Game-Labs Forum

>>>Alpha-12 Feedback (v86 3/6/2021)<<<

4 hours ago, HorizonFulcrum said:

If History is written by the victor, how come the Lost Cause Myth is a thing?

Because ideas and beliefs are never destroyed, even if they're defeated. Its only the march of centuries that dilutes and defuses these things.

Edited by Fishyfish
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, DougToss said:

It kind of looks like they're doing the Perpetual Beta thing that's popular now. I get it, there are advantages to it, but I also feel like the pressure of needing to get a CD ready to ship, that wouldn't be patched potentially forever was good for quality control. It's good that they're changing things like how aerial bombs work:

But to your point, Great Naval Battles: North Atlantic had to get it right from the start. 

lol of course part of the advantage to this development model is the ability to receive feedback and make changes accordingly, but I digress. 

"It kind of looks like they're doing the Perpetual Beta thing..."

Well yes. I am the responsible for the bomb rework but was needed. At least now we have a much more realistic system in game. The good thing about wots is KFG is always listening the community and releasing patches almost every week. The game is so much different now from when it was released in February.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skeksis said:

A result of ending updates until the campaign

No, as a result of the lack of communication by the devs. I doubt if the devs posted some tasty morsel of what they've been up to the past month, we'd be this bored out of our skulls...

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Skeksis said:

Did you ever notice the flurry of comms with every update? No Sir, communication wasn’t a problem with every update.

I think he's referring to the fact that the devs fail to tell the player/fan base anything about whats going on with the game. This is causing people to completely give up and argue about stupid and unrelated things, I've seen it happen on the steam forum for this game.

Edited by Noobito

20 hours ago, Skeksis said:

Did you ever notice the flurry of comms with every update? No Sir, communication wasn’t a problem with every update.

You misunderstand me. Not with every update, but since the last update. Since about two months ago, we've been virtually under radio silence about what's going on with Core Patch 1. Without information, minds wonder and people gossip.

Like I said before, we don't need much, just a few lines every fortnight. But the golden standart, in my opinion, is the old Factorio Blog. A simple blogpost every Friday where the team explained the bugs they'd found and how they squashed them. They managed to make sprite tiling and pathfinding algorithms sound interesting! I know, we are not owed that, but a man can dream, can't he?

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Noobito said:

I think he's referring to the fact that the devs fail to tell the player/fan base anything about whats going on with the game...I've seen it happen on the steam forum for this game.

Now I'm alarmed. I had thought maybe now that they had a Steam page, they'd have given up on this forum and its small user base, and that was why things were silent here. That's not great news.

Edited by DougToss

12 hours ago, DougToss said:

Now I'm alarmed. I had thought maybe now that they had a Steam page, they'd have given up on this forum and its small user base, and that was why things were silent here. That's not great news.

Yeah its quite unfortunate, the devs just about never talk and when they do they "attempt" to reassure people they haven't given up despite the lack of communication overall. Due to this they now no longer answer questions about the game when people are having problems with xolsa or are trying to redownload the game after getting a new computer among other things.

This its causing the dwindling fanbase on the steam forum to not only give up on the game development but argue about non-sense which at this point has turned into a pissing match between some people on there... What makes this worse is that for days if not a week or so at a time no one will post anything or say anything on there, its completely dead. Even tried telling one of the users on there it was dead and was told I was wrong... Bruh

Since then I ditched the steam forums to come here instead, since the community here seems to be more stable.

Edited by Noobito

1 hour ago, Marshall99 said:

No riot yet?

RIOOOT! RIIIOOTTT!!44!!4!  ALAAARRRMM!

Come on guys, to the cannons! We need to strike immediately! 

What cannons?! Our navies haven't moved for months! Most of our ships may need an overhaul. All we got now is just simple house hold items.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

What cannons?! Our navies haven't moved for months! Most of our ships may need an overhaul. All we got now is just simple house hold items.

No problem! We will craft some! Bring some wooden logs, and we will make some mighty wooden cannons.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

No problem! We will craft some! Bring some wooden logs, and we will make some mighty wooden cannons.

Hmmmm. That could work except once we fire them they would most likely immediately be destroyed and may blast us in the face......LET'S DO IT!

image.jpeg.f15a317fc0b3516a037cfbae1ed41ec7.jpeg

• Like 1