fore offset once the build is finished.

UAD_COG.jpg

Alright, general challenge to everyone who sees this post. Design a BB with the Dreadnought 3 hull that has Less Than 25% Pitch, Roll, and Longitudinal Weight Offset. I'd like to see if it's even possible with the meta-centric gravity changes.

31 minutes ago, SodaBit said:

Alright, general challenge to everyone who sees this post. Design a BB with the Dreadnought 3 hull that has Less Than 25% Pitch, Roll, and Longitudinal Weight Offset. I'd like to see if it's even possible with the meta-centric gravity changes.

YhiJocC.jpg

Common main gun layout (15 inch guns)

SSvMXhi.jpg

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 6:46 PM, musicbox said:

The German "Destroyer I" hull has this section that won't allow anything placed on top of it or near it, despite having the room for things like bridges and funnels. This denies the possibility of recreating the historical german V-1 destroyer.

Please fix
https://i.imgur.com/ybJjWzN.jpg

I see you guys updated and tried to fix this issue, the funnel now has mounts there and no longer clips through the structure. However it still can't be placed regardless how the hull is extended or not.

4FD4T99.jpg