Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming v1.05 changelog

Nick Thomadis

13 minutes ago, Panzergraf said:

Awesome!
And I assume you can also edit the file give the enemy some money now and then so you actually get ships to fight against?

yea go to cash and type "Infinity" that works everytime, be warned they will max out recruitment and build ships lol

@Nick Thomadis I only have four word for you guys: 

JIZZ IN MA PANTS!

I'm really looking forward for this update but I got a question, are there going to be any mixed battles. For ships from germany and Austria combining into a single fleet, which fights the italians in the mediterranean to fight. And if so would the player be in controll of the austrian ships or would it work like with transports? 

Thank you for your hard work anyways guys :)

12 minutes ago, Stealth17 said:

This patch looks extremely promising! Very excited to play and showcase another set of campaigns with it :)

I can't wait to see what you are going to build again ^^

6 hours ago, Panzergraf said:

Awesome!
And I assume you can also edit the file give the enemy some money now and then so you actually get ships to fight against?

Either directly give them a lot of cash, or increase their national wealth by a lot so they keep getting money. Or both.

Obviously, no idea about how it will change or not with this upcoming patch.

2 hours ago, SodaBit said:

He said by the end of the week, (I think?) so I'd imagine Saturday at the latest, Monday if there's a delay for a late-breaking bug or something

The "by the end of the week" was last week, so it could come anytime; since we're already in delay and they didn't provide any idea of when this week it'll drop, it might be delayed again

6 hours ago, Terka1917 said:

The "by the end of the week" was last week, so it could come anytime; since we're already in delay and they didn't provide any idea of when this week it'll drop, it might be delayed again

Yeah, the "end of the week" starts to sound like the "Soon™️" from certain russian developer I won't name here..

Edited by The PC Collector

52 minutes ago, The PC Collector said:

Yeah, the "end of the week" starts to sound like the "Soon™️" from certain russian developer I won't name here..

it heapens when they find gamebreaking bug (i am judging from previous deleys in updates) to be honest i wouldent be suprised if those were mostly for example based on ai ship generator in new system. It will be worth a wait i mean it technicly is deleyed for 3 days as of now, so nothing major :)

BTW which russian developer? I am not familiar with gaming industry but it does sound familiar, tho developer about whom i am thinking is not Russian but Polish :)

18 hours ago, Grayknight said:

it heapens when they find gamebreaking bug (i am judging from previous deleys in updates) to be honest i wouldent be suprised if those were mostly for example based on ai ship generator in new system. It will be worth a wait i mean it technicly is deleyed for 3 days as of now, so nothing major :)

BTW which russian developer? I am not familiar with gaming industry but it does sound familiar, tho developer about whom i am thinking is not Russian but Polish :)

Well, if that's the case, won't hurt to come by and say "Eh, by the way we have found a bug which is going to dely the update indefinitely". It takes literally like a minute or less.

Edited by The PC Collector

Absolutely stupendous changelog I must say. Assuming all of this works as intended it will be marvelous, thank you Nick. Obviously there are many things to be excited for, but the main ones that catch my eye are:

Improved Ship Motion at Sea - this always got to me, weird movements and waves clipping through upper superstructures like they were in a typhoon

Task Forces - finally we have at least some limited control over the RNG encounters, and I hope this task force use means that ships won't go to random ports anymore, but rather the one their TF deployed from

Flooding mechanics improvement - this is vitally important for a game about naval combat after all and I am beyond excited to finally not see little TBs getting struck with 12" shells and still floating, let alone maneuvering as if nothing happened

I will say that the one thing I am disappointed to not see is any mention of visual changes to battle backgrounds, including adding weather effects. I know this will be a gradual thing, but eventually this implementation will lead to creating a sensible spotting system that players can understand visually as well as mechanically. All said, I hope you are doing well in Ukraine in these trying times.

Edited by Littorio
  • Like 7