Game-Labs Forum

Dear Admin

7 hours ago, Cap Trujis said:

Honestly, what do you think if you give the Russian clans a chance to change nations they would go away? Directly do a map wipe, put a population control,make a good alliance mechanic and special mechanics to pirates.

I think a detoriation, corruption system for overgrown empires is the solution to make them collapse. But I am not inserting this in elaborated form as proposal into the voting system, as I have no illusion about getting downvoted with such there. People vote for personal gains only. Only very few have the bigger picture on their mind, what benefits the game in general.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, admin said:

We dont ban for critique, we only ban jerks like rediii who decided he can dance on the Seeferkel's memorial. You are obviously not a jerk, just a person unhappy with recent changes..

I suppose many players never heard about Seeferkel. Could you tell us about this person?

I want to hear this from admin as a more authoritative source in the Caribbean

Edited by qw569😳

19 hours ago, admin said:

All games are already dead. 

"You hid in the ditch because you think there is still hope. The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a developer soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it.”

Ronald Spiers
E Company, 506 Regiment, 101st Airborne. 

I stand behind all changes in the game (they are all mine like 100% of all other changes). They are not liked now but they are good for an MMO. MMO with proper power and rarity and grind for veteran level crews, for rare officers, rare stronger guns etc etc. Its coming. Its just started from woods, but it does not stop at woods

@adminAbout the officers: we will have also normal ones? "seasoned" ones? 

Are you planning to make a 3d avatar for them to place on the main deck so we could see them with spyglass and understand what we are facing? 

Could be nice 

10 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

They are almost never written with objectivity on their minds, but out of emotions.

Well games either give you positive or negative emotions so that is kind of the point. This game is terrible in some ways and great in others. Overall I would actually say its a 6/10 max. Just because it has a great combat system that is unbalanced does not mean its a great game since imo it fails in alot of other ways. 

• Like 1

The game does not progress, it only increases the power distance between new players and experienced players by adding more and more distance to the "summit". What does adding more woods really contribute ?: More powerful ships that only a part of the players are going to be able to afford and that will cause an increase in game abandonments apart from being a downward revision of the DLCs after they have been paid.

And yet we still have the hideous pirate movie-inspired boarding system that only ruins battles by watching a numbers dance in a square.

Edited by Torrente
  • Like 1

People have been saying the game is dying ever since I started playing it (well I played during sea trials, the population was exploding then). But the truth of the matter is this game is way better with a lot of people playing it - I don't know how to make it more popular especially in North America.  North American player base is quite low unfortunately.

I know what I would like - more PvP encounters with varied groups of people. Will cheaper ships/upgrades help with that? Maybe, the redoubtable DLC definitely helped, so did the ability to capture any rate of ship in the OW so maybe that's the best direction then? I think that the cost of upgrades, super woods and everything that forces more grind causes PvP to decline and should be reduced so that we may get more weekend warriors etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raf Van Boom said:

I know what I would like - more PvP encounters with varied groups of people. Will cheaper ships/upgrades help with that? Maybe, the redoubtable DLC definitely helped, so did the ability to capture any rate of ship in the OW so maybe that's the best direction then? I think that the cost of upgrades, super woods and everything that forces more grind causes PvP to decline and should be reduced so that we may get more weekend warriors etc.

Those are superfluous changes that would only cater to people already fairly addicted to NA. What new players look for is a lively world, not cheaper goods.

In my experience PVP was most enjoyable for about the first two weeks after release, player numbers were moderate, no one had expensive mod stacks , knowledge books and ships. Most were sailing junk to average ships or the 5th rate DLC ships available at the time. 

Now OW is mostly filled with 4th rate super ships and Redoubts. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Urchin said:

Now OW is mostly filled with 4th rate super ships and Redoubts

Definitely has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that those ships are not crafted.......

Admin and all the DLC defenders all seem to think that's OK. Funny thing is I predicted this a year ago but apparently I am wrong. 

Were players are wrong is when they say dlc are killing the game. This game will always have a small player base but it would be nice if it was fun. No matter what they do 300-600 players is what to expect in the long run. It has been like this since the beginning. 

Edited by HachiRoku

12 hours ago, Torrente said:

What does adding more woods really contribute

Another one who did not understand crafting got valued up by exotic rare woods. An experimenting playground has been opened (that is an asset in any game with crafting involved). A way of draining large fortunes in reals (often complained about as "useless") has been found. Without being mandatory as you still can fight in ships of regular woods, and if the captain in his multi-million-reals african teak ship is bad, you will even win. Same as, if you have the african teak ship and are bad, he will win in his fir/fir.

Some people have to stop always seeing themselves as victims. Predestined victims. Because then you become victims for sure. No matter what woods or what else new thing went disturbing your conservative paradise.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Without being mandatory as you still can fight in ships of regular woods, and if the captain in his multi-million-reals african teak ship is bad, you will even win. Same as, if you have the african teak ship and are bad, he will win in his fir/fir.

What's the point? If the player happens to be GOOD then he is unstoppable.
Stat padding, mix/maxing and mod stacking is disgusting in age of sail.
truly the delicate and subtle art of sailing is lost on these devs.
they let the fantasy MMO scene get to their heads.
This game is not meant to be that.

Edited by Slim McSauce

2 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

truly the delicate and subtle art of sailing

You seem to have missed my point, as I try to convey the idea you are still the factor which decides about victory or defeat and not the gear (african teak multi-million ship for example). So I in fact pledged in favor of this, "art of sailing" as the ultimate source of success.

And we crafters also want our fun, and that is the akquisition and use of as many factors as possible in shipbuilding (which includes the various upgrades).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Urchin said:

In my experience PVP was most enjoyable for about the first two weeks after release, player numbers were moderate, no one had expensive mod stacks , knowledge books and ships. Most were sailing junk to average ships or the 5th rate DLC ships available at the time. 

Now OW is mostly filled with 4th rate super ships and Redoubts. 

There was already enough difference in the various ships, without any substantial mods changing the performance  to offer enough variety and strategic choice.
Each of these ships are modeled to their very curves, each sail changes the characteristic, some ships work better in certain scenarios.|
But when you throw 20%, 40%, 100% buffs on various aspects of a ship, it becomes good at everything. It becomes a meta.
So you lose those very characteristics that make a ship worth sailing, instead all that matters is the gun layout.
because everything else can be buffed to where it really doesn't matter.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Another one who did not understand crafting got valued up by exotic rare woods. An experimenting playground has been opened (that is an asset in any game with crafting involved). A way of draining large fortunes in reals has been found. Without being mandatory as you still can fight in ships of regular woods, and if the captain in his multi-million-reals african teak ship is bad, you will even win. Same as, if you have the african teak ship and are bad, he will win in his fir/fir.

Some people have to stop always seeing themselves as victims. Predestined victims. Because then you become victims for sure. No matter what woods or what else new thing went disturbing your conservative paradise.

Anyone who knows this game a little knows that you will not find ships crafted with unicorn horn, dragon tooth, and elven sail in inferiority situations led by an inexperienced player. 99/100 of the occasions it will not be like that.

Increasing the path to the top more and more will only empty the pvp server of new members. In fact, I'm the only one who keeps playing in my group of 4 friends for these same reasons.

If the devs intend to follow this path, I think it would be more honest to include fantasy factions, dragons, and dwarf machineries.

There are limits that a game that tries to recreate a historical epoch should not cross, and this one has already amply done so.

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

Definitely has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that those ships are not crafted.......

Admin and all the DLC defenders all seem to think that's OK. Funny thing is I predicted this a year ago but apparently I am wrong. 

Were players are wrong is when they say dlc are killing the game. This game will always have a small player base but it would be nice if it was fun. No matter what they do 300-600 players is what to expect in the long run. It has been like this since the beginning. 

I was willing to put up with 300-600 players online during beta for the past few years and because a wipe was imminent but not now that it's released.  When all you enjoy is open world solo hunting there just isn't enough players and variety of ships to attack anymore. 

Edited by Urchin

On 7/19/2020 at 12:32 AM, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Then NA is a good game. I have seen 85 players on my server on weekends.

The game that you play is completely different than the one we play on the PvP server. You would be fine with even a single player version of the game since you dont find fighting AI all day tedious and boring to death. And that is fine, as long as you can understand what we are talking about... But it seems you clearly cant.

Edited by Henry Long Castle
  • Like 2

I have 4000+ hours spent on this game, only with my main account. I don't know exactly the total and I don't care that. Can I say that the game is bad? LOL.

The only other game on which I spent more time is IL2 Sturmovik series, but at a moment I stopped because I don't like development since Stalingrad. I can just say "Thank you" to Oleg Maddox and people who took the development after him.

By the way, plenty of messages can be read here on poor new player retention and how to blabla... A good player retention could be organised by translating the user guide in YOUR language. Strange that nothing was made in German, French, Italian, Spanish or Russian after 6 month.

I know that this would be quite a job, and that just whining is shorter.

😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

There's a big difference in loving "the idea of a game" and really liking "the game" as is, with all development done.

Is it a reason to hate ? After 10,000 hours ? Gimme a break...

What you show is that you didn't play a single one of those ten thousand hours nor your objective was to enjoy the game, but to win and post crap in the game forum.

Half don't even care about the theme of the game anyway... nor appreciate every single modelled ship, both visually and every single rig line coded and whatever the devs do.

All they want is to win, and the easier the more exploitable the better. And on top to put salt on everything, make sure it gets registered on chats and the more reports the better. That's the 50k hours "I deserve !" mmo player in NA.

I'm sorry for those with 50k hours that are here for the history, the entire theme around the game and that can appreciate the game, no matter what server. Majority are silent in public shame part of forums but very active in what counts.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Urchin said:

I was willing to put up with 300-600 players online during beta for the past few years and because a wipe was imminent but not now that it's released.  When all you enjoy is open world solo hunting there just isn't enough players and variety of ships to attack anymore. 

I think there would need to be way more stuff to do ingame to attract a larger player base. Leaving ships and interacting with players in ports etc.