Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

6 hours ago, o Barão said:

In this example, it is clear that turrets stop tracking the target because the ship is turning.

In the gun's accuracy panel in the right, we can notice the gun's losing the accuracy and the target. The moment the ship goes in straight line or a gentle turn then will acquire the target again and the turrets will start tracking.

Ok, that is behaviour i've never seen before. Nice video example :).

• Like 1

I didnt konw if I would continue the campaign, because it seemed like I couldnt get GB into a war. I had the usual -99 back to -90 again every turn. Frankly I just decided to give it up and wanted to test how drawing out port residents vs weak(er) task forces works in this patch.

And then I got a event involving Italy and I could go to war with them, which is excellent (good job!) because the french will soon be out of ships and I of stuff to kill.

gC8RW7D.jpg

Left "dipomacy" or war panel is ofc bollocks, but the right one nicely registered the war.

So I went an slaughtered the french fleet without issues. They had 2 DDs that got away because I never found them. Cloaking devices and quantum field detortion will do that.

More on blattles in a second post, I want to focus this one on diplomacy.

psEPTyx.jpg

So this one is after slaughtering the french fleet: And guess what, on the right side the VP went correctly on my counter.

J5bI1zE.jpg

I am exited to see if you can truly have sequential wars now with different nations and/or at the same time.

The game crashed right after on "building ships". Not the usual lock up with a detour to the main menu but an outright crash to desktop. Down in the left I could see reports on germans clashing with the french.

Anyway loaded in again and it works, but cant say more as I immediately have to fight a lone french crusiser.

Edited by havaduck

Again on the matter of partial pen fiesta:

Below we see the french trying to spell Great Britain and my 12 BC" pumpin AP into its broadside. There are even some residual salvos coming in at 90 ° from the picture bottom that.

As yo ucan see it took 111! 12 " hits to sink this ship. Flooding damage happens only at the end because most are way above waterline hits and the bulkheads have no problem keeping up with that. In fact structural integrity is at 0,8 % so this more a case of HP depletion than anything else. We can see an 12 " hit does on average 140-ish damage. Mostly from partial pens. Frankly I this is all pretty hilarious since were all close range hits. The actual pens and overpens are mostly on superstructure things like towers, masts and funnels. Penetration is mostly mains guns. Those happen to be ON THE DECK, so can actually hit them.

Look at the Deck-Fiesta going on in the left corner.

sLOqtgR.jpg

Nextup a much lighter amored ship: The french cruiser Bulldogge.

As you can see its only rougly half the shelles needed. That is because is there are more overpens (no supprise there) and those do more damage than a partial pen. Also simply more big calibre pens. The guns used are in a previous posts. Anyway as you can see, there are 3 full 12" pens allone worth a 2k damage. 2 ofc through the deck ....... despite close range 🤪

Now these tend to flood earlier, but as you can see it a structural HP knockout. I suspect due tothe 3 last hits doing 1/6 of the total damage alone - perhaps that by iself can be considered very lucky.

FFK2Vkd.jpg

And this works both ways. I dont have to be afraid of a heavily beaten BB doing 2-4 _K_! due to pen, I can sit my entire fleet within 6 km of the victim.

In 1.05 you would want to stay at a distance where you can hit and pen the enemy reliably, and dont get fooleshly cloose when finishing them off, giving up your advantage and have the tables turned on you potentially.

In 1.06 I want to park 6 battlecruisers within 2 km because even if the enemy guns hit, its gonna do like 200 damage at most.

Try getting those 100 large caliber hits required with your lone BB while facing half a dozzen at least, while you friends are cruising around several kms outside of effecitve gun range. You cann see above how that works out for the AI.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Buoyant_Friend said:

Hmmm, half of my BB's main battery stops firing after a few salvoes... Only aft turrets fire. Fore turrets stay silent after a moment of firing. They're not destroyed and firing arcs are fine (btw some kind of information on firing arcs during a battle would be quite helpful). Anybody seen something like this? 

Have had the same issue on more than one occasion except none of my guns would rotate or fire for like 30 seconds

*UPDATE 19 * (28/6/2022)
- Fixed various bugs of the campaign that were reported recently by you (and thank you).
- Fixed an old and serious bug of the campaign which caused maintenance costs to be higher than they should, and were repaired only when you selected each ship for each turn (needs testing).
- Fixed an old bug that sometimes could produce false-positive errors on ships when you opened them in the design interface (needs testing).
- Fixed various problems caused by the citadel in weight and instability calculations. Now ships with a short citadel should not have so huge pitch/roll and generally the whole system should work as it should.
- Improved further the Auto-Design system. Ships that are auto-designed should be the most efficient ever and they should also be auto-designed faster.
- Fixed collider errors which caused undesirable too strict collision, preventing guns on barbettes to be closed one above the other, plus causing other issues.
- Various other minor fixes as per your feedback.

3x NEW  HULLS

• “French Experimental Battleship” available from 1899 to 1916 with a displacement between 17,700 and 22.500 tons. This hull can recreate the Danton-class Battleship.
  • “French Experimental Dreadnought” available from 1905 to 1916 with a displacement between 19,750 and 24.500 tons.
  • “French Large Armored Cruiser” available from 1907 to 1921 with a displacement between 14,800 and 16.500 tons.  

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO RECEIVE THE UPDATE. (Saves had to be reset again, old saves will not work, please do not use or if you use, do not report anything to us... :) )

This build is considered the first release candidate as all the planned content is added. We will continue to provide fixes as per your feedback and when all is well, we are going to release.

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

*UPDATE 19 * (28/6/2022)
- Fixed various bugs of the campaign that were reported recently by you (and thank you).
- Fixed an old and serious bug of the campaign which caused maintenance costs to be higher than they should, and were repaired only when you selected each ship for each turn (needs testing).
- Fixed an old bug that sometimes could produce false-positive errors on ships when you opened them in the design interface (needs testing).
- Fixed various problems caused by the citadel in weight and instability calculations. Now ships with a short citadel should not have so huge pitch/roll and generally the whole system should work as it should.
- Improved further the Auto-Design system. Ships that are auto-designed should be the most efficient ever and they should also be auto-designed faster.
- Fixed collider errors which caused undesirable too strict collision, preventing guns on barbettes to be closed one above the other, plus causing other issues.

3x NEW  HULLS

• “French Experimental Battleship” available from 1899 to 1916 with a displacement between 17,700 and 22.500 tons. This hull can recreate the Danton-class Battleship.
  • “French Experimental Dreadnought” available from 1905 to 1916 with a displacement between 19,750 and 24.500 tons.
  • “French Large Armored Cruiser” available from 1907 to 1921 with a displacement between 14,800 and 16.500 tons.  

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO RECEIVE THE UPDATE. (Saves had to be reset again, old saves will not work, please do not use or if you use, do not report anything to us... :) )

This build is considered the first release candidate as all the planned content is added. We will continue to provide fixes as per your feedback and when all is well, we are going to release.

About what time could we expect the full release of 1.06?

5 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

*UPDATE 19 * (28/6/2022)

3x NEW  HULLS

Thanks Nick. I know many of us have been hard on you guys about these updates, but many of us hard core players appreciate your teams efforts. Personally I would like to say the amount of comments you have made in this forum these last several weeks is a wonderful and dramatic change form 1-2 years ago. You are almost there for this 1.06 monster update. The game is turning into a wonderful thing and I look forward to the many things ahead from your team. Thanks and remember our complaining is just because we all wanna see this game turn out as a masterpiece to be the benchmark for these types of games for years to come, and something that will credit your resumes for even longer.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Grandpa Canuck said:

Thanks Nick. I know many of us have been hard on you guys about these updates, but many of us hard core players appreciate your teams efforts. Personally I would like to say the amount of comments you have made in this forum these last several weeks is a wonderful and dramatic change form 1-2 years ago. You are almost there for this 1.06 monster update. The game is turning into a wonderful thing and I look forward to the many things ahead from your team. Thanks and remember our complaining is just because we all wanna see this game turn out as a masterpiece to be the benchmark for these types of games for years to come, and something that will credit your resumes for even longer.

exactly our thoughts. Thank you for making this game 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

3x NEW  HULLS

Again, great work from the 3D developer. Beautiful new hulls and components. 😉✌️

Issues feedback:

- “French Large Armored Cruiser” available from 1907 to 1921

In game is available from 1914. (error)

pf3AVjt.jpg

The funnel with crane (the 2 new BIG funnels) should not be allowed to be placed in the main tower.

4fwTb7q.jpg

0R84Jr0.jpg

Issues with gun arcs in these two positions. It is the same issue (same location) for the new 3 hulls.

1. I encountered a lot of game crashes with this version. With two crashes my complete campaign got broken. Can you enable us to make multiple saves like in most games? This would not only enable us to prevent this but also to have multiple different campaigns simultaniously.

2. The tech tree has several things that could get improved. For example the the 12 inch gun mk 2 needs to get researched earlier. It get's skipped.

3. The financial gameplay is to straight foreward. You just put all 3 sliders to max and always increase shipyard at max. There isn't any choice here. I wouldn't call that gameplay. On the other hand i don't know what the AI does, but i seem to always research faster than the AI. After just 2 years i have so much better ships that my 3 fleets of 4 BBs can just beat everything the AI throws at me. What is the point of the AI having 100+ ships in the start and me only a handfull, when i wipe their asses easily. Can u make them adept better somehow?

4. Encountered a bug where i played the germans and got a mission to engage a german transport convoy with guarding ships. So when i tried to fight germans with germans the game crashed... lol

5. Sometimes if i forgot to replenish lost men on ships and take them back into battle after repairs they immediatly surrender. This should not be possible. Prevent them from entering or make the loses counter reset to 100%. Additionally surrendered ships shouldn't count as sunken after the battle. They should go to the victor to decide what happens to them. Keep them or sink.

6. If you get your hand on enemy ships through a future capture mechanic or compensation. We should be able to analyse the technology and make it our own.

7. After winning the war i choose to get ships from the enemy fleets as compensation. First, if they are still in the enemy port i can't move them, so i scrapped them. Not so bad my ships are better anyway, i just wanted to reduce the enemy fleets. Then i saw a big problem with the current relations. The AI doesn't seem to care if it can win a war. If the relations are bad they start war no matter they have nearly no fleet anymore and i am technology wise 10 years ahead.

8. Can we get a mechanic to prevent ships from sinking due to help from other ships? I imagine the other ship maneuvering on the side of the ship and mooring them together. For this of course the sinking speed would have to be sufficient slow for the maneuver.

Edited by MasterBurte

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

There are improvements, but is still needing some tweaking.

- A Nelson BB is now possible. +/-

sjjnZk9.jpg

Playing around with lighter towers, it seems is possible to get something capable. If we had the Nelson superstructure towers in the game, which should have less weight, then we should be able to place the guns closer to the center and reduce the pitch.

For comparison. The small superstructure in the Nelson class.

1280px-HMS_Nelson_(1931)_profile_drawing

ATM we are forced to move the guns too much forward to act as a counterweight and because of that we have a higher pitch? Maybe.

- The Dunkerque BB is still difficult. It is better now, but still needs some tweaks.

giN5dlx.jpg

6BGIGGo.jpg

Trying different options with towers and funnel position to get something ok. We can notice that in both designs, there is already an imbalance in the armor to compensate the weight difference, but it is still difficult to get a good ship from this hull.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

*UPDATE 19 * (28/6/2022)

3x NEW  HULLS

Good job!

Also @Nick Thomadis, when the Helgoland-type battleship hull for Germany would come out?

Pitch and roll seems broken on some hulls. I can't get the DD1 hull under 50% pitch and 50% roll, and if I designed it how I would have in patch 18 I have a 70% pitch and 80% roll. I know PandR will generally be greater witht he new weight system, but this is sort of broken. the penalties are still there for high P and R after all. I also had a 70% pitch on some of the early french light cruisers. 

• Like 2

My BB got 3 partial pens and somehow his engine got damaged, although the exact same ship was later in a fight against  2 CA and5 CLs and lost half HP through fires and partial pens and the engine was fine... will be hard to replicate.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.8a1f44fe6c59b09674d5a7e8d97cb3bf.png

Im also still getting more Deck hits then Belt hits in short distances (0,5 Km to 3 Km)

I am getting a lot of early "Building Ship" lock ups or crashes (After 2-3 minutes of waiting I restart the game)

Will post more the farther I get into the campaign (Germany 1920) that's the major bug so far after this release.